GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she didn't own anything free and clear there is really no reason for a will. It is only when you have something of value that such is needed. Life insurance policies would go direct to the beneficiary. Also, if you have everything in order such as See Alice said you can avoid costly probate. I am an only child and everything was placed in my name prior to death and I didn't have to file anything through probate. I guess some states could be different.

Yep. Just think of all the diff things you learn from following true crime cases. Personally I have learned a lot.

It's a word you need to know in real estate. I'm kind of surprised she didn't have a will given her guardianship of a minor but I suppose that issue is covered in other documentation related to the custody case.

See GrilledCheezy link item 1. No will. She died "intestate" which means no will. Not sure how that plays into the custody caretaker role w/granddaughter if at all. It's pretty cut & dry though, that there was no will.

Agree, I understand the not having a will. #6 of the order makes me think if they get $ from a civil suit it would then have to be account for, correct? Link to order https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/i...resent2?DMS_ID=K0HQX2TWCHJ8DFCLU0PV8I66MS3OQK

It's a word you need to know in real estate. I'm kind of surprised she didn't have a will given her guardianship of a minor but I suppose that issue is covered in other documentation related to the custody case.

She was co guardian with Carl Carter Sr and the natural mother. Only husb, 2 sons, sister and mother are listed as next of kin. I guess since it was a co guardianship and not adoption. ??

Thanks for your legal knowledge even if limited to certain areas ;) much appreciated!

Agree, I understand the not having a will. #6 of the order makes me think if they get $ from a civil suit it would then have to be account for, correct? Link to order https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/i...resent2?DMS_ID=K0HQX2TWCHJ8DFCLU0PV8I66MS3OQK
I believe you are correct, and since she had no will that is why her siblings and mother is also listed.

My sister in law died suddenly four years ago. She was single, lived in apartment and had no life insurance. All of the siblings and my mother in law had to all sign off on her car before it could be sold. That was all she owned and then that money went for her funeral.

I am surprised the granddaughter is not listed. Since the son is deceased usually it would name the grandchildren/child for his part.

5:16pm 1/20/2015 Arron Lewis has been returned to the custody of Dept of Corrections.... per vine update just received.

Meaning he went for his Forensic Eval today and has returned back to Tucker Max... now they have to do their paperwork/reports

Whaddya bet little Aaron is wearing out a pen tonight writing.

If he is able to write from all that straight jacket squeezing!! I am glad he didnt escape. Doesnt mean he didnt try. I would like to guess that he refused to say a word at the eval. I just dont think he can keep his trap shut to refuse that much.

**This is off topic** but does anyone know of a reliable source to run a license plate number to find out who owns the car? I saw several sites that charge money for the information and I want to make sure I pay a reliable one. Thank you so much!

With all due respect to everyone and with no disrespect intended to anyone, why does it matter what Beverly did OR did not have? Why does it matter if she did OR did not have a will? When in the end, it all comes down to one thing...her life was taken. She was murdered. Her body found buried in a shallow grave at a concrete plant. Two people are charged for her murder and kidnapping. Was she rich? Was she poor? Does it matter? Beverly and/or her family have not been charged with a crime. Beverly and/or her family's lives should not be being picked apart or scrutinized or second guessed (IMO). Even IF something would come out at a later date, that may lead to why it was her and not somebody else, it still shouldn't matter because NO MATTER WHAT, she did not deserve to have her life taken no matter what she may OR may not have done.

Sure, we all want to know and we all wonder WHY? WHY did they do this? WHY Beverly? If not Beverly, would it have been someone else? The ones that can answer those questions would (IMO) be the ones that are charged with her murder and kidnapping. And if AL and CL (or anyone else for that matter) do not want we, the public, speculating, sleuthing, forming our own opinions, and trying to piece together in our minds what took place then maybe they themselves should tell their stories. Of course, we know that is not going to happen because then they would be admitting to what roles they played in Beverly's death. We all know that AL has a big mouth and has a hard time keeping it shut. CL has been portrayed by those who knew her, at least here on the thread, as someone who would never have played a part in any of this. It is difficult for anyone to ever want to accept that someone they knew or were close to could ever have committed such crimes or been involved in anyway whatsoever. The most you ever hear after the fact may be something along the lines of, well he/she always was kind of strange, I never did put nothing past him/her, they have always had issues, etc etc etc. But, there comes a time (IMO) when it is what it is, the covering for and making excuses will only last until it all starts coming out at trial, then there is no turning back. Both their past histories speak volumes as to many things (IMO). And I am quite sure, there are many who know much more than will ever be admitted to.

Yes, we all know that people do get charged with crimes, found guilty and sentenced, only to have charges later dismissed or reversed, exonerated etc. However, IMO, that isn't the case here with AL OR CL. If it is, then I will be the first to admit that I was wrong (as I'm sure most of you will too).

IMO, Beverly was much more productive and had a lot more to contribute to society than AL and/or CL did obviously. From what we have been told and from what we can assume Beverly worked full-time, as did her husband. Was AL or CL employed? Was they productive members of society? Did either OR hold down a job? Did they own or was they purchasing the home they lived in?

And I could go on and on. My point being, why should Beverly's life be scrutinized?

It does feel a bit untoward to delve into Beverly's financial situation and probate issues. Having just been the Administratrix on my own sister's estate (she died very suddenly) that took several years to close, I know quite a bit about probate and estate issues and truly feel that they are private. Add the special circumstance that the deceased has been murdered and I am rather inclined to respectfully stand down. Just my opinion, of course. I confess that I am sensitive to the rights and privacy of the families who are left to pick up the pieces of a lost loved ones life and try and move through all they've left behind.

ETA: And I fully appreciate that no one here has posted anything to intentionally show disrespect or has had any intention to dishonor Beverly. It's understandably easy to get caught up in the *why*and overlook the needs of those suffering with the *what next?*

SBM

My point being, why should Beverly's life be scrutinized?

There are a couple reasons for this:

1. It helps to determine if anywhere in her life she crossed paths with anyone involved in this crime before the fateful day it occurred.
2. CC has filed court paperwork beginning the process of probate and a civil suit so it is relevant whether or not BC had a will.

It may be your opinion that none of this needs to be discussed. My opinion differs. It is my opinion that AL's stupid whining and lawsuits don't need to be discussed at the length to which they are here. Others opinions differ and they continue to have those conversations here. BC is allowed to be "sleuthed" in this manner.

Somewhat off topic, but if any of the readers here do not have a will, go write one. Hire a lawyer or do it online. Especially if you have minor children. What if you and your spouse both die in an accident? You want to be able to specify who will be their guardian, who will administer your estate in their behalf, etc.

SBM

There are a couple reasons for this:

1. It helps to determine if anywhere in her life she crossed paths with anyone involved in this crime before the fateful day it occurred.
2. CC has filed court paperwork beginning the process of probate and a civil suit so it is relevant whether or not BC had a will.

It may be your opinion that none of this needs to be discussed. My opinion differs. It is my opinion that AL's stupid whining and lawsuits don't need to be discussed at the length to which they are here. Others opinions differ and they continue to have those conversations here. BC is allowed to be "sleuthed" in this manner.
I do agree and I am sure the Carters financial situation will be brought up in the trial. Is it fair? No but I think in my opinion, it will be an ugly trial.

Somewhat off topic, but if any of the readers here do not have a will, go write one. Hire a lawyer or do it online. Especially if you have minor children. What if you and your spouse both die in an accident? You want to be able to specify who will be their guardian, who will administer your estate in their behalf, etc.

I have had two loved ones die suddenly and without a will in place. I absolutely agree. A legally binding will (make sure it has the necessary witness signatures or it will be ruled inadmissible) can spare those you love and leave behind a lot of headache.

Mark Twain comes to mind...

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain - 1894 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulob419