GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMHO, I am thinking the mental defect would come more in play on sentencing especially if Death Penalty is on the table.

I see. I think. Right now they are determining if he is competent to stand trial, not whether he was legally insane when he (allegedly) committed the kidnapping & murder.

If that's the case and they deem him incompetent to assist in his defense, do they medicate him and then when/if he becomes competent, they go to trial?

Yes...Qualls is the public defender. Hensley is AL's lawyer.

Am I the only one who thought Hensley was representing CL originally? IIRC, it was on the theft by receiving charge.

Whoops, that was Holliman. Sorry.

Catching up... could be on the Robbery charge? for AL? Both the Robbery and TBR charges were not included in the Formal charges of Cap Murder, Kidnapping and AL firearms charges. BUT they do show to have been bound over to Circuit Court.. jmho.. that what was on. OK now to catch up and see if it something else ;)

https://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov/cconnect/PROD/public/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_frames?backto=P&case_id=60CR-14-3928&begin_date=&end_date=

01/21/2015
03:33 PM PET PROCEED IN FORMA PAUPER HENSLEY JR , JAMES EARL
Entry: none.
Images WEB

https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/imaging/IMAGES/DMS/CK_Image.Present2?DMS_ID=7F48BPVIVGX7JXZ06VCGJ6VYYBQ25J

edit to add: Posting at same time. LOL

So, would that be the reason for the video arraignment? I hate that I'm so ignorant of all these procedures!
****NOTE THIS IS ON THE CIRCUIT CASE, with AL and CL as co defendants...
In forma pauperis. A Latin term meaning "in the manner of a pauper". Allowing a poor person to bring suit without liability for the costs of the suit.
***ETA :) had to look up the exact meaning, I thought I knew but didn't know how to explain.

IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF PULASKI COUNTY, ARKANSAS
Criminal Division
4th Division
STATE OF ARKANSAS PLAINTIFF
VS. Case No. 60CR-14-3928
ARRON LEWIS DEFENDANT

ORDER GRANTING LEAVE TO PROCEED IN FORMA PAUPERIS
On this day, the Court heard the petition of ARRON LEWIS that he be permitted to
proceed in forma pauperis. The Court being satisfied of the truth of the facts alleged and good
cause appearing thereto, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED :
1. That ARRON LEWIS is authorized and permitted to proceed in forma pauperis.
2. The Clerk of the Circuit Court and/or Court Reporter of Pulaski County shall
receive and file any necessary forms or pleadings incident to Defendant’s action without
requiring the payment of fees or costs
3. The Sheriffs of the several counties of the State of Arkansas shall serve writs or
processes incident to the Defendant’s action without requiring the payment of fees or costs.
4. No other officer shall require of Defendant any fee or cost incident to this action.
IT IS SO ORDERED.

Did we miss this from yesterday?

https://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov/cconnect/PROD/public/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_frames?backto=P&case_id=PCS-14-6963&begin_date=&end_date=

01/21/2015
08:30 AM VIDEO ARGNMT HEARING HELD
Entry: none.
Images No Images

I pretty sure that it is for the Robbery, and we should see a formal paperwork soon I would think for Circuit Court. Remember the Cap Murder, Kidnapping and Firearms did not reflect the charge of Robbery.
THIS is showing on the District case # (the orig charges before they were formally charged in Circuit Court Nov 24th, then had their P&A Dec 3 2014 iirc . Confusing for sure, but you have to look at the COURT, that's only way I keep straight

LEWIS, ARRON MICHAEL
Violation: 3 Citation#: 14-22015 Age at Violation: 33 Plea: 30-SEP-14 NOT GUILTY
5-12-102 ROBBERY; FB Disp:01-DEC-14 BOUND OVER TO CIRCUIT COURT
Level: FB CLASS B FELONY
Violation Date: 30-SEP-14
Violation Time:

01/21/2015

This is JUST MY OPINION only as to why the hearing with Jan 21 date

On CL Mis charge of TBR, it also shows bound over to Circuit court, both of these show that date as well as all the other charges as being bound over Dec 1, 2014. CL did her Video Arraignment on 12/1/2014 on that charge.

Maybe they are going to amend the Circuit case to add these?

DISTRICT COURT CASE
LOWERY, CRYSTAL HOPE

Violation: 1 Citation#: Age at Violation: 41 Plea:
5-36-106(e)(4) THEFT BY RECEIVING <= $1,000; MA Disp:01-DEC-14 BOUND OVER TO CIRCUIT COURT
Level: MA CLASS A MISDEMEANOR
Violation Date: 29-SEP-14
12/01/2014
Entry: JL/12-1-14...FILED DIRECT
https://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov/c...o=P&case_id=PCS-14-6992&begin_date=&end_date=

AL will probably be filing his next claim for carpal tunnel syndrome from all the handwriting of his lawsuits/complaints.

Wonder if AL or CL have anybody putting any $$ on their books for snacks? The chances probably aren't too good that other inmates are helping them out, huh?!

ETA: AL's shoulder must have healed up rather nicely as a person would think all the handwriting would aggravate the pain; that or the Tylenol and Motrin is finally relieving his pain.

Remember when we had read that Arron filing that suit was going to cost $350? and they took the little money out of his account? Does this form mean he can file all of those things without having to pay the fee? I sure hope not.

I wonder if there's any statutes and/or limitations on how many lawsuits he can file? The only reason I wonder is you'd think the courts and the judge would get frustrated after awhile, I'm sure they have much more important things they'd like to be doing.

Remember when we had read that Arron filing that suit was going to cost $350? and they took the little money out of his account? Does this form mean he can file all of those things without having to pay the fee? I sure hope not.

I'm just guessing, mpnola, but I think that's what that means, is that he doesn't have to pay any of those fees now, but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jme81