AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #6

I can't believe it's been 3 years. BR and JC were both named POIs and that veil has never been lifted, yet nothing has come of it.

From the above link:

So Cassie’s sister thinks she is just wondering around in the Stuttgart area???? For 3 years??? Wow.
My sister and I drove from Stuttgart to Crockett’s Bluff last month on the back roads and came back through Roe / Ulm. I thought of Cassie the whole time. Very vast area with nothing but fields and trees with a few houses scattered around. She could literally be anywhere.
Cassie is always on my mind and I hope she comes home soon. It’s been far too long.

So Cassie’s sister thinks she is just wondering around in the Stuttgart area???? For 3 years??? Wow.
My sister and I drove from Stuttgart to Crockett’s Bluff last month on the back roads and came back through Roe / Ulm. I thought of Cassie the whole time. Very vast area with nothing but fields and trees with a few houses scattered around. She could literally be anywhere.
Cassie is always on my mind and I hope she comes home soon. It’s been far too long.

It’s like she was just a throw-away child.

Sorry, but her family sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This little lady has always haunted me. I'm most disappointed with LE in this case. It's so obvious that something happened to her that day. So many possible suspects here. I remember going down the rabbit hole looking into it and thought, Wow, this guy, and this guy, and what about THIS guy. And then...NOTHING. Now it is three THREE!!! long years later...crickets. I won't forget her.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I can't believe it's been 3 years. BR and JC were both named POIs and that veil has never been lifted, yet nothing has come of it.

From the above link:
You're right!
I often find myself asking " WHO is going to bat for this child "?
Does she have an advocate? A person saying " hey where are we with this case "?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

It would be nice to see this case pick up some momentum again. But if the people in Cassie's life are content to just let it go, then she has truly lost her voice. She has no advocate.[emoji20]

It would be nice to see this case pick up some momentum again. But if the people in Cassie's life are content to just let it go, then she has truly lost her voice. She has no advocate.[emoji20]

What a SHAME, IMO.
A SAD, shame.

Glad to see some ppl still thinking about Cassie. I was wondering if anyone has a youtube channel or twitter? If you do so, please contact John Jordan on his Lordanarts youtube channel. He is the host of Brainscratch and he could give Cassie justice by doing an episode about her case like he does with so many other cases. I would contact him but I dont have a youtube and I'm really not sure how to get in touch with him on his twitter.

I remember being at work in the McCain Mall in Little Rock and a woman coming through crying handing out posters for Cassie. I don't remember who she said she was, but she seemed distressed. I never really thought about it much, until I came here today and saw she is still missing and no one is even looking for her. (At least it looks that way) So sad she never had a true stable family or people to take care of her, how does a 16 year old girl go missing and no one seems to even care?

I remember being at work in the McCain Mall in Little Rock and a woman coming through crying handing out posters for Cassie. I don't remember who she said she was, but she seemed distressed. I never really thought about it much, until I came here today and saw she is still missing and no one is even looking for her. (At least it looks that way) So sad she never had a true stable family or people to take care of her, how does a 16 year old girl go missing and no one seems to even care?
Exactly.
How DOES that happen? ;(

I believe the root problem is that JC and Cassie moved to Stuttgart from out-of-state about 2010 (via Conway, I believe) and had no real ties here. This place might have been chosen as a place not to be noticed. The point at which I get angry is when the mother pulled the daughter out of the public schools "to home school" here. I had Cassie as a 7th or 8th grade student when she first arrived. She was depressed and struggled to make many friends. There were about three girls who did get close, but once she was "home schooled" there was no real contact with other students, teachers or other adults. HS went to the trouble to take her to the big Baptist church activities on Wednesday nights and after football games to get her out of the house where she had been "trapped" with the disabled mother and the mother's young boyfriend. It seems no one cares because no one with any power knows these people. The one church picture I have seen is not a sanctuary I recognize. I have a fall bayou picture taken one day when I walked the shores looking for anything out of sorts on the banks that I use as my daily wallpaper screen on my phone. I think of her every day wondering if she is dead or alive.

It’s like she was just a throw-away child.

Sorry, but her family sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to gut punch this low, but the following document should be read with eyes looking at the people who were subpoenaed to court. Prep by learning the names of JC's family. Tree is complicated as all four children have different last names, and I believe one caries name of (later post-court) foster family.
http://www1.odcr.com/detail?court=048-&casekey=048-CF 9800038

Excuse me if I'm reading wrong or confusing names but it appears to me that her mom didn't graduate HS but removed her from public school to home school her. What??? Is there no oversight? I think an adult would need some type of qualifications to be eligible to instruct a child in their home. So sad. She had no one to guide or protect her.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Excuse me if I'm reading wrong or confusing names but it appears to me that her mom didn't graduate HS but removed her from public school to home school her. What??? Is there no oversight? I think an adult would need some type of qualifications to be eligible to instruct a child in their home. So sad. She had no one to guide or protect her.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
You're reading correctly, unfortunately.
What gets me is, aside from what little I see here, there isn't anyone actively searching for her at this moment.
Breaks my heart.

A “home school” is defined as “a school provided by a parent or legal guardian for his or her own children.” For the full statute, see Ark. Code. Ann. § 6-15-501 to § 6-15-508.

Notification: Parents must notify the local superintendent in writing each year no later than August 15th (or by December 15th for the spring semester or 14 days prior to withdrawing a child from public school during a semester). When moving to another school district, written notice must be given within 30 days of establishing residency. The first time, the notice must be delivered in person. The notice must include the name, birth date, and grade levels of the children, the name and address of the last school they attended if any, the location of the homeschool, the basic core curriculum to be offered, the proposed schedule of instruction, and the qualifications of the parents. This information is only for statistical purposes, and is reported to the Department of Education.

A “home school” is defined as “a school provided by a parent or legal guardian for his or her own children.” For the full statute, see Ark. Code. Ann. § 6-15-501 to § 6-15-508.

Notification: Parents must notify the local superintendent in writing each year no later than August 15th (or by December 15th for the spring semester or 14 days prior to withdrawing a child from public school during a semester). When moving to another school district, written notice must be given within 30 days of establishing residency. The first time, the notice must be delivered in person. The notice must include the name, birth date, and grade levels of the children, the name and address of the last school they attended if any, the location of the homeschool, the basic core curriculum to be offered, the proposed schedule of instruction, and the qualifications of the parents. This information is only for statistical purposes, and is reported to the Department of Education.

Assessment was addressed in -504 (2012):

6-15-504 - Home-schooled students -- Achievement tests -- Enrollment or reenrollment in local schools.

BUT THEN ACT 832 (2015) later codified under -504 removed the assessment requirements as the concern was not about the child's progress, but whether they would be placed properly if / when they returned to public schools.

Assessment was addressed in -504 (2012):

6-15-504 - Home-schooled students -- Achievement tests -- Enrollment or reenrollment in local schools.

BUT THEN ACT 832 (2015) later codified under -504 removed the assessment requirements as the concern was not about the child's progress, but whether they would be placed properly if / when they returned to public schools.

Then I can't track the code down, but I've learned that a parent cannot be prosecuted for "failure to educate" in the absence of charges for other forms of neglect which are defined in Arkansas Child Maltreatment Act (12-12-501 through 12-12-518). Education "stuff" is Section 6 and criminal "stuff" is Section 12. Also, I would need help finding the exact reference that the 2012-2015 assessment law only required grades 3 to 9 to test annually. It's been a long time since I dug through these things . . . .

happy birthday Cassie.

Another birthday, and no closer to knowing anything for sure.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Found this case and have been reading non stop from the beginning. Just caught up now and I'm almost physically ill that I got to the end and......nothing. You guys are amazing with all of the work that has been done here. I will stay here until she is found. Prayers that it will be soon!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I still think about Cassie often. I guess I thought this case would be solved. Surely someone would talk. It's so sad for Cassie, she never really had a chance. Her "mom" isolated he, she became someone's easy victim. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grammy 4
Back