AR AR - Jarrod Green, 20, Searcy, 30 Sept 1994

Bumping up for Jarrod and his family. I see he has still not been found. May his family have both answers and justice soon.

WHEELER v. CITY OF SEARCY | Case No. 4:18CV00859... | 20200602824| Leagle.com

May 27, 2020
BRANDON LEE WHEELER, Plaintiff, v. CITY of SEARCY, ARKANSAS, ET AL., Defendants.

United States District Court, E.D. Arkansas, Central Division.

Plaintiff Brandon Lee Wheeler ("Wheeler") brings this action under 42 U.S.C. 1983, charging that his constitutional rights were violated when he was arrested for capital murder and abuse of a corpse, charges that a prosecutor eventually dismissed by nolle prosequi, with leave of court.

II. Background
On October 5, 1994, David Green contacted the Searcy Police Department ("Searcy PD") to report that his twenty-year-old son, Jarrod Green ("Green"), had been missing since 8:00 p.m. on September 30, 1994. A related SPD report stated: "The complainant stated that his son had left the complainant's home to meet with a Brandon Wheeler, . . . because his son owed Brandon Wheeler money for drugs."1After receiving the missing person report, the SPD began an extensive investigation into Green's disappearance. On September 17, 1995, almost a year after Green went missing, an individual named Charles Langley ("Langley") provided the following statement:

Sometime late last year, Brandon Wheeler and Jason Webb came to my house in Higginson. They had come to sell me some crystal. While there[,] they asked me if I wanted to get rid of someone for them because he owed them $7,500. The guy they wanted to get rid of was [Jarrod]2 Green. Sometime later in December they came to my house again and said that Jason Green was no longer a problem, that he had been taken out of the picture. They told me that they had grabbed him at the [Walmart] store and took care of him. Both. . . guys used to get at [a lot] of guns from the Higginson gun store. They would deal with the son of the store owner. Later they talked about getting rid of this guy[,] and I told them that I didn't want anything to do with them.3
SPD officers concluded that Jarrod Green was deceased and that Wheeler had murdered him, but they did not pursue charges because evidence was lacking.

*NOTE; More info can be found at link above

The Vanished Podcast just released the first of a 2 part episode about Jerrod's disappearance.
<iframe src="Jarrod Green Part 1: Retribution" style="width: 100%; height: 200px; border: 0 none;" scrolling="no"></iframe>

1667220138606.png

On September 30, 1994, 20-year-old Jarrod Green disappeared from Searcy, Arkansas. Jarrod had indicated to his family that he had plans to meet with someone that night. During a phone call with his girlfriend, Jarrod was clearly upset but wouldn't tell her what was wrong. Jarrod had previously given a gun to a friend and retrieved the gun, saying he needed it for protection. Jarrod never made it home that evening and was never seen or heard from again. Days later, Jarrod's car was found abandoned in the parking lot of a local store. The car doors were left unlocked, windows rolled down, and the keys were on the floor. Jarrod's case went cold, his family didn't hear from law enforcement, and it felt like he was forgotten.

Meanwhile, dark stories continued to grow and spread through the community like a cancer. Not even a year later, someone else in Jarrod's circle disappeared. Another one took his own life and reportedly confessed to playing a role in Jarrod's murder beforehand. Years later, some rookie detectives decided to take a fresh look at this cold case, and there was finally some movement.

If you have any information regarding Jarrod Green's disappearance, please call the Searcy Police Department at (501) 268-3531.

You can follow developments in Jarrod's case on Facebook at Justice for Jarrod.

MAR 27, 2023
Four "key locations" are going to be searched for Jarrod Green, a Searcy graduate who went missing in 1994, according to his sister, SG.

[...]

One of the search teams is coming from Utah and the other is coming from Little Elm, Texas, she said, not too far from where she lives in the Dallas area. She said she is excited because both of the teams specialize in "extreme cold case recovery, so that's a big deal in our favor." SG said they are specifically trained to look for remains that are 10-30 years old or more.
SG said she also had met March 14 with two of the three detectives who have been added to the staff at the Searcy Police Department working on her brother's case.

[...]

SG said she discovered that a couple of pages of a phone bill were missing from around the time that Jarrod disappeared and Sexton is going to send her those. "That will show us what calls were made by Jarrod, potentially from the home phone. We know he made a phone call, that he placed at, I believe, 4:19 on the [Sept.] 28th. There is a record of who he called and what time that my dad wrote but I don't see it anywhere." She said she wants to confirm that with the police.

[...]

Regarding those who will be given a polygraph test relating to Jarrod's case, SG said she knew of one for sure and potentially three who are going to be asked. A few months ago, a witness came forward claiming to have seen Jarrod at 2 on the morning of Oct. 1, 1994. "That person is going to be polygraphed. ...

Shannon also talked about a laptop that a family gave to police. She said she did not think anything was recovered from it by the state Crime Lab, but it was taken to a third party that works in the recovery of data "and they were able to pull something off of it. It was a ledger of names and information I'm going to assume [are] clients or connections related to the drug trade because it was a rather interesting list."

[...]

(Lengthy article; much more at the link)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back