AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand, a covenant marriage is one where the parties make a conscious decision that divorce will never be an option.

Because absolutely nothing could go wrong when you're marrying a child molester.

From Gitana1's post upthread:

In the once discredited post that had been floating around for years which has been totally accurate thus far and disclosed the Duggar family secret years ago, it was stated that the family had to subject themselves to DHS monitoring and six month check, for few years.

This makes sense. The idea that Josh or someone on behalf of Josh would sue the Department is beyond ill advised seeing as how he would have had to answer interrogatories and give sworn statements. The Spring Lake investigation records withstood whatever action might have been taken so I find it hard to believe that he either did it or was successful. gitana1, can you weigh in here?

That being said, given all of the influence peddling that seems to be in place here, it is hard to know what might have happened.

What does , "taking responsibility" mean? I hear people saying they take responsbility for all kinds of things. OK. Does that mean I did this horrible thing and because I say I take responsibility that the topic is now over?

Really, so what????

Josh: As I grew older, I began to realize that there were two different kinds of people in this world – men & women. My parents shared with me a story of a young girl who asked her father a question about ‘that’ subject. Her father replied by handing her his suitcase and asking her to carry it. As the little girl tried to pick up the suitcase she quickly said, ‘I’m not big enough to carry it, its too heavy for me!’ Her father had illustrated his point. He then told his daughter, ‘Some things are too heavy for you to carry right now, but when you are older you will be able to handle them.’ It was that father’s hope, and my parent’s desire that inspired them to train their children to guard their hearts and keep them pure – knowing that the day would come when they would be able to carry that ‘suitcase.’

So he gave his little sisters some other things to carry instead....

Anna: Just after the Duggars first show aired on the Discovery Health Channel, some friends of ours sent us a copy of ’14 Children & Pregnant Again!’ As my family watched the video, I noticed how Joshua, then age sixteen, shared the importance of guarding his heart and waiting for someone who would really love him and wasn’t going to just get carried away with their emotions. I was so excited to see another family who was brought up so similar to the way our parents were training us, but never would I have dreamed what God had in store!

https://web.archive.org/web/20150217210352/http://ja20.com/ourstory/

14 Children and Pregnant Again premiered 6 Sept 2004.

I find it quite incomprehensible that the parents let him carry on about relationships on television after everything that had happened.

Anna: I was surprised a few weeks later when my Dad announced to our family that we would be traveling to Arkansas to spend a few days with the Duggars! The first night at the Duggar’s home during Bible time, Joshua shared his testimony. I was encouraged to see that there really was a young man out there who was accountable to his parents and was striving to keep his heart pure. As a girl, my parents explained that it was normal to have desires for a relationship, especially when you see a young man that had the qualities you desired in a future life partner. While at the Duggars home, I noticed Joshua had many of the things I desired in a future partner. I began to commit those desires to the Lord, and reaffirmed my commitment to wait on Him to lead through my parents in that area. After all, my sisters & I were friends with the Duggar girls and my brothers were friends with the Duggar boys… that was the way things were supposed to be!

So was that the time Joshua testified that he is struggling to keep his thoughts and his hands out of his sisters' vaginas? Whose thought process then goes: Ooh, he wants to be pure... what a nice young man who exhibits desirable qualities in a future life partner...?

https://web.archive.org/web/20150217210352/http://ja20.com/ourstory/

I am finding Anna faintly disturbing.

Here are some pointers as to what she ought to do, in case Joshua turns out to molest their precious children:

http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2014...-iblp-literature-on-sexual-assault-and-abuse/

LifeMessagesPage33Excerpt.jpg

The answer qualifies, but still emphasizes, the husband’s authority in the family, leaving the wife in the position of first appealing to him to end the abuse. If the abuser doesn’t heed this appeal, perhaps it’s because the wife didn’t have the right attitudes or the proper understanding of the Bible when she asked her husband to stop sexually abusing the children. It’s unstated how the wife would know whether she was successful in her appeal, whether by the husband countering that he intended to continue the abuse or by her discovering that the abuse had been repeated, but she is instructed to then escalate the issue to the level of her and her husband’s respective parents. Hopefully a father who molests his children will have high regard for Old Testament admonitions to listen to his parents.

If the abuse is still not ended, the interpersonal conflict resolution of Matthew 18 is prescribed. This is perhaps a simple process as described in the New Testament, but a complex, arduous, multi-step, possibly months-long process fraught with hazards as described by the Institute’s instructions as published in a previous alumni supplement booklet, and nearly impossible to carry all the way through to Institute standards. It’s unclear whether the wife gets credit for having already carried out the first steps of the process, or should start over. If the Matthew 18 process is completed and fails, then I Corinthians 5:5 is put into play. The abuser is described as engaging in “immorality,” and the example in the cited passage is of an adult man in a sexual relationship with his father’s wife. The reader is then referred to II Corinthians 2:6-8:

6 Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many. 7 So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow. 8 Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him.

If the abuser has resisted, and the wife exhausted, every level of familial and church appeals and rebukes, it’s now acceptable to call the police. Hopefully the children, who are not mentioned after the original question, are still in good shape after their father has been through at least four rounds of discoverably proving, through his words or his actions, that he refuses to stop molesting them. The original question is never explicitly answered, and at no point is it declared acceptable for the wife to separate for the protection of the children.

Absolutely her faiths fault. I cant imagine. So what is she to do "if" she finds one of her children a victim? pray harder? Just bouncing off your post.

Well, sorry but this is still a free country. It doesn't matter what kind of religious marriage you have. You can still go to the courthouse and end it if you want to.

It makes me sad that the younger kids are assigned to an older child. The younger ones need love and attention from their parents.. Not their sibling buddy. The Duggars have robbed their children of their childhoods.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Wonder who Josh was assigned to .......

Oh.. I didn't say he was raised to be compliant, he was just usually somewhat behaved in public (lol). I'm just now hearing about blanket training and thought the extent was just putting them back on the blanket when they got off, more or less redirecting their behavior. My kid is still strong willed and we clash constantly, I was thinking maybe I should have tried blanket training because imho teenagers suck.

my son is 10, the little boy I babysit is 9, if i need a hour to get my house striagted up, I will tell them to go on the screened porch and not to leave the porch or i will take there ipads, talbets, ds. they have never left once lol. I know if they really needed help they would not be afraid to come in the house and get me. they were never lured off the porch just to get in trouble.

I think there is others to make a child behave than the so called "blanket training"

Rick Santorum "Sickened" by Josh Duggar Molestation Allegations

Rebecca Macatee, eonline
Seconds ago

Presidential hopeful Rick Santorum, a longtime Duggar family friend, is breaking his silence on the controversy surrounding one of the 19 Kids and Counting stars.

In an interview with Good Morning America 's George Stephanopoulos that aired Thursday morning, the Christian conservative said he was "sickened" by allegations that Josh Duggar molested underage girls back when he was a young teenager. (Josh, now 27, has acknowledged that 12 years ago he "acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret .")

"I was sickened by it. I was just sickened by it," said Santorum, who had the Duggar family's vocal support during his 2012 presidential bid. "I pray for those girls in particular." ...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/entertainment-eonline/20150528/b660828/

where I grew up, are family was considered large, I had 4 older sister My oldest sister is 15 years older than me. they did do some babysitting so mom could get some stuff done, but i was not raised by them. I grew up in a split foyer house, we never had any guards sitting on the top of the stairs or cornered off so we could not get to it. but now when we go with the grandkids, mom will put one of us on guard or block it off. mom said she never baby proofed the house, we knew what no meant and she never used on blanket. no safety locks, no safety plugs, she never put the knick knacks up. when i started watching the duggars, I would think wow, i guess my mom and dad wasn't that bad, they were strict but not as strict as the duggars.

I was never allowed to go on sleep overs or school field trip unless mom was a chaperone, her thoughts nobody watches other people kids like there own.
but I was allowed to sleep over at one house, she knew them well, well a few years later after i was grown, someone saw the name on the sex offender list and called my mom, my mom sat at that table an cried and cried. she called me and asked, did he ever touch you, you have to tell me, I guess i was lucky and the wrong gender He did not. he was charged after I was grown.

i

when my son started crawling we had wall heaters, so if he went near them i would pat his hand and say HOT, then I only had to say Hot, than after that he would just have to see the wall heater and knows to be careful. I guess in a way that is like their training? I dont know.

when my son started crawling we had wall heaters, so if he went near them i would pat his hand and say HOT, then I only had to say Hot, than after that he would just have to see the wall heater and knows to be careful. I guess in a way that is like their training? I dont know.

You 'trained' your son to keep him safe, the duggars blanket train their children to keep them quiet and out of their hair! Huge difference in my opinion!

Was this it? Where the boy thought he was tempted later by having to change his baby sisters' diapers?

Of course there is a lot of poop going around here. :rolleyes:

http://www.recoveringgrace.org/media/Lessons_From_Moral_Failures_in_a_Family1.pdf

That is exactly it! In reading though I can see it's not the same family but so many nasty parallels I'm sure in how they viewed the "indiscretion".

If you're a Fox News fan: Blink and you missed it.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/05/27/fox-news-devoted-less-than-two-minutes-to-the-d/203778

A cartoon by Mike Luckovich:

z62pOff.jpg

Mike Luckovich, the Atlanta Journal Constitution cartoonist, had a similar idea in a political cartoon published Tuesday that depicted Josh Duggar wearing a phony halo.

“I got a word named after me,” Duggar says, holding up a page that defines his last name as a verb that means “to sexually abuse innocent victims while trumpeting your moral superiority.”

“Hold my Bible while I DUGGAR you,” suggest Luckovich as an example.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/dan...-santorum-clearly-duggary-needs-to-be-a-word/

Perhaps they feel they get a pass because they were the first news agency to report it.

From Gitana1's post upthread:

This makes sense. The idea that Josh or someone on behalf of Josh would sue the Department is beyond ill advised seeing as how he would have had to answer interrogatories and give sworn statements. The Spring Lake investigation records withstood whatever action might have been taken so I find it hard to believe that he either did it or was successful. gitana1, can you weigh in here?

That being said, given all of the influence peddling that seems to be in place here, it is hard to know what might have happened.

I think he petitioned to be free of restrictions or conditions imposed. Those cases are sealed so we will never know the outcome. I tend to think it harder to influence DHS though.

They can. Really out of character, but shows that if a child is afraid or senses danger that they'll likely respond differently than they would to their mother putting them back on the blanket.

As multiple links have shown, blanket training involves physical "prompts" with a flexible ruler, not just putting the child back on the blanket.

My half brother is a child molester, I've heard that after he abused his children, there was some sibling sexual abuse and that there were no charges brought against the kids. I have a 15 & 14 year old and because of my family history, I sometimes wonder what I would do if this happened with my kids. I mean after the initial shock/disgust/anger wears off. It's easy to judge the Duggars when we haven't been in their shoes. Any of you with adolescents... what would you do if you were hit with a situation like this ?

As multiple links have shown, blanket training involves physical "prompts" with a flexible ruler, not just putting the child back on the blanket.

I honestly hadn't read the details at the time I posted that. I thought it was only redirecting their behaviors. Who hits babies ? Or provokes them to do something so they can hit them ? That is twisted.

Wow! Can't quote on this device- but the post about Josh and the suitcase story? That is ACTUALLY from The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom. It was a conversation she had with her father before WWII when she innocently asked him what 'sex sin' was. (She was a child and did not understand the term)

My half brother is a child molester, I've heard that after he abused his children, there was some sibling sexual abuse and that there were no charges brought against the kids. I have a 15 & 14 year old and because of my family history, I sometimes wonder what I would do if this happened with my kids. I mean after the initial shock/disgust/anger wears off. It's easy to judge the Duggars when we haven't been in their shoes. Any of you with adolescents... what would you do if you were hit with a situation like this ?

I don't know what I would do, but I know FOR SURE I wouldn't put my family on national tv and I wouldn't preach about my version of parenting for years on end.

I don't know what I would do, but I know FOR SURE I wouldn't put my family on national tv and I wouldn't preach about my version of parenting for years on end.

.....I'd be speed-dialing the kiddie shrinks! A round of counselling for all concerned MOO....

Having thought about it for a minute and not to trivialize the matter .... it's easy to put the fear into a kid when you point out that stealing from mom's purse is more than uncool but stealing could lead to jail in the big mean world....

consequences....counselling would help hammer that home if a parent would need help....Sexual assault needs to be discussed.

I am guessing the D Family would be paranoid they would ''lose'' their family if the big mean world found out that their son was molesting their daughters.

I am still dumbstruck that they sued the CPS.....
There were multiple victims....so this was not a one time event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard