AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made some bad choices?

so minimizing. Like making a bad choice of a paint color or a dinner item at the restaurant.
And it's all about them. Her first thoughts are about failing as a parent, blah blah blah.

Not her daughters.

Ugh.

They forgive him and we are overreacting.

Will be interesting to see the public reaction to that...

OT , somewhat but if you've been abused by the church, please give this a listen. Sinead was abused by the church and this song means so much to me. So many smiles :)

[video=youtube;wrzSnK794GY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrzSnK794GY[/video]

Failed as parents you say Michelle? Could that have been because once you weaned your babies you palmed them off to a child to raise, so you could get down to the business of making another one?

Josh should have been removed from the house when this happened, I'm sure there is some kind of fundamentalist boarding school he could have been sent to.

Kelly asked the girls whether they consider themselves victims, Jessa Duggar said that what her brother did was "very wrong," but said she wanted to speak up in his defense against people who are calling him a child molester, pedophile or rapist.
"I'm like, that is so overboard and a lie really, I mean people get mad at me for saying that but I can say this because I was one of the victims."

http://www.people.com/article/josh-...-news-video?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

Yep, they are going to minimize it too. :sigh:

Is anyone brave enough to watch the show and give us a play by play?

Kelly asked the girls whether they consider themselves victims, Jessa Duggar said that what her brother did was "very wrong," but said she wanted to speak up in his defense against people who are calling him a child molester, pedophile or rapist.
"I'm like, that is so overboard and a lie really, I mean people get mad at me for saying that but I can say this because I was one of the victims."

http://www.people.com/article/josh-...-news-video?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

Because they are adults now !!!!!!!! Sorry to the victims but the reality is you just said out of your own mouth he molested you as a child, so it's not a lie to call him a CHILD MOLESTER. Is this show already on on the east coast ?

ETA oops sorry, you're quoting People magazine, not the show.

..........anyone want to even TRY to express themselves about the "bolded" without violating the TOS?..........

...cuz.............like I'm REALLY there.......like WTF.

Added: I swore off Faux News years ago.

Ok don't throw tomatoes....

I think its good they are forgiving him, NOT for him but for themselves. Forgiving doesn't mean forgetting or condoning.

They are speaking what they've been taught from a very one-sided and very sheltered view on things. They are mimicking what they've been told God would want.

I have a small amount of hope that she called herself a "victim" that in itself kinda says she recognizes the seriousness of this.

He IS her brother (please see all my previous posts in this thread I am not defending him or his actions one bit).

I hope he has changed he has a little girl and one on the way.

I have no TV so won't watch but will check back here.

2nd thought throw tomatoes I love them:).

I don't know what to say really. We are victim friendly and these are victims but what they are saying is the opposite of what we know to be true about sexual abuse from our vast personal experience and experience on this forum. I'm going to consult a mod as to how we can proceed with out getting into trouble. Because .........I'm speechless.

I too am a fan of Megyn Kelly but after hearing what she had to say about the upcoming interview tonight I'm getting heartburn. My first impression is that Josh is going to be portrayed as a victim whose sealed juvenile court records were leaked to the media. She did point out that the girl victims were revealed by the leak and that is true. I guess it is what I didn't hear that is bothering me the most, ie., the parents and other adults covering up the molestation and that no court held Josh accountable or to intense counseling for sex abusers, or most important to me, counseling for the victims of his sexual abuse. Of course I'm spouting off before I even see the interview but I'm basing my thoughts right now only on the statements made last night by Megyn Kelly. Maybe she will be the journalist I know her to be.

I fully believe Megyn Kelly will feed her fans. She will paint Joshy the Molester in a sympathetic light. IMO, she will have to in order to keep her job at Faux.

I am so sickened.

Have been reading and not commenting much as this case is so nauseous ; and I've never watched the show as I prefer to watch more palatable content.

My opinion is JD should register as a SO for the rest of his life. There are probably thousands, if not millions, of adults who were abused as children and are still suffering the effects of said abuse.
There was a Dateline (I think?) program about the sexual abuse suffered by the children in the FLDS (Warren Jeff's sect); and the young man with the courage to take Jeffs to court , said the trauma lasts a lifetime.

These Duggar victims (sisters and maybe brothers as well) , would be wise to run (not walk) from those parents and whatever church they adhere to.

As far as JimBob and Michelle, if having that many children is your wish -- fine ; but it's WRONG to make the older children raise the younger ones. Yes, the older kids can help out with some cleaning or cooking chores--but not raise babies when they are still growing up themselves.

End of rant.

:moo:

I don't know what to say really. We are victim friendly and these are victims but what they are saying is the opposite of what we know to be true about sexual abuse from our vast personal experience and experience on this forum. I'm going to consult a mod as to how we can proceed with out getting into trouble. Because .........I'm speechless.

I think that all victims have the right to their feelings and emotions and it may not be what people think it should be.
I know victims who have had all kinds of reactions. From anger to becoming stronger and refusing to be a victim.

I don't think anyone should ever question what a victim feels their experience.

Michelle Duggar on Josh's Molestation Allegations: ''As Parents We Felt Like Failures''—Watch!

Bruna Nessif, eonline
Seconds ago

It'll be just a few hours until Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar 's interview with Fox News about their son Josh 's molestation allegations is aired for the world to see—but for now, we've got a little sneak peek.

The network has released a 30-second teaser ahead of tonight's highly anticipated sit-down with Megyn Kelly which shows the 19 Kids & Counting matriarch admit that she and her husband "felt like failures" after hearing what had happened with their son.

"There was so much grief in our hearts. I think as parents we felt like failures," she told Kelly. "Here we tried to raise our kids to do what's right, to know what's right. And yet, one of our children made some really bad choices and I think, as a parent, we were just devastated." ...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/entertainment-eonline/20150603/b662950/

For the record, DH and I had a lovely dinner-date night and will not be watching the Fox non-interrogation of the Duggar parents. Even though our Red Wings didn't make it to the the Stanley Cup Finals, we'd rather watch the hockey game than Duggar drivel. Enjoy!

Does anyone remember "The Stepford Wives"? These girls have been programmed all of their lives that a male, especially the first born son, is to be put upon a pedestal and it's all about him and what he wants. He is protected by all. Those girls didn't have a choice to "not forgive him". He molested some of the youngest girls. Not girls nearer to his own age. These girls were most likely told to forgive him and to take on the blame for his weakness. :gaah: JMO

This is so sad, I think this is where faith fails it's followers, it is healthy to forgive, that does not mean you need to minimise the sin, or even ever allow yourself to be around that person again, nor does it mean that that person is now someone you can trust, forgiveness should not be about making yourself, or others (like children), more vulnerable to further abuse.

All the 'I am not worthy' and 'turn the other cheek' teachings in faith are not healthy, it's such a complete shame to me that religion hasn't evolved as our understanding of humanity has, it sets up some followers as perfect victims, I'm sure the original ideas on being of a forgiving nature, were more about not carrying bitterness around, and therefore living closer to god, as in living with a feeling of personal wholeness and lightness of heart so that you were not inflicting your own hurts onto others etc.

.. and I say all that as a card carrying atheist. I think some people benefit from religion, however, in general it could do a much better job if it progressed a little (or a lot).

When your parents and supposed protectors are oblivious at best, and cruelly and criminally negligent at worst, you probably do not behave like a "normal" victim of sexual assault who has the luxury of parental support, counseling, and not watching your rapist be cosseted, praised and absolved of guilt.

In addition, I would imagine the girls were actually made to shoulder the blame for what this disgusting blubbery pervert did to them.

Shame on Josh, shame on the creepy Duggar breeders, and God please let these poor girls, now women, heal. I hope they can, given the crap nothing support they were given.

I despise MD and JBD. And JD. Pigs. All of them.

I think that all victims have the right to their feelings and emotions and it may not be what people think it should be.
I know victims who have had all kinds of reactions. From anger to becoming stronger and refusing to be a victim.

I don't think anyone should ever question what a victim feels their experience.

Thank you Scarlett and you opened my eyes. The true fault here lies with Josh and the parents in how they treated the children before and after these events and however the victims feel about it is their right to feel. They were all victimized by this outrageous upbringing. tks again :)

Because they are adults now !!!!!!!! Sorry to the victims but the reality is you just said out of your own mouth he molested you as a child, so it's not a lie to call him a CHILD MOLESTER. Is this show already on on the east coast ?

ETA oops sorry, you're quoting People magazine, not the show.

It's 8:58pm now, so in two minutes it will be on here on the East coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74