AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessa said what her brother did was "very wrong" but added, "I do want to speak up in his defense against people who are calling him a child molester or a pedophile or a rapist, some people are saying. I'm like that is so overboard and a lie really, I mean people get mad at me for saying that but I can say this because I was one of the victims."

“They don’t have a right to do this. We’re victims. They can’t do this to us,” an emotional Jill, 24, told Kelly of the widespread media attention after the claims were made public.

“The system that has set up to protect kids – both those who make stupid mistakes or have problems like this in their life – and the ones that are affected by those choices, it’s just … it’s greatly failed,” 22-year-old Jessa said.

http://www.etonline.com/news/165626_jessa_and_jill_duggar_speak_out_we_re/

http://www.people.com/article/jill-...estation-brother-josh-fox-news-we-are-victims

Thanks -- I saw that in the published articles, just wasn't sure if it was the same thing she was saying during the interview. I don't know why they didn't use captioning while she spoke....I've seen it done for people whose words were much easier to understand (I understand that she was upset, and her words were spoken though extreme emotion.)

What I saw is parents who did what they thought was best to protect all their children.

His age, his acts, all play into this for me and I don't see a child predator. I see a kid curious about sexual things and probably with no real outlet to discuss or act on it in an appropriate way he explored in the wrong way.
I don't see a rapist or a criminal. I see a boy who made mistakes and owned up to them and did everything he was supposed to do. He went to his parents who got everyone counseling, who sent him to a place to help him see the problem and fix it AND they went to the police.

In my opinion, his continuing to do this after satisfying his curiosity is criminal. I get the "wanting to see what they have that he doesn't" although MOST boys turn to National Geographic or *advertiser censored* for that. His parents should have given him age-appropriate sex education, meaning an understanding of the differences between boy bodies and girl bodies BEFORE he was 14, but if they had done this after his first "confession" I'd agree that they did not anticipate this, and dealt with it appropriately to prevent further incidents. He kept on molesting, therefore he did NOT do everything he was supposed to do, assuming his parents told him to STOP!

Thanks -- I saw that in the published articles, just wasn't sure if it was the same thing she was saying during the interview. I don't know why they didn't use captioning while she spoke....I've seen it done for people whose words were much easier to understand (I understand that she was upset, and her words were spoken though extreme emotion.)

The girls (Jessa and Jill) want this to all go away and are sticking to the party line. What choice do they have? They're not just past victims of sexual abuse, they're ongoing victims of emotional and spiritual abuse.

Let's see., in their family they have to side hug, can't wear immodest clothing. What else?

But for some reason he did not know it was not ok to,touch the naughty bits?

Here is a definition of mistake.

Full Definition of MISTAKE

: a wrong judgment : misunderstanding
: a wrong action or statement proceeding from faulty judgment, inadequate knowledge, or inattention

OT:
The man who molested my daughter from the age of 8 to 10 is up for parole on July 30th. Please check out our story in the C.A.P.E.R. forum and on my website, and consider writing a letter to the parole board. He was convicted in 2008 and we successfully blocked his first attempt at early release, but that was due in large part to Websleuths members who took the time to write their stories of being victimized, or working with molesters and/or victims, and sending them to the parole board. I'd appreciate any support we can get from all of you reading this. Letters can be faxed, emailed, or sent via mail. Please take a few minutes to write your thoughts about releasing this dangerous predator back into society!

Thank you!

This is seriously awful. And to think that these parents were probably coached and are certainly choosing their words carefully since it is national tv AND THIS IS STILL THE SH** they say?

I feel so very sorry for the victims in this case.

I have to stop at that because I'm so angry with J&M right now.

Right there with you.

I'm struck by the fact that the only two times Michelle cried were when she talked about sending josh away and then about how the police victimized her daughters. That is seriously messed up.

I wonder if these people will ever sit down and shut up.

Will the media ever stop giving them a platform to speak?

I am a strong supporter of education and it is very harmful to the cause when people are given a platform to speak and spread false, misleading, ignorant information. The Duggars have had many years to educate themselves. They could have learned from this and taken what they learned to advocate for prevention, instead of the ridiculous things that they have said and done over all these years.

Here are some statistics. I believe the statistics are much higher than this, because there is so much cover-up and many victims choose not to come forward because they feel shame and embarrassment. It is also a very painful process to discuss and relive the abuse. Some victims choose to talk about it and others don't. That is their choice. More people than ever are speaking out now and telling their stories, because of educational efforts that bring awareness to these horrible crimes that have been committed and covered up for years.
Through these efforts of advocates walls are beginning to be broke down that have protected the abusers.

https://www.rainn.org/statistics

https://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/sexual-assault-victims

1 out of every 6 American women has been the victim of an attempted or completed rape in her lifetime (14.8% completed rape; 2.8% attempted rape).1

93% of juvenile sexual assault victims know their attacker.6

34.2% of attackers were family members.
58.7% were acquaintances.
Only 7% of the perpetrators were strangers to the victim.

Sexual assault is a public health issue.

http://www.publichealth.org/resources/sexual-abuse/

An American is sexually assaulted every two minutes, totaling an average of nearly 238,000 individuals over 12 years of age each year, according to the U.S. Department of Justice. And the Crimes Against Children Research Center estimates that one in five girls and one in twenty boys will be a victim of sexual abuse in their lifetimes. These assaults leave behind a lifetime of psychological damage. That is why health professionals need all the help they can get to address the consequences of sexual abuse.

This isn't a "witch" hunt on the Duggars. It is a opportunity to further educate the public on what NOT to do.

Parent Duggars define term "odious"; Josh, "excrescence."

The girls (Jessa and Jill) want this to all go away and are sticking to the party line. What choice do they have? They're not just past victims of sexual abuse, they're ongoing victims of emotional and spiritual abuse.

Yes! This. They are a part of a dysfunctional system. In so many families like this, the victims will defend the perpetrator all the way. I have experienced this first hand, where the person who is abusive in the family becomes the center and everyone rallies around them. It's very common in Christian dysfunctional families where forgiveness and grace is used to deflect accountability. The family enables the abuser.

And it is sooo common in abuse situations to think that "it's not that bad"--there's always some story out there that is worse and is "really" abuse. You see this in even in some of the most extreme cases.

I do agree that part of the problem is how we frame sexual abusers as "monsters" or "perverts" or someone "other." I heard a show on NPR yesterday where they were talking about the need to talk more honestly about sexual abuse. Teachers and coaches who are otherwise "good people" can offend. Older brothers can offend. It happens and doesn't necessarily mean they are the same exact thing as the worst case pedophile. When we frame things in the most extreme way, well then the victims who KNOW their bother is not all evil, have a hard time calling it "sexual abuse." And feel very reluctant to bring it forward.

I didn't realize how naive I was until I started reading about how many people were abused, sexually, physically, mentally while growing up. I didn't know anything until now about blanket training, Gothard, any of the things that has been discussed on here. One thing that stuck out to me was when MD mentioned that the boys and girls don't play together alone. Say, a brother and sister can't play hide and seek together. I have no siblings, and just thought all brothers and sisters play together and why would you fear such a thing happening? And safeguards at night to prevent Josh from molesting. What safeguards, lights and alarms going off when he touches one of the girl's beds? And somebody brought up the makeup on MD, my husband asked me a couple of times why her face was so red, at least that lightened up the moment for awhile. And that awful clip at the golf course, OMG. If my dad and mom carried on like that in front of me like that whether I was alone or with a boyfriend, I would have died right there. And this is what I don't get, the word sex was never mentioned in our house, I don't think that word even existed. But the Duggars who are so uptight about sex and the purity of their kids, why do they carry on like two wild and crazy teen lovers and in public like that. I have never seen anything like that before with parents in front of their kids.

I'm confused. Did Josh also rape the girls? I haven't seen the police report.

I didn't realize how naive I was until I started reading about how many people were abused, sexually, physically, mentally while growing up. I didn't know anything until now about blanket training, Gothard, any of the things that has been discussed on here. One thing that stuck out to me was when MD mentioned that the boys and girls don't play together alone. Say, a brother and sister can't play hide and seek together. I have no siblings, and just thought all brothers and sisters play together and why would you fear such a thing happening? And safeguards at night to prevent Josh from molesting. What safeguards, lights and alarms going off when he touches one of the girl's beds? And somebody brought up the makeup on MD, my husband asked me a couple of times why her face was so red, at least that lightened up the moment for awhile. And that awful clip at the golf course, OMG. If my dad and mom carried on like that in front of me like that whether I was alone or with a boyfriend, I would have died right there. And this is what I don't get, the word sex was never mentioned in our house, I don't think that word even existed. But the Duggars who are so uptight about sex and the purity of their kids, why do they carry on like two wild and crazy teen lovers and in public like that. I have never seen anything like that before with parents in front of their kids.

The obsession with sex in that family is bizarre. Everything focuses around sex.Why?

He touched his sisters repeatedly (as well as a babysitter), one as young as age 5 when he was 15 years old, specifically, as well as other incidents, when she was sitting on his lap and reading her a story. He touched their breasts and vagina over their clothes and under their clothes in bed while they slept at night and he cornered them in the laundry room, supposedly propping one up on the washing machine while he abused her.

There was nothing "in-depth" in the reports that said he penetrated them with his fingers (or his pee-pee holder), so we can just go by what they told the police. I'm sure the girls were coached before they sat down and spoke wtih the police (EVERY child mentioned "spelling" as their favorite subject and "math" as their least favorite).

Felt like failures? With a good reason. Maybe they shouldn't have gone on TV and pretended to be a perfect family.

Agreed. It is just that simple really-they put all of their children in a terrible position. Post Oprah cancellation they knew that the info was out because it was why she cancelled the show from airing. They moved forward anyway. They werent protecting their family at the expense of the almighty dollar, that is for sure.

They didnt have to sacrifice anyone, but they chose to make themselves public personalities and roll the dice. They could have dealt with this privately and eventually within the criminal court system, but instead they covered it up and held themselves up as examples. JB and M made these choices and the consequences here are on them, straight down the line.

The obsession with sex in that family is bizarre. Everything focuses around sex.Why?

And in my family nothing focused around sex. It seems like the parents are taunting the older ones with their ability to have sex, and they aren't able to until they are married. And when I think back, none of my friends parents showed affection, it seemed like everyone was together because it was the thing to do. Get married, have kids, and die. And now on Friday, another hour, this time with the two girls, wonder if the parents will be in on this as well?

I think they are giving the interview they SHOULD have given in 2006. At that time, it might have been appropriate to speak on behalf of their (then) minor son. I think this has escaped them and they think they can do now what they should have done then.

Josh wasnt a minor in 2006. He was an adult at the time of the investigation and they should have made him available to cooperate. He chose not to appear and remember multiple defense attorneys refused to take his case prior to his questioning. He couldnt be compelled because the statute of limitations had run out on his crimes, so it was kicked to Child Services and the Washington County Sheriff's office.

There are two reports, one from the Springdale Police Department and another report from the Washington County Sheriff's office.

Don't knowi f I can link but you can find it here:

Springdale Police Offense Report: http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26063
Washington County Sherriff's Incident Report: http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26237

it ends saying that Josh would cooperate and both Jim Bob and Michelle would bring him in for questioning.

The Duggars supposedly tried to hire lawyers and two they contacted would NOT take the case.

They then refused to bring Josh in for questioning. To this day, he has NOT BEEN QUESTIONED (although he did admit to everything).

He touched his sisters repeatedly (as well as a babysitter), one as young as age 5 when he was 15 years old, specifically, as well as other incidents, when she was sitting on his lap and reading her a story. He touched their breasts and vagina over their clothes and under their clothes in bed while they slept at night and he cornered them in the laundry room, supposedly propping one up on the washing machine while he abused her.

There was nothing "in-depth" in the reports that said he penetrated them with his fingers (or his pee-pee holder), so we can just go by what they told the police. I'm sure the girls were coached before they sat down and spoke wtih the police (EVERY child mentioned "spelling" as their favorite subject and "math" as their least favorite).

"... and I live with my mom and dad and brothers and sisters, six cats and a dog named Jazmine"

Not one of the kids said "we have a cat named Scooter who had kittens so now we have SIX CATS!"

"...and I like to read and to play broomball with my family"

Nobody varied from the script in the slightest.

This makes me wonder if they were all coached and told to say nothing had happened since Josh got back from the "family friend... uh, licensed therapist... erm, remodeler"

You are going on what the media said and not the facts. They went into the state police and that man was someone jimbob knew but they went in and made Josh confess at the time he got back from treatment. WELL WITHIN the statute of limitations. That trooper was a mandatory reporter and HE dropped the ball.

They tried to help their son in the way they knew how. Would you throw your 14yr old son away right away? Would you just hand him off to police without trying to help him first yourself? I wouldn't.

I don't care if people don't like what I think about it. Show me somewhere where he continued to offend and I am there with you to call for his arrest and prosecution. But I won't go back with hindsight and try and say what I would do because no one does in this circumstance. People always know best what others would do until it happens to you.

(modsnip)

Show me something that happened when he was 16 17 18 OR NOW. Other than that, this is a dead issue to me.

I support your view on this. It's not the same as my view but I can totally see both sides. I agree that until we are in this exact situation, there is no way to know how we might respond. I do feel the odds of Josh being a danger as an adult are high, however. I respect your very compassionate side, Scarlett . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yigerendelu032