GUILTY AR - Minor, 17, Kidnapped, RANSOM DEMAND, Hot Springs, 18 Apr 2022 *2 Arrests*

As this was all unfolding, I had some serious doubts about this being a legitimate kidnapping. Reports of "alleged kidnapping," and "vehicle of interest" in quotes on msm, the way the ransom was asked for, the young woman asking for directions, it was all just very strange.

I wish it HAD been a hoax or some bizarre misunderstanding than what really seems to have happened here. And what's most awful is that she was actually trying to HELP someone. There's something exceptionally EVIL about preying on someone whom you plan to elicit some form of help or assistance from vs just preying on them without the charade of pretending to be helpless to a kind stranger first.

There has been numerous predators preying on young women and men using another victim or brainwashed teenager to lure their victims.

If only the woman's family who was hanging with this old man would have reported the red flags of a older man preying on teenagers.

IMO a 40 year old man only has one thing in mind when he tries to hang out with 19 year olds. Its a red flag. I cant in my heart defend predation.

thats just my opinion. We see it end tragically here alot unfortunately.
In my opinion the idea that any adult is not responsible for their own decisions is dangerous. The implication that 40 year old men are more likely to be actual sexual predators on the other hand is factually incorrect regardless of your subjective definition of the term or perception of what the cases on this forum indicate.

Age-Distribution-of-Sexual-Offenders.png

https://www.researchgate.net/public...Age_Follow-Up_Data_From_4673_Sexual_Offenders

In my opinion the idea that any adult is not responsible for their own decisions is dangerous. The implication that 40 year old men are more likely to be actual sexual predators on the other hand is factually incorrect regardless of your subjective definition of the term or perception of what the cases on this forum indicate.

View attachment 340718

https://www.researchgate.net/public...Age_Follow-Up_Data_From_4673_Sexual_Offenders

None of this relates to older men preying on younger women. That just touches on age overall.

IMO an older man exclusively going for young girls is pretty gross and a red flag.

I fully expect to hear more charges from what they find on his computer.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
"Everyone is aware we had a kidnapping [Monday]," [Police Chief] Chapmond said. "I'd like to commend my staff and our partnering agencies that worked with us to solve that. Within 20 hours, we were able to relocate the victim, secure her safely, return her back to her parents and then make the arrest of the two individuals."

"I'm not allowed to release the details of that, but it was a very heinous crime," he said.
Bolling and Ferrer were arrested at a condo where they had been staying at 4810 Central Ave. At the time of his arrest, Bolling listed the condo as his address while Ferrer listed an Atoka, Tenn., address. A news release from Hot Springs police issued Wednesday listed Bolling's address as Nashville and Ferrer's as Memphis.
A gag order was issued in the case limiting pretrial publicity. Charges against Bolling and Ferrer are being filed under seal, so the affidavits in the cases were not available.
[Prosecuting Attorney] Lawrence said the victim "was just trying to be a good Samaritan" to a young woman who was apparently lost.

"She didn't do anything wrong," she said. "She was just being a nice person and trying to help her."
2 from Tennessee arrested, charged with kidnapping in abduction of Hot Springs 17-year-old
My bolding.
While we may not hear anything more until trial it does appear that the minor victim was exactly that - a victim - who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

While I completely understand this as an attorney, as a citizen, I wish I could learn more before the trial. I feel like there will be a plea deal anyway and we'll never know the facts.

There has been numerous predators preying on young women and men using another victim or brainwashed teenager to lure their victims.

If only the woman's family who was hanging with this old man would have reported the red flags of a older man preying on teenagers.

We don't know if the suspects become a "couple" (or whatever they are) before the female suspect turned 18.

Now the female suspect is 19 and in my eyes, based on the horrible crime she allegedly participated in, isn't a victim.
(When does a victim stop being a victim is an important question, though. I won't pretend that's crystal clear.)

Dayla Diane Ferrer, 20, of Memphis, appeared before Judge Susan O. Hickey and entered a plea of guilty to one count of kidnapping, punishable by up to life in prison, while an additional felony count of conspiracy to commit kidnapping, also punishable by up to life, was withdrawn as part of her plea agreement.

Her alleged accomplice, Samuel Wayne Bolling Jr., 38, of Nashville, Tenn., is still set to stand trial on the kidnapping and conspiracy charges on Nov. 29 in federal court as of Wednesday.

Samuel Wayne Bolling Jr., 38, of Nashville, Tenn., appeared before Judge Susan O. Hickey and entered his pleas of guilty to both counts, each punishable by a minimum of 20 years up to life in prison, a fine up to $250,000 or both.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back