Identified! AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #1 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me just rant a bit about this case!:furious: I spent 3 different days(I need to see an eye dr. now) at Bailey Library at Hendrix College looking at our state newspapers dated from July 1991 to July 1992, there was only one, yes I said, ONE, article about this case and the article was about unsolved mysteries in Union County,AR (dated 01-05-1992) and it's just a tidbit about how McAlphin(29yo at the time) turned himself in and the El Dorado PD were trying to figure out her identity! Nothing reported about McAlphins trial, no photos, nada!:confused: The article did say that Janes neck was broken and her body covered in bruises, but the gunshot to her head is what killed her... McAlphin disabled her by breaking her neck!!!! That is evil personified!!! Now it's a possibility that there's a local newspaper (El Dorado Times) that printed plenty of reports, but, they do not have their archives online yet, so I am stumped in regards to newspaper reports! What really upsets me about all of the non-reporting is, had there been a thorough investigative report out there, McAlphin probably wouldn't have been paroled as early as he was, if I was his next victims family, I would be raising a big stink about that, no warning to the public about his "issues" and maybe,just maybe it would have brought some folks out that could/would ID this Jane.......
But I will say this; I will not stop trying to find out who she is......
Still haven't heard anything about Kimberly Kahler or from the journalists.....
Waiting is the hardest part........

Yeah crazy huh? I would still like to find a picture of him, at least we could see him comming, since I'm sure he will leave prison quietly next year for his second serious offense, my bet is....once a murderer, always......you know the rest!

Yeah crazy huh? I would still like to find a picture of him, at least we could see him comming, since I'm sure he will leave prison quietly next year for his second serious offense, my bet is....once a murderer, always......you know the rest!

This makes me sooooooooo ANGRY :furious::furious::furious:! He beat the sh** out of this girl, broke her neck and shot her in the head. And all of this, IIRC, in broad daylight and with witnesses. Someone please tell me how he's getting out of prison EVER! I just don't understand it. If SHE had done that to HIM, she would never see the light of day again.

And on top of all of this, she is without a name. I know life isn't fair, but this really is too much. Something is terribly wrong with our justice system.

This makes me sooooooooo ANGRY :furious::furious::furious:! He beat the sh** out of this girl, broke her neck and shot her in the head. And all of this, IIRC, in broad daylight and with witnesses. Someone please tell me how he's getting out of prison EVER! I just don't understand it. If SHE had done that to HIM, she would never see the light of day again.

And on top of all of this, she is without a name. I know life isn't fair, but this really is too much. Something is terribly wrong with our justice system.

it couldnt be more wrong!!!, The justice system bites! I was arrested in 2004
when I confronted the person that broke in my house, he previously opened my fence and stole my dog (I still cry almost every day) I told him if he comes near my house again I would kill him-the officer they sent heard me so I was charged with terrostic theratning I spent 2500 to get out of jail 7000 on an attorney and got one year probation 80 hours comm service, and the scum got nothing , they couldnt prove he had my dog -and didnt take anything from the house(because I stopped him) in court as we walked out he said he killed my dog, believe me ,I thought about that every hour of community service and every time I had to pay on the fine (2500.00) I do believe in karma eventually they will get it!!!!!:banghead:

I have lurked for a long time, and I have read the whole thread. I am very intrigued by this case, and horrified for that poor girl. It's such a waste.

Do we know if the article about this girl was ever published in the Virginia Beach weekly newspaper? That seems like the best bet. I hate to be cynical, but I sincerely doubt she's listed as missing anywhere. If there were listings for her, she'd be easy to find - for one thing, she was very tall, which really helps to narrow down the field of missing girls. Also, her line of work makes me think that she wasn't one of the countless missing under suspicious circumstances. I'm not saying that it's impossible that she was kidnapped and forced into prostitution, I'm just saying it's highly unlikely. Apparently she was also working at a strip club in Dallas, and it's hard to force someone into topless modeling.

It seems that the best bet would be to try to find people she hung out with in Virginia Beach, Shreveport, and Dallas, and find out what they know about her. She may have let family names slip or the name of a high school she attended, or something else that could lead to where she grew up.

I have lurked for a long time, and I have read the whole thread. I am very intrigued by this case, and horrified for that poor girl. It's such a waste.

Do we know if the article about this girl was ever published in the Virginia Beach weekly newspaper? That seems like the best bet. I hate to be cynical, but I sincerely doubt she's listed as missing anywhere. If there were listings for her, she'd be easy to find - for one thing, she was very tall, which really helps to narrow down the field of missing girls. Also, her line of work makes me think that she wasn't one of the countless missing under suspicious circumstances. I'm not saying that it's impossible that she was kidnapped and forced into prostitution, I'm just saying it's highly unlikely. Apparently she was also working at a strip club in Dallas, and it's hard to force someone into topless modeling.

It seems that the best bet would be to try to find people she hung out with in Virginia Beach, Shreveport, and Dallas, and find out what they know about her. She may have let family names slip or the name of a high school she attended, or something else that could lead to where she grew up.

:Welcome-12-june: stellameredith - glad to have you here! Great observations and I agree with you that we won't find her on the missing persons boards. Based on what we do know about the lifestyle she was living, it seems doubtful that she would have been truthful about her name or past with anyone or that her "friends" would be the kind of folks clamoring to speak to LE. For one so young, she seems to have been around the block. My gut tells me she was on the streets for a long time and did whatever she had to do to survive. This would also explain why her murder probably wasn't widely publicized.

I sure hate to keep :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead - but I still believe our best chance to ID her lies with the Stroud family whose bible was found in her possessions. Maybe they were a foster family that was hesitant in admitting this girl took off on their watch and just wanted the whole thing to go away??? She had their family bible FGS! There has to be some kind of deeper connection. IMO!!!

Some details are a little off, but, I think they look very similar.

Attachments

• Microsoft Word - comparison.pdf
    20 KB · Views: 132
I think Michelle Mulcahy is the best candidate here, because of the matching scars and striking resemblance, in addition to other match-ups (height, hair/eye color, etc).

Does anyone know if that match has been submitted?

Hi All -

I have been away with work and other responsibilities taking all my time...I originally suggested Michelle Mulcahy as a pssible match, but I did not have the opportunity to follow up...my time is so limited by my other responsibilities right now, so it would be great if someone else wants to check in with LE re: Michelle as a match...

Glad to see that Syttende thinks Michelle might be a possibility, too!!

Hope to be more of a contributor soon!!

:Welcome-12-june: stellameredith - glad to have you here! Great observations and I agree with you that we won't find her on the missing persons boards. Based on what we do know about the lifestyle she was living, it seems doubtful that she would have been truthful about her name or past with anyone or that her "friends" would be the kind of folks clamoring to speak to LE. For one so young, she seems to have been around the block. My gut tells me she was on the streets for a long time and did whatever she had to do to survive. This would also explain why her murder probably wasn't widely publicized.

I sure hate to keep :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead - but I still believe our best chance to ID her lies with the Stroud family whose bible was found in her possessions. Maybe they were a foster family that was hesitant in admitting this girl took off on their watch and just wanted the whole thing to go away??? She had their family bible FGS! There has to be some kind of deeper connection. IMO!!!

I thought about that also and wondered if they found the family why couldn't they find out any more about her foster situation. Then is struck me that perhaps one of the Stroud boys could have been her pimp while in Dallas who took her to the home to stay on occasion. In that case the family wouldn't have known much about her and definitely wouldn't have gave up their son as a pimp. MOO

OK heres some Dallas County info on Cheryl Ann Wick which is one of the aliases the UID used...

Arrested for prostitution 12/31/1990. Shows date of birth to be 11/13/1970 which would put her at 20 years old when they found her body.

J U D I C I A L I N F O R M A T I O N

A010-020-030-040 FILE DATE 123190
DEF NAME WICK_CHERYL_ANN____________________ RACE W SEX F DOB 11131970 AGE 38
DEF ADR1 4300_HARRYHINES_APT_27_____________ AC ___ PH _______ SS ***********************
DEF CITY DALLAS______________ ST TX ZIP _____ DLNUM ************** DLST __

Arrested for public lewdness 2/8/1991 lists same DOB.

J U D I C I A L I N F O R M A T I O N

A010-020-030-040 FILE DATE 020891
DEF NAME WICK_CHERYL_ANN____________________ RACE W SEX F DOB 11131970 AGE 38
DEF ADR1 3211_FOREST_LN_#66_________________ AC ___ PH _______ SS ***********************
DEF CITY GARLAND_____________ ST TX ZIP _____ DLNUM ************** DLST __
OFF PUB_LEWD____________________ DT 020491 TYP/CL M A GOC/CAT _ _ CODE OC000000

I believe this UID is either Michelle Mulcahy which has already been mentioned in this thread : http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/366dffl.html

From UID's Description:
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair at the time of her death; however, it had been previously dyed blonde, as the photos above attest. She had blue eyes. She had a small birthmark or scar beneath her left breast; she also had freckles. 3 piercings in right ear and approximately 2 in left ear.

From Michelle Mulcahy's description:
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Mulcahy has a small scar under her left breast.

I didn't read the full thread, but if Mulcahy has been thrown out there, and ruled out, please forgive me. This just stood out to me. Also, if you look at the pics, the left (looking at the pics) nostril on the nose kinda flares on both the UID and Michelle. The pics look a lot alike to me for some reason.

From UID's Description:
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair at the time of her death; however, it had been previously dyed blonde, as the photos above attest. She had blue eyes. She had a small birthmark or scar beneath her left breast; she also had freckles. 3 piercings in right ear and approximately 2 in left ear.

From Michelle Mulcahy's description:
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Mulcahy has a small scar under her left breast.

I didn't read the full thread, but if Mulcahy has been thrown out there, and ruled out, please forgive me. This just stood out to me. Also, if you look at the pics, the left (looking at the pics) nostril on the nose kinda flares on both the UID and Michelle. The pics look a lot alike to me for some reason.

Hi LaWanda!!! There are definitely a LOT of similarities here, but I just don't see much of a resemblance in their faces. Maybe one of our more talented sleuthers could do a side-by-side for us? I've tried many times and failed!

Hey, TexasLil, here's a side by side. the 2nd one is Rebecca Beard and the last one is Michelle.
The preview is not showing my attachment....I'll keep trying..
sillygilly

OK here it is...

Attachments

• Microsoft Word - comparison2.pdf
    24.1 KB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors