AR AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #2 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there is any chance that El Dorado JD could be the same woman who disappeared out of Santa Fe in 1984 using the alias Tamara Britton? She was described as a "pretty blond" who had only lived there 6 months and was using for ID the name of a baby who had died in Wisconsin. [Source article: 'Woman who disappeared left many mysteries behind' -The Santa Fe New Mexican, 03 April 1989]

Is there a picture in the article?

I wonder if there is any chance that El Dorado JD could be the same woman who disappeared out of Santa Fe in 1984 using the alias Tamara Britton? She was described as a "pretty blond" who had only lived there 6 months and was using for ID the name of a baby who had died in Wisconsin. [Source article: 'Woman who disappeared left many mysteries behind' -The Santa Fe New Mexican, 03 April 1989]

Interesting. This is the only thing I can find on Tamara Britton: https://www.abqjournal.com/793377/dna-could-be-key-to-santa-fe-cold-cases.html

From that article:
Tamara Britton, 24 when she was reported missing on Aug. 8, 1984. She was a sales person at West Coast Sound, located on Cerrillos at the time of her disappearance, and simply disappeared. Interestingly, she was a former roommate of Teal Pittington, who went missing a week later.

Teal Pittington was later found murdered. There is no mention in the 2016 article that the name Tamara was an alias. It sounds like police think the cases could be related-- both victims of the same perp? I can't find any missing profiles for Tamara Britton though and no pictures of her.

I dug a little more and found a Newpapers.com article from 1990 on this. Here is a quote from the ORC text:

Teal Pittington, 18, and 'Tamara Britton," 24: A mysterious woman using the assumed name of Tammy or Tamara Britton disappeared from Santa Fe Aug. 6, 1984. Britton had lived with a man who also had lived with Pittington, a beauty-college student who also disappeared. Pittington's body was found in a culvert near Lamy in May 1985. She had been strangled with her bra strap. The boyfriend of the women took polygraph tests and was cleared of wrongdoing in both cases, authorities said. Police think Britton might have disappeared on her. own accord. A woman using Britton's name applied for a Social Security card in Minnesota in 1985, but local police were never able to verify whether it was the woman" who had disappeared from Santa Fe

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/211441122/

No mention of Wisconsin but the mention of Minnesota is super interesting considering we know one of El Dorado's stolen identities was from Minnesota. :thinking:

Still searching, I found this from 1985:
One of the most puzzling missing person cases for Santa Fe police unfolded last year. In August 1984, two young women who police say were friends disappeared within nine days of each other. The body of Teal Pittington, an 18-year-old student at yogue College School of Hair Design, was finally discovered in June near Lamy. Police don't know what happened to her. And little information has been turned up on the other women, who went by the name of Tamara Britton. She was 24 when she disappeared after making a bank deposit for her employer, West Coast Sound Systems. Police later discovered the name was false after the Wisconsin man she listed on a car loan application as her father said his daughter, Tamara Britton, died when she was 4 months old. Two months ago a woman using that name applied for a new Social Security card in Minnesota, said Ulibarri. Police have no address on that woman, though, and no money to go to Minnesota and investigate further. "That's a good example," said Ulibarri of his department's limitations. "We can't just fly up there and check it out."
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/214923882/

Very interesting....

Thanks so much for the information. That definitely makes sense. My question in the end is "can we safely assume that Emma Vaughn has been conclusively ruled out as being EDJD", and from what I'm gathering that must be the case as both subjects have complete profiles in namus.

I submitted Emma several years ago and at that time, her DNA was not on file.

I dug a little more and found a Newpapers.com article from 1990 on this. Here is a quote from the ORC text:

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/211441122/

No mention of Wisconsin but the mention of Minnesota is super interesting considering we know one of El Dorado's stolen identities was from Minnesota. :thinking:

Still searching, I found this from 1985:

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/214923882/

Very interesting....

Ok this is super interesting. It feels like Tamara (or the woman using baby Tamara’s identity anyway) needs a thread all of her own maybe. She could definitely be an option for edjd.

McAlpin did say in those letters that if you figured out who she was you’d solve a few other cold cases too. Maybe Teal/Britton could be what he meant. Long shot but it kinda makes sense.

Ok this is super interesting. It feels like Tamara (or the woman using baby Tamara’s identity anyway) needs a thread all of her own maybe. She could definitely be an option for edjd.

The Santa Fe newspaper ran an article in August of 1984 saying that police believed Tamara Britton may have been the mother of an infant found mangled in a trash truck July 31 1984. Whether or not she is EDJD, this person calling herself Tamara seems to have an interesting story...

https://www.newspapers.com/image/212522593/?terms=tamara+britton

I can't remember, did EDJD have any tattoos?

Wow crazy! Too bad there's no photos of Tamara. I've always wondered if EDJD had been arrested for bank robberies and other crimes why I can't seem to find any news articles or reports of it. Did they not publish things like that to the public back then, or has it probably just been lost to time? I do wonder what other crimes EDJD was involved in. I've always wondered how did she get these IDs with fake names and addresses on them? It was hard enough for me to get my proper ID updated when I moved states! Did she have to get a SS card with Cheryl's name on it?

I submitted Emma several years ago and at that time, her DNA was not on file.

According to namus it is now on file, and I know her sister was actively looking at one point, though I'm not sure what's happening now. She has been ruled out for quite a few UID's at this point.

No tattoos.

Here are the Doe Network and Namus links for a refresher on EDJD:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/81ufar.html
https://identifyus.org/cases/2813

Thanks, Gardener
I came across a woman on FB who went missing from TX sometime between 1983-1986 and EDJD was being tossed around as a possible match, but the MP has a Libra tattoo. They do resemble each other, though. She's supposed to have a NamUs profile but I can't find it, and I'm not seeing a Charley page or WS thread for her, either.
Julie Gwenn Davis

Thanks, Gardener
I came across a woman on FB who went missing from TX sometime between 1983-1986 and EDJD was being tossed around as a possible match, but the MP has a Libra tattoo. They do resemble each other, though. She's supposed to have a NamUs profile but I can't find it, and I'm not seeing a Charley page or WS thread for her, either.
Julie Gwenn Davis

Interesting. Where was Julie's tattoo located? The Libra sign could look like a scar if it was done crudely and really small. EDJD had a small scar or birthmark under her left breast. It has always bothered me that they could not definitively say if it was a scar OR a birthmark. Could it have been an attempt at a homemade tattoo that scarred over? I'm grasping at straws perhaps but Julie does favor EDJD.

Interesting. Where was Julie's tattoo located? The Libra sign could look like a scar if it was done crudely and really small. EDJD had a small scar or birthmark under her left breast. It has always bothered me that they could not definitively say if it was a scar OR a birthmark. Could it have been an attempt at a homemade tattoo that scarred over? I'm grasping at straws perhaps but Julie does favor EDJD.

Per FB, the tattoo is on one of her arms.

Thanks, Gardener
Julie Gwenn Davis

From a post on the find Julie facebook page - hope this is ok to share here: Julie gwenn Davis hasn't been seen by her family in 30 years. Her brother Danny Davis is looking for his big sister. He last saw her when he was 17 years old. She had blonde hair and blue eyes when last seen. She has a tattoo of the Libra (scales) zodiac sign on one of her arms. Also stated she had a blood disorder that needed a blood transfusion before the age of 21. Her aunt had received a letter from her post marked new Orleans Louisiana around 1985 or 1986. Her DOB is Oct 19, 1968 (she would be 49 yes old this year) born to Danny Davis [deceased] and Edna (earl ray) Davis [deceased] of orange Texas. NamUs # 38876 and missing persons case # 17S23506. Her siblings include Danny Davis, Shelly Davis Johnson, Roland Davis, and Stephanie (Davis) derdick. Any info would be greatly appreciated in trying to reunite her with her family. Please contact me or Danny Davis. Thank you and God bless.

I personally don't believe this would be EDJD as I think a tattoo on her arm would have been noted by LE/autopsy staff.

Does anyone feel like calling Santa Fe PD and soeaking to Detective Trujillo and asking if he has a picture of Tamara on file? https://www.santafenm.gov/police_contacts

By the way, I was totally serious about this. I would totally do it myself but am in a country a long long way from New Mexico so I don't particularly wish to pay for a long distance call. Or if anyone can find an email address for Trujillo I will contact him, I can't see one anywhere on the Santa Fe PD site.

I dunno. I don't see that much resemblance.

But she would be the right age.

If she has a Namus page, it's not set to public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member