Arab-run Firm Buys Company With Major Commercial Operations From 6 Large US Ports

windovervocalcords said:
I first heard this term, xenophobia in connection with the sci-fi triolgy, written by Orson Scott Card, and starting with the novel, Enders Game.

In terms of this novel and its sequels, it refers to how genius children are trained to be warriors.

The term always evokes this sci fi trilogy (which I recommend BTW) and my memory is the way in which the enemy is dehumanized. (it could be the enemy, aliens from another world have the appearance of insects but I may be mixing up my novels lol)

The point is xenophobia to me means taking an entire group of people and reducing them to the category of being "squishable" like bugs and involves negative labeling, like calling the Blacks the N word, Germans, "krauts", Vietcong, "gooks", Muslims, "turban heads" etc etc etc.

The point is we don't have to treat them as human equal to us so they can be tortured, abused, or annihilated as an entire race or class.

May His face shine on U. S. once more. Amen.

I don't know who you are but I can say your heart speaks for mankind.I will never back off for basic human rights. There is no other agenda that bespeaks this God given right. Ports, Accidental Shootings,Mishandling of government funds and on and on. The ability to trust is greatly diminished. We are going to have to survive on our own.

concernedperson said:
I don't know who you are but I can say your heart speaks for mankind.I will never back off for basic human rights. There is no other agenda that bespeaks this God given right. Ports, Accidental Shootings,Mishandling of government funds and on and on. The ability to trust is greatly diminished. We are going to have to survive on our own.
Thanks cp-

All we can do is do all we can do.

We are challenged to be the best we are able and do the best we can do.

windovervocalcords said:
All we can do is do all we can do.
I like that. Mind if I steal it for my signature line?

Never mind, I stole it. I figure it's easier to get forgiveness than permission!! :D

IrishMist said:
I like that. Mind if I steal it for my signature line?

Never mind, I stole it. I figure it's easier to get forgiveness than permission!! :D

I think it bears repeating. All we can do is all we can do. Someimes I just feel that they are great people out there.

windovervocalcords said:
Can I join you?
--------------------

Hi, you sure can.I feel like I dont know which way to turn,what to do.Maybe God can knock some sense into him! Take care

Editted to add,I say maybe because this goof listens to no one!!

Nore said:
--------------------

Hi, you sure can.I feel like I dont know which way to turn,what to do.Maybe God can knock some sense into him! Take care

Editted to add,I say maybe because this goof listens to no one!!

A fool listens to no one.

Some very funny and sadly very accurate political cartoons:

lbs060224.gif

lcrmlu060224.gif

Marthatex said:
Those are good, DK, I especially like the container one.
Thanks. Yeah that one showed, in a nutshell, just how many problems this administration has had/caused!!! It startled me a bit.

Good cartoons!

That container could have been even heavier if you added in the tax breaks for the wealthy, cuts in social programs, destruction of the environment, global warming and our huge budget deficit.

We've had a huge budget deficit before this administration. That has nothing to do with this port deal.

Paper: Coast Guard Has Port Co. Intel Gaps

WASHINGTON - Citing broad gaps in U.S. intelligence, the Coast Guard cautioned the Bush administration that it was unable to determine whether a United Arab Emirates-owned company might support terrorist operations, a Senate panel said Monday. The surprise disclosure came during a hearing on Dubai-owned DP World's plans to take over significant operations at six leading U.S. ports. The port operations are now handled by London-based Peninsular & Oriental Steam Navigation Company. "There are many intelligence gaps, concerning the potential for DPW or P&O assets to support terrorist operations, that precludes an overall threat assessment of the potential" merger," an undated Coast Guard intelligence assessment says.

"The breadth of the intelligence gaps also infer potential unknown threats against a large number of potential vulnerabilities," the document says. Sen. Susan Collins (news, bio, voting record), chairman of the Senate Homeland Security committee, released an unclassified version of the document at a briefing Monday. With the deal under intense bipartisan criticism in Congress, the Bush administration agreed Sunday to DP World's request for a second review of the potential security risks related to its deal.

http://tinyurl.com/ootzy

PrayersForMaura said:
We've had a huge budget deficit before this administration. That has nothing to do with this port deal.

Well, since the money for the port deal does come out of the government budget it does have something to do with it and our deficits.

Also, I was commenting on the cartoons showing other Bush administration problems, which were allowed on this thread, so I hope I will be allowed to respond to your comment about the deficits.

Here are some charts and data which show we did not always have huge deficits, in fact, had surpluses in 1998-2001:

http://www.uuforum.org/deficit.htm

http://snipurl.com/n039

Reader said:
Well, since the money for the port deal does come out of the government budget it does have something to do with it and our deficits.

Also, I was commenting on the cartoons showing other Bush administration problems, which were allowed on this thread, so I hope I will be allowed to respond to your comment about the deficits.

Here are some charts and data which show we did not always have huge deficits, in fact, had surpluses in 1998-2001:

http://www.uuforum.org/deficit.htm

http://snipurl.com/n039
Thanks for posting those Reader, I was looking for that information; I bookmarked it for future reference. Looks like GWB's just a chip off of the old block when it comes to generating deficits.

So the Coast Guard thinks the UAE port deal is not safe? Man, they're not blindly supporting this administration? They must be against the war on terror! And the wars on common sense and civil liberties and actually protecting this country! Arrest them all! Spare no one!

;)

I think I would tend to believe the Coast Guard over any other agencies regarding this deal, including the illustrioushomeland security dept.

I about fell out of my chair when I heard how long Bill Clinton has been involved with the United Arab Emerates.

Where have I been? :waitasec:

I swear, something new comes out everyday.

Are we Americans just kept in the dark about everything?

we've posted CBO charts before to rebut false claims about the deficit, but ... zing! that sort of data flies right over the heads of the hard core Bush Lovers/Clinton Haters.

wish we could get past the group think and debate the issues as many (Lacy, Maral, Cypros, LP, etc. have tried in the past). nice to see new truth troops enter the fray here...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back