Arrest Made in JB Murder - Aug 16th, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buzzm1 said:
Did his brother explain the Thailand arrest on sex-related charges?? Another one of those amazing coincidences. If I recall (correctly--LOL) the Peterson case also had a lot of amazing coincidences too.

This guy apparently lived in Boulder for a time--at least that is what they said on the news earlier.
Buzz, was he arrested in Thailand on charges stemming from Thailand or from US?
The brother didn't even know if Karr was married.He said they might have been separated. wasn't really sure.

NK57 said:
I still think we are going to find out some rather interesting tidbits about his teaching careers hear in the states. I'll be anxious to hear why his license was revoked here in the states.
His teaching certificate was initially suspsended, then permanently revoked in Petaluma, California for violating the educational code (quoted) for the child *advertiser censored* charges.

Wudge said:
Unless reliable corroboration exists, it always wrong to believe raw media spewing, always. I wil say this, if LE was onto and watching Karr, they could gotten his DNA and compared it.

good point...

So many still doubting Thomases on this thread. It shouldn't take very long to shake the truth out, one way, or the other. The DNA, if a match, is a lock.

In that resume, is it just me, or does he seem to be bragging about the "responsibilities" he had in regards to being close to the children (bathing, etc.). Maybe it's more of a signal to other pedos instead of a real resume.

Just my 2centavos

HeartofTexas said:
I'm going on the record as saying I don't think there's a snowball's chance that this guy is the one. Personally, if Lou Smit was involved in tracking him down, that's enough proof for me that they have the wrong man. I have no respect for any of the Ramsey family, Lou Smit, or anyone else who made a mockery of justice out of this case. I'd love to hear Steve Thomas' input on this most recent development.

i'm curious to know what Mr Thomas thinks about this also...

Wudge said:
Unless reliable corroboration exists, it always wrong to believe raw media spewing, always. I wil say this, if LE was onto and watching Karr, they could gotten his DNA and compared it.

And it could have taken a few months to have the results back....which is why Patsy may have known something was up back in June.

BUT (and a big BUT) I'm holding judgement against this guy until there's more info out there than just the media spewing you mentioned also. He very well could have been trying to capitalize on the murders of children by researching to "write a book," emailed Patsy - made some weird statements, all in an effort to get Patsy talking so he could sell some story to the tabloids or something. Who knows?

Thanks Julianne. As a school administrator I can tell you its very difficult to revoke a lic. This is very telling indeed.

HeartofTexas said:
I'm going on the record as saying I don't think there's a snowball's chance that this guy is the one. Personally, if Lou Smit was involved in tracking him down, that's enough proof for me that they have the wrong man. I have no respect for any of the Ramsey family, Lou Smit, or anyone else who made a mockery of justice out of this case. I'd love to hear Steve Thomas' input on this most recent development.
It's starting to look like this guy may just be a sadistic pedo krank who enjoyed tormenting the Ramseys online. His ex-wife seems to genuinely loathe his guts but is giving him an alibi.

I can find no report of a DNA match anywhere, so it's clear there isn't one and that's no doubt the reason they're eager to get him back here. I think this is just another dead end.

Peter Hamilton said:
bulletgirl--Karr's wife said that?

Karr's ex-wife states in a news article that in 1996 the family lived in Alabama and was all together over the Christmas holidays and she doesn't believe he is the killer.

Buzzm1 said:
So many still doubting Thomases on this thread. It shouldn't take very long to shake the truth out, one way, or the other. The DNA, if a match, is a lock.

i agree Buzz, but i haven't heard anything factual about the DNA...i've heard it's a match, then i've heard that the info hasn't been released yet :confused:

JBean said:
Buzz, was he arrested in Thailand on charges stemming from Thailand or from US?
The brother didn't even know if Karr was married.He said they might have been separated. wasn't really sure.
Close family, huh--he was being held in Thailand on sex-related charges there, was my understanding, according to what was said on the news.

LI_Mom said:
Thousands upon thousands of people would be arrested if that made a person guilty. lol

Yes I know Lilmom, but as I typed that I wondered if he had been here. I can not imagine anyone researching this case and not bumping into this board.

BillyGoatGruff said:
It's starting to look like this guy may just be a sadistic pedo krank who enjoyed tormenting the Ramseys online. His ex-wife seems to genuinely loathe his guts but is giving him an alibi.

I can find no report of a DNA match anywhere, so it's clear there isn't one and that's no doubt the reason they're eager to get him back here. I think this is just another dead end.

you could be right....that's possible...

Buzzm1 said:
Close family, huh--he was being held in Thailand on sex-related charges there, was my understanding, according to what was said on the news.
okay because i thought i also heard he was arrested on an outstanding warrant from the US. Maybe that was in addition?

less0305 said:
Karr's ex-wife states in a news article that in 1996 the family lived in Alabama and was all together over the Christmas holidays and she doesn't believe he is the killer.
She doesn't sound very certain, if she said "she doesn't believe he is the killer", she should be able to flat out state that he isn't the killer, if that was the case.

Wudge said:

I"m torn here because my gut feeling is that karr is the wrong guy, but at the same time Wudge makes an important point about LE would only pursue someone to the point of arrest if it was big.

I read thru the thread quickly, so please forgive if this was mentioned already, but if it ends up that this guy is into pedo stuff, perhaps he simply knows someone or met someone who was involved in JBR's murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loretti11