***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think about other cases that garnered national attention. There was not new information on those either but they still stayed in the limelight.

Depends which ones you are thinking of; the missing persons cases that had a lot of attention like Stacey Peterson, Lacy and Natalee also had suspects who were doing weird things all along, so that made for good copy.

Anyone know how far from from the alleged last known sighting of a missing person, the search parameters (widening rings or areas) go? Then, how far from an evidence item?

If optimal search conditions were present, what would be the distance covered?

Thanks.

i have no idea, but that is a good question

this is very true. i mentioned it to a group of early thirties women about 2 weeks ago in baton rouge, and they said something along the lines of "they still haven't found that girl?"

I am on my way to the NOLA / Baton Rouge area now. As an outsider, it will be interesting to see what I see and hear, look for fliers, etc. I will ask my friends / family there what they hear.

I am on my way to the NOLA / Baton Rouge area now. As an outsider, it will be interesting to see what I see and hear, look for fliers, etc. I will ask my friends / family there what they hear.

i promise you won't see many fliers in baton rouge area :(

i emailed jason brown, the guy that wrote today's advocate article and asked him to find out more about the white truck and clarify for us if he writes another article. it seems like he got 2 answers before writing today's article, that the task force is indeed still investigating all leads coming in, that the investigation has "by no means stopped", and that the results from the state lab are indeed back. so if he got those answers, i'm hoping he can get some answers regarding the truck. not sure if he will write another article any time soon, but if he does, i hope he will provide us with some clarification of the truck. i also told him about the Raleigh case so that he can hopefully tell us "no they aren't related"

he just emailed me back to say he's looking into both now and will let me know as soon as he finds anything out. :woohoo:

Think about other cases that garnered national attention. There was not new information on those either but they still stayed in the limelight.

They stayed in the limelight longer because there was a story angle that made them relevant. What's the story angle here?

Take a look at page one of the missing person's forum and ask yourself how many of those threads are continuously reported on? Many of those cases are fairly recent.

I wish all missing person's stories were reported on a somewhat frequent basis but they are not. As I said above, the sad reality is a person going missing has become a somewhat common story.

Where do you see bondo? I am not doubting that it is there just haven't noticed it. One of the trucks I have seen elsewhere has bondo on the back where the Z71 decal would be.

I'm referencing LE. I believe it's from the period of press releases just prior to the bike being found.

Don't know...never saw anything like that. Did you ask the commenter??
I don't talk to crazy ppl on purpose. and this poster disappeared as of 5/29 ( i think). Others on the forum were all over him.. calling LE, notifying FindMickey. He might be the reason LE searched WB so many times. What a drag it is that this dufus seems be in-the-know on 5/21 or so. His handle on 5/19 was Zodiac Killer. Likes to make an impression, I think.

I think LE only mentioned bondo in reference to the hoopti?

yeah, I thought that too, initially, and the 'hooptie' does have bondo fill apparently..

I made a reference to the Z71 being 'directly behind Mickey, turning onto St.Landry' and someone was like 'what r u talking aboot.' and I went back to the 'presser' with all that wind noise and crumpling sounds, and made my own mini-transcript. I also came across a few text press releases on an LE website. I can't remember which of these talks about bondo on the 'other way' truck, but it was still a vehicle of interest on that day. They also took in a deadly local DUI offender for questioning. He might own a similar rig.

yeah, I thought that too, initially, and the 'hooptie' does have bondo fill apparently..

I made a reference to the Z71 being 'directly behind Mickey, turning onto St.Landry' and someone was like 'what r u talking aboot.' and I went back to the 'presser' with all that wind noise and crumpling sounds, and made my own mini-transcript. I also came across a few text press releases on an LE website. I can't remember which of these talks about bondo on the 'other way' truck, but it was still a vehicle of interest on that day. They also took in a deadly local DUI offender for questioning. He might own a similar rig.

Here is the 5/29 press conference transcribed:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7981447&postcount=78"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #10[/ame]

Q: Details about the vehicles
A; Well, that's very good. The car is an older model, 80s or 90s GM-type of vehicle, 4-door, it's got bondo on the rear right quarter panel, it's very obvious. That vehicle should be able to be spotted by the public. One truck that turned on St. Landry street directly behind MS is a Chevrolet white Z71 four-door. That picture has been circulated. And of course the truck with the cover on the bed, believed to be possibly a GMC or Chevrolet, which came from the direction from which Mickey had ridden her bike where she was last captured on video, was obviously, a vehicle of interest for that reason.

Was there something else you saw besides that?

I agree that a news story is going to generate more eyeballs on the case and at some point this case was shown on Today, was it not? Some folks are asking for national news to continue to highlight this case and I don't think that's very realistic at this time, there no new information to report on.

Over one later on AMW - New tips from the public were received one year later...

Search Continues For Abducted Tenn. Woman
Tennessee police are still searching for 21 year old Holly Bobo, who disappeared on Wednesday April 13, 2011. Cops say Holly may have been abducted from her home in Decatur County, Tenn. After searching for over a year, authorities need your help in finding Holly.
»The Full Story

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm?id=77784

Last updated April 20, 2012

Over one later on AMW - New tips from the public were received one year later...

Search Continues For Abducted Tenn. Woman
Tennessee police are still searching for 21 year old Holly Bobo, who disappeared on Wednesday April 13, 2011. Cops say Holly may have been abducted from her home in Decatur County, Tenn. After searching for over a year, authorities need your help in finding Holly.
»The Full Story

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm?id=77784

Last updated April 20, 2012

That was basically an anniversary story...pretty sure they will do one for Mickey, too, if she is still missing next May...

JUST SAW THIS ON FB!

KLFY 10 Acadiana's Multimedia Station
Person of Interest in Custody in Shunick Investigation

We are following breaking news in the disappearance of Mickey Shunick.

Law enforcement has made an arrest.

All we know right now is that a Person of Interest is is in custody.

We have multiple crews working the story and we will bring you any updates as they become available.

Shunick went missing from Downtown Lafayette just over a month ago. She was last seen on video riding her bike. That bike was later found in Whiskey Bay by search crews.

Boom:

Person of Interest in Custody in Shunick Investigation

We are following breaking news in the disappearance of Mickey Shunick.

All we know right now is that a Person of Interest is in custody.

We have multiple crews working the story and we will bring you any updates as they become available.

Shunick went missing from Downtown Lafayette just over a month ago. She was last seen on video riding her bike. That bike was later found in Whiskey Bay by search crews.

Tune in at 5:00 PM and 6:00PM for more details.

(from KLFY's FB page)

Looziana, I just saw it on KLFY news up date. There will be more on this at 5:00 PM on the news.

Oh my...we are being repaid for our patience...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname