***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted the full transcript earlier, that is when they were talking about the car (hoopti).
He is answering a reporter's question about white trucks and he says Ford. I listened carefully through a lot of wind noise, and I don't want to argue, which is why I posted a link to the actual time I'm transcribing from in the video.

It's a moot point now anyway, but the context is white Ford truck.. he says 'obviously there are a lot of ___ White Ford Trucks.

There may be a description of the Olds following. It took a long time to get this verbatim, and you really ought to start at 2:20 and follow my version.

That info was flying on a forum that many here know about and check, but most of us knew not to bring rumors here.

Does anyone know how the rumors originated?

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...UNICK-CASE?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

"According to the LSP sex offender website, Lavergne is a Tier 3 sex offender, which is the most serious classfication. Tier 3 offenders must register with the national sex offender registry for life.

Early Thursday, Lafayette police officer Kyle Manicino obtained surveillance video footage from The Daily Advertiser. The footage included views of Bertrand Drive between the hours of midnight and 4 a.m. on May 19. The police department would not confirm whether the footage was related to the arrest."

Are you serious that the freakin' NEWSPAPER office had the footage of this guy?!

Where exactly is Bertrand Dr in relation to where Mickey was last confirmed seen? TIA

Bertrand crosses Johnston and W. congress, MS was on St. Landry which is a mile or so east of Bertrand. St. Landry is parallel with Johnston and Congress.

So many posts....was this ever brought up. From 107.9's website

Lafayette police arrested Lavergne in Lafayette earlier today and notified the St. Landry Sheriff’s Dept. to execute a search warrant at 143 Elaine Rd. where crime scene tape currently surrounds a mobile home

So he was arrested in Lafayette....

Were you talking to me? I have cousins who live in Church Point and Lawtel....but no MSM link, so I can't talk specifically about until we have a verifying link.

I think so. It was supposed to be attached to a quote. Thanks for the info.

Please don't jump on me but question for ya all. I understand the POI lived about 20 miles from where Mickey disappeared. Is it the same direction as to where her bike was dumped?

Please don't jump on me but question for ya all. I understand the POI lived about 20 miles from where Mickey disappeared. Is it the same direction as to where her bike was dumped?

No. He's north of Lafayette. Whiskey Bay is east of Lafayette.

Tier 3 Registered Sex Offender free to roam the streets to stalk young women. One who may be dead as we speak. Unfreakingbelievable!

<iframe style="height: 270px; width: 450px;" src="http://www.mapquest.com/embed?hk=L4ntus" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

http://mapq.st/L4ntus
Hope this works!

Mod Note: If you're noticing that your posts are disappearing it should be a clue that you're doing something wrong. It is against TOS to re-post a post removed by mods. It is also a TOS violation to copy and paste posts from other sites and to talk about members of other sites.

It really makes no difference that information was leaked before the arrest except that it's very fortunate the suspect was still around to arrest. I only pray that any future prosecution will not be compromised.

No, if he dumped it, he would have made a special trip. He lives north of Lafayette about 30 miles or so and Whiskey Bay is east about 30 miles or so. The distance between the two locations may be shorter than 60 miles if you took the back roads.

I think they may have been on to this guy for quite awhile now. Which is why they stopped asking the public to help to locate the truck, etc. Maybe they already put this guy on their radar and have been trying to get the evidence together.

-------------> that (bbm) is my opinion as well..

omg.. I am just beside myself with this news... i want to hear that that there is an arrest but I don't at the same time because I just want her to ride up my driveway on her bike and honk her horn and say "here I am"..

I am crying right now over this news truth be told :-(

Well, I've said it many times before; Often rumors are valuable resources of info.

I think that he did chose the spot for the bike, based on its history...assuming this is the guilty party of course...

Has anyone had a good look at his truck from any photos of his house? The only thing I know about trucks is what color they are, so I never looked at the photos. Is this the "one"?

Omg I am so happy that this case is finally making progress! Now let's pray Mickey is alive. So what is the time in layafette now? In Australia it's Friday 10:15 am roughly. Just so I know what time tomorrow to come back and get all the info on the press conference. Omg sooo happy! I MSG my mum and some of my friends I have told about this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsJeckyll