ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
veronicay,to post the pictures just copy the url of the picture and click on the little square box that looks liek a postcard on top of the reply box and copy it in there.
I'm very interested in seeing the comparison.
:maddening: i did post it that way .but the pictures are just not seeable...

oh thank you I am able to see the pictures in the gallery,it makes me sad to see Lin Jun so happy and then trying to determine if it's the same guy tied up.....but I do think the nose does not look like LM at all....his nose is much poinier and skinnier IMO? It does look like Lin Jun to me :(

Emptying your recycling bin won't delete what is stored on the computer.

Er, I know, I was being a bit facetious. :)

You have to re-partition, and in some cases physically destroy, a drive to properly "delete" files.

Welcome to WS! You might be on to something here. I wonder if LM shot himself tied up to give the appearance that Lin Jun was a willing participant. The fact that it begins with the eyes and lower face covered could lend credence to this theory. I have not watched the video so this it the first I have seen of the early stages of the killvid. Clearly it is Lin Jun with his throat slashed, but that certainly does not look like him tied up, going by body type.

yep. the video has been edited to let out the misleading impression that the victim is willing to be killed. i must say that it successfully switches the key.there are more differences if you looked into the tape carefully:pectoral muscle, belly button, the length of shank,shape of toes,hair of the private part.....it is strong recommended that not to see the video tape. some of us have already do the screen shot. it is a pity that i just not able to upload the photos.

I am interested in hearing assumptions and theories about the murder of Lin Jun. I believe there was some earlier speculation about whether there was a third person in the room during the murder - holding the camera. From descriptions of the video, it sounds like Lin Jun was drugged. There's an article here with another viewpoint about the video ... I didn't read the description of the video because of the graphic content, but it may be interesting to those that want another perspective on the content:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/techno...video+high+school+students/6786051/story.html

thanks a lot for your sharing. i believe it would be a life lasting nightmare. poor Lin Jun ,rest in peace.

sorry, i miss type something. it is supposed to be : thanks a lot for your sharing . i have not seen the video. i believe it would be a life lasing nightmare. lin jun rest in peace.

I think that is going to be detonating quite possibly. I think I know but obviously that identity is not something we want to mess with, get wrong, and I don't even know what the rules are here in regard to that, outing the father, identifying him. Best for the press to do it first?

I was just trying to understand or wrap my head around why LM is the way he is. We have read things he posted about his mom which may be true or may not but early in this entire story I came across something he wrote about his dad and it was extremely derogatory and then I found another he talked about speaking to his dad and he seemed to think highly of him. I didn't pay attention to the dates of his posts so not sure if the derogatory comments from him about his dad was posted after the other. If it was vice versa it would lend me to believe that both posts were total fabrications.

Forgot to say that we do know the father's name, it was in the various articles in newspapers from the get go.

I was just trying to understand or wrap my head around why LM is the way he is. We have read things he posted about his mom which may be true or may not but early in this entire story I came across something he wrote about his dad and it was extremely derogatory and then I found another he talked about speaking to his dad and he seemed to think highly of him. I didn't pay attention to the dates of his posts so not sure if the derogatory comments from him about his dad was posted after the other. If it was vice versa it would lend me to believe that both posts were total fabrications.

He also talks about sleeping with his step-mom because of how much he loves his dad.

I take it as fact that nothing he says is true.

I just did a search for social forums for gay men and found this site that lists the top 8.

http://techcrunch.com/2006/10/11/eight-social-networking-sites-for-men-who-love-men/

What I find interesting is the second site they mention. Perhaps LM used this site to find places to stay when he travelled abroad? It might explain how he could do the amount of traveling and not pay for accommodations.

I am going to back and see if he posted on any of these sites and see if I can find perhaps some posts by him.

I think he's a pretty straightforward case of psychopathy. He exhibits all the central traits, including pathological lying.

In other words, treat all of his statements with a grain of salt.

The "causes" of psychopathy aren't well understood, but the leading authorities (Like Dr. Robert Hare), believe there are both genetic and environmental factors. That is, people are born with a genetic pre-disposition to psychopathy (like personality traits, mental structures, etc) and perhaps certain social experience "set off" that pre-disposition leading to full fledged psychopathy.

There is no credible evidence yet that LRM experienced any kind of child hood abuse, other than his own self-serving statements from various online forums (which would likely be excluded as "prior consistent statements" during the criminal trial). It is likely there was something LRM experienced that made him the way he is, but whether it was abuse, or anything else, remains to be seen.

Another thing to consider; we're all talking about the time of the unedited version they found but no one has thought to mention that the QUALITY of the unedited version will likely be much much higher (possibly HD) which is disturbing to think about but hopefully great for LE.

Remember, when you upload anything past 3-4 minutes in HD it can take forever, LM probably didn't/couldn't wait that long so we are probably seeing a VERY VERY low-res version of this tape.

Btw, I made the mistake of watching a bit of the tape but honestly, was almost able to disassociate myself with it as something extremely strange occurs in the beginning leading me to believe that SOME kind of trick is amiss. Either the gentleman initially tied up IS someone else or it was filmed at a different time or SOMETHING. A trick is being played - certainly a young man is still dead but what is going on?

GRAPHIC:

Even in some awful stills I've seen, the gentleman's skin is extremely yellow near areas of dismemberment indicating most of the blood has left - I know this has been discussed but the body/throat cut - obviously happened somewhere else as we are missing a LOT of blood near where limbs were cut etc. There's so much more going on around the events of this tape than meets the eye. Sorry if this is old news but I'm giving my impressions as someone who JUST WATCHED some of the tape for the first time.

Respectfully snipped...

newsleuth88 said:
Btw, I made the mistake of watching a bit of the tape but honestly, was almost able to disassociate myself with it as something extremely strange occurs in the beginning leading me to believe that SOME kind of trick is amiss. Either the gentleman initially tied up IS someone else or it was filmed at a different time or SOMETHING. A trick is being played - certainly a young man is still dead but what is going on?

BBM

What occurs that you find strange? I haven't watched the video. TIA

Respectfully snipped...

newsleuth88 said:

BBM

What occurs that you find strange? I haven't watched the video. TIA

Now my curiosity is piqued - what is it that you find 'strange/a trick'.

:tyou:

I found the video that would never load called "Footage from 2008" on a different web site (the video still wouldn't load) but it was titled "Luka Magnotta on the phone". I searched that too but still could never get the video to load... anybody had any luck?? I also found an album full of pics that belonged to Lin and the pics were so good they looked professional (not of him, of other people and places) but they were personal enough for me to think he might have taken them.... so I'm wondering if maybe they met for a photo shoot (whenever they first met). Just throwing out my thoughts, waiting for the next tiny bit of information to help me try to understand all this. Probably never will happen.

Now my curiosity is piqued - what is it that you find 'strange/a trick'.

:tyou:

When I snipped newsleuth's post, I snipped too much so it didn't quote correctly. Newsleuth is the one who saw something strange. I'm curious too.

I found the video that would never load called "Footage from 2008" on a different web site (the video still wouldn't load) but it was titled "Luka Magnotta on the phone". I searched that too but still could never get the video to load... anybody had any luck?? I also found an album full of pics that belonged to Lin and the pics were so good they looked professional (not of him, of other people and places) but they were personal enough for me to think he might have taken them.... so I'm wondering if maybe they met for a photo shoot (whenever they first met). Just throwing out my thoughts, waiting for the next tiny bit of information to help me try to understand all this. Probably never will happen.

Interesting about Lin's photos. If he was into photography, that certainly could be a link to how they met.

And Welcome to WS!

Another thing to consider; we're all talking about the time of the unedited version they found but no one has thought to mention that the QUALITY of the unedited version will likely be much much higher (possibly HD) which is disturbing to think about but hopefully great for LE.

Remember, when you upload anything past 3-4 minutes in HD it can take forever, LM probably didn't/couldn't wait that long so we are probably seeing a VERY VERY low-res version of this tape.

GRAPHIC:

Even in some awful stills I've seen, the gentleman's skin is extremely yellow near areas of dismemberment indicating most of the blood has left - I know this has been discussed but the body/throat cut - obviously happened somewhere else as we are missing a LOT of blood near where limbs were cut etc. There's so much more going on around the events of this tape than meets the eye. Sorry if this is old news but I'm giving my impressions as someone who JUST WATCHED some of the tape for the first time.

*GRAPHIC**

This has been discussed previously. I don't think there is any "trick"; you need to understand that the 10min video is highly edited, and the actual murder would have happened over several hours; possibly, from early evening to the next morning-- the lighting is different at different points in the video, there are many obvious time slices between edit. It's likely that Jun Lin was initially bound and then drugged (or vice versa), and murdered before any of the acts shown in the video's footage.

Also very probable that aspects of the dismemberment actually happened in other parts of the house, like the bath tub to contain any lost blood.

I haven't tried to download it b/c the only site I can see it on is Japanese, I think. But when I scrolled over it, the full caption says When was done he gave me hell because he hates being recorded (paraphrase). I assume you can see the still associated with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph