Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave SAYS they removed the remains and brought them to the US for testing.
How is a TV cable channel manipulating what he said, which is, quoting:
" .... took us to a spot where remains were found. And we took those remains and had those remains tested. And they just returned last week they are human remains."

Are you saying that " last week" means " last week" 2 years ago or more?
Because that's not what I'm getting from the quote. I'm taking away that yes, their anthropologist and investigator removed bone fragments ( so yes, it was done illegally according to Aruba law), and yes, they brought them to a lab in the US who can do DNA testing on them.
IMO, Aruba law means less than nothing or JVDS would have been tried, convicted and sentenced to a life in prison. Aruba LE is a sick joke, and Joran and Paulus VDS both laughed at reporters regarding Aruba LE's obstruction of justice because Paulus VDS paid them off. More than once, probably more than 4-5 times, he paid for Joran's freedom.

I totally agree with your thoughts. I'm thinking that the "paid" *advertiser censored* who helped JV remove the remains obviously did a lousy job and left some bone fragments. As far as what Aruban officials saying that the remains weren't human, well I don't believe a single word they say. They totally covered up the murder and most likely were compensated well to do so. JMO

As far as i know, it is illegal in most Caribbean Islands
Unimportant, but just for the record

Well, I must confess here that I did bring back coral and other things that I wasn't suppose to from Jamaica when I returned to United States after working there for a few months. :shame:

In the Dutch media they are very skeptical about the findings....and everything the father claims....

And I wouldn't trust anything coming from the Aruba side, thanks to their own actions during the Holloway investigation.

I totally agree with your thoughts. I'm thinking that the "paid" *advertiser censored* who helped JV remove the remains obviously did a lousy job and left some bone fragments. As far as what Aruban officials saying that the remains weren't human, well I don't believe a single word they say. They totally covered up the murder and most likely were compensated well to do so. JMO

That is exactly my opinion, as well. Thank God he left something behind, so now the parents can have some sort of closure. Taking someones remains and cremating them so there is nothing left for parents and loved ones to bury is beyond my definition of evil.

When I was in the middle of reading both the parents books I had to take a break for a while. I had nightmares worse than anything I had ever had.

I sure hope this is Natalie. Her poor family. We will be in Aruba in October.

I am not new here. I couldn't find my old info or password. I think I was Tinky. But not sure. It's been a long time.

Makes sense Aruba would want this hush-hush and not be what we would think is 100% cooperative. They rely heavily on the tourist industry as a gross national product for gross national income. And bad press is bad press. Places like Thailand and others have very sketchy investigations and even post-mortem "cases of death". Tourism is big money in developing countries. Especially post-colonial countries with a lot of brain drain.

I sure hope this is Natalie. Her poor family. We will be in Aruba in October.

I am not new here. I couldn't find my old info or password. I think I was Tinky. But not sure. It's been a long time.

Welcome back! [emoji322]

[emoji202]MOO

But how do you declare human remains when you don't know that's what you have? Can you claim beach artifacts like rocks, stones, dead coral, shells etc? Where on the declaration form would you claim this? People are bringing these items home from the Caribbean every day.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/sample-declaration-form

:waitasec:

I just watched the second episode on Oxygen about the NH disappearance. I really like it so far. Is anyone else watching it? If so, what do you think of it?

I just watched the second episode on Oxygen about the NH disappearance. I really like it so far. Is anyone else watching it? If so, what do you think of it?

I like it as well. I just hope this is finally the answer for the Holloways and not bogus. This John person is a psychopath. Disgusting human being.

I like it as well. I just hope this is finally the answer for the Holloways and not bogus. This John person is a psychopath. Disgusting human being.

I completely agree! This John person is pure evil. What about his girlfriend? Imagine him admitting those things to her and she doesn't want him to get in trouble?

I have been hopeful this will be a true find for the Holloways so they can bring something of her home and bury her and get some sort of closure.

I haven't seen it, just reading now the People magazine summary on the second episode. http://people.com/crime/natalee-holloway-mystery-oxygen-episode-2-recap/

So last week we had Gabriel saying that John over time confessed to it being in a forest originally, then taken by his aunt's car to a crematory with later spreading of ashes.

And this week, a sting operation funded by investigators takes them on a fun filled holiday to New Orleans, and the story now changes to the body was buried behind a house at a cul-de-sac.

"The big revelation of the episode: “It was never in the national forest,” Ludwig tells Gabriel, changing his account and leaving Ward and Holloway with questions about the story’s credibility."

:sheesh:

As to what I think, I think/have thought since 10 minutes into the first show, that it's abhorable that her father is :moo: :cow: being jerked around by so many that are taking advantage of him being a good man and wanting to find justice for his daughter.

I haven't seen it, just reading now the People magazine summary on the second episode. http://people.com/crime/natalee-holloway-mystery-oxygen-episode-2-recap/

So last week we had Gabriel saying that John over time confessed to it being in a forest originally, then taken by his aunt's car to a crematory with later spreading of ashes.

And this week, a sting operation funded by investigators takes them on a fun filled holiday to New Orleans, and the story now changes to the body was buried behind a house at a cul-de-sac.

"The big revelation of the episode: “It was never in the national forest,” Ludwig tells Gabriel, changing his account and leaving Ward and Holloway with questions about the story’s credibility."

:sheesh:

As to what I think, I think/have thought since 10 minutes into the first show, that it's abhorable that her father is :moo: :cow: being jerked around by so many that are taking advantage of him being a good man and wanting to find justice for his daughter.

BBM

This cannot possibly be true. There was NO CREMATORIUM in Aruba in 2010.
http://www.dutchcaribbeanlegalportal.com/news/latest-news/2516-cremation-legislation-in-aruba

Cremation legislation in Aruba, October 17, 2012 3:53 PM

ORANJESTAD — As cremations can’t be carried out on Aruba just yet, the deceased are to be flown to Curaçao and their ashes are subsequently flown back to Aruba in an urn.

IMHO he made that story up only recently, because the crematorium in Aruba was still not operational at the end of 2013.

BBM

This cannot possibly be true. There was NO CREMATORIUM in Aruba in 2010.
http://www.dutchcaribbeanlegalportal.com/news/latest-news/2516-cremation-legislation-in-aruba

IMHO he made that story up only recently, because the crematorium in Aruba was still not operational at the end of 2013.
Well that's a very interesting find!

But wasn't the cremation done years later, after the body had decomposed and the person was paid to dig it up?

Furthermore, if cremation was a new thing in Aruba, it might explain how an employee could have just cremated a body without full documentation, if the workplace structure was lax or non-existant.

Well that's a very interesting find!

But wasn't the cremation done years later, after the body had decomposed and the person was paid to dig it up?

Furthermore, if cremation was a new thing in Aruba, it might explain how an employee could have just cremated a body without full documentation, if the workplace structure was lax or non-existant.

It is claimed that this happened 5 years after Natalee disappeared which was in 2005. Five years later is 2010, and there was no crematorium in Aruba at that time. So how they took the body in his aunt's car there, is beyond me because there is a lot of ocean between Aruba and Curacao.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/natalee-holloway-body-found-138849
Gabriel revealed that Joran, 30, shared the information with a mutual acquaintance named John Ludwick five years after the Alabama teen vanished. "You guys were getting close [to finding the body]," Gabriel explained to Dave — Natalee's father — so Joran told John,"'I’ll pay you $1,500 if you go and dig the body up.'

if a cremation actually occurred in this case, should we assume the cremation was done legally at a registered funeral home? could "cremated" mean burned?

if a cremation actually occurred in this case, should we assume the cremation was done legally at a registered funeral home? could "cremated" mean burned?

BBM

The original "story" in the first episode was that VDS dad had connections to someone at the crematory :bus:..and then they took the ashes later and John and VDS threw them into the waves.... so no, I would not assume it was done at a funeral home (no crematories back then as pointed out) and if merely burned by the two... doubt that either as a big deal was originally made to throw his dad under the bus also with crematory and connections to it. :moo:

Only assumption I make, is that everything out of their mouths is to taunt and destroy the family and others looking for justice.

My bs meter is unfortunately way up on JL, and this new info about there not even being a crematorium in 2010 only increases that. Everything about his demeanor is telling me he's spinning a huge yarn. While I think most of this story is way off, I still hope enough of it may hold a shred of truth that whatever they found really is her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member