ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
All speculation, but I am reading G had an anger issue based on restraining orders etc.
If he felt he was being used by Robyn and read that email, I am thinking he could have lost all control.

So, did he premeditate her death?( if in fact he killed her)
Take her to the beach and drown her?

OR
Did her hurt her in the room when he found the message?

Giordano and his first wife, Sharon Lynn Cohen, had a history of domestic disputes chronicled in Montgomery County Circuit Court records. Both Giordano and Cohen filed simultaneous protective orders against each other on Dec. 12, 2001.

In Giordano’s protective order, he asserts Cohen struck him repeatedly in the upper back with a 14-inch long steel cooking spoon, resulting in severe welts.

Cohen’s filing alleges that Giordano was the aggressor. She wrote he threatened her, saying, “Things are going to get rough,” and claimed Giordano “Can’t control his anger.”

Both Giordano and Cohen retracted their respective protective orders before a judge Jan. 25, 2002.

On Dec. 21, 2001, Giordano filed for divorce from Cohen, according to court documents, with custody of the couple’s three children ultimately going to Cohen.

Giordano married again June 17, 2006, to Connie Klein, from whom he filed for divorce in August 2008, according to court documents. The couple did not have any children, and split most of their possessions evenly.

http://www.gazette.net/article/2011...n-with-woman-s-disappearance&template=gazette

Or was she careless enough to send the message in his presence?
On the way to the beach?

It feels like she may have not known what she was up against if that is the case

Is there any timeline?
Last seen together by others...

I think I read somewhere that he reported her missing at 6:23 pm
Where was he when he called the authorities?

This is too weird. Was the boyfriend so angry that he enlisted (paid) a "friend" to befriend her online and take her to Aruba and there, to make her disappear?

They were playing into the idea that Aruba was a place of mysteries where women just vanish, like Natalee. Sorry, not buying it.

IMO, there has to be a third party, after the boyfriend, and the guy she was with in Aruba...a third party who made sure that she disappeared.

One the scariest things about this case, and so many others (like Jacque Waller, for example) is that as much as we all know in our guts that a crime was committed against this woman, there really is no physical evidence of that. Time after time we see abusive spouses/SO's get away with murder because they know how to make someone disappear.

This is too weird. Was the boyfriend so angry that he enlisted (paid) a "friend" to befriend her online and take her to Aruba and there, to make her disappear?

They were playing into the idea that Aruba was a place of mysteries where women just vanish, like Natalee. Sorry, not buying it.

IMO, there has to be a third party, after the boyfriend, and the guy she was with in Aruba...a third party who made sure that she disappeared.

Why a third party??
I don't think its complicated at all
I really don't see premediated yet

Women vanish in many places, especially if hooked up with a bad person
Look at his record. Think about her there with him and emailing the boyfriend.
Record of violence against women
Anger issues

JMO

More Questions For Gary Giordano in Aruba Disappearance of Robyn Gardner

Updated: Wednesday, 10 Aug 2011, 3:39 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 10 Aug 2011, 3:39 PM EDT

By BEN FOX Associated Press

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - A Maryland man who claimed his travel partner apparently drowned during a getaway to Aruba has now become a suspect in her disappearance because his response to the incident raised suspicions of police.

Gary V. Giordano was in jail on the Caribbean island Wednesday as authorities looked for clues to what happened to his friend, 35-year-old Robyn Gardner. He has said she disappeared while they were snorkeling near the southern tip of the island, the Aruban prosecutor's office said.

Aruban Solicitor General Taco Stein said Wednesday that authorities had called off the active search for Gardner because they had no more leads to pursue, but that they planned to question Giordano again.

"The suspect is standing by his story that they went snorkeling and that Robyn did not resurface," Stein said.

Earlier, the prosecutor's office said it decided to detain Giordano on Friday, as he tried to leave Aruba, because of questions about information he gave police about the disappearance. Prosecutors have not said what prompted their suspicions.

Related Stories:

Missing Frederick Woman Robyn Gardner's Travel Partner Detained in Aruba

Frederick Woman, Robyn Gardner, Missing in Aruba

Richard Forester, Boyfriend of Robyn Gardner, Spoke with FOX 5 Morning News

Gardner's younger brother, Andrew Colson, said Giordano seemed too calm when his mother came to Aruba to help find her daughter.

"He didn't seem very sorrowful. He wasn't mournful or anything," Colson told The Associated Press in a phone interview from Odenton, Maryland.

Colson, who last saw his sister in May, said Aruban authorities asked them not to discuss the case in detail, but that they do not believe Giordano's account of what happened. He said she was unlikely to have been snorkeling in the first place.

"I think there's more to it," he said. "...She just wouldn't want to ruin her makeup or get her hair wet.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/mar...earance-of-robyn-gardner-081011#ixzz1UexMcz8I

Giordano is from Gaithersburg, Maryland. His lawyer said he runs an employment agency

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/mar...earance-of-robyn-gardner-081011#ixzz1UezCaO9L

I found his previous wife on Facebook that divorced him in 2008. Plus another woman posted a photo of him and her as a couple together in May 2009 on the FB page for locating Robyn. Both of these women share resemblances to Robyn - long blonde hair and attractive.

I also located his first wife from the 2001 divorce. She doesn't have the similar features like the ones above.

I am not trying to cut down the victim,but Robyn was playing a very dangerous game.Living with one guy who was the boyfriend and partying with the male friend.She had lost her job in a dental office,so had plenty of time to roam free.GG sent her tickets for a trip to Aruba and she accepted,telling her boyfriend she was going with friends or family.A man doesn't offer you a free trip to Aruba for nothing.I am sure he expected something in return.She texts her boyfriend and tells him she loves him and will try to work it out when she gets back.Considering GG has a history of domestic violence ,I would think he is somewhat possessive and demands attention.I think he read her texts somehow,maybe even grabbing the phone from her and that's when it all went downhill.

From Martin Savage for HLN - Aruban police have confiscated two smart phones they have been sent to Curacao for tech report if they can't do it then they will be sent to the netherlands , impounded the rental car to do forensics, gone through the hotel room as well.

I'm not surprised that some people might compare this case to the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, but I don't feel that the circumstances are at all similar. Robyn is a 35-year-old woman who traveled to Aruba with a man 15 years older than she and whom she met online. She probably didn't know the man well enough to have embarked on a vacation with him. Gardner placed herself in a risky situation, and I hope she hasn't met with foul play.

I agree.

I think the only similarity is that they both went missing in Aruba. Their stories are completely different.

The HLN report indicated he has been on many dating websites and complaints have been made about him.

If anyone sees one of these site profiles he keeps, I would be interested in seeing it. I can't even find him on Facebook.

Is it just me or does anyone else get the sense that her family is very distant from her BF? IIRC, he communicated with her brother through FB when he got concerned. Why didn't he call him?

Very strange.

OMG, Nancy has Robyn on right now. The headline reads "American girl Natalee lookalike goes missing in Aruba" :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair:

OMG, Nancy has Robyn on right now. The headline reads "American girl Natalee lookalike goes missing in Aruba" :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair:

I don't get why it's even being compared to Natalee's case. Oh yah it happened in Aruba. :innocent:

NG is really making me sick with this "another American girl lost in Aruba" thing...
Yesterday she had a series of photos, Natalee and Robyn, in similar poses that she had up, one set after another, as if a serial killer were on the loose...unreal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa