ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
?
I do not think he is telling any truth..so is there absolute proof she ever was there at all?
What airport did they leave from?

?
I do not think he is telling any truth..so is there absolute proof she ever was there at all?
What airport did they leave from?

Yes

They talked to other tourists at the hotel
Witnesses saw them

Its in this thread somewhere

IMO there is no place where one is always perfectly safe
Look at the stats for other popular vacation spots.
Look at the stats for your or my home towns
Bad things can happen anywhere and the crime is not always solved
Look at the pages on this forum

I have been travelling to Aruba for years
Like your Mom, it is one of my favorite places

Thank you for your reassurance Dushi!! I do have to admit i'm a little bit of a worry wort though. Kinda paranoid about things, I get that from my Grandmother (Love you Grandma RIP), I just got finished watching shark week for the frist time with my hubby. I don't think I will be going swimming in the ocean anymore, at least not past knee high.

Could the police have been watching it?

Thank you for your reassurance Dushi!! I do have to admit i'm a little bit of a worry wort though. Kinda paranoid about things, I get that from my Grandmother (Love you Grandma RIP), I just got finished watching shark week for the frist time with my hubby. I don't think I will be going swimming in the ocean anymore, at least not past knee high.

I, too, have been to Aruba several times and consider it among my favorite winter travel destinations. DH and I will spend a day there in January as part of a southern Caribbean cruise. The ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao) are beautiful resorts, and it's a shame that the risky behaviors of female tourists gives these fabulous vacation spots a bad reputation. There are a few islands in the Caribbean that I don't like because I don't feel safe visiting them, but Aruba isn't on the list.

Interesting read

http://www.people.com/people/article...517361,00.html

Boyfriend says someone was using her Gmail account after she was reported missing
Also says he was not informed of her disappearanve til Friday when he spoke to her brother

Rats! Won't connect...says 'page not found'.

I have a bad feeling about this one, folks. I do not think that she just 'drifted away'. Trying to keep good thoughts and wait for news.

snipped

That was Monday, Aug. 1. The following day, at 2:05 a.m., she posted a message on his Facebook wall saying simply, "This sucks." He wrote back, "inbox me." Then, 10 hours later, he wrote "Where r u baby??"

"I emailed her the rest of the day trying to get in touch with her," says Forester, a Washington, D.C., headhunter. "She sent me an inbox message on Facebook around 3 p.m. Tuesday, saying, 'Don't worry. I care about you I love you we'll talk and sort things out when I got back,' " he says.

That was the last communication Forester had from her.

Three hours later, Gary Giordano, the man with whom Gardner had traveled to Aruba, told authorities she went missing while they were snorkeling.

Forester didn't find out she had disappeared until she failed to return home as planned Thursday night. He says he had never met Giordano but knew of him. Forester says that Gardner told him Giordano was her "gay friend."

http://www.people.com/people/article...517361,00.html

Robyn Gardner Missing: Search For Maryland Woman In Aruba Called Off, According To Boyfriend

snipped~

The 41-year-old man claims he has received word that the FBI and Interpol will pick up the search and investigation, but the FBI did not immediately respond to inquiries from The Huffington Post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...rch_n_923749.html#s326251&title=Robyn_Gardner
-------

IMO - The media pronouncing that yet another blonde American woman is missing from Aruba is suggestive of the idea that this woman could have been sold as a sex slave. If this turns out to be the case and she is found, Beth may have some leads on what could have happened to Natalee. Natalee's body has never been found. Beth did receive some "tip" that she investigated wherein people were claiming that Natalee had been sold by Joran to someone, who removed her from the island by boat and took her to another country.

It sure would be interesting to know if Giordano was in Aruba when Natalee went missing.

OMG

Have I lost the other thread or have they been combined into one?

Then the woman found out that Giordano had secretly filmed the two having sex and posted intimate images of her on the Internet, Landau said in court filings in connection with the woman’s restraining order. The woman confronted Giordano, who responded by placing indecent photos of her inside the mailboxes of about five of her neighbors, Landau said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...to-the-census/2011/08/11/gIQAJchp8I_blog.html

MO A sick and dangerous man

Then the woman found out that Giordano had secretly filmed the two having sex and posted intimate images of her on the Internet, Landau said in court filings in connection with the woman’s restraining order. The woman confronted Giordano, who responded by placing indecent photos of her inside the mailboxes of about five of her neighbors, Landau said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...to-the-census/2011/08/11/gIQAJchp8I_blog.html

MO A sick and dangerous man

No criminal charges were filed.

She should file them now. This is smoking gun stuff that could put him behind bars. It is also just the tip of the iceberg. More women will come forward. This guy is a predator.

She also began speaking to Montgomery law enforcement, who searched Giordano’s house in May last year, according to officials. But the case was ultimately halted.

“We investigated Ms. Landau’s client’s matter and met with her multiple times,” said Montgomery County State’s Attorney John McCarthy, the county’s top prosecutor. “She ultimately did not wish to pursue it, and we honored her wishes.”

Bet she is regretting this now. Make it good by doing the right thing.

Perhaps women who go through that kind of humiliation would rather let it slide , try to forget it happened

Men like GG count on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member