ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am aware of the facts but i did read that
I have no idea where to look for it

Early on it was said that GG was seen on the beach during a search with his lawyer
Was that another untrue statement?

I donno, it's not something I've heard but I can't claim to have seen every video or story on this case. I'd find it odd if he did have an attorney before he was arrested.

I donno, it's not something I've heard but I can't claim to have seen every video or story on this case. I'd find it odd if he did have an attorney before he was arrested.

So would I. I believe it was said that GG himself contacted ALE on Friday, August 5, to enquire if he was free to leave Aruba. Up to that point, he had not been arrested. But I believe the calls to AMEX were as early as August 4th, if not the 3rd.

It was a good catch to point this out.

MOO.

So would I. I believe it was said that GG himself contacted ALE on Friday, August 5, to enquire if he was free to leave Aruba. Up to that point, he had not been arrested. But I believe the calls to AMEX were as early as August 4th, if not the 3rd.

It was a good catch to point this out.

MOO.

Who said that, do you know? Was it JB? What I heard is that he tried to leave the island and gave a phoney excuse for leaving and another excuse for his travel companion (RG) for not being with him. Big change from what we first heard to what we are hearing now.

And as far as he and his attorney on the beach I believe that was for the second reenactment and GG declined to be included. jmo

Who said that, do you know? Was it JB? What I heard is that he tried to leave the island and gave a phoney excuse for leaving and another excuse for his travel companion (RG) for not being with him. Big change from what we first heard to what we are hearing now. jmo

Michael Lopez, I believe.

http://arubaherald.com/court/779-at...expect-the-case-to-become-so-complicated.html

In a conversation with Gary Giordano's lawyer, mr. Michael Lopez, he said that Giordano gave an extensive statement to police on Friday and asked them if he should change his flight and stay a few more days on Aruba. The police did not answer him, but when his client was leaving Aruba that afternoon, police detained him at the airport.

Giordano told his lawyer he had met his travel companion a few years ago on an online dating site, they talked much on the phone and used to meet about twice a month. The man and Robyn Gardner had come to Aruba for a short vacation and on the first day they drove around and to Baby Beach with the intention to go find a snorkeling spot. The next day they returned, it was afternoon and they ate something and went to snorkel. They went snorkeling after lunch and that is when she went missing. He returned to shore alone, and when he noticed she was not surfacing, he sought help and called 911.

His client was detained on suspicion of murder, although no body has been found and mr. Lopez says that he does not understand this. Lopez said his client is divorced and has children and the woman who went missing might be married, but there is no further information available on her. Lopez explained the district attorney has 10 days to do its investigation and he hopes that within this time, anytime he can be able to tell his client to go home. Lopez said his client had spoken to the woman's parents and the Vice Consul of the U.S.A. in Curacao. Lopez had not received his client's statement yet, but he understands that nothing has changed and his client has only given more details on the first few statements.

So we just know that supposedly GG told his attorney that GG had asked if he could leave and did not get an answer. According to the ticket agent GG lied to him so it's just his word that he asked LE this because LE seems to have a different story. Also nothing is mentioned about him retaining ML prior to his arrest. I can't imagine why he would. jmo

So we just know that supposedly GG told his attorney that GG had asked if he could leave and did not get an answer. According to the ticket agent GG lied to him so it's just his word that he asked LE this because LE seems to have a different story. Also nothing is mentioned about him retaining ML prior to his arrest. I can't imagine why he would. jmo

Well its certainly not the first time i have been wrong, but it surely rings a bell with me

What did LE say about his leaving on that Friday?

What did LE say about his leaving on that Friday?

He is the only who claims to have had a conversation with LE about it and then left for the airport. LE did not arrest him until he got to customs so it appears someone alerted the police he was leaving. That is what I understood. I can't imagine LE would not have told him it was okay to leave or it was not okay to leave. It is a simple question.

Then there was the bizzaro statement he made to RG's mother. "I got my shoes and socks wet looking for your daughter". My guess was they still had not dried out. Does it make sense if you only had one pair of shoes with you to wear them in the water. jmo

Off topic, but does anyone have any information or links to info on an Aruban local, Vader Van Loon?

Off topic, but does anyone have any information or links to info on an Aruban local, Vader Van Loon?

Well, i don't have any links but i know him a little
You know, beach conversation
I knew his sister well

Who is that???

I met him the other day and had a lengthy conversation with him about many things. He brought up the topic of NH, RG and GG. The things he had to say, I just can't forget it and want to know more about this person. Much of what he had to say was about NH and so not relevant but he did speak in some detail about his thoughts on this case.

I met him the other day and had a lengthy conversation with him about many things. He brought up the topic of NH, RG and GG. The things he had to say, I just can't forget it and want to know more about this person. Much of what he had to say was about NH and so not relevant but he did speak in some detail about his thoughts on this case.

Are you in Aruba? And do tell us what he had to say.

This is GMA's interview with JB.

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/#crsl=%...-26855749.html

IMO, Vader is a ********ter
Did he have Buddy with him?

He has an unsavory history and I would take everything he says with a grain of salt
An unusual man

His sister owned Blue Melody

He was banned from palm Beach for some time

Vadir always worked beach sports

His sister was a wonderful woman

She died a few years ago

He likes to tell stories

I feel he knows nothing except perhaps some gossip
Was married for awhile, no longer

has a kind heart with animals

A criminal record

IMO, Vader is a ********ter
Did he have Buddy with him?

He has an unsavory history and I would take everything he says with a grain of salt
An unusual man

His sister owned Blue Melody

He was banned from palm Beach for some time

Yes, he did have a friend with him. The friend was hanging out with us, that is how Vader ended up spending a few hours with us, I still don't know how it is that he and I ended up in this very strange conversation.

Yes, he did have a friend with him. The friend was hanging out with us, that is how Vader ended up spending a few hours with us, I still don't know how it is that he and I ended up in this very strange conversation.

LOL, I know what you mean

he finds me every year
He has always been kind to me because of my friendship with his sister

Just don't really think he is always speaking the truth

Everyone knows him there

He likes the attention, imo

Vadir always worked beach sports

His sister was a wonderful woman

She died a few years ago

He likes to tell stories

I feel he knows nothing except perhaps some gossip
Was married for awhile, no longer

has a kind heart with animals

A criminal record

He mentioned about the sports, his sisters death, his marriage - left out the criminal record ( though I'd say that is pretty much a given - ha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled