AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier but perhaps either the money or the drugs are the missing items from the suitcase. Could the suitcase have been purchased and modified in some way to conceal these items? Presumably if it had this would be evident to police. Thinking outside the box, I think it's likely the suitcase was never intended to carry personal items.

This may explain the dumping of the suitcase and the retention of the suitcase for a long period of time. If it contained trace evidence of drug running it would be a silly idea to just throw it away. It could also be possible the suitcase was used to continue the drug running operations for quite some time.

I've wondered the same thing about the suitcase. It wouldn't need to be altered either, some models come ready-made with weird little hidey-holes concealed behind their lining etc (I know because my kids used just such a concealed area to smuggle chocolate into school camp last year)

If this suitcase had ever been used for drug smuggling though, I'm not sure police would've deemed it important/relevant enough for mention in the pre-identification appeals.

At that stage no-one had any idea who Khandalyce or Karlie were, & police were still trying to locate everyone who had rummaged through the suitcase on the side of the road. So I think IF they'd been able to detect drug residue in that suitcase after all that time, they'd have decided it more likely any drugs or cash were removed by the original owner/dumper. It would be relevant to the investigation, but not to the appeals for those who saw the suitcase & took something from it, to come forward.

I still think the "missing item" will eventually be revealed to be far more important & far more tragic than drugs or $$.

There's only one thing, that if removed, would be immediately obvious to police officers who never saw the contents before it was left at Wynarka AND would explain why multiple people discovered bones & clothes in, by or near an abandoned suitcase but failed to recognise them as human.

IMO, JMO etc.

& this is just a general comment, to no-one in particular, but ... I hope these drug debt articles are part of a police strategy to get justice for Karlie & Khandalyce. If not, knowing someone "very close" to their family chose to take their Crimestopper tip to media when at least 1200+ other Crimestopper tipsters in this case have not, must make all of this even harder for the people who loved Karlie & Khandalyce to take : (

From the research I have been doing it appears Police were well aware of a syndicate trafficking drugs from Adelaide to the NT...especially to some of the outback communities. A task force called Mandang had been set up - so the routinue stops along the Stuart HWY....were routine because of that reason.

The police had commence their operation late 2008 ...

I found a few articles.. someone asked about why the rush departure in 2011? ... I'm not 100% sure and will have to check...but it's always possible some of those caught up in operation Mandang were brought to trial in 2011....just an idea...Maybe they didn't want to be found around this time (subpoena ??) ...?? just some random thoughts..

Interesting reading in the link... Marla is mentioned.

https://cooberpedyregionaltimes.wordpress.com/2010/04/01/eight-arrested-allegedly-trafficking-drugs-between-adelaide-mintabie/

ETA: Just wanted to clarify .... I am not saying Operation was specifically targeting Karlie or any group she *May* have been associated with .... just that Police were conducting operations along this Hwy with Drug Smuggling in mind.

It is interesting that Karlie was stopped on a routine check by police in November 2008. If she was doing drug runs, they apparently found nothing with her that time?

But this makes me wonder if this police check/operation that was going on, could have scared her so bad, that she returned to Adelaide and then could have fled to Canberra?

And do we know if she went to Canberra all by herself with Khandalyce, or was DH or anybody else with her during that trip?

Now that I think about it, could Karlie have been doing a drug run in November 2008 when she was pulled over at Coober Pedy?
And if so, could she have gotten rid of the drugs before she was pulled over (and lost them, hence the 25.000 drug debt)? Maybe threw a suitcace full of drugs out of the car seeing a police car ahead?

Cause it seems like everything she did after that police check, seem to lead straight to her being murdered by someone who was furious with her.

She didn't have any drugs on her as I read it, once she got the money to buy the drugs she legged it.

I'm guessing that at some stage *since she went missing* the drug boss in Alice Springs (who would only be the local branch boss) has complained to another courier she owes them that much and needs to be found and dealt with, so that's the figure that went around the rumor mill... but what the drug boss was talking about is she went missing with drugs that had that street value when made into average size deals in Alice Springs. A lot less was probably paid for the bulk purchase. People have a tendency to talk *up* the amounts owed to them and *down* the amounts they owe, it is human nature.

Back to 'the bosses car'.
I still think it would be interesting to know who owned that car with Khandalyce in front of it.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...andalyce-emerges/story-fn3dxiwe-1227587726505

She didn't have any drugs on her as I read it, once she got the money to buy the drugs she legged it.

I have a hard time believing that. Where would she go with a 2 year old. There would be no place to hide being on the run with a small child.

What if she did do a drug run, got tipped of there was a police check at Coober Pedy, tossed the drugs out of the car before being pulled over. And could never retrieve them (or someone else took them).

How would anyone know she got the money to buy drugs. But never did buy drugs and ran. That would have to be someone with a loooooooottttt of knowledge wouldn't it?

I have a hard time believing that. Where would she go with a 2 year old. There would be no place to hide being on the run with a small child.

What if she did do a drug run, got tipped of there was a police check at Coober Pedy, tossed the drugs out of the car before being pulled over. And could never retrieve them (or someone else took them).

How would anyone know she got the money to buy drugs. But never did buy drugs and ran. That would have to be someone with a loooooooottttt of knowledge wouldn't it?

People talk, I'm sure the people who trusted her with the money had a lot to say. Perhaps there were people in her circle who knew them, perhaps they came knocking on grandma's door?

As far as where would she run, I'd imagine it was as far away as possible, say, Mt Gambier, or Canberra .. since someone she was close to her killed her, it seems there was nowhere she could run.

I don't think she had drugs on her for this run, just the money.

Also, I don't think the car belongs to any boss of any kind, let alone any sort drug boss, I think calling that car 'the bosses car' was just a joke.

It is interesting that Karlie was stopped on a routine check by police in November 2008. If she was doing drug runs, they apparently found nothing with her that time?

But this makes me wonder if this police check/operation that was going on, could have scared her so bad, that she returned to Adelaide and then could have fled to Canberra?

And do we know if she went to Canberra all by herself with Khandalyce, or was DH or anybody else with her during that trip?

Now that I think about it, could Karlie have been doing a drug run in November 2008 when she was pulled over at Coober Pedy?
And if so, could she have gotten rid of the drugs before she was pulled over (and lost them, hence the 25.000 drug debt)? Maybe threw a suitcace full of drugs out of the car seeing a police car ahead?

Cause it seems like everything she did after that police check, seem to lead straight to her being murdered by someone who was furious with her.

That's what I thought too.
If she was pulled over, even if they decided not to search her car in the drug operation, perhaps it freaked her out to the point that she wanted to make that the last run.

After all, she'd be jailed for that sort of quantity and her daughter would go into care.

Suppose she tried to say "no more" but felt threatened.
Explains why she looks so terrified at Marion.

A suitcase in Mt Gambier mmmmmmmmmmmmm

People talk, I'm sure the people who trusted her with the money had a lot to say. Perhaps there were people in her circle who knew them, perhaps they came knocking on grandma's door?

As far as where would she run, I'd imagine it was as far away as possible, say, Mt Gambier, or Canberra .. since someone she was close to her killed her, it seems there was nowhere she could run.

I don't think she had drugs on her for this run, just the money.

Also, I don't think the car belongs to any boss of any kind, let alone any sort drug boss, I think calling that car 'the bosses car' was just a joke.

I don't believe the actual murder of Karlie was directly drug deal related. The amount is too small. The method too messy.

Violent stomping demonstrates way too much rage and passion for a business deal.

I do think however that a lot of money and drugs turned into a massive psychotic bender that resulted in her savage death. DH post crash was quite likely a total train wreck. Some people who go through traumatic events sort of "die" inside. the results can be sad at best but can turn terrifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DS Bray said something along the lines that money that went into Karlie's account consisted of 'wages of a person, fraud, and money from unknown sources'. For all we know, Karlie deposited the $25,000 into her account, rather than carry it around with her. '... unknown sources' suggests to me the police have been unable to determine exactly where that money came from (yet). I'm not saying that is the drug money, just something else possibly worth thinking about. I personally would think it unlikely to deposit drug money into your account, however, who knows the thinking of a naive young woman at the time - she may have thought it was safer to deposit the money into her account than risk travelling around the countryside with it and then had a back of plan to say how the money got into her account, if ever questioned about it. Unlikely, but possible I guess.

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...l-service-area/task-force-mallee#.Vj5jc64rKEI

I can't find the relevant link, but I seem to remember that it was stated that Karlie was killed not that long after she left Alice Springs. If this is correct, the person(s) who murdered her and Khandalyce may have been aware of the large amount of money either on her person, or in her account, and killed her purely from a level of greed, so effectively the money was never used to buy drugs because she was killed before she had the opportunity to buy the drugs and on-sell them, and the person(s) who killed her then spent the money. If Karlie then "disappears" and no-one knows what happened to her, it's a bit hard for the person who initially gave her the $25,000 to find Karlie and make her accountable for where the money went. The drug person may have contacted her "associates" to try to locate her, and the associates may have told some *advertiser censored* and bull story about when they last saw her, and they have no idea where she is (although aware Karlie was deceased because they were instrumental in it).

If Karlie was purportedly involved in selling drugs by means of a group of individuals, which I think someone may have suggested, she may have had an actual "drug ledger" and have been expected to buy the drugs initially with the $25,000 and then on-sell the drugs. If this was the case, she would not be expected to hand back the actual drugs purchased, or the money procured from the drugs straightaway, as she would then spend time selling the drugs and building up a "ledger" of the money gained from the drugs.

Just some general thoughts.

So I'll throw it up in the air again.... Motorcycle Group possibly Comancheros or Nomad involvement IMO. Participants are (not sterotyping) but often Truck drivers are utilised to transport and supply.

One time supposed Boyfriend (partnered man) attempted in his defence of murdering his partner that it was one of these bikie clubs responsible ....

Hypothetical situation here and entirely my own opinion...

DH and Karlie are taken forcibly into Belanglo Forest by a group of outlaw bikies/ other experienced and hardened criminals, who are smart enough not to take their phones with them, and who are angry about something DH and KP may have done (or failed to do).

In the confrontation that follows, KP is killed as a warning, and DH is taken back out/ allowed to leave, with a renewed intention to comply with orders and do as he is told. Only his phone pings, so he is accused of her murder. He is too afraid to state who really did the deed.

As I said, just my opinion.

DS Bray said something along the lines that money that went into Karlie's account consisted of 'wages of a person, fraud, and money from unknown sources'. For all we know, Karlie deposited the $25,000 into her account, rather than carry it around with her. '... unknown sources' suggests to me the police have been unable to determine exactly where that money came from (yet). I'm not saying that is the drug money, just something else possibly worth thinking about. I personally would think it unlikely to deposit drug money into your account, however, who knows the thinking of a naive young woman at the time - she may have thought it was safer to deposit the money into her account than risk travelling around the countryside with it and then had a back of plan to say how the money got into her account, if ever questioned about it. Unlikely, but possible I guess.

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...l-service-area/task-force-mallee#.Vj5jc64rKEI

I can't find the relevant link, but I seem to remember that it was stated that Karlie was killed not that long after she left Alice Springs. If this is correct, the person(s) who murdered her and Khandalyce may have been aware of the large amount of money either on her person, or in her account, and killed her purely from a level of greed, so effectively the money was never used to buy drugs because she was killed before she had the opportunity to buy the drugs and on-sell them, and the person(s) who killed her then spent the money. If Karlie then "disappears" and no-one knows what happened to her, it's a bit hard for the person who initially gave her the $25,000 to find Karlie and make her accountable for where the money went. The drug person may have contacted her "associates" to try to locate her, and the associates may have told some *advertiser censored* and bull story about when they last saw her, and they have no idea where she is (although aware Karlie was deceased because they were instrumental in it).

If Karlie was purportedly involved in selling drugs by means of a group of individuals, which I think someone may have suggested, she may have had an actual "drug ledger" and have been expected to buy the drugs initially with the $25,000 and then on-sell the drugs. If this was the case, she would not be expected to hand back the actual drugs purchased, or the money procured from the drugs straightaway, as she would then spend time selling the drugs and building up a "ledger" of the money gained from the drugs.

Just some general thoughts.

That makes sense and explains why the media have said she never bought the drugs. I feel sure you are right and that most of the money was still in her account when she was killed..

Having the money in Karlies account would have afforded her some protection. Someone would need to be Karlie to get the money out. In theory it better Karlie alive rather than dead to get that money, but maybe Khandalese ended up as blackmail / assurance of sorts.

I wont be surprised if Karlie was driven over.

So someone placed the case out to be found, to send a message to those who knew what would happen if you steal their money.

Someone felt they were safe placing the suitcase beside the road as the DNA was damaged enough that they not be identified. Clothing sent a message to those in the know.

And then 1267 Crimestopper calls later that someone didnt expect

If this is true and to be honest I think there must be some truth in it it still doesn't justify her murder. A few things stand out to me.
She was with DH and had a relationship with him according to the media. DH has refused to speak to police. I wonder how much other evidence there is apart from the phone pings in Bendalong. IMO only is it possible that he did not kill Karlie. He was in a relationship with her and he could of been tagging along. Karlie did have a family history of drug supplying and would of seen or known dealers if she was living with her grandmother. An 80 year old woman would not start selling pot at that age. It must of been ongoing. Could Karlie of been murdered due to this drug debt and they did not kill Khandles as further security. When DH still did not repay the money on her behalf they killed Khandles too. DH being the murderer is questions IMO if thus story is true.

He may of continued to use her identity as he knew if her death was found out for one his life would be in danger and he felt she was to blame so he used her money after her death. Or used her money to help repay the debt as he had organised crime networks after him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't read your post before I posted my last one. Yes, this is a good scenario. I agree this is possible.

If Karlie ever had $25,000, then why was she still driving a 1986 Commodore?

Having the money in Karlies account would have afforded her some protection. Someone would need to be Karlie to get the money out. In theory it better Karlie alive rather than dead to get that money, but maybe Khandalese ended up as blackmail / assurance of sorts.

I wont be surprised if Karlie was driven over.

So someone placed the case out to be found, to send a message to those who knew what would happen if you steal their money.

Someone felt they were safe placing the suitcase beside the road as the DNA was damaged enough that they not be identified. Clothing sent a message to those in the know.

And then 1267 Crimestopper calls later that someone didnt expect

I personally don't hold much on the "run over" principle. Forensics would be able to tell immediately if that was the case from the injuries, which would be very different from "stomped" on - if indeed "stomped" on is accurate in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa