AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is beating my head against a wall, but I still don't understand why, if he really wanted to hide the suitcase, he didn't drive down a side road few hundred metres.
And was the inclusion of the clothing just stupidity? Did it simply not occur to him that those items would make the body identifiable?

I hear you Jane. Loud and clear.

It's just occurred to me that Wallaroo Rd has virtually no mobile coverage..I know this as I have friends living there and in 2008 there would have been no coverage at all..even today there's little if none.

Well, that's very interesting. Thanks for the info ThaiBali. Very interesting indeed. What about Hall? Is there phone coverage there? We have the same problem here. Some areas there's no coverage at all - it's like living in the dark ages. The shooting range we go to has none whatsoever and it's not that far from a town.

BBM

Yes, that is the same info I learned from my friend who works at Telstra. I posted details several threads back.
At the time we were talking about the reported mobile phone pings from Belanglo and my friend said that the accuracy wasn't great and he doubted you could pinpoint a phone ping to inside Belanglo itself.
He used as an example the recent case of a motorists who crashed off a road in the Blue Mountains. Using phone pings the police and rescue people were actually searching for a long time in entirely the wrong area, several kilometres away.
So pinpointing a murder scene from 2008 by phone pings is a very dubious clam IMO.

Yes, I remember the threads about it. This friend said it was only used as a general indication, because it's not accurate. Interestingly too, he also said it was a misnomer that the police use GPS from phones - even if the phone has that capability. I was also surprised when he said the metadata is kept for 10 years - apparently Telstra keep it even longer.

So I'm thinking this very specific pinpointing of time and place for Khandalyce's murder must be surveillance of some sort.
I haven't found a caravan park in Wallaroo, so perhaps DH pulled off the road in a parking bay.
Maybe a patrol noted the car in a parking bay at a specific time, but not there later.
But that still cannot explain how they know Khandles was alive at one time and not alive at another time.
It is really bamboozling!

So I'm thinking this very specific pinpointing of time and place for Khandalyce's murder must be surveillance of some sort.
I haven't found a caravan park in Wallaroo, so perhaps DH pulled off the road in a parking bay.
Maybe a patrol noted the car in a parking bay at a specific time, but not there later.
But that still cannot explain how they know Khandles was alive at one time and not alive at another time.

Yes, it is very bamboozling. I'm now wondering if he was at a specific place where a landline phone was used. The dates quoted by the police (between 2.17am on December 19 and 12:52am on December 20) are on a weekend, too.

Plongi / ThaiBali (or maybe someone else knows), is the Barton Hwy a route that people would take to exit ACT to head to Adelaide? Thanks in advance.

Yes, Barton Highway from the ACT would be the route to take to Adelaide.

Well, that's very interesting. Thanks for the info ThaiBali. Very interesting indeed. What about Hall? Is there phone coverage there? We have the same problem here. Some areas there's no coverage at all - it's like living in the dark ages. The shooting range we go to has none whatsoever and it's not that far from a town.

Hall, is mobile friendly now but not sure about 2008.

Yes, it is very bamboozling. I'm now wondering if he was at a specific place where a landline phone was used. The dates quoted by the police (between 2.17am on December 19 and 12:52am on December 20) are on a weekend, too.

Thanks Panda.
So, just to get this into a format my head can understand, this is a period of approx 21 and a half hours from 2.17am on Friday Dec 19 2008 through to 12.52am on Saturday Dec 20 2008.

Was he in Wallaroo for that entire time?

Something occurred in the early hour of the Friday morning that confirmed DH and Khandles were together. An ATM image? Booking in somewhere? Hard to imagine what it could be in Wallaroo though.

Then, something else occurred 21.5 hours later that showed him without the child.

Thanks Panda.
So, just to get this into a format my head can understand, this is a period of approx 21 and a half hours from 2.17am on Friday Dec 19 2008 through to 12.52am on Saturday Dec 20 2008.

Something occurred in the early hour of the Friday morning that confirmed DH and Khandles were together. An ATM image? Booking in somewhere? Hard to imagine what it could be in Wallaroo though.

Then, something else occurred 21.5 hours later that showed him without the child.

Unfortunately I don't know Jane. All I do know is that the reports are that the police have some sort of indication that the murder occurred between those times in Wallaroo, NSW.

"It’s then alleged Holdom killed Khandalyce while on the way to South Australia in the vicinity of the small NSW town of Wallaroo some time between 2.17am on December 19 and 12.52am on December 20. Police have not released how or exactly where she died."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/body-in-suitcase-daniel-james-holdom-charged-with-killing-khandalyce-stevenson-and-her-mother-karlie/story-fni0cx12-1227645596184

http://www.smh.com.au/national/dani...h-murder-of-two-year-old-girl-20151214-glnnik

The SMH article doesn't specify where she was killed, other than in NSW.

"in the vicinity" makes me think of phone pings i.e. a very broad area. However, if there is no mobile reception, I don't know what else to suggest, other than landline phone data of a specific place. But then again, what does "in the vicinity" mean exactly? Just outside, near the next town, on the outskirts? I can't fathom. From Google Earth, Hall is around 4 clicks from Wallaroo. I'm wondering about the pub at Hall. Does it have accommodation, for example? Is there something with camera footage? Would camera footage still be kept after that length of time? There has to be something that pinpoints those times, but I just can't think what else it may be.

Edit: I'm also wondering if there's any significance that both Karlie and Khandalyce appear to have been murdered on a day which falls on a weekend. Coincidence?

It did occur to me those specific times may have come from bank records from Karlie's card - but I wouldn't have thought there would be anything open at those hours in Hall. Unless there's an ATM? Didn't someone mention an ATM?

I've just had another squizzie at Wallaroo - apparently there are a couple of places for accommodation. One is called Ambledown Brook Accommodation and the other is Surveyors Hill Winery Bed and Breakfast - both listed as being in Wallaroo.

When I had another look at google earth to find out where the accommodation places are in Wallaroo, it seems that Wallaroo Road runs off before the "official" google earth placing of Wallaroo. If you follow that road, the town seems a lot bigger (for example, that is where the Wallaroo Bushfire Brigade is located). There are various roads that run off, so there aren't the dead ends like in the initial search of Wallaroo. So "in the vicinity" could be a lot broader than originally thought.

Sounds a bit like Wynarka in some ways...

Lol just editing this as I originally thought it said "had a Hall" which is the joke about these Mallee towns which sometimes do not even have a pub but always have a Memorial Hall...duh :)

Wallaroo road is just properties on acreage. The nearest town is Hall which is about a 5 min trip. Hall is actually a village so to speak a shop, Dr, bar and a few antique shops, it's about another 6 min to Charnwood. You would have to know the area well to end up there as there's nothing. It's is on the right hand side of the Barton Highway heading south to Melbourne.

Wonder if there is an ATM in/near town?

Maybe an ATM machine in the pub?

Unfortunately I don't know Jane. All I do know is that the reports are that the police have some sort of indication that the murder occurred between those times in Wallaroo, NSW.

"It’s then alleged Holdom killed Khandalyce while on the way to South Australia in the vicinity of the small NSW town of Wallaroo some time between 2.17am on December 19 and 12.52am on December 20. Police have not released how or exactly where she died."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/body-in-suitcase-daniel-james-holdom-charged-with-killing-khandalyce-stevenson-and-her-mother-karlie/story-fni0cx12-1227645596184

http://www.smh.com.au/national/dani...h-murder-of-two-year-old-girl-20151214-glnnik

The SMH article doesn't specify where she was killed, other than in NSW.

"in the vicinity" makes me think of phone pings i.e. a very broad area. However, if there is no mobile reception, I don't know what else to suggest, other than landline phone data of a specific place. But then again, what does "in the vicinity" mean exactly? Just outside, near the next town, on the outskirts? I can't fathom. From Google Earth, Hall is around 4 clicks from Wallaroo. I'm wondering about the pub at Hall. Does it have accommodation, for example? Is there something with camera footage? Would camera footage still be kept after that length of time? There has to be something that pinpoints those times, but I just can't think what else it may be.

Edit: I'm also wondering if there's any significance that both Karlie and Khandalyce appear to have been murdered on a day which falls on a weekend. Coincidence?

Maybe an ATM machine in the pub?

There's one pub in Hall called 'Wood Duck Inn' and very popular which has an ATM. It would be closed at that hour leaving only upmarket B&B's costing $100 + a night for accommodation.
I'd say he murdered Chandalyse and has left her there somewhere and returned to collect her on his way back in the early hours of the 20th -he was at Deakin on the 19th using the ATM machine.
Maybe he sent an sms not realising there was no mobile coverage. I think you can send an sms and it will go through once you are in range. I'm at a total loss with this timing and location being so specific.

Maybe they have CCTV that shows the various comings and goings of guests (if it has accommodation, of course).

There's one pub in Hall called 'Wood Duck Inn' and very popular which has an ATM. It would be closed at that hour. There's no bars in that area and only upmarket B&B's costing $100 + a night.
I'd say he murdered Chandalyse and has left her there somewhere and returned to collect her on his way back in the early hours of the 20th -he was at Deakin on the 19th using the ATM machine.
Maybe he sent an sms not realising there was no mobile coverage. I think you can send an sms and it will go through once you are in range. I'm at a total loss with this timing and location being so specific.

Thanks Panda.

Maybe booking out of/leaving one place with a child and booking in to another place with no child? Or he may have been observed at fuel stops, with and without a child. Time stamps would be on fuel purchases and cameras.

Did he have GPS? we don't know what car he was driving, did he borrow a car or hire one. I can't see him taking Karlie's car back to S.A. so where was it?

Maybe booking out of/leaving one place with a child and booking in to another place with no child? Or he may have been observed at fuel stops, with and without a child. Time stamps would be on fuel purchases and cameras.

Maybe he was a smoker & purchased smokes at a 24hr Servo at 2.17am & then 21.5hrs later needed more smokes, so stopped at the same Servo to get another packet, maybe fuel too for the trip back to S.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11