AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great minds think alike...

Having said all that, Jane - and Puggle - we can call him what we like - suitcase man, suit man, geocaching man - fact is, whatever his name is he declines to come forward.

Yes that fact alone makes him particularly suspicious

And this "new" witness ... if believed has gone back to the spot and found a fly infested tub - Now that is NOT a geocache, that's for certain.

maybe the fly infested black tub and a washing basket were full of bloodied clothes etc which couldnt be crammed into the suitcase?

Great minds think alike...

Having said all that, Jane - and Puggle - we can call him what we like - suitcase man, suit man, geocaching man - fact is, whatever his name is he declines to come forward.

I live in SA and despite what it may seem like reading these boards, there has been very little coverage of this case in the media here.

I saw a friend last Friday who asked what I had been doing and I told him I was absorbed by the Wynarka case.
He didn't know what I meant until I said "the girl found on the side of the road" and then he asked "haven't the police solved it yet?".
He had seen nothing on TV news since the report of the find.

I told him some details and about the man seen carrying the suitcase, which he had not heard about.
Now, this man is married with kids, eats dinner with the TV news on, listens to the radio on the way to work and uses his phone for Facebook, Messenger etc, yet he knew nothing of an appeal for a man seen in Wynarka to come forward.

Thing that gets me ... why has it taken so long for this witness to come forward ... When I have no doubt that all people living out that way would have know about this case and the fact that police have been looking for this 60 year old man..

Something is "off" again for me with these witnesses ...

And the one word I feel that is being drilled into my head is "He was a stranger, not local" ....

The lady doth protest too much, methinks ....

Did the police find a tub and laundry basket just as the witness said? Surely those are odd items to find along a roadside.

Yes Puggle, I think so too.

We can see from the geocaching maps how popular this area is so it's hardly unusual for people to be seen on the roadsides either alone or in groups and quite a distance from their car.

Also. this is not a "stretch of lonely highway" as the Daily Mail says; it is a busy country road within and hours drive of the suburbs.
That's one reason it is popular for geocaching - a short drive and very easy to get there.

Don't forget to that the geocaching activities we can Google are only the open, public ones. In SA there are dozens of private groups who do their own private competitions.

In that case, the people who found what he had left near Wynarka, if that's what he was doing, would be able report the details to police.

This is the new witness who only just came forward recently to say he had seen a man in a suit come out of bushes along the side of the hwy, on the phone. When this witness went back to the spot he saw that man at.... he found a fly infested black tub and a washing basket.

http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/n...in-case-of-missing-girl-in-the-suitcase-21925

So it sounds like he recalled seeing the man and went back to the spot where saw him after the fact? Maybe he went back to investigate after reading/hearing about the girl in the suitcase? Is that everyone is getting out of this?

Thing that gets me ... why has it taken so long for this witness to come forward ... When I have no doubt that all people living out that way would have know about this case and the fact that police have been looking for this 60 year old man..

Something is "off" again for me with these witnesses ...

And the one word I feel that is being drilled into my head is "He was a stranger, not local" ....

The lady doth protest too much, methinks ....

I completely agree.
I find it implausible that, after seeing the perfectly unremarkable sight of a man crossing the road talking on his phone, that the witness returned to the area later and found a tub and a washing basket.

I have often driven similar roads to this one and it is extremely difficult to find a specific spot again.
I once remember searching the roadside near Port Lincoln because I thought I may have lost my sunglasses when we'd earlier pulled over for a child to wee. I have no idea if we ever found the same spot again as they all look the same. We never did find the sunglasses though.

Did the police find a tub and laundry basket just as the witness said? Surely those are odd items to find along a roadside.

They haven't claimed to.

The "tub swarming with flies" may simply be a tub used by rabbit or roo shooters for entrails that bounced off the back of a ute as they drove into the scrub.

Perhaps the laundry basket had a similar purpose, or else just fell from an unsecured load.

I live in SA and despite what it may seem like reading these boards, there has been very little coverage of this case in the media here.

I saw a friend last Friday who asked what I had been doing and I told him I was absorbed by the Wynarka case.
He didn't know what I meant until I said "the girl found on the side of the road" and then he asked "haven't the police solved it yet?".

I told him some details and about the man seen carrying the suitcase, which he had not heard about.
Now, this man is married with kids, eats dinner with the TV news on, listens to the radio on the way to work and uses his phone for Facebook, Messenger etc, yet he knew nothing of an appeal for a man seen in Wynarka to come forward.

Yes, I do remember you saying this before, Jane , and it does make sense to me. I used to be very involved in the Madeleine McCann case - before burnout! - and at that time I used to forget that there were people in this world who were not familiar with the case in all its minutiae. And as we all know, the levels of publicity there were unprecedented, and global.

So I can well believe that someone who may not spend an excessive amount of time on social media, and who is not necessarily watching every news bulletin, may well have missed the snippets that have appeared on TV.

Having said all that, with the passage of time, the likelihood of a person never hearing about the case and the suspect police mention every time they are on the air becomes less and less.

Added to that is the fact that police have doorknocked so many people, and have distributed leaflets very widely. If this is a local crime - as police have hinted at, and they haven't hinted at much else - then the chances of suitcase man being local are also high. Perhaps police have reason to believe he is local and that is what they are getting at.

That's speculation, of course. But overall, I think that in today's world, the chances of someone never hearing of a particular news story which is repeated and repeated over time - and police aren't going to give up on this one - becomes slim.

There is another aspect to it as well, namely the fact that suitcase man was really there in Wynarka. A place which a person visited on probably several occasions, according to what seems to be coming through, is bound to ring bells in a person's head if they catch something about it on TV. I think that if the TV was switched on and suitcase man was watching, then guilty or innocent, his ears would prick up and he would listen.

I thought the media and SAPOL were doing a good job of keeping us updated with info. I hear about it on the radio and tv quite often.
Maybe it depends on what stations you listen to. There is always something popping up on my FB about it as well. :dunno:

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...l-service-area/task-force-mallee#.VdvWNX1LOY4

I was at Spotlight the other day (making a Hawthorn rag wreath for a friend), and when I was getting my fabric cut I asked the middle-aged lady serving me if she had heard of this case, she had vaguely heard of it but didn't know anything about the quilt, she hadn't heard about that or seen it. :dunno: We are in Victoria, and I think this case gets a fair amount of attention on the news, but she hadn't heard much. Anyway, I explained it all to her, I probably went on a bit really :blushing: I'm taking in a large printed out copy of the quilt so she can have a good look, and I'll ask her to stick it up somewhere for others to see.

maybe the fly infested black tub and a washing basket were full of bloodied clothes etc which couldnt be crammed into the suitcase?
Would bloody clothes attract flies 7 years after the murder. The blood would be dried.

Hey, cellphones can be traced :D Or at least if someone used his cell phone at that location, date and time.

I'm curious about whether there is actually reception for the mobile.... between some remote towns there isn't any.... that would clear up whether he could actually have been using the phone there...

Edit:

According to this coverage map, there is no mobile coverage on the highway outside Wynarka... (unless it was a Satellite phone of course).Screenshot_2015-08-25-13-10-37.jpg
http://opensignal.com/coverage-maps/Australia/

So if these sightings are correct. Why in the world would a "clean cut 60 year old man in a suit, carrying a suitcase, and owning a cellphone" be wandering all over the place?

I don't get it either!

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.

I was at Spotlight the other day (making a Hawthorn rag wreath for a friend), and when I was getting my fabric cut I asked the middle-aged lady serving me if she had heard of this case, she had vaguely heard of it but didn't know anything about the quilt, she hadn't heard about that or seen it. :dunno: We are in Victoria, and I think this case gets a fair amount of attention on the news, but she hadn't heard much. Anyway, I explained it all to her, I probably went on a bit really :blushing: I'm taking in a large printed out copy of the quilt so she can have a good look, and I'll ask her to stick it up somewhere for others to see.

That is interesting, isn't it?
You'd certainly expect that people working in fabric stores would have heard of this case, but, As Atara said, many people have no interest.

Yes, mobile reception is fine along all roads from Adelaide to Victoria.

I'm curious about whether there is actually reception for the mobile.... between some remote towns there isn't any.... that would clear up whether he could actually have been using the phone there...

Edit:

According to this coverage map, there is no mobile coverage on the highway outside Wynarka...
attachment.php

http://opensignal.com/coverage-maps/Australia/

Try again - I got the result "better than average".

I originally thought real estate agent, too. Or real estate branch manager. But that makes no sense to me. Real estate agents are constantly yakking it up for leads.

I wouldn't think suits are a prerequisite 'out west'.
I was in real estate sales in rural NSW and the locals didn't appreciate suits and flashy cars. No neckties, local knowledge and a 4 x 4 Landcruiser always hit the bullseye.

Re: the haolailu label - I did find a reference to a chinese website (haolailu.cn) selling children's clothes, but it seems that the domain name was cancelled in about 2007 or 2008 (judging by when it became available for re-purchase). Given what we know about the other labels, it seems possible that most of the clothes (and possibly even the black tutu, as the sequins were a different colour) are all chinese knockoffs of locally available genuine labels. For instance, I bought a pyjama set for my son in 1999 which had satin boxers very similar to those shown with the teddy bears, but the writing on his said: 'when I grow up..' instead of 'baby 2000'. I would have got them from Kmart or Target or similar. Gaf could be a play on Gap, H F looks like a ripoff of Tommy Hilfiger, Miss X I don't know what it could be, and the other labels already say Made in China. Where is the best place near Wynarka to buy such clothes? A local market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuppie143