Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe EP hasn't done anything nefarious, and is thinking "What the heck happened?!"
At this stage we don't know what else was consumed at the lunch, or even if the lunch meal was the cause.
Presumably other food was consumed by the victims on that day.

I'm still far from convinced that she had motive to murder her in-laws. She had been able to move forward from the separation and establish her independence successfully. What would she really have to gain?
IMO there are others who had far stronger motive than she could possibly have.

Something which really strikes me when reading the posts is the comment which she states was made to her by
SP - "is that how you poisoned them?" Please hear me out here. I realise that he would have been distraught about his parents. Nevertheless, that is an unconscionable comment to make to EP IN FRONT OF THEIR CHILDREN. That comment IMO could deeply traumatise them, maybe for the rest of their lives. (I imagine the children could corroborate the statement if necessary.)

I have started to wonder whether EP had found herself in a quite abusive (verbally at least) and emotionally horrible marriage, which had prompted her to separate. I also wonder if her demeanour indicates low self-esteem, and a historical experience of being blamed for things which occur, whatever they may be.

I also am not convinced that SP's illness was necessarily related to ingestion of death cap mushrooms. There may have been some other cause entirely.
I have also wondered whether that illness may have been self-inflicted, and gone awry, with much more serious consequences than expected.
JMO MOO

It is an interesting observation. EP is unusual, but she and SP can be two of a pair What do we know about him, after all? Some people might be suspicious by nature. Others, have a peculiar sense of humor. We really don't know what was said.

Well, not volatile enough not to skip food. Beef Wellington, probably, implies dinner. I assume that there was at least wine served with it. On the other hand, liquor might be tricky (someone could refuse), but convenient as the taste of poison might not be noticeable. This is why i am thinking, whiskey or coffee liquor. Or a cocktail as it is a mixture of god-knows-what to start with. As to the pastor, don't they use blood of Christ on Sundays? It was not a business negotiation, the group ultimately came to announce their opinion. Why am I thinking that the poison was mixed into a drink? Because people will always drink something, if not alcohol, then coffee.
Implies dinner? Do you mean evening meal? I've only read that it was a luncheon, so midday/early afternoon. About communion, I don't exactly remember, but I suspect it was non-alcoholic wine.

Edit, I agree that they would have been drinking some fluid or other.

Implies dinner? Do you mean evening meal? I've only read that it was a luncheon, so midday/early afternoon. About communion, I don't exactly remember, but I suspect it was non-alcoholic wine.

Edit, I agree that they would have been drinking some fluid or other.
A lot of Christians consume juice for communion.

I think the meal was held on the Saturday? I can’t imagine they would be taking communion on a Saturday, but it’s possible.

MOO

It is an interesting observation. EP is unusual, but she and SP can be two of a pair What do we know about him, after all? Some people might be suspicious by nature. Others, have a peculiar sense of humor. We really don't know what was said.
Admin, please delete if not allowed. Both Erin and Simon both still follow each other on Instagram.

Simon follows BOTH of Erin’s accounts.

Presumably they are still friendly or on good terms. Wouldn’t you unfollow if you didn’t want to continue a friendship with the person or there was a lot of animosity in a relationship or friendship?

All imo.

There are many hard-to-explain things in the story, but her not falling seriously ill is not one of them, IMO. Firstly, were there some poison planted by someone else, it might have not been in the main dish at all, but in something more specific that she did not consume. And, secondly - and I am surprised no-one else has mentioned this - whenever (rarely) I cook elaborate meals, I simply cannot eat more than a few bites by the time the meal starts. I just feel so full from the cooking, mostly from being in the smell of the food for a long time (but also might be tasting some stuff and eating some scraps etc).

Does it look suspicos? Of course, like any time that there is a lone survivor of, well, anything. But are there lone survivors of stuff that are not murderers? Yes.

There is a totally different version of why EP didn't get sick, and had she not behaved so suspiciously, I'd consider it a possibility.

Imagine the Petersons and the Wilkinsons stopping by at Simon's place before going to EP. Whatever they consumed could be given with the food they were served at that house, before visit to Erin, and not by Simon.

I simply think that Simon changed plans the last moment because he was not alone. If he had fear of being poisoned by Erin, why send his closest family to the lion's den?

In the neighborhood, Simon is probably considered a soon-to-be-attractive-divorcee. Maybe someone has hope. And then his parents stop by to go with S. to Erin, to discuss the future of his marriage with E. That person, not wanting any Erin, treats them to some poisoned food, S. stays home with the guest, and his relatives depart to Erin.

That person knows that the family will get sick and that Erin will be suspected as the poisoner by Simon. Because Simon, who after hospital stay, was unafraid to be nursed back to health by Erin, suddenly changed his mind and thinks Erin is poisoning him. So this person is framing Erin.
(And maybe is the source of all this unproven information that the newspapers repost?)

I could imagine such a version, if only Erin didn't behave so strangely with the dehydrator and didn't complain of symptoms, too. But, we have heard about her unorthodox thinking, maybe this behaviour is from the same group?

Just an idea.

I think the meal was held on the Saturday? I can’t imagine they would be taking communion on a Saturday, but it’s possible.

MOO
I was replying to:
As to the pastor, don't they use blood of Christ on Sundays?
Yes, communion was Sundays, and the meal was Saturday.

There is a totally different version of why EP didn't get sick, and had she not behaved so suspiciously, I'd consider it a possibility.

Imagine the Petersons and the Wilkinsons stopping by at Simon's place before going to EP. Whatever they consumed could be given with the food they were served at that house, before visit to Erin, and not by Simon.

I simply think that Simon changed plans the last moment because he was not alone. If he had fear of being poisoned by Erin, why send his closest family to the lion's den?

In the neighborhood, Simon is probably considered a soon-to-be-attractive-divorcee. Maybe someone has hope. And then his parents stop by to go with S. to Erin, to discuss the future of his marriage with E. That person, not wanting any Erin, treats them to some poisoned food, S. stays home with the guest, and his relatives depart to Erin.

That person knows that the family will get sick and that Erin will be suspected as the poisoner by Simon. Because Simon, who after hospital stay, was unafraid to be nursed back to health by Erin, suddenly changed his mind and thinks Erin is poisoning him. So this person is framing Erin.
(And maybe is the source of all this unproven information that the newspapers repost?)

I could imagine such a version, if only Erin didn't behave so strangely with the dehydrator and didn't complain of symptoms, too. But, we have heard about her unorthodox thinking, maybe this behaviour is from the same group?

Just an idea.
Yes! Where did they go before lunch at Erin’s house? Where did they go after lunch at Erin’s house? Did they go to Simon’s house for brunch or maybe to a restaurant for dinner?

Hmmmm…. Thank you for suggesting this possibility.

Admin, please delete if not allowed. Both Erin and Simon both still follow each other on Instagram.

Simon follows BOTH of Erin’s accounts.

Presumably they are still friendly or on good terms. Wouldn’t you unfollow if you didn’t want to continue a friendship with the person or there was a lot of animosity in a relationship or friendship?

All imo.

You would think being a grown man he was in the process of burying loved ones and not thinking about unfollowing his Ex Wife on a social media app?!

Of course just My Opinion :D

MOO

I would say most Christians are OK with wine. Some stricter denominations abstain from it, but I haven't lived in the South, and in the Northern states, I'd bet that most Episcopalians are way more anti-pot than anti-wine. I don't know the view of Korumburra Baptist Church, I was thinking along the lines of where to put poison, and what kind of poison. Both of this things (were the Ps anti-wine or not? And, full menu served at EPs house) are interesting.

Theodore Woodward once said, “When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra.”

Another way to put this is 'when you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras.’

What is more common? What is more likely to have happened?

/brilliant.
I've never heard that phrase... but I know I will use it again. And again.

Wouldn’t you unfollow if you didn’t want to continue a friendship with the person or there was a lot of animosity in a relationship or friendship?
Answering this part only, all MOO, you might not unfollow if:

- You wanted to keep an eye on where they were going or who they were spending time with (this is not healthy IMO but people still do it).
- You wanted other people to think you were still on better terms than you really are.
- You share custody of small children and they might expect you would still see what (if anything) the other parent posts about the childrens activities.
- You or the other person or both don't use SM frequently (I haven't seen their SM so not sure if that applies here) and forgot to unlink each other.

Last edited:
You would think being a grown man he was in the process of burying loved ones and not thinking about unfollowing his Ex Wife on a social media app?!

Of course just My Opinion :D
Well, as it stands, he cannot bury his loved ones as their are currently with police, having not been released back to the family yet.

Well, as it stands, he cannot bury his loved ones as their are currently with police, having not been released back to the family yet.

So he then he isn’t mourning and making preparations for funerals and emotionally a mess?

He has accused his ex wife of poisoning his family and then via his friends in an article also said he believes she poisoned him. So I am positive Instagram isn’t a priority right now.

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member