Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if she was tasting her food as she went she wouldn’t be fine considering the others fate and all symptoms match to Mushroom poisoning and she has admitted she used plenty of those.

moo
Not if she did not taste the exact thing the poison was in. Not if she did not taste anything (I suspected I should not have even mentioned tasting or I would get this exact reply).

Frankly, I don't think her being innocent is at all likely, unless maybe if the mysteriously-not-showing-up-at-last-minute hubby is involved. However, I don't like people acting like every little detail around this case is impossible to happen unless she is guilty.

Maybe EP hasn't done anything nefarious, and is thinking "What the heck happened?!"
At this stage we don't know what else was consumed at the lunch, or even if the lunch meal was the cause.
Presumably other food was consumed by the victims on that day.

I'm still far from convinced that she had motive to murder her in-laws. She had been able to move forward from the separation and establish her independence successfully. What would she really have to gain?
IMO there are others who had far stronger motive than she could possibly have.

Something which really strikes me when reading the posts is the comment which she states was made to her by
SP - "is that how you poisoned them?" Please hear me out here. I realise that he would have been distraught about his parents. Nevertheless, that is an unconscionable comment to make to EP IN FRONT OF THEIR CHILDREN. That comment IMO could deeply traumatise them, maybe for the rest of their lives. (I imagine the children could corroborate the statement if necessary.)

I have started to wonder whether EP had found herself in a quite abusive (verbally at least) and emotionally horrible marriage, which had prompted her to separate. I also wonder if her demeanour indicates low self-esteem, and a historical experience of being blamed for things which occur, whatever they may be.

I also am not convinced that SP's illness was necessarily related to ingestion of death cap mushrooms. There may have been some other cause entirely.
I have also wondered whether that illness may have been self-inflicted, and gone awry, with much more serious consequences than expected.
JMO MOO

I also am not convinced that SP's illness was necessarily related to ingestion of death cap mushrooms. There may have been some other cause entirely.
I have also wondered whether that illness may have been self-inflicted, and gone awry, with much more serious consequences than expected.
MSM has published photos of Simon hunting (presumably in Africa? I don’t know), so I’m thinking perhaps he killed some type of meat and ate it, and possibly being unregulated meat it had some sorts of worms or parasites in it, which could possibly account for some of his intestinal issues. His illness seemed to be intestinal, and the way it was reported didn’t seem to be very similar to the illnesses of his poor relatives…but I’m not sure as i haven’t seen his hospital records.

I feel like if this whole family should just purchase their food from a supermarket, moving forward.

IMO

Theodore Woodward once said, “When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra.”

Another way to put this is 'when you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras.’

What is more common? What is more likely to have happened?

Well... I can't really share my theory here because I want to abide by the T&Cs but I've got a couple of ideas.

I'm not quite sure what's happened and look forwards to finding out more. We await the toxicology and forensic evidence in the first instance.

MSM has published photos of Simon hunting (presumably in Africa? I don’t know), so I’m thinking perhaps he killed some type of meat and ate it, and possibly being unregulated meat it had some sorts of worms or parasites in it, which could possibly account for some of his intestinal issues. His illness seemed to be intestinal, and the way it was reported didn’t seem to be very similar to the illnesses of his poor relatives…but I’m not sure as i haven’t seen his hospital records.

I feel like if this whole family should just purchase their food from a supermarket, moving forward.

IMO

Well looks like one of them might be relying on prison food and commissary, moving forwards. But I agree!

Did Simon make that comment in front of their children? Did he make that comment at all or did Erin just say in her statement released to the media, that that is what he said?

BBM

Why would she make that part of the story up as reflects very badly on her that somebody believes she is fully capable of such a vile act?

I think it’s safe to say that there is no love lost between them as he now believes she poisoned him and his his family and also cancelled lunch that fateful day.

imo

there is no love lost between them as he now believes she poisoned him and his his family
Oh I agree. They don’t seem to be on great terms.

It’s a very sad situation. I can’t imagine the extent of Simons grief, or the grief of the children and in fact the entire community.

Often when people are grieving they may look to lay blame, I think that’s just human nature.

Not if she did not taste the exact thing the poison was in. Not if she did not taste anything (I suspected I should not have even mentioned tasting or I would get this exact reply).

Frankly, I don't think her being innocent is at all likely, unless maybe if the mysteriously-not-showing-up-at-last-minute hubby is involved. However, I don't like people acting like every little detail around this case is impossible to happen unless she is guilty.
On their own, it’s possible. Taken together, there would seem to be too many coincidences.

Oh I agree. They don’t seem to be on great terms.

It’s a very sad situation. I can’t imagine the extent of Simons grief, or the grief of the children and in fact the entire community.

Often when people are grieving they may look to lay blame, I think that’s just human nature.
Aren't we discussing poisoning of 4 people?

Maybe EP hasn't done anything nefarious, and is thinking "What the heck happened?!"
At this stage we don't know what else was consumed at the lunch, or even if the lunch meal was the cause.
Presumably other food was consumed by the victims on that day.

I'm still far from convinced that she had motive to murder her in-laws. She had been able to move forward from the separation and establish her independence successfully. What would she really have to gain?
IMO there are others who had far stronger motive than she could possibly have.

Something which really strikes me when reading the posts is the comment which she states was made to her by
SP - "is that how you poisoned them?" Please hear me out here. I realise that he would have been distraught about his parents. Nevertheless, that is an unconscionable comment to make to EP IN FRONT OF THEIR CHILDREN. That comment IMO could deeply traumatise them, maybe for the rest of their lives. (I imagine the children could corroborate the statement if necessary.)

I have started to wonder whether EP had found herself in a quite abusive (verbally at least) and emotionally horrible marriage, which had prompted her to separate. I also wonder if her demeanour indicates low self-esteem, and a historical experience of being blamed for things which occur, whatever they may be.

JMO MOO
i'm with you on the conflicting scenarios... from the get go....

Have you got anybody particular in mind you think might have snuck in and switched them?
Edit: not looking for anything more than a yes or no :)
I’m not sure if there’s any value to a one word yes or no answer in response to another’s post but if we’re going to go there then my answer to the question of whether or not someone purposely sneaked in to EP’s house and switched her stash of mushrooms then my answer is a resounding NO! JMO

Aren't we discussing poisoning of 4 people?
We are…
because the shops don't sell poison mushrooms so people are speculating that she foraged them
of course she's not going to reveal that info
If she foraged for them, it would have been in Autumn 2023 or maybe even Autumn 2022 as that is when Death Cap Mushrooms are in season…it’s August now in Australia, which is the last month of Winter, so presumably if she foraged for D.C. M., she would have done so months ago.

Edit:

Also, and this is bit off-topic: How long do dried mushrooms last? If person of interest Erin allegedly used a food dehydrator to dry the alleged death cap mushrooms, then surely this would have occurred in 2023 and not 2022?

All jmo

Last edited:
Occam's Razor ...
I went in just now to try and add that to my post and of course it was already closed for editing… thank you LadyL!

Ps. I really like your post, but I can’t like your post as my like function on WS is disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77