CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #23

Was someone/anyone against MS receiving several hundred million dollars from HS?
Also, was someone/anyone against HS receiving several hundred million dollars from BS?
There are a number of potential motives in the deaths of Barry and Honey. The desire to exclude the Shechtman family is only one.
For me a set of motives appear that implicate the heirs are.
  • To preclude the Shechtman family from receiving more money, thereby reducing the estate.
  • To receive the inheritance sooner.
  • To sell Apotex.
  • To get control of the Sherman funds and assets.
  • To eliminate repayment of debts to Barry of loans.
  • To preclude Barry funding Frank D'Angelo and others.

Was the “wonderfulness” of the relationship between the Schechtman and Sherman families directly proportional to the amount of money received from the Sherman’s? Because now, we are led to believe there is no money and no relationship.
Honey and Mary had a very close relationship and it seems Barry and Honey were very fond of the Shechtman kids.
It seems that the Sherman kids didn’t want to share anymore
There are a number of potential motives in the deaths of Barry and Honey. The desire to exclude the Shechtman family is only one.
  • To preclude the Shechtman family from receiving more money, thereby reducing the estate.
  • To sell Apotex.
Could not have said it better !

May 19, 2024
1716120409925.png
“My parents were longtime supporters of Humber River Health, and I am proud to build on their legacy of generosity with this gift,” said Alex Krawczyk, daughter of Honey and Dr. Barry Sherman, who established the foundation in honor of her parents. “As a nurse, I am keenly aware of the pressing healthcare inequities facing many people in northwest Toronto and Humber River Health’s important role in addressing them.”

May 19, 2024
View attachment 504560
“My parents were longtime supporters of Humber River Health, and I am proud to build on their legacy of generosity with this gift,” said Alex Krawczyk, daughter of Honey and Dr. Barry Sherman, who established the foundation in honor of her parents. “As a nurse, I am keenly aware of the pressing healthcare inequities facing many people in northwest Toronto and Humber River Health’s important role in addressing them.”
I love that she is doing this. She's donated to a Scarborough hospital and various other worthy hospitals and causes.

• To sell Apotex.
I would personally add (more about timing)
* to fulfill a desire to murder the Shermans, before they sold the familiar house with no security.

JMO

• To sell Apotex.
  • To preclude Barry and Honey giving their inheritance in whole to Charity (as the parents had once revealed to some friends).

• To preclude Barry and Honey giving their inheritance in whole to Charity (as the parents had once revealed to some friends).
Agree and add:
- to preclude Honey from getting her $500m from Barry (potentially to share with Mary)
- to preclude massive spending on the new house
- to preclude the need to pay back existing loans.
MOO

Noting, fwiw..
Sorry to bring back the subject, previously it was difficult to come up with cases involving hitmen who strangle a couple to death.
The accused in this recent double murder in Japan, was a child star.
May 21, 2024
''Between 11:50 p.m. on April 15 and 1:30 a.m. the following day, Kang and Wakayama allegedly strangled the couple to death in the garage of a vacant house in Tokyo's Shinagawa Ward. Sachiko Takarajima also had a scar on her head that showed she had been hit by a hammer, the investigators said.''

• To sell Apotex.
Based on all of the above, who is/are the most likely suspect(s)? In other words, who checks all or most of the boxes?

I would personally add (more about timing)
* to fulfill a desire to murder the Shermans, before they sold the familiar house with no security.

JMO
What about also having the family home totally demolished by destroying any new potential evidence that may have been overlooked? What about doing things that BS and HS would not have approved or ever done?

Last edited:
To prevent HS from having/getting a will? To prevent SL from getting his mortgage discharged by BS that day through DH?
There are many possible motives, although some mentioned don’t seem to involve large enough amounts of money to make someone want to commit murder, given the amount of the Sherman’s wealth. Certainly the cost of the new house or the discharging of the mortgage would seem to not be material financially to the Sherman’s, although to a psychopath who is going to commit murders who knows what would set them off?

There are many possible motives, although some mentioned don’t seem to involve large enough amounts of money to make someone want to commit murder, given the amount of the Sherman’s wealth. Certainly the cost of the new house or the discharging of the mortgage would seem to not be material financially to the Sherman’s, although to a psychopath who is going to commit murders who knows what would set them off?
It would most likely be the sum total of much everything adding up together/accumulating/brewing over time and at that time to offend and set off the offenders. It most likely didn't just happen overnight and was well-planned ahead.
Looks like there were two groups of people in general that BS had given money to:
1) Those who he did not ask them to pay back anything (free gifts/donations, etc.)
2) Those who he wanted them to pay him back fully (lawsuits/loans, etc.)
Makes one wonder what made BS favour # 1 group people over # 2 group people.
Also, most likely that the killers were from # 2 group rather than from # 1 group.

Last edited:
It would most likely be the sum total of much everything adding up together/accumulating/brewing over time and at that time to offend and set off the offenders. It most likely didn't just happen overnight and was well-planned ahead.
Looks like there were two groups of people in general that BS had given money to:
1) Those who he did not ask them to pay back anything (free gifts/donations, etc.)
2) Those who he wanted them to pay him back fully (lawsuits/loans, etc.)
Makes one wonder what made BS favour # 1 group people over # 2 group people.
Also, most likely that the killers were from # 2 group rather than from # 1 group.
BS' loans were not all the same, I think. Sometimes he helped people out of a financial misere, and it looked like a generous donation, but he protected his money/gift with a contract - it seemed to me: without time limit. Then one day many years later BS suddenly felt a reason to demand the "loan" back, and probably it was rarely lack of money, but revenge for something done to BS. He then acted arbitrarily and harshly after previously being unnecessarily generous. - My impression over the years and the episodes.

I believe, HS was always strict on his side, when BS wanted his money back, and she was less on his side (not really at all), when he granted loans. Her sister and family though didn't seem to be affected by this loan-business; HS had certainly taken care of that. - MOO

Also, what about having to stop them before them going to FL, especially BS? Somehow, the new planned plant in FL which was BS's new pet project that was supposed to produce medical fentanyl was not supported by some insiders (officials in Apotex) as well as outsiders (illegal competitors). (Also, it was the killer's only chance to get them both together at their home since HS was leaving to go to FL that week before BS was also going to go later that month.)

Last edited:
Also, what about having to stop them before them going to FL, especially BS? Somehow, the new planned plant in FL which was BS's new pet project that was supposed to produce medical fentanyl was not supported by some insiders (officials in Apotex) as well as outsiders (illegal competitors). (Also, it was the killer's only chance to get them both together at their home since HS was leaving to go to FL that week before BS was also going to go later that month.)
But why kill HS if this was business related? The murderers could have easily killed BS on his own, elsewhere. No one would have assumed that HS would take over the management of Apotex if BS was no longer alive. So I believe she was murdered as well because the killings are related to their personal wealth and their estate.

Last edited:
BS' loans were not all the same, I think. Sometimes he helped people out of a financial misere, and it looked like a generous donation, but he protected his money/gift with a contract - it seemed to me: without time limit. Then one day many years later BS suddenly felt a reason to demand the "loan" back, and probably it was rarely lack of money, but revenge for something done to BS. He then acted arbitrarily and harshly after previously being unnecessarily generous. - My impression over the years and the episodes.

I believe, HS was always strict on his side, when BS wanted his money back, and she was less on his side (not really at all), when he granted loans. Her sister and family though didn't seem to be affected by this loan-business; HS had certainly taken care of that. - MOO
I am not sure I have read or heard from anyone BS demanded the money he loaned to people in need back as a way of seeking revenge. I also don’t think there is anything wrong with having a contract of some sort to protect a loan. Because someone is wealthy doesn’t mean they should not expect to get paid back.
In fact didn’t the person he loaned money to buy a house say that BS only asked for what he loaned him back. The house was worth much more that the loan. He could have asked to split what the house was worth.
I don’t believe it was revenge when he cut his cousin’s off financially. Nor do I think there is anything wrong with him having them sign contracts or be part owner of the homes and cottages he handed over too them. Millions of dollars was handed over to 4 people who had not been productive ever. I would want to make sure the money wasn’t being wasted. I have no doubt that once he was confident they were responsible hard working individuals he would have pulled back. I know many people who help their kids buy homes but have been part owners of the property themselves.
Until they feel that their kids are financially stable they feel that they are protecting their investment. They eventually remove themselves with no debt owed by their kids.
I couldn’t imagine getting large sums of money from someone without there being some kind of contract. I also have never read or heard that he asked for interest on any of the money he gave to people.

May 27, 2024
''York Regional Police and Peel Regional Police have launched a joint partnership on a digital system for storing, searching and comparing crime scene images to criminal booking images (mugshots), using facial-recognition technology.''
Homicide #65/2017
Case #: 2017-3201016
33 Division
VICTIM

Honey SHERMAN​

Murdered on: Dec. 15, 2017

Details of Investigation​

On Friday, December 15, 2017, at about 12:46 p.m., police responded to an emergency call in the area of Old Colony Road & Gerald Street. The victim was discovered inside a residence, suffering from medical trauma and obviously deceased. The victim of Homicide #64/2017, Bernard (Barry) SHERMAN, 75 yrs, was also discovered at the same location, suffering from medical trauma and obviously deceased.''

Homicide #64/2017
Case #: 2017-320101
33 Division
VICTIM

Bernard (Barry) SHERMAN​

Murdered on: Dec. 15, 2017

Details of Investigation​

On Friday, December 15, 2017, at about 12:46 p.m., police responded to an emergency call in the area of Old Colony Road & Gerald Street. The victim was discovered inside a residence, suffering from medical trauma and obviously deceased. The victim of Homicide #65/2017, Honey SHERMAN, 70 yrs, was also discovered at the same location, suffering from medical trauma and obviously deceased.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back