Australia - 7 dead in mass shooting and suicide - Osmington WA - 11 May 2018

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by MelmothTheLost, May 11, 2018.

1. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

Were their previous acts of DV by Peter? Do others describe him as controlling?
    I missed any articles that described him as controlling, abusive or violent.

2. Estelle

Estelle Well-Known Member

I agree with you that Peter Miles has only been described as "controlling, abusive or violent" post killings. Whereas the separated husband was stalking the property in the days leading up to the murders.

Jarrah, sosocurious, Umbopus and 3 others like this.
  3. Banquo's Ghost

Banquo's Ghost Active Member

We don't know of any, or any police records for domestic violence accusations. But DV is often hidden from anyone outside the family so there might not be any public record of it to find.

4. Cath Miller

Cath Miller New Member

I
    I am new to this page, and have not trawled through the 35 pages of commentary, but I would agree with everything you have written here. I do not believe that Peter did it, I saw the family every week and spoke to Cynda at 7pm on the night before she was murdered.

chimpface, nao, Jarrah and 15 others like this.
  5. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Thank you Cath & a warm welcome to you.

Estelle, sosocurious and symbah like this.
  6. they'll get you

Many of us believe the same.
    Thank you.

Jarrah, Estelle, sosocurious and 2 others like this.
  7. Umbopus

Umbopus New Member

I’m very glad to not only find a place where others reflect my beliefs but also where someone is still as concerned months later about this situation as I am. Until I see clear and confirmed evidence to the contrary, I can’t inagine ever changing my mind that AC so obviously did this.

And to Cath, I’m likewise glad to hear someone that knows them strongly believes Peter didn’t do this.

It’s been an awfully long time without any news or update on an inquest etc.

It’s hard enough seeing an abusive ex getting so much sympathy without any accountability, let alone a possible perpetrator getting away with it.

With all the hallmarks of a guilty person though, surely the police are onto him.

Fingers crossed.

Trooper, Jarrah, Estelle and 2 others like this.
  8. they'll get you

It was the town folk who knew and truly believed Mathew Dunbar did not suicide and it was they who shook the tree and eventually convinced the police to look further into Natasha who since has been convicted of his murder.

My point here is if you and any others know anything further, be it conversations prior to the murders or anything then that could sway the police to look further into this horrific crime. The smallest piece could be pivotal.

I agree there’s something that doesn’t sit well with me and many others on this forum, that there was stalking, parking outside the property in obvious sight which equals harassment IMO but unfortunately, if others don’t stand up then the truth will die along with these victims.

Widow told police her partner took his own life

9. Umbopus

Umbopus New Member

Agree. I’m really just some rubbernecker from the other side of the country but I hope some locals are demanding thorough investigation.

Trooper, Estelle and they'll get you like this.
  10. they'll get you

This murder has never sat well with me.

Trooper, Bethan, sosocurious and 2 others like this.
  11. Pi Thoughts

Pi Thoughts Well-Known Member

The family was well-known in the Margaret River region and despite it being almost a year since the seven deaths, the community is still struggling to regain its feet.

Cynda was an active member in the coastal community, volunteering for various groups and often helping locals with gardening, crafts or leading recycling initiatives.

After her death, local community group Transition Margaret River said Cynda had “touched all our lives”.

“We mourn Cynda Miles and her much-loved family,” the group said. “She was always there for us with a big smile and a warm hug, scones, homemade jam, pots of seedlings, baskets of produce, enthusiasm and love.

“She touched all our lives. We will try to pull together to keep her special projects going.”

Mr Miles was also well-known in the area, working as a farm manager and handyman for years and had previously worked at the Margaret River High School farm.

But it was Katrina, an advocate for homeschooling children and a huge support for other parents with autistic kids, that has been especially felt by those in the autism community.

All four of Katrina’s kids had autism and were homeschooled by the West Australian mum.

Community hit by mass shooting crying out

Trooper, sosocurious, Estelle and 3 others like this.
  12. UKslueth2018

UKslueth2018 Well-Known Member

Has the police report now been completed?

I did a quick search and couldn't find much about it past June and the latest article posted above..

sosocurious, Estelle and symbah like this.
  13. they'll get you

Aaron Cockman endured the unthinkable when his four children were killed by their grandfather. He opens up about how he has kept going.

I’ve always been a positive person, but when I was first told the news that my four beautiful children were dead, I fell into a state of shock.

For a couple of months I didn’t go to work.

Mentally I went downhill very fast. People suggested I go to seek help from the doctor, but I knew what an impact not taking care of myself was having on my state of mind.

I knew I wasn’t depressed. I was incredibly, overwhelmingly, sad.

‘Life after my beautiful children were murdered’

14. Grapey

Grapey Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm.

Unsure.
    About this case in general tbh.
    But I guess we aren't privy to many details of the investigation. Maybe then we would understand more, but I just dunno.

Trooper, Estelle, Traymar and 5 others like this.
  15. JLZ

JLZ Well-Known Member

". . . It was the lawyer system that drove events in our family and the terrible financial cost and long timescale of the family court made it so much more stressful for Kat’s family.” . . . “There is one thing, I know, that would have made all the difference: a completely different approach to family separation. One that kept kids and their families away from lawyers and family courts.”
    About – aaron4kids foundation

16. Pi Thoughts

Katrina's brother Neil Miles, who was her remaining sibling after another brother took his own life years before the 2018 tragedy, said the broader family was "still feeling the effects of this terrible incident".

A coronial inquest into the deaths is yet to be scheduled.
    Shock remains for WA mass shooting family - 9News

Trooper, SouthAussie, Traymar and 4 others like this.
  17. Pi Thoughts

The father, who lost his four children in the Margaret River massacre, says he can't leave the town because it holds too many memories.
    On the eve of the first anniversary, Aaron Cockman spoke about how his grief is still as raw as it was almost 12 months ago.
    "I almost don't understand what coping means, when someone asks 'How are you coping?'. Well I'm alive, I'm getting through life," he said.
    I still can't see video footage of the kids yet, I still can't look at photos."
    'I still can't look at the photos'

JLZ and SouthAussie like this.
  18. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Losing one child must be terrible enough. Losing all four must be horrendous. How does a person recover from that?

19. Morrisa

Morrisa Well-Known Member

Baciagalupo, Trooper, JLZ and 2 others like this.
  20. k-mac

k-mac Well-Known Member