Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the threads stormy time, I decided to go and put a colour in my hair that I had waiting for a a month or so.........Am just about to rinse now.......If it turns out ugly, I swear I am going to come after you all for doing this to me......Laughing ;) :)

Dark night?? what was the moon at on that night...anyone know??

Re quote thingy...just click on "quote" tab, that will bring up the post you wish to reply to.

Someone reported there was no moon that night.

anyone else noticed that the mt crosby weir road has been closed since monday - whats that about?

Allison's body was rather high up on the bank, I don't know if tides go up that far.

I suggested the addition of the rain we had but (can't remember who, sorry) another member said they didn't get that much rain out there as we did here in B'field.

I think someone who used to be a resident of the area said it was unlikely there would be enough rain to wash a body down the creek from the scout area, but someone living near the scout camp currently said there was a fair torrent of water coming through on the weekend, if I remember right, and felt it could have transported Allison's body.

The wet mud (which is possibly from receeding flood water rather than tide) looks as though where Allison's body was found could have been a kind of backwash/eddy thing you get happening in swift running water round lines of pylons.

If Allison was thrown from the bridge, the murderer probably wouldn't have risked the fall being the thing that killed her, in case she survived. And if Allison was thrown from that bridge 11 days earlier, it is more likely she would have floated into the Brisbane river, given there is no mention of the body being weighed down.

Based on what's been said and the amount of effort put into searching upstream, it's possible the murderer hid her body upstream and the unexpected amount of rain deposited her body where it was found.

I can't remember what those banks usually look like from the tidal variation on that creek but Alicat or other locals out Karana Downs way may be able to confirm if the amount of muddy bank there is more than usual, and if it seems related to flood water rather than normal water levels.

It appears that Century 21 at Taringa have deleted their 'Meet the Team' section. No profiles appearing now.

Regarding the location of the body on the creek bank in relation to the bridge, it is on the outbound lane side on the entry end, ie. the first place you would stop if you were heading from Brookfield. As I mentioned in previous posts, although it would be risky, late at night there is not much traffic and I imagine it would be possible to stop in the middle of the road and quickly drop the body over the edge. The guardrail is just two horizontal metal rails, so you would not even have to lift the body over, just slide it through. As I also suggested earlier, dropping the body from height into the sticky mud on the bank may be enough for it to stick in place and not wash away, even if the tide rose. The location of the body just corresponds too precisely with the road for me to believe it was moved any great distance by the water.

Am I right in thinking that the BCs went and collected the cards/tributes outside the home? As most would be addressed to Allison and the girls, I would have thought it would have been more appropriate for this to have been done by the Dickies? Maybe, some of the cards were not very positive towards the BCs?

I don't know if this was reported by the police or the press, but there seem to have been "drag marks" in the area below/near the beige. I believe the intention was to hide the body, in the hope it was not discovered in a long time. Pitty for the perp that some people use the creek for canoeing!

I don't think the drag marks would have survived 11 days (either due to tides or the heavy rain over the weekend before Allison was found). The body was possibly near the bridge because of the way flood waters 'swirled' around the pylons, but that's a bit hard to tell from the photo or information available. Or maybe stuck in the mud for 11 days as Juno said, but I can't picture her body landing from that impact and remaining there - and seems the autopsy hasn't found any broken bones.

Am I right in thinking that the BCs went and collected the cards/tributes outside the home? As most would be addressed to Allison and the girls, I would have thought it would have been more appropriate for this to have been done by the Dickies? Maybe, some of the cards were not very positive towards the BCs?
I heard one of the cards called them a bunch of tools and told them about this forum, I wonder if any of them are on here.

If Allison was thrown from the bridge, the murderer probably wouldn't have risked the fall being the thing that killed her, in case she survived. And if Allison was thrown from that bridge 11 days earlier, it is more likely she would have floated into the Brisbane river, given there is no mention of the body being weighed down.

When the search was first started & for quite a few days into that search, police were saying "we don't believe she's met her demise". With one of the family mentioning "she was depressed", Allison wearing running shoes....could they have tried to portray her as having walked off into the night with the intention of committing suicide. IF the body was found earlier, well, they could say she jumped??

Maybe I'm having an overly active imagination thing going on at the moment.

Yes, the flowers and cards were collected by his parents. I doubt anyone would have written anything nasty in a card.

I don't think the drag marks would have survived 11 days (either due to tides or the heavy rain over the weekend before Allison was found). The body was possibly near the bridge because of the way flood waters 'swirled' around the pylons, but that's a bit hard to tell from the photo or information available.

Good point, however some locals reported little rain around that area on those days. I'm inclined to believe she was placed there or thrown over the railings.

Yes, the flowers and cards were collected by his parents. I doubt anyone would have written anything nasty in a card.

Thanks caseclosed. I hope not. I was wondering if some of them might have eluded to who may be guilty and wanting justice, not in a nasty way, but in a way that the BCs might not want sitting on the sidewalk for all to see, or they collected them just in case.

Yes you are right in thinking that. There was footage of the mother BC doing so. I did think it a little strange when I saw it. I hope people were sensitive about what they wrote in the cards. I'd imagine people are adult enough to focus on well-wishes rather than nastiness (maybe that's my wishful thinking). I'm sure the 3 little girls would feel very hurt to read unkind comments about their family-no matter how kooky they may be. I'm sure most of us have embarrassing family members!

... police were saying "we don't believe she's met her demise".

You're right, it seemed unusual they publicly stated they thought Allison was possibly still alive. That is a lot different to the usual 'we have grave fears for her safety'. It would be interesting to know what that was based on. Or maybe it was meant to prompt the killer to go back and check they had actually killed her, if they thought the attack may have been disturbed. If they had a good idea who the killer was, this would allow them to track them to Allison's location,maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat