Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.news.com.au/national/baden-clay-arrives-at-police-station/story-e6frfkvr-1226342226057

"The girls emerged from the service at the Ashgrove Baptist Church in Queensland with balloons, one inscribed with the message: "Dear God, make shore (sic) that mum is safe".

Hmmm.
We do wonder what they are being told about mummy's alleged depression, etc. When they grow into adults and develop the ability to think critically, then they will question what they have been told. Most likely they will want to explore, for themselves, what happened to their loving mother. Hypothetically, they may grow to dislike the 'church' if associated with 'mistruths' they discover about their mother's disappearance.

Former ex-President Jimmy Carter left the Baptist Church in 2009 because of the way they treated women.

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/losing-my-religion-for-equality-20090714-dk0v.html

The Australian Bapitists Union was founded in the tradition of the Southern Baptists of the USA, to which Carter belonged.

http://www.bwa-baptist-heritage.org/bua-sum.htm

I have to say I am not trying to smear Baptists as I would never tar all with one brush however, as in any Church, there are always those capable of taking the letter of Church law to the end extreme.

Where there is lattitude given for certain behaviour (in this case accepted view of women as second class citizens in the church hierarchy), there is a risk that it will be taken advantage of by overly pious bastards looking for a way to vent their frustrations.

IMHO

I am sure this link would have been posted previously but I haven't seen it here. This video clearly shows where the body was located can anyone capture stills from it and post?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nltYzlLa3bk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nltYzlLa3bk[/ame]

‘‘I’ll certainly be more understanding in the future when I come home from work and find that dinner isn’t on the table and my foot-spa pre-warmed,’’ he writes.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...ing-husband-20120512-1yj5w.html#ixzz1xMJ0YtzY

Thanks DZ. I have gone back and read this article again.

Some insights into his life with his wife can be found in a series of blog posts the Herald located on his business website from his times at work and with Allison in 2008.

So from what I can gather from reading, the blog was for his business website. Which leads to me thinking of the public vs private persona.

GBC wrote that he emphasises not empathizes.
To engage with their children to emphasise with their wife and partner. Several more spelling mistakes but then he uses the words whilst.

He looked after the girls while she was away. Tough job if you are not used to ballet buns, shoes, organizing snacks for all the kids while driving them to all their classes. Plus homework!!

Now, I am not being mean here but if he really did the after school activities why would he later say he understands if his footbath is not ready for him?

My thought is did he write this blog or did others help with the persona? Is he keeping up with the Jonses by writing my wife can do everything.. Kids, home work and still treat me like a king. All accounts say she was a devoted mother and I believe this. Was she also under pressure to also be the perfect wife?

RIP Allison

I understand what some posters are saying re:duty of care and police not leaving until sighting Allison but as you have suggested perhaps they trusted GBC for whatever reason and perhaps as some have suggested the neighbors are so far away that they could not pinpoint exactly where screams had come from so they had no real evidence that it was definitely from Baden Clay house and they were just visiting houses in the vicinity.

thats true...Berry only spoke yesterday of situations where the police have arrived at a domestic dispute, known the male involved ( in this case, he was an officer too), and took his word for it that the woman was fine...'post natal' they just accepted this as he was connected through work and maybe a friend too?
So it he was trusted by them or known to them, maybe they would let it slide. However, if he had any history of domestic violence, I can't see it being likely
MOO

Originally posted by Timmy
What about the above scenario BUT... By the time the police arrive (after being called by neighbors) Alison is already dead. When police arrive,GBC says 'No officer-no disturbance here. I'm on my own. My wife has just gone out for a walk.' Then has to wait some time to call family members to come and assist in cover up and hatches plan of supposed suicide. Then has to call police in morning to say that she didn't return from her walk and this is why police are immediately suspicious. IMO

Timmy your idea could explain why there were the two stories about being out at 10pm and also walking next morning.

However, wouldn't the police at least want to talk to Allison on the phone that night (and the chance of her not taking her phone would be slim) to verify his story and make sure she was safe? Just a thought.

Former ex-President Jimmy Carter left the Baptist Church in 2009 because of the way they treated women.

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/losing-my-religion-for-equality-20090714-dk0v.html

The Australian Bapitists Union was founded in the tradition of the Southern Baptists of the USA, to which Carter belonged.

http://www.bwa-baptist-heritage.org/bua-sum.htm

I have to say I am not trying to smear Baptists as I would never tar all with one brush however, as in any Church, there are always those capable of taking the letter of Church law to the end extreme.

Where there is lattitude given for certain behaviour (in this case accepted view of women as second class citizens in the church hierarchy), there is a risk that it will be taken advantage of by overly pious bastards looking for a way to vent their frustrations.

IMHO

I am also not in any way smearing any churches...but I have observed where there are those as you mention who take the letter to the extreme in many areas...IMO they use it as an excuse for their behaviour not because of any Christian belief...It allows them in their minds to justify themselves...

Thank you.
Seems that how he felt in 2008....it was on his 21 C website.

COMMENT: The pinnacle of Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth's distinguished police career will be the arrest of the person or persons responsible for the murder of Allison Baden-Clay. His confidence in a resolution of the investigation provides much-needed comfort for Allison's family and the people of Queensland who so desperately want the killer brought to justice as a matter of absolute priority. With Commissioner Bob Atkinson taking a personal interest in the finalisation of this crime investigation, Mark Ainsworth's team of crack investigators at Indooroopilly Police Station are likely to soon put the final piece of the jigsaw into place.

http://www.paulgtully.blogspot.com.au/
Just a thought, The article states that Commissioner Bob Atkinson is taking a 'personal' interest in this case. Should it read that he is taking a 'professional' interest in this case. Remember an earlier rumour on this forum that NBC attended scouting/masonic committees with Comissioner Bob Atkinson? Given this alleged association, it would be helpful if the author clarified what he means in this article. This case seems to have become more complex than originally thought.
If Commissioner Bob Atkinson is directly involved in this criminal investigation, above Ainsworth, does that mean that more powerful 'legal powers' have been brought into play here, which was alluded to in the PTully article discussed on the previous thread? Hypothetically, if more than one of those involved were seeking 'immunity' that would create a huge slow-down in the Attorney-General office, the DPPs office and in the resolution of the criminal investigation - if this were so. Hypothetically, if involved as accessories, those with dependant children/families, I would imagine, have much to lose. Seeking 'immunity' may offer them the only way they could get a reduced sentance. Just some speculation for further thought. Are there any Legal posters knowledgeable on 'immunity' who could elaborate on the implications for accessories seeking immunity?

WHere was Pastor Ian on the night Allison disappeared?

A Baptist wedding would explain a dry wedding IMO (Mr Google backs me up on this)

Don't know ... one poster (who said she was a police officer for 10 years) I think indicated previously that if there is a call to a DV incident, the police will not leave until they ensure everybody is okay. Also, in the last thread, another poster indicated they had not said the police officer being stood down was one of the officers involved in this investigation.

IMO Allison was still alive and (outwardly) well when the police left (if in fact there was a call that Thursday night, which I believe is quite feasible).

If the police did attend the BC residence on the thurs night, why has it not been reported as part of the regular story? I'm not sure why this would be omitted or banned from inclusion?

Timmy your idea could explain why there were the two stories about being out at 10pm and also walking next morning.

However, wouldn't the police at least want to talk to Allison on the phone that night (and the chance of her not taking her phone would be slim) to verify his story and make sure she was safe? Just a thought.

This is snipped from the Qld police website in duty of care in a DV
http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/cscp/dv/Response.htm

What will police do?

When police officers arrive at a domestic or family violence incident their first priority will be the safety of the people involved.

Police are allowed to enter a residence when there is*domestic violence occurring and search the premises where the domestic and family violence incident occurred. This ensures that any people remaining at the property are safe from any further harm and violence and also to obtain any evidence necessary to ensure appropriate action is taken.

IMHO all people employed by the government are aware of the amount of paperwork involved in their job. I assume if they did not follow procedure their paperwork would be more time consuming than not ascertaining all people are safe.

There has been some discussion re: police needing to sight Allison,but some of us have wondered whether police called out may have been 'buddies' with GBC and therefore trusted him when he said 'all was fine' or words to that effect and not followed up as well as they should have. IMO

Thanks DZ. I have gone back and read this article again.

Some insights into his life with his wife can be found in a series of blog posts the Herald located on his business website from his times at work and with Allison in 2008.

My thought is did he write this blog or did others help with the persona? Is he keeping up with the Jonses by writing my wife can do everything.. Kids, home work and still treat me like a king. All accounts say she was a devoted mother and I believe this. Was she also under pressure to also be the perfect wife?

RIP Allison

Respectfully snipped Flinders.

Allison's parents and friends have alluded to the fact that she was a perfectionist in many ways, with her dance, earlier career, even her outward appearance. Her friend Kerry-Anne said she always looked good, even when she felt bad. Sorry no link on hand so I'll MOO.

I wouldn't be surprised if both Gerard, and even herself maybe, put serious pressure on for her to be the perfect wife.

One thing I can guarantee - she wouldn't have felt like the perfect wife a lot of the time, considering her husband had another woman for much of the last few years. How awful she must have felt :(

A Baptist wedding would explain a dry wedding IMO (Mr Google backs me up on this)

A close relative of mine was married in the Baptist Church and had a dry wedding. This person does have "a beer" on occasion but it is not a part of their lifestyle.

The CM's latest story smacks of desperation. Even if the pastor hadn't written this SIX WEEKS ago, it is still of the "Someone in the Baden-Clay family said something - wrap a story around it!" mould. Do newspapers really think readers are so stupid? I guess so. The irony is that it's the CM that looks stupid for not seeing that the pastor was really having a go at the media for trading in the rumours and gossip, not at the rumour mill itself. MOO.

Was this after GBA's interview where he made himself look guilty? Perhaps that is the reason for this and why they have decided to stay quiet.

This is snipped from the Qld police website in duty of care in a DV
http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/cscp/dv/Response.htm

What will police do?

When police officers arrive at a domestic or family violence incident their first priority will be the safety of the people involved.

Police are allowed to enter a residence when there is*domestic violence occurring and search the premises where the domestic and family violence incident occurred. This ensures that any people remaining at the property are safe from any further harm and violence and also to obtain any evidence necessary to ensure appropriate action is taken.

IMHO all people employed by the government are aware of the amount of paperwork involved in their job. I assume if they did not follow procedure their paperwork would be more time consuming than not ascertaining all people are safe.

Key point to note here: This ensures that any people REMAINING .... Are safe. If Allison wasn't at the home would she be presumed safe?

A close relative of mine was married in the Baptist Church and had a dry wedding. This person does have "a beer" on occasion but it is not a part of their lifestyle.

My understanding is that GBC and Allison attended the Anglican church on Moggill rd, regularly (where Reverend Bell is based). I read this in an article so there should be a link somewhere. This is why Rev Bell officiated at Allison's funeral - she knows them quite well. For a few weeks after Allison died, their sign out on moggill rd read "we grieve for Allison". So, I don't think they are baptist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member