Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the trust fund for the girls to attend Ipswich Girls Grammar School. I am certain that IGGS, like most private schools, has a scholarship system in place and would under these tragic circumstances provide free schooling for the girls. I've seen this happen before upon the sudden death of a parent, and I have no doubt they would do this. The trust fund monies could then be used for their university education. After all IGGS has received very favourable press over the past few weeks regarding Allisons education there.

Ive got to thinking about the position of Allisons body also. It would make sense if he stopped in the middle of the bridge, the body would have ended up directly in the middle probably in the water. However if there are blind corners or he didnt want to tak the chance someone would come along, it would be less suspect if he pulled off the road, a little after the bridge and carried her back and put her over the edge as soon as he estimated there would be a drop. Does anyone know if there is anywhere you can pull over to the side after the guard rail ends?

From memory there is a place you could pull over heading outbound just before entering the bridge (does that make sense?). It looks like people may pull over there regularly (maybe to go fishing or crabbing?). From memory on the other side of the bridge there is nowhere to pull over. The river side of the road is quite bushy and steep in some sections.

Regarding the trust fund for the girls to attend Ipswich Girls Grammar School. I am certain that IGGS, like most private schools, has a scholarship system in place and would under these tragic circumstances provide free schooling for the girls. I've seen this happen before upon the sudden death of a parent, and I have no doubt they would do this. The trust fund monies could then be used for their university education. After all IGGS has received very favourable press over the past few weeks regarding Allisons education there.

I was thinking that maybe an Allison Baden Clay memorial scholarship might be a nice idea not just for her daughters but for other girls whose families may not be able to afford tuition at the school. Completely irrelevant I know...

This is interesting - but would be interested in any possible conclusions people might glean from it. It says:

"Traffic was stopped for about 20 minutes on Friday night so police could time a white vehicle going around the Kenmore roundabout, and driving up Brookfield Rd, where the victim lived."

So I wonder if they are thinking about the vehicle driving from the roundabout to their home, or to the roundabout from their home? Obviously the time taken is exactly the same, but just wondering (as usual) what the reasoning is - why the actual time is so important? I suppose piecing together other facts such as mobile phone records etc gives them a way of narrowing down when she died and when her body was dumped.

The whole issue of the roundabout is interesting, because if she was killed at her home and the body taken to Kholo Creek the back way from there, the murderer would never have gone anywhere near the roundabout.

Unless she did definitely go to a hairdressers at Kenmore Village, and they have already found out the finishing time of the appointment from the hairdressers, and now are trying to ascertain what time she would have got home.

if she did actually have a hair appt, she may have gone on to meet friends and have a drink afterwards instead of going straight home. her driving may have been erratic, which has shown on the cctv. he may have been outraged she got home so late and it escalated from there?

This is my first time posting like many I have been watching this forum from the beggining. So many interesting theories. Like most I have been consumed by this case and feel so anxious that justice be found for Allison. I feel sick with worry that a conviction might not happen. While I also feel that it is not looking good for GBC I can't help but hope this isn't the case for the sake of the three girls. I'm wondering who else could possibly be of interest to the police? It is so hard to not only put theories out about GBC as no other possible info has been made public. Has there been any rumours about anyone else that GBCor ABC might have had problems with that anyone has heard. I'm wondering what some possible twists could be we haven't thought of??

I was thinking that maybe an Allison Baden Clay memorial scholarship might be a nice idea not just for her daughters but for other girls whose families may not be able to afford tuition at the school. Completely irrelevant I know...
That is an excellent idea as well and one that will surely happen.

LOL! TRUE!!! I just had a moment of panic and called my mum for Mother's day when i read your post....then called dad to tell him off for telling me it's next week. THEN I continued reading. WOOOPS!!!!

A couple of observations from posts today:

1. If Allison's body was thrown from the bridge, won't there have been some signs of trauma e.g broken bones etc

2. The roundabout question - I like Zorro's post above. If Allison' s body was dumped further upstream then Kholo Creek, where would the roundabout take you or bring you back from. Not a local and don't know all of the short cuts around Kenmore/Brookfield.
Perhaps on the CCTV footage the car appears to go round the roundabout a number of times. or consecutively and the police are trying this out, or perhaps it was stopped for some time. The roundabout question is intriguing.

3. Does anyone know who picked up Allison daughter's on the Thursday afternoon? If she was at the hairdressers, was Gerard looking after them that evening. Real Estate agents do work long and odd hours to fit in with their clients, just wondered if that could an argument trigger, he missed a sale because of child minding duties.

4. The "kiss" I think is MRS BC way of saying "blow you all", she is playing up to the camera's and loving the exposure. Just a by side, the photo of the BC snrs on her husband's facebook page bears little resemblence to the lady shown in the media photos

As I sit up happily in my bed, surrounded by my children on this Mothers Day, I am overcome by a wave of grief for Allison, her children and her parents. This will be an especially hard day for them. She should be with her family right now and someone has taken that away from them all.

This whole site is full of missing children and their parents, it's just so sad. May they ALL get justice.

It's not Mother's Day is it?

Yeah I agree in regards to him having the kids, they would deem him as not at risk of harm. It never surprised me that they're with him.

I agree. In fact I would be more surprised if they WEREN'T with him. People are entitled to a presumption of innocence! Im sure his daughters would be most upset by any further destabilization too. Like others have said, I think we should all keep in mind that we should try to stick to known facts without being prejudicial. I'm sure no one here wants to jeopardise the chance of a fair trial and wild speculations based on nothing but imagination is only fueling the rumour mill, not helping anything.

This is my first time posting like many I have been watching this forum from the beggining. So many interesting theories. Like most I have been consumed by this case and feel so anxious that justice be found for Allison. I feel sick with worry that a conviction might not happen. While I also feel that it is not looking good for GBC I can't help but hope this isn't the case for the sake of the three girls. I'm wondering who else could possibly be of interest to the police? It is so hard to not only put theories out about GBC as no other possible info has been made public. Has there been any rumours about anyone else that GBCor ABC might have had problems with that anyone has heard. I'm wondering what some possible twists could be we haven't thought of??

They have interviewed a female ex-colleague of GBC's three times.

1. If Allison's body was thrown from the bridge, won't there have been some signs of trauma e.g broken bones etc

Good point, I believe its been stated there was no obvious signs of damage.

2. The roundabout question - I like Zorro's post above. If Allison' s body was dumped further upstream then Kholo Creek, where would the roundabout take you or bring you back from. Not a local and don't know all of the short cuts around Kenmore/Brookfield.
Perhaps on the CCTV footage the car appears to go round the roundabout a number of times. or consecutively and the police are trying this out, or perhaps it was stopped for some time. The roundabout question is intriguing.

3. Does anyone know who picked up Allison daughter's on the Thursday afternoon? If she was at the hairdressers, was Gerard looking after them that evening. Real Estate agents do work long and odd hours to fit in with their clients, just wondered if that could an argument trigger, he missed a sale because of child minding duties.

4. The "kiss" I think is MRS BC way of saying "blow you all", she is playing up to the camera's and loving the exposure. Just a by side, the photo of the BC snrs on her husband's facebook page bears little resemblence to the lady shown in the media photos

Re: their PDA... Im starting to think thats just how they are. The profile pic on Facebook is um... interesting... is it common you see older people going for professional photos together? I personally wouldnt, and cant say I know anyone of that age who has, but I guess that doesnt make it "strange" just different to what people I know are like...

She may have broken bones. That wouldn't have been determined until autopsy. The state of the body would make outward signs of trauma very difficult to detect.

I wonder how the police are managing the updates to the family. Would they be required to pass on all info to both families? If he was a person of interest, but not yet arrested, how would they go balancing the right of a family to know how the case is progressing, versus not giving too much away if member/s of the family were part of the investigation. I don't know whether GBC is asking for updates, but if he is, that would be a tricky situation for the police.

I am also new to this forum - I have been very interested in this case. Both professionally & personally.
There are some things I feel are important.
* the Baden-Clay family are socially well-heeled. The demographic of the area is a higher socio economic group. Appearances are everything. One's "name" is everything.
* I believe that the BC family would do all they could to "protect their own". More so than a family less concerned with how things "look" than how things are. This is sociology 101. When people have a "name" it is often harder to see that name sullied.

There seems to be some confusion around weather Allison and her husband were living together. There is also suggestion if they were they were living together they were not sharing a bedroom.

I feel sure there is a third person involved. The office of the woman he allegedly was or had been in a relationship with is located near to that roundabout.

I think this is a crime of passion. That this woman was somehow involved in the death of Allison. There was a statement in the press that there were no obvious signs of harm. Her body if it had been in water for some days would not be in a state that this statement would be made. This leads me to believe the body did not float downstream or was washed down stream. It would suggest that the body was in that position from either being thrown over the edge of the bridge or from being placed there. Either by boat or by carrying her through the scrub. An average 60kg woman would not be easy to carry through the scrub. From where the body was positioned on the photos it would seem unlikely that she was thrown over.

I suggest that she was somehow drugged or knocked unconscious - & perhaps roused at the point of the roundabout - thus the car "behaving strangely". At this point someone needed to assist - weather it was GBC and his father or GBC alone... OR someone we don't yet know of...

If GBC has a history of DV it would make sense that he "went too far"... I still believe if this is the case he didn't act alone.

There is a piece to this puzzle that is not yet apparent. I do believe the "other" woman is somehow involved in this.

She may have broken bones. That wouldn't have been determined until autopsy. The state of the body would make outward signs of trauma very difficult to detect.

Even in an advanced state of decomposition, broken bones are easily identified. The forensic investigators that would have been on site prior to her remains being removed would have been able to identify broken bones very quickly as this is something they do every day. They would not have had to wait for the autopsy to establish this fact.

As mentioned in my previous post, I work in a funeral home and we deal with these types of things on a daily basis so I am talking from experience.

I never thought of that he might have told them he got home at a certain time. Or if she got home sometime during the day/afternoon they might know roughly what time it was that the car went through the roundabout (if it was their car). It might have come up with a time on the camera. Then again i wouldn't know because i don't know much about them cameras

Yes, as I mentioned earlier, this could all be a way of simply catching him out in a lie. If he has lied once (eg about timing/his whereabouts), then he is hiding something.

The point of the roundabout and "acting strangely"... Perhaps she (the woman if she was driving the car) pulled in to her office and exited incorrectly thus "driving strangely"... Or perhaps ABC went to the woman's office and confronted her - though she doesn't seem to fit the profile of a woman who would do this.

I do believe the woman has a part to play in this story...

That is absolutely correct. Fractures are quite easily identified. I don't believe she was thrown from the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa