Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO GBC contacted his parents with some kind of garbled message or text about Allison being gone at some time during the night. NGB decided to pull in the big guns in terms of legal representation. Maybe the children themselves decided to quickly call in to say hello to mum before they went to school and ended up in a nightmarish scenario and put GBD deeper in the proverbial.

Yeah - I remember Maverick.au's post about something in the back of the car - I have searched , and it is gone. This is another thing that put the police on to GBC immediately, according to Mav. Maverick.au's and Bayside's posts reassure me, as much as Mark A's statements do. The police know who did it - and they will get him!

I cannot put in to words the respect I have for our police force. Not only do they risk their lives in the line of duty, but imagine the impact of cases like this on the lives of all involved! not only on them - on their families, too. I know how this case has affected me - desperate for justice for Alison. The police have handled this so well - I have every faith in them; they will catch the people that committed this horrific crime. They have handled this case so well - they have done an amazing job!

I am pretty sure the post stated blood was found in the car...not sure if location noted

Wow. Who spiked the koolaid this time?

OK so... let's get this straight?

So. Hypothetical. I've just done the most horrible reprehensible thing that will make everyone I know loath me and see me jailed for life. I want to conceal this and hide the evidence.

So I ring around at midnight - hey can I borrow your trailer mate? Just for an hour or two?. Cue lots of driving with a noisy trailer in and out of at least two suburban homes and around a scenic fishing spot in the middle of the night.

OK sorted. Then I work out my cover story "Went to bed at 10pm. Call cops to say wife missing in morning."

But wait, there's more. To make this look natural I call a criminal lawyer and manage to get him out of bed, drive for an hour and be at my house before I call the cops...to just report someone missing. Cos criminal lawyers all publish their home numbers and love nothing more than getting out of bed at bizarre-o-clock in the morning on a weekday. And cos that won't look suss or nothing...

But as it turns out the cops think something's weird cos the lawyer is there. But he's such a hotshot criminal lawyer it never occurs to him that his presence might raise suspicion and destroy the cover story? Right...

Oh and the kids who went for a sleepover, to make things easier on a busy morning, come back home before going to school? Cos yeah that makes things easier.

I thought the boat theories and canoeist conspiracies a few days ago were bad enough, but this is just getting surreal :)

Haha! I like you too - love your sense of humour.

The thing is, why bring the kids home that morning? Allison was going to West End. She would have had to leave the house long before they were due at school - Western Suburbs traffic is horrendous! Took me 50 mins to get from the well known Kenmore roundabout, in to city the other day! So if they were at a sleepover ( we were told it was the BC's - why wouldn't they drop them straight to school?) because it was to make it look like they had been home all night - who would do in their wife if kids were home? And even if daddy was dropping them to school why the need to lie and say they were there all night? Oopsy - little girl told the police the truth - little kids in general are very honest - just can't keep secrets!

Brookielocal has given us good info - she told us Allison was at hairdressers and kids at sleepover before it came out in the press. So if she says lawyer was there first thing I'd put money on it she is right.

"...a black and white portrait of Allison so beautiful it looked like a film still from an MGM classic."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...neral-in-ipswich/story-e6freoof-1226353391895

The photo of Allison on the cover of the memorial booklet is truly beautiful. I think this photo was taken from a portrait of her and Gerard celebrating their engagement. We should be respectful when discussing him because whether we agree or not, this man was the man she loved, the father of her children (the three little girls she loved above anyone else) and was most likely a core part of the many of her happiest and most treasured memories. Until we know for sure who is responsible for her death (which will be after an arrest and trial) can we refrain from the use of terms such as "it'' when referring to GBC? I don't disagree that the perp (whomever it proves to be) is disgusting and cowardly and I am not trying to antagonise anyone. I just felt a feeling of disrespect (for Allison) reading through some of the earlier posts questioning her choice of a life partner and how he was being referred to. Clearly from this picture you can see how much in love she was and how excited she was about the life ahead of her.

Wow. Who spiked the koolaid this time?

So. Hypothetical. I've just done the most horrible reprehensible thing that will make everyone I know loath me and see me jailed for life. I want to conceal this and hide the evidence.

So I ring around at midnight - hey can I borrow your trailer mate? Just for an hour or two?. Cue lots of driving with a noisy trailer in and out of at least two suburban homes and around a scenic fishing spot in the middle of the night.

OK sorted. Then I work out my cover story "Went to bed at 10pm. Call cops to say wife missing in morning." ..........

I thought the boat theories and canoeist conspiracies a few days ago were bad enough, but this is just getting surreal :)

^^^ ba ha ha

I'm popping round to Gerards to see if I can borrow the trailer, if he still has it

If a person is in someway involved in the death of another, but which falls short of an intentional killing, then the police are not their friend. The police will almost certainly do everything they can to establish intention, and that is their job. But when the alternatives are a couple of years in prsion versus at least 15yrs, then a lawyer will advise their client that the best course of action is to leave it to the police and the DPP to try and prove every element of the offence, including intention. In the public psyche, it is often very difficult to accept that one person can cause the death of another without an intention to kill, but it occurs frequently. In a high profile case such as this, where the deceased is (literally) portrayed as an innocent angel and the husband as some sort of cold, evil demon then the public mood is that they actually want the accused to have committed an intentional killing. Nothing else will assauge their passion. The lynch mentality is a very powerfl one. And it is fickle, potentially any of us can be the focus of the mob depending on circumstances. In a situation such as that, only the lawyer stands between the accused and the mob. And it is a thoroughly thankless role. The police are cast as heroes, the lawyers as evil, money grabbing opportunists.

Alternative theory to throw out again...welcome holes being put in it. Posted this before... Allison and or GBC were possibly subject to threats. Perhaps an ex-lover or someone through business was unhappy. Following theory this person killed her. Potentially took her initially then killed. GBC knew - maybe was there when she was taken, maybe there was a note, maybe had received threat that Allison would be killed. Again, this is just a theory but may explain why police immediately concerned but not worried about others safety, maybe why ABC's parents appear distant from GBV (could blame him regardless) and could explain why lawyer there in the morning of her disappearance if that was the case. All this...just theory. Interested in thoughts posters have as to why this theory could be incorrect.

I am pretty sure the post stated blood was found in the car...not sure if location noted

Maverick.au's post said police 'found something in one of the cars'. No mention of blood, and no official corroboration.

If a person is in someway involved in the death of another, but which falls short of an intentional killing, then the police are not their friend. The police will almost certainly do everything they can to establish intention, and that is their job. But when the alternatives are a couple of years in prsion versus at least 15yrs, then a lawyer will advise their client that the best course of action is to leave it to the police and the DPP to try and prove every element of the offence, including intention. In the public psyche, it is often very difficult to accept that one person can cause the death of another without an intention to kill, but it occurs frequently. In a high profile case such as this, where the deceased is (literally) portrayed as an innocent angel and the husband as some sort of cold, evil demon then the public mood is that they actually want the accused to have committed an intentional killing. Nothing else will assauge their passion. The lynch mentality is a very powerfl one. And it is fickle, potentially any of us can be the focus of the mob depending on circumstances. In a situation such as that, only the lawyer stands between the accused and the mob. And it is a thoroughly thankless role. The police are cast as heroes, the lawyers as evil, money grabbing opportunists.

Toot toot!! What's that I hear, it's the LOGIC train pulling in to the station. Thank god for the Hawkins Railway.

:)

I have searched for this post - def has been deleted, but Mav.au didn't specify what. He said what had alerted police was something they found in the back of one of the cars, and the children said their dad had said something odd about the location of their mother.

I think a later poster said maybe blood was found in the car. One of the speculation posts. Mav.au's posts always seemed to come across as stating known facts.

So why haven't police taken and tested the BC's vehicles and trail or?

Both vehicles were impounded, removed from the property and forensically examined.

No trailer was tested, which speaks volumes, and police would have mentioned it in addition to the family vehicles if they expected it was used on Thu night or Fri morning :)

Mr Baden Powel was very wise to contact a lawyer as soon as possible, regardless of the circumstances of his wife's disappearance. He was also wise to contact an experienced criminal defence firm. The firm involved would have a 24hr number that is answered by a person, not an anwering machine. For a very serious matter such as this, he would have been referred immediately to one of the firm's senior solicitors. That solicitor would have advised him to have minimal interaction with the police. The solicitor would have wanted to be present at any time that his client was interviewed or questioned. Heading straight to Brisbane, if that was indeed the case, would not be unusual in any way. Lawyers are often called out in the middle of the night for far less serious matters. The suggestion that the lawyer visited his client's house and started destroying or concealing evidence is ludicrous. To do so would mean the end of his career and a prison sentence. There is a very wide spectrum of ways in which Mr Baden Clay could have some degree of criminal responsibility for his wife's death. All of them require immediate and competent legal advice and representation.

Thankyou Hawkins - you are correct. I think caution needs to be exercised in the way our minds can get a bit out of hand when the public only has a skeletal amount of info.

I think the trailer idea is incorrect. It's a laborious and unnecessary way to dispose of a body. Very clunky and not smart. Allison was not a big woman. A trailer loaded with green waste would be a strange sight driving the streets at night.

As said above by Hawkins there are other reasons a person would choose to engage a legal representative other than being the perp.

Solicitors are not all hungry vultures & largely (I add this as there are always bad eggs) will not advise to destroy evidence unless they would like a nice stay in prison and forever stripped of their qualifications.

The roundabout & who passed through it holds a key to timing - and an alibi I suggest.

It is my belief that GBC is the accomplice. An accidental death occurred that involved the mistress OR perhaps GBC business partner.

I still believe the arrests are imminent.

Both vehicles were impounded, removed from the property and forensically examined.

No trailer was tested, which speaks volumes, and police would have mentioned it in addition to the family vehicles if they expected it was used on Thu night or Fri morning :)

Was that just GBC vehicles though? I meant NBc and EBc? I don't recall their vehicles being taken?

Was that just GBC vehicles though? I meant NBc and EBc? I don't recall their vehicles being taken?

Oh sorry, no, elder BC's only had reported gear from their shed taken. Bwana wouldn't allow anyone to take the Love Wagon away :)

Mr Baden Powel was very wise to contact a lawyer as soon as possible, regardless of the circumstances of his wife's disappearance. He was also wise to contact an experienced criminal defence firm. The firm involved would have a 24hr number that is answered by a person, not an anwering machine. For a very serious matter such as this, he would have been referred immediately to one of the firm's senior solicitors. That solicitor would have advised him to have minimal interaction with the police. The solicitor would have wanted to be present at any time that his client was interviewed or questioned. Heading straight to Brisbane, if that was indeed the case, would not be unusual in any way. Lawyers are often called out in the middle of the night for far less serious matters. The suggestion that the lawyer visited his client's house and started destroying or concealing evidence is ludicrous. To do so would mean the end of his career and a prison sentence. There is a very wide spectrum of ways in which Mr Baden Clay could have some degree of criminal responsibility for his wife's death. All of them require immediate and competent legal advice and representation.

It is also possible that the lawyer contacted him. If the two were indeed school friends the lawyer may have contacted him after hearing about the disappearance via media. GBCs engagement of a lawyer was confirmed on April 26 in the media. It is unconfirmed that the lawyer was in attendance when the police attended regarding the missing person.

I have searched for this post - def has been deleted, but Mav.au didn't specify what. He said what had alerted police was something they found in the back of one of the cars, and the children said their dad had said something odd about the location of their mother.

I think a later poster said maybe blood was found in the car. One of the speculation posts. Mav.au's posts always seemed to come across as stating known facts.

Maybe someone else did say something? I would have bet my life on that.... Thanks for correcting me. Maverick was def in the know as 1 of his comments from that post, I have only heard 1 place else and that was a police friend of mine. I wont repeat it as I promised not to discuss but it was just simply regarding their marital situation and has been posted many times.

Come back Maverick!

Yes I posted the inital link to the e-courts site. Damages in most instances when against an organistation refers to wrongful dismissal, or some sort of issues with an employment contract.

If someone is brave, you can walk into the district court registry in brisbane and view this claim. You just have to submit the order, and it may take 24 hours for them to pull the file.

Who's a brave sleuth?

Hiya. It was me that made the comment about fraud. I heard it from a friend who worked with him at FC (and she didn't like him then and was very surprised when Allison married him)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg