Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only the one's I remember from back in the 1970's & 80's, because friends or acquaintances had them.

However what I wonder about the Green Datsun 240C that James Tilbury was alleged to of drove Vanessa Devlin to her house and murdered her in 1988, and whether it was ever recovered? If not, who owned the Datsun in 1991? Did Tilbury offer a false confession?
attachment.php

This is a very poor copy of the car without the mag type wheels they were looking for after Vanessa Devlin's (VD) murder. Sunday Times 19th June 1988 pg 1 Murder Hunt Car Clue and pg 5 Police Hunt Sex Killer. However, Tilbury confessed without having links to the car, or fitting the description police had put out. West Australian Monday 20th June pg 1 Man on murder charge. A 46 year old man has been charged with the rape and murder of Vanessa Roberta Devlin of Maddington.

Police originally thought they had a link to the south side rapist, VD and Victoria Clark (Sept 1997)murders. West Australian 18th June 1988 pg 1 Sunday Times 19th June 1988 pg 1, 5. Maybe they thought when a similar car was sighted with Kerry Turner getting into it they may have this person. I'm not sure if this image is much help as it seems elongated and of course not in colour, but it can't be too hard to check the accused make and model cars he had access to at the time of KT and VD can it?

Attachments

• Datson_Have you seen a car like this.jpg
    Datson_Have you seen a car like this.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 118
PeteDavo usually has answers for these sorts of questions. I haven't been sleuthing long enough. Sorry I can't help you noname.

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]
Sorry, been focusing on the other case that's set down for hearing in the Coroner's Court at Busselton over 3 days on 6-8 December. Should be some very interesting evidence being disclosed in that one.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Police have also admitted to making some serious mistakes in this investigation!! The cops know if he was posting on any websites and what alias the accused was using.

What mistakes have WAPOL admired to making?

Are you saying the accused did post on the Gary Hughes blog? Or another blog?

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.

Anyone got any ideas of what we can sleuth next?

Looking through some newspaper articles and came across this snippet - Post Newspaper, not sure of date.

attachment.php

Attachments

• E0xmoxT.jpg
    E0xmoxT.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 116
Just google Stephen Carew-Reid if you want the full blown "Freemason's did the Claremont Serial Killing" conspiracy fantasy, if you have a lot of time & inclination for that sort of entertainment.

And yeah, the mods should delete it - on Subjudice grounds.

I try to avoid unsubstantiated information in posts and find the conclusion drawn between corrupt cops and the accused being innocent as not only that, but wrong. I'm not naive and made posters in w.s.'s aware of a well written and credible 99 page statement that made allegations about corrupt practices of some very high ranking cops and politicians in the 80's and 90's, and of course there was the royal commission. However, if anything IMO the accused was committing serious crimes from the late 80's from which he was either seriously lucky not to be convicted or he was benefiting from protection in those early days. For example, my views on the DNA found on the kimono linking him to the Huntingdale attack in Feb 1988 and VC murder in Sept 1997 will be well known if you have followed these pages. Not everyone agrees, and I'm happy with that so this is just my understanding of the evidence and opinion.
As far as the rest of the post from exposing the truth, I'm happy to keep an open mind for more substantial information. Just my opinion.

Sorry, been focusing on the other case that's set down for hearing in the Coroner's Court at Busselton over 3 days on 6-8 December. Should be some very interesting evidence being disclosed in that one.

What is this one?
What about the inquest in Shirley Finn's murder. Is that in October sometime? I'm not sure what a hearing to plead guilty or not guilty in Oct for the accused is going to lead to much information being released or is it?

What is this one?
What about the inquest in Shirley Finn's murder. Is that in October sometime? I'm not sure what a hearing to plead guilty or not guilty in Oct for the accused is going to lead to much information being released or is it?
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/i...ear-missing-persons-case-20170407-gvg55g.html
At least the full details of the Police investigation will be handed to the Coroner. You might get to find out who they think stayed at the backpackers.

Unfortunately, in the Finn case the bloke I'd like to hear evidence from passed away recently.

Fields. Um the good book is the Astrological day of one BRE born the 7th December. In any year. I accidentally deleted it. It is awesome describing anyones birthday especially BRE's.

That's weird as the only good book that I googled with 7:12 was the following ;
attachment.php

What sort of a message is that?

Attachments

• Matt_7_12.png
    Matt_7_12.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 107
The below article discusses a 'long haired man captured on a secret video the night Ciara Glennon disappeared could hold the key to the disappearance of three women in Claremont'.

As far as I know this video has not been released - has anyone see this?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 186976_83243de0c1837aff3a0197c4d764408c.png
    186976_83243de0c1837aff3a0197c4d764408c.png
    180.4 KB · Views: 132
The below article discusses a 'long haired man captured on a secret video the night Ciara Glennon disappeared could hold the key to the disappearance of three women in Claremont'.

As far as I know this video has not been released - has anyone see this?

attachment.php

Strange that WAPOL chased taxi drivers and hitch-hiking lines of investigation. But they seemingly ignored or not investigated thoroughly actual cases of misconduct and criminal behaviour in Rowe Park on two occasions that I know of:
1. Not doing a door knock search immediately after KK attack and waiting a year (MSM link available if anyone needs)
2. Ignoring the phone calls about the flasher/masturbator in Rowe Park. (See pic in post #846 by Spinnaker above)

Makes you wonder about investigative strategies of WAPOL.
Can anyone advise what factors WAPOL consider when they decide whether or not to investigate a lead?

It was confirmed during the last court appearance that the girls WERE killed where they were found and published in MSM.

Sorry I know this does not answer your question.

Thanks, thats actually why Im asking. Trying to understand why they've changed their tune or whether it was something perhaps never confirmed by police at all (i doubt that) or possibly just an opinion held by someone quite early in the case & dismissed yet undisclosed. Believing the police thought there was another location made the possibility of substantial injuries being sustained more plausible too, particularly with CG. Remembering the guy that found her commented along the lines of 'whoever did this is one sick *advertiser censored*', I wondered if it was that the dsite didnt support her injuries having occurred there being their reasoning for saying that originally. Mind you, although it was hot there were a couple of days of rain that would have washed any evidence away Id assume. I just wonder if the new info is actually their opinion now at all or whether its just something the prosecution have decided to run with in order to tell the "whole story" to a jury, assuming they'd have to at least prepare for a jury trial at least. If they're unaware of, or unable to prove the location of the intermediary place they believe the murders actually occurred, its a pretty big piece of the puzzle missing, particularly if some of their evidence is purely circumstantial. Much easier to say they were killed where they were found considering the defence wont be trying to dispute that being a fact regardless of the truth. It ties a bow around it making their story complete at least.

Hi Spinnaker - I never knew about a secret video of Ciara Glennon and a 'long haired man' that could hold the key to the disappearance of three women in Claremont. Obviously the man in the video resembles the accused CSK or they would have shown it. IMO

Hi Spinnaker - I never knew about a secret video of Ciara Glennon and a 'long haired man' that could hold the key to the disappearance of three women in Claremont. Obviously the man in the video resembles the accused CSK or they would have shown it. IMO
IMO WA Police (WAPOL) already spoke to the long haired blonde surfy dude after this and only the MM in the other video hadn't come forward by the time they released the other video of JR. I vaguely remember something in MSM along saying this year's ago.

Thanks, thats actually why Im asking. Trying to understand why they've changed their tune or whether it was something perhaps never confirmed by police at all (i doubt that) or possibly just an opinion held by someone quite early in the case & dismissed yet undisclosed. Believing the police thought there was another location made the possibility of substantial injuries being sustained more plausible too, particularly with CG. Remembering the guy that found her commented along the lines of 'whoever did this is one sick *advertiser censored*', I wondered if it was that the dsite didnt support her injuries having occurred there being their reasoning for saying that originally. Mind you, although it was hot there were a couple of days of rain that would have washed any evidence away Id assume. I just wonder if the new info is actually their opinion now at all or whether its just something the prosecution have decided to run with in order to tell the "whole story" to a jury, assuming they'd have to at least prepare for a jury trial at least. If they're unaware of, or unable to prove the location of the intermediary place they believe the murders actually occurred, its a pretty big piece of the puzzle missing, particularly if some of their evidence is purely circumstantial. Much easier to say they were killed where they were found considering the defence wont be trying to dispute that being a fact regardless of the truth. It ties a bow around it making their story complete at least.
If the dump sites are the murder sites, it doesn't necessarily rule out an intermediary site for non fatal crimes against the victim IMO

Spooks, the dartboard method or pull a clue from the hat looks plausible to me in this case.

If the dump sites are the murder sites, it doesn't necessarily rule out an intermediary site for non fatal crimes against the victim IMO

No of course not. I believe there has to have been an intermediary site regardless, particularly with JR being quite close to houses. I doubt he picked her up and went straight to Woolcoot. Im only questioning whether the police actually think this is what happened or whether another motive has prompted them to say this now.

No of course not. I believe there has to have been an intermediary site regardless, particularly with JR being quite close to houses. I doubt he picked her up and went straight to Woolcoot. Im only questioning whether the police actually think this is what happened or whether another motive has prompted them to say this now.

"this" meaning - the girls killed at the dsite, not whether they think there was an intermediary location. Sorry I cant edit my posts for some reason.

Hi no name - the girls must have been kept somewhere, alive, for a couple of weeks or more between abduction and bodies being found. Unless the girls were left at dump sites for weeks in which case they would have been very decomposed. Does anyone know what stages of decomposition they were at. MOO

Hi no name - the girls must have been kept somewhere, alive, for a couple of weeks or more between abduction and bodies being found. Unless the girls were left at dump sites for weeks in which case they would have been very decomposed. Does anyone know what stages of decomposition they were at. MOO

I think CG was identified by dental records iirc.
Can't remember JR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member