Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabstick – I'm offended by your post here for several reasons.

Firstly, because you state that you definitively know that WAPOL won't try and bargain.
How can YOU know what WAPOL will or won't do????

Secondly, because IMO it appears you think SS is NOT worthy of
Sarah Spiers is not even in the charges
That means she is not even in the case file.
Dont put words in my mouth.

Im the one that has been told to stop looking based on geodetic evidence which the accused has online evidence of having a considerable interest in.

No body, no parole. Once CG and JR are squared away, potentially the accused is in prison.
Then the police will look at other victims with snowballing evidence and a convicyion under their belt.

There will be a telling tale will be at the commital hearing.

After 20 years there will be no body. No body no parole now?

Police have SS out of it to keep thd case simple. Police can later press further charges.
270 phone calls in one night after arrest

Are you saying there will be nothing left after 20 years? No bones? No teeth? Nothing?

Police have 'kept Sarah out of it' to keep it simple? Wouldn't it be more likely that they don't have any evidence to charge him? I can't see them pressing any charges on Sarah without a confession. If they had evidence at this point, surely he'd have been charged already.

You've mentioned the 270 calls at least a couple of times. Not sure what it means, but keen to hear more about that.

Bunnie had confirmed the taxi times and details are correct. I would be fairly convinced it would be SS making the call given it was name Spiers and Mosman Park where she had been earlier in the day.

So the taxi drivers would have seen Spiers? Or heard Spiers on radio at the time Bunnie?

The other way someone may have known a taxi called under Spiers is if the public phone system intercepted, or someone had been sitting in their car waiting.

Are you saying there will be nothing left after 20 years? No bones? No teeth? Nothing?

Police have 'kept Sarah out of it' to keep it simple?

You've mentioned the 270 calls on or nah isn't at least a couple of times. Not sure what it means, but keen to hear more about that.

After the arrest, there was 270 calls in one night regarding the matter.

Why would she say anything to the Crowd Controller? Before SS disappeared there was no major worry in Claremont. With JR & CG yes.
PCS,
As SS was a young girl, perhaps she didn't want to go into detail with the crowd controller. Didn't want to answer any questions about her arrangements to get home. Sometimes it's best if people don't know too much, that way an explanation isn't needed.

What's interesting is SS had told the taxi service her intentions were to go to Mosman Park. Evidently, SS had a friend who lived in Mosman Park and had been there earlier on Australia Day. A taxi fare from Claremont to Mosman Park is much cheaper than to South Perth where SS lived with her sister.

The information is on the CI Video which has been posted a couple of posts beforehand. So I won't upload it again.
CV

The Australia Day long weekend in 1996 was Friday to Sunday. Next business day therefore was Monday, not Tuesday.

Sarah Spiers went out Thursday night, apparently picked up by Steve Ross early Friday morning and dropped off in South Perth with unknown male, seen later Friday morning exiting a Mill Point Rd building by a bloke named Brian from Jolimont.
Sarah went out again Friday night. Sister driving her from OBH to Claremont about midnight. Call logged from Sarah Spiers to Swan taxis a couple of hours later at 2:06am Saturday morning. Last sighting, not much later.

If whoever is responsible for her disappearance had to work Monday, they would therefore have most of Saturday, and all day Sunday, and maybe even early Monday morning. Lots of time there to kill, IMO (pardon the pun).
f0fdeb57267ac3a3004a39b44e3ed545.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

The Australia Day long weekend in 1996 was Friday to Sunday. Next business day therefore was Monday, not Tuesday.

Sarah Spiers went out Thursday night, apparently picked up by Steve Ross early Friday morning and dropped off in South Perth with unknown male, seen later Friday morning exiting a Mill Point Rd building by a bloke named Brian from Jolimont.
Sarah went out again Friday night. Sister driving her from OBH to Claremont about midnight. Call logged from Sarah Spiers to Swan taxis a couple of hours later at 2:06am Saturday morning. Last sighting, not much later.

If whoever is responsible for her disappearance had to work Monday, they would therefore have most of Saturday, and all day Sunday, and maybe even early Monday morning. Lots of time there to kill, IMO (pardon the pun).
f0fdeb57267ac3a3004a39b44e3ed545.jpg

So if the person responsible for SS's disappearance had an RDO on Friday (like suggested by Canningvale), then would that person get Monday off in lieu of the public holiday/RDO clash?

So if the person responsible for SS's disappearance had an RDO on Friday (like suggested by Canningvale), then would that person get Monday off in lieu of the public holiday/RDO clash?
Spooks,
It would be more likely that if a public holiday fell on a Friday the person would have the Thursday off too. Other employees in the section would already have the Monday as scheduled to be off.

It depends on the team leaders and how short-staffed they'd permit their section to operate. A team leader could probably have whatever day off he/she liked. Was BRE a team leader back then?

Sarah Spiers went out Thursday night,
If whoever is responsible for her disappearance had to work Monday, they would therefore have most of Saturday, and all day Sunday, and maybe even early Monday morning. Lots of time there
Snipped for brevity

So from 2am Sat? to Monday say 2am.
Has to have an excuse and alibi for those nights in not being seen by peers and relatives.
Gone fishing?
No doubt rellies, peers and spouse may recollect what happened when Sarah went missing. Probably assisting police.
Great post by the way

[video]https://youtu.be/M62_WJ1-LBk[/video]

Here is another YouTube channel with the CIA doco about CSK.
There are some weird comments too!
IMO Comments Section:
Sleuth value = 0/10
Quackery value = 10/10
Amusement value = 8/10

No. You wouldn't book an RDO on a public holiday. You'd simply change it to the preceding Thursday or the following Monday. So as to not clash with those that regularly took Monday's, most would've taken the Thursday. I don't have my pay calendars with me atm, so don't know if that Thursday was a pay day or not.

Not everyone booked full days once a fortnight though. I usually take half days every Friday for instance because my wife works afternoon shifts from Friday to Sunday at her hospital job. I had a previous employer once, who simply shut down for 2 weeks over Easter, instead of having everyone take RDOs during the year.

Spooks,
It would be more likely that if a public holiday fell on a Friday the person would have the Thursday off too.

Or thrown a sickie on either side of the long weekend to make it an extra long weekend.

No doubt the investigators have attempted to get info on the working whereabouts and days off of the accused for every day from approx. 1986 until his arrest.

With an employer like Telstra, I wonder how far back Telstra kept it's archive of HR and other records in relation to the accused's HR and operations movements.

Sorry Crabstick, I'm a bit slow & need you to spell it out for me. What's the significance of the 270 calls?

Yeh, 270 calls to police after the arrest in one night.
Thats a truck load of info that is rolling in. Probably even today.

Obviously people recognised the accused and the hotline exploded with calls.

Sorry, cant answer you all. Kids are nagging they want dinner. Still trying to find a post 3 pages back from 30 minutes ago.

Any chance the accused had access to a residential property in Mosman Park?
Maybe a place belonging to family members or friends living in a shared house?
A place where the accused could possibly take a young lady for 'snuggles', hanging out, or drinks after being out partying.

(Just my thoughts. I'm not saying the accused is responsible for SS.)

No. You wouldn't book an RDO on a public holiday. You'd simply change it to the preceding Thursday or the following Monday. So as to not clash with those that regularly too Monday's, most would've taken the Thursday. I don't have my pay calendars with me atm, so don't know if that Thursday was a pay day or not.

Pete I never said a person would take an RDO on a public holiday!
DUH!
"Whatcha talking about WILLIS!" lol

[video]https://youtu.be/Le6qeMe7-vM[/video]

Snipped for brevity

So from 2am Sat? to Monday say 2am.
Has to have an excuse and alibi for those nights in not being seen by peers and relatives.
Gone fishing?
No doubt rellies, peers and spouse may recollect what happened when Sarah went missing. Probably assisting police.
Great post by the way
Crabstick,

My thoughts are that his parents had perhaps gone overseas. His parents lived within close-proximity to Fountain Way. A fishing trip would be an excellent excuse and alibi. I get the impression BRE wouldn't be the type of person who people would ask to provide an explanation - I gather he'd be very quiet. Perhaps he just went off for days at a time and family thought he was fishing. Has anyone else got any thoughts on this subject?

I don't know him or the family personally, just my thoughts and opinion.

Yeah, now I cant edit the post to combine quotes and similar content as too busy trying to please people in answering their questions.

Madora bay was a reknowned fishing spot in the time. Accused had parental holiday house Madora bay.
Woolcoot road (JR found there) was a short cut at one point when there was no freeway down there heading to Madora.

This is the bit I wish to answer someone in same post.
Yes, Pippidinny was also a similar reknowned fishing spot on the beach.
However there werent too many roads up that way.
Ciara was found off the bitumen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member