Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've chosen to be optimistic about the postponement. On Wednesday I planned to get up early and video the prison van - Never mind will wait till February.

The weather will be better for van watching in February.

Question: will he have to appear in person or can he attend committal mention via video link like his previous appearances?

I still think 'lights on' means switch was turned on, and doesn't mean lights were actually shining light.

Ignition on and lights on (either interpretation) both indicate car was NOT parked at top and then drove down by itself, like if car accidentally parked up and left in neutral, without using hand brake. Fiat didn't roll down itself.

Mind you, never any mention of hand brake being engaged or disengaged??

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...r-1996-1997-Perth-Western-Australia-17/page85

The West Australian July 8th 1988 Bizarre Case that has detectives stumped
... They only know it was found at Cottesloe beach two days later, floating in the surf with the ignition and lights turned on ...

The Daily Mail late June 1988. Police seek 2 in Car Puzzle by Steve Manchee
... Police forensic tests have shown that when the car entered the water the ignition and lights were turned on ...

Daily Mail Friday 24[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988 Beach Hunt Goes on for Missing Girl. Hotels worry that a maniac is stalking Perth’s women
...The land and sea search for missing Fremantle woman Julie Cutler, 22, continued this morning off Cottesloe beach, where her car was found 35 m off shore on Wednesday. ...

The ignition and lights were on and the driver’s window and door were open. ...

JC: another possible scenario why JC at Cott Beach.
Let's imagine JC drove the car down to the front of the bathing pavilion herself, beach side, being a bit naughty as these roads were accessible by service vehicles only, and perhaps met a guy down there too!

Maybe a quick kiss and a cuddle, but then the meet-up goes sour. The guy sends the car into the drink, with JC screaming. Guy then drags JC away, puts her in his own car, and drives away. Later murdering JC and leaving her body elsewhere.

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
I suppose JC could have met someone at Cottesloe, but she did have her own place, so why not go there. Unless JC didn't want that person to know where she lived.

I haven't heard about the car going into the surf for a while can anyone help with this
imagegif
imagegif

Twist , your posts didn't load sorry .
2 blank picture frames only

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...r-1996-1997-Perth-Western-Australia-17/page85

The West Australian July 8th 1988 Bizarre Case that has detectives stumped
... They only know it was found at Cottesloe beach two days later, floating in the surf with the ignition and lights turned on ...

The Daily Mail late June 1988. Police seek 2 in Car Puzzle by Steve Manchee
... Police forensic tests have shown that when the car entered the water the ignition and lights were turned on ...

Daily Mail Friday 24[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988 Beach Hunt Goes on for Missing Girl. Hotels worry that a maniac is stalking Perth’s women
...The land and sea search for missing Fremantle woman Julie Cutler, 22, continued this morning off Cottesloe beach, where her car was found 35 m off shore on Wednesday. ...

The ignition and lights were on and the driver’s window and door were open. ...

I still think that is that they were switched on. ..not that the engine was running and the lights were shining. If I switch my headlights on but the globes are blown they are still turned on. If I turn my house lights on but the power is out they are still turned on because the lights come on when power is returned. I can't recall reading anywhere a statement about the car headlights shining brightly in the murky depths*

*murky and depths added for sense of drama.

Anyone know court jargon? What and why would the court appearance be "vacated"? Or is it just another word for adjournment (although I thought they would have just done that on Wednesday). Is it just me or is this really odd?

If the LBF was stationery, how many people would it take to flip it onto its side?

Perhaps the LBF was slowly flipped, over and over onto the sand.

Maybe a hammerhead shark was playing Demolition Derby H2.0 with the Fiat in the surf off Cott Beach.

Seriously, it probably sustained the damage before it entered the surf.

Anyone know court jargon? What and why would the court appearance be "vacated"? Or is it just another word for adjournment (although I thought they would have just done that on Wednesday). Is it just me or is this really odd?
Dates are vacated because a party applies to the court for an adjournment. Reasons can be many and varied. Usually it'll be simply because the barrister has another commitment or a witness is unavailable, or in the case of a committal date, the prosecution is not ready to provide full disclosure because they're awaiting for Chem Centre reports. It's not unusual, and a long delay is usually because the court itself has to find a date to move it to. Since the courts are usually booked well into the future, even if everything is ready a week later, the court simply can't accommodate it.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

If the LBF was stationery, how many people would it take to flip it onto its side?

Perhaps the LBF was slowly flipped, over and over onto the sand.
It took 4 guys to pick up and turn my brave little 1974 honda civic (BLH) around so it faced to wrong way on a one way street outside of a nightclub. ... so I think roughly the same number to hoik a little fiat up and over?

I still think 'lights on' means switch was turned on, and doesn't mean lights were actually shining light.

Ignition on and lights on (either interpretation) both indicate car was NOT parked at top and then drove down by itself, like if car accidentally parked up and left in neutral, without using hand brake. Fiat didn't roll down itself.

Mind you, never any mention of hand brake being engaged or disengaged??

IMO unless the car was dropped or placed eg the crane example, the handbrake would have to be disengaged. No one is going to drive it into the water and then pull the hand brake up before they jump out of the car.

IMO unless the car was dropped or placed eg the crane example, the handbrake would have to be disengaged. No one is going to drive it into the water and then pull the hand brake up before they jump out of the car.

Exactly

Dates are vacated because a party applies to the court for an adjournment. Reasons can be many and varied. Usually it'll be simply because the barrister has another commitment or a witness is unavailable, or in the case of a committal date, the prosecution is not ready to provide full disclosure because they're awaiting for Chem Centre reports. It's not unusual, and a long delay is usually because the court itself has to find a date to move it to. Since the courts are usually booked well into the future, even if everything is ready a week later, the court simply can't accommodate it.

Can he, or has he pleaded guilty or not guilty to some of the charges already? "... [FONT=&quot]Mr Edwards is yet to plead to all of the charges against him. .."

[/FONT]
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-...rial-delayed-to-next-year/9077770?pfmredir=sm

Not sure how the handbrake has now come into the conversation. Anyhow, IMO the damage to the car and the car going into the water is two separate events.

Most fishing boats have cranes or boom cranes on board.

attachment.php

https://www.heila.com/services/marine-offshore-cranes-heila/

Attachments

• Marine and offshore cranes.JPG
    Marine and offshore cranes.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 198
Not sure how the handbrake has now come into the conversation. Anyhow, IMO the damage to the car and the car going into the water is two separate events.

attachment.php

IMO, too many people required to get the car into the water if it's anything complicated. Many people = many people to keep quiet. Keeping quiet and keeping other people quiet is only usually seen in the movies, and on TV series like underbelly IMO. This is the main reason I doubt if more than 1 person could be involved, unless they are used to discipline and have a strong camaraderie like SAS soldiers, policemen, or bikies. Maybe if 2 or 3, maybe 1 could keep the others quiet, but just a hint that 1 was wavering, might mean they'd have to do him in before he talked IMO. I think Julie's case we'd need to see something so we can begin ruling are out all these different scenarios to ring the truth of the matter. Maybe police will release more pictures of the car?

attachment.php

IC - you ask how the handbrake came into the conversation!

So glad you asked.

I raised the handbrake issue because it could finally help prove how the car entered the water.

But firstly I must state - when a car's handbrake is "ON", then the handbrake is engaged and the car won't move. When a handbrake is off, the opposite occurs, the car can be driven, or is able to roll when in neutral gear.

Therefore -

If you belong to camp that believes BLF was craned onto a fishing boat and then dumped in the ocean off one of Perth's busiest beaches with no one noticing, then I'm guessing the handbrake was ON and engaged, so importantly, the car wouldn't roll around on the deck during transit.

However, if you belong to the other camp that believes the BLF was driven or released down an access road near Cott Bathing Pavilion, and either driven across sand into the water, or launched off the promenade, then in this scenario the handbrake would be "OFF" and disengaged, so the Fiat could easily move.

So, IMO crucially the handbrake being on or off when car was retrieved, IMO is a very important piece of evidence that could help settle the debate of how the Fiat drowned off Cott Beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member