Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, this will throw a spanner in the works, and set the cat amongst the pigeons.

https://youtu.be/IXlY4dZoINg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Happens on racetracks all around the world! Lol

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Anyone know court jargon? What and why would the court appearance be "vacated"? Or is it just another word for adjournment (although I thought they would have just done that on Wednesday). Is it just me or is this really odd?

The case has been adjourned but the time slot in the Court calender has been vacated

Happens on racetracks all around the world! Lol

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
Just watch the demolition derby. Used to be very popular at Claremont speedway. Turn a car upside down.

IMO, too many people required to get the car into the water if it's anything complicated. Many people = many people to keep quiet. Keeping quiet and keeping other people quiet is only usually seen in the movies, and on TV series like underbelly IMO. This is the main reason I doubt if more than 1 person could be involved, unless they are used to discipline and have a strong camaraderie like SAS soldiers, policemen, or bikies. Maybe if 2 or 3, maybe 1 could keep the others quiet, but just a hint that 1 was wavering, might mean they'd have to do him in before he talked IMO. I think Julie's case we'd need to see something so we can begin ruling are out all these different scenarios to ring the truth of the matter. Maybe police will release more pictures of the car?

There was that male victim that was found washed up in another Cott Beach....

However I DON'T believe the car was craned in.

Occam's Razor - The philosophical idea or scientific principle that of any given set of explanations for an event occurring it is most likely the simplest one is the correct one.

"Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead" - Benjamin Franklin

"People can get away with anything, if they do it on their own" - my Dad

IMO, too many people required to get the car into the water if it's anything complicated. Many people = many people to keep quiet. Keeping quiet and keeping other people quiet is only usually seen in the movies, and on TV series like underbelly IMO. This is the main reason I doubt if more than 1 person could be involved, unless they are used to discipline and have a strong camaraderie like SAS soldiers, policemen, or bikies. Maybe if 2 or 3, maybe 1 could keep the others quiet, but just a hint that 1 was wavering, might mean they'd have to do him in before he talked IMO. I think Julie's case we'd need to see something so we can begin ruling are out all these different scenarios to ring the truth of the matter. Maybe police will release more pictures of the car?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...r-1996-1997-Perth-Western-Australia-17/page85

The West Australian July 8th 1988 Bizarre Case that has detectives stumped
... They only know it was found at Cottesloe beach two days later, floating in the surf with the ignition and lights turned on ...

The Daily Mail late June 1988. Police seek 2 in Car Puzzle by Steve Manchee
... Police forensic tests have shown that when the car entered the water the ignition and lights were turned on ...

Daily Mail Friday 24[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988 Beach Hunt Goes on for Missing Girl. Hotels worry that a maniac is stalking Perth’s women
...The land and sea search for missing Fremantle woman Julie Cutler, 22, continued this morning off Cottesloe beach, where her car was found 35 m off shore on Wednesday. ...

The ignition and lights were on and the driver’s window and door were open. ...

Innerchild - in your scenario where a fishing boat craned BLF into Cottesloe waters, why would the perpetrators have (and leave) the ignition and lights (turned) on????

For what purpose?

I suppose JC could have met someone at Cottesloe, but she did have her own place, so why not go there. Unless JC didn't want that person to know where she lived.

Maybe it was a new thing? And she didn't want him to know where she lived.
Or maybe JC and the guy were role playing and adding spice to a relationship?

Just all speculation

Thinking about the boat dumping LBF...would a boat big enough to have a crane be able to safely get that close to shore, pick up a 1500kg car, winch it over the side and dump it without seriously endangering the boat?

Thinking about the boat dumping LBF...would a boat big enough to have a crane be able to safely get that close to shore, pick up a 1500kg car, winch it over the side and dump it without seriously endangering the boat?

Depending on the height of reefs around the area, the size of boat, and the weather, an experienced skipper could get that close, if conditions allowed.

I'm no skipper, but I've been on huge boats at Rotto where the skipper manoeuvres between all the other million dollar boats with ease.

Winching and craning the BLF over the side is the same as winching and craning the run-about-rubber-ducky-boat over the side. AKA tender!

We have a bit of time on our hands before next court date ... so thought I mention again the fact that a previous WS poster (Voodoodoll76) stated that LJB attended Huntingdale Primary School.

LJB has been missing since 12:30am on 10 November 1998 from Palmerston Street Perth.

Quote from (Voodoodoll76) below:

"I can also say that Lisa Brown who disappeared from Perth City in 1998 also attended Huntingdale ps - she was in my younger sister's year:

Link below to post:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Australia-9-*ARREST&p=13036121#post13036121

For me this raises a few questions:
1. Is there is a likelihood that the accused BRE may have known LJB?
2. Does LJB's parent's still live in Huntingdale near BRE's home or previous homes?
3. Did LJB leave her children regularly in Huntingdale with grandparents and hence visit the area regularly?
4. Did the accused stalk LJB?
5. Is there a potential that the accused was involved in the disappearance of LJB?
6. Yet to be confirmed regards to a sister of BRE - however did LJB know BRE's family?

I find it relevant that LJB was local to Huntingdale, the same area which BRE lived - if any locals could shed further info on this would be appreciated.

All of the above just IMO.

Hi,

You have asserted that the back seat was thrown into the sea on the day JC disappeared and two days later, a fishing boat cruised in to crane dump the car - with the ignition and headlights on drawing attention bopping about 35m offshore.

Why not just drive / roll it down a steep road and launch it off a ramp into the sea at the same time with the back seat in it?

Not sure how the handbrake has now come into the conversation. Anyhow, IMO the damage to the car and the car going into the water is two separate events.

Most fishing boats have cranes or boom cranes on board.

attachment.php

https://www.heila.com/services/marine-offshore-cranes-heila/

We have a bit of time on our hands before next court date ... so thought I mention again the fact that a previous WS poster (Voodoodoll76) stated that LJB attended Huntingdale Primary School.

LJB has been missing since 12:30am on 10 November 1998 from Palmerston Street Perth.

"I can also say that Lisa Brown who disappeared from Perth City in 1998 also attended Huntingdale ps - she was in my younger sister's year:

Link below to post:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Australia-9-*ARREST&p=13036121#post13036121

2. Does LJB's parent's still live in Huntingdale near BRE's home or previous homes?
3. Did LJB leave her children regularly in Huntingdale with grandparents and hence visit the area regularly?
5. Is there a potential that the accused was involved in the disappearance of LJB?
6. Yet to be confirmed regards to a sister of BRE - however did LJB know BRE's family?

I find it relevant that LJB was local to Huntingdale, the same area which BRE lived - if any locals could shed further info on this would be appreciated.

All good questions Spinnaker.
Are there many MSM articles about LJB case?

All good questions Spinnaker.
Are there many MSM articles about LJB case?

LJB was allegedly a 'working girl' - sadly does not get the same type of press coverage. However there a couple of factors which need to be taken into consideration, LJB was brought up and potentially had continuing connections to the Huntingdale area and also that she went missing late 1998, relatively close in time to the CSK murders.

https://www.missingpersons.gov.au/who-missing/wa/brown-lisa

LJB was allegedly a 'working girl' - sadly does not get the same type of press coverage. However there a couple of factors which need to be taken into consideration, LJB was brought up and potentially had continuing connections to the Huntingdale area and also that she went missing late 1998, relatively close in time to the CSK murders.

https://www.missingpersons.gov.au/who-missing/wa/brown-lisa

Trouble finding much at all, her facebook page contains no links but for the one you supplied. Hopefully someone is watching here who knew Lisa or her family and can provide more detailed information.

A mention here.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/c...-of-missing-and-murdered-20161231-gtk9el.html

Trouble finding much at all, her facebook page contains no links but for the one you supplied. Hopefully someone is watching here who knew Lisa or her family and can provide more detailed information.

A mention here.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/c...-of-missing-and-murdered-20161231-gtk9el.html
Agree Pandit, there is very little information available however if there is someone on WS who has further information about LJB or her family, this would help significantly.

Re LJB
Groks Timeline mentions that at the time of her disappearance in 1998 LJB lived in Maylands and her parents lived in Huntingdale.

"The below article mentions that BRE [FONT=&quot]moved back in with his parents ... at 142 Gay Street" (Huntingdale) after the sale of his home in Fountain Way (Huntingdale) in 1997.

[/FONT]
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/claremont-serial-killings-police-piecing-together-the-life-of-bradley-robert-edwards/news-story/557f281e68cdf76d572843291ea9cef7

How far was LJB's parent's home in Huntingdale to BRE's home? An important question.

Link below to post:

I doubt if the accused was much of a stalker, if we go solely by the Karrakatta abduction. This might be a stretch, but should we consider that the only reason if LJB was killed by the accused, is because she made it known at some point during whatever was happening that she recognised her attacker, even if he didn't recognize her? "Hey, ain't you the guy that lived on Gay St?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member