Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you a source for Jane going Hollywood high? Cheers.
There has been media reports she went to both schools. And one report here that JR worked in the Iona library.
The other error refers to IONA. JR did not go there. She went to Hollywood High School.

‘The Devil’s Garden’ inaccuracies:
1. Page 5 should not read ‘Iona Presbyterian’ but ‘Iona Presentation’. It is actually a Catholic school.
2. There also seems to be some confusion over where Jane Rimmer went to school. On page 22 it is ‘Hollywood High’ and on page 85 it is ‘Iona’ - perhaps she attended both.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/claremont-serial-killings.985161/page-12

jane_school.jpg

jane_iona.jpg

Debi, Marshall, 2007. The Devil's Garden: The Claremont Serial Killings. 2nd ed. Australia: Random House.

I thought the owner bought the taxi. Fords were cheaper. Some taxis were even ex cop Holden chase cars 5 litre as the engines lasted on gas.
Everyone was chasing an engine that lasted a million kilometres

Thanks for this Peter.
It was good to see the relevant footage and to note the commodore taxi which it was suggested in an earlier post was not in use during this period. Coincidentally I spoke to my wife's dad last night who started driving taxis in 97 just after Ciara disappeared. He too said that Commodore taxis were in use although were relatively rare compared to Falcons and had to be specifically requested by the driver. If this was a rogue taxi and a commodore it sounds like it should have been fairly easy to identify unless it was fake.

And the gardener's name was... For privacy matters, initials

The gardener was pretty creepy when I was there. One girl used to flirt like mad with him (he was married with kids) but from memory he got the sack because it was rumored that he did sleep with this student.

Read more: http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/for...mont-serial-killer/page__st__75#ixzz4A3TzeHXk
Follow us: @essentialbaby on Twitter | EssentialBabyAU on Facebook

Have you a source for Jane going to Hollywood High. Cheers.
It's common knowledge. She 100% went to HSHS.

And the gardener's name was... For privacy matters, initials
One random poster 8 years ago on a Mum's forum said the gardener at Iona was creepy. Why would anyone here know who he is?

He can be as creepy as he likes but Jane still went to HSHS and that can't be changed.

The gardener was investigated by police

Because Debi Marshalls book suggests Jane may have had also relationship with Iona, and a solid source would totally rule out that Jane had no relationship with Iona. Simply saying, it was common knowledge doesn't make it true on this forum, especially this thread.

I was asking Mel1303 whether she had a source. If you have a source that can categorically state that Jane had no relationship with Iona, that would be good.

jane_iona.jpg

Debi, Marshall, 2007. The Devil's Garden: The Claremont Serial Killings. 2nd ed. Australia: Random House.

It's common knowledge. She 100% went to HSHS.

One random poster 8 years ago on a Mum's forum said the gardener at Iona was creepy. Why would anyone here know who he is?

He can be as creepy as he likes but Jane still went to HSHS and that can't be changed.

We are talking about the possibility of someone who may have had access to a van, and a Commodore station wagon over the weekend. Just looking at places where someone might source both those vehicles. A Commodore the girls might feel comfortable getting into a station wagon. Especially after two others are missing. A van and a Commodore station wagon

They could have been Iona vehicles for all we know, but being able to borrow them would not bring them under suspicion, and would deter detection by DNA being proxy vehicle. There is the ink police were talking about. Places where both those attributes might exist. Mr IT guy? Or Mr Print guy?

No way would I get in a car with my lotto guy.

Based on Droc saying, someone kept a car in his garage, it could be mr bog and flog. If you also take in to consideration police reports, it is someone who polishes their car a lot. Someone who bought a taxi at auction, or has access to a car yard to source the taxi light?

Sarah called a taxi. Would she dump a taxi after 6 minutes? Would she dump a taxi after 10 minutes? Or she thought she got in the one she called? I thought the taxi comms broadcast the name of the person over a radio at the time?

Probably, back then. Or a taxi, or a police car, or a telecom vehicle, or a roads vehicle, or in with one of the bouncers or bar men who looked familiar, or the bloke that use to drive my school bus, or the really friendly fellow I buy my lotto ticket from. If I was tired, broke and keen to get moving, I probably would have accepted a lift with someone I shouldnt so I could get home faster and save a cab fair. I wouldn't now, but absolutely, back then.

The gardener was investigated by police
My understanding is Macro had a good look at all links to Iona but do you have a specific reference to this gardener being investigated?

Because Debi Marshalls book suggests Jane may have had also relationship with Iona, and a solid source would totally rule out that Jane had no relationship with Iona. Simply saying, it was common knowledge doesn't make it true on this forum, especially this thread.
For years we all thought the girls got into a car and then evidence came to light the girls may have been blitz attacked. Who knows what the truth is with this but somewhere a strong held belief will be successfully challenged. But probably not this one. Rather than prove she didn't have a link to Iona it's a better idea to prove she had a link and then work from there.

1.No reference as yet. Locals said the gardener was interviewed by police. Yes, one sparrow doesn't make a summer. Baby forums don't count. Ill see if I can find further reference. Mind you, if the gardener was questioned and disregarded, they probably don't want him in the spotlight. I do remember hearing around the traps the gardener being questioned.
The interesting thing is, Cutler was taken on the winter solstice, so a gardener or similar would have knowledge of this, and maybe a keen interest.

Interesting you were a local and discussing the picket fence down the side the shop boundary of Sharon Mason. I think there was an entry at the rear. And very interesting that Sharon Mason ended up above the drain pipes. Fancy digging a hole, and striking the pipes of all the backyard to dig in burying the body of Sharon Mason.
From memory there was access via the rear alley way of that shop, mind you, the fence was average condition.
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/mason-murderer-will-remain-inside-mcginty-20110303-1bgak.html

When Pam Lawrence was killed, police did a significant search of her shop property too. I wont be surprised if more comes of it.

I think Sarah got in a car on her own volition. What happened when she got in the car is another thing.

Maybe police have a bunch of unsolved murders because someone knows as much, if not more than police about forensics and homicide investigation?

My understanding is Macro had a good look at all links to Iona but do you have a specific reference to this gardener being investigated?

For years we all thought the girls got into a car and then evidence came to light the girls may have been blitz attacked. Who knows what the truth is with this but somewhere a strong held belief will be successfully challenged. But probably not this one. Rather than prove she didn't have a link to Iona it's a better idea to prove she had a link and then work from there.

Of the many unsubstantiated rumours in town, one was that someone's father was a cop. It was throw away, but I heard that more than twice and it wasn't second hand from police.

People in this forum either don't know a lot, or they are holding their cards tight to their chest.

Police have a lot more evidence than they have made public. Some of that evidence would take us forward leaps and bounds. I dare say they will use their info to make sure they have the right person when the time comes. That is; if the person is not out of the country or dead right now.

Of the many unsubstantiated rumours in town, one was that someone's father was a cop. It was throw away, but I heard that more than twice and it wasn't second hand from police.

this was reported in the West Australian. there was a man offering lifts home to women in Claremont under the pretense his father was a policeman.

Have you a source for Jane going Hollywood high? Cheers.
There has been media reports she went to both schools. And one report here that JR worked in the Iona library.
Hi Crabstick,

Yeah I think I do have a source on my computer at home- I will find it when I get home. If anyone else has one, can they post it for crabstick as I wont be home for a few days.

My other source is not a media source, but an employee at IONA. She knew none of the victims, however she told me that JR had never had anything to do with the school. Obviously, you have no reason to believe my unsubstantiated claim, however I am 100% certain that she went to Hollywood High, as did her siblings. I will find you the MSM reference as soon as possible.

Sarah called a taxi. Would she dump a taxi after 6 minutes? Would she dump a taxi after 10 minutes? Or she thought she got in the one she called? I thought the taxi comms broadcast the name of the person over a radio at the time?

Other posters have claimed that it is astonishing that a taxi would arrive in such a short amount of time. Sarah possibly thought she had a good half hour to wait.

Other posters have claimed that it is astonishing that a taxi would arrive in such a short amount of time. Sarah possibly thought she had a good half hour to wait.

With regards to the phone call made to the taxi service there was a poster on the Bigfooty thread who actually worked for the taxi company and was asked by the police to find the log records of the call Sarah made. She had quite a few posts in the thread and I had a half arsed look the other day and couldnt find them so if someone can be bothered to look through and find her there is some useful information to be had from the girl who knew what happened with the call and the time etc.

One thing I remember was the call was logged under SPIERS so interestingly one would assume the taxi driver (or someone with a scanner) would not have known it was a girl.

Anyway its all there in one of those Bigfooty threads somewhere and well worth finding. From memory it was closer to the start of the thread but I could be wrong.

With regards to the phone call made to the taxi service there was a poster on the Bigfooty thread who actually worked for the taxi company and was asked by the police to find the log records of the call Sarah made. She had quite a few posts in the thread and I had a half arsed look the other day and couldnt find them so if someone can be bothered to look through and find her there is some useful information to be had from the girl who knew what happened with the call and the time etc.

One thing I remember was the call was logged under SPIERS so interestingly one would assume the taxi driver (or someone with a scanner) would not have known it was a girl.

Anyway its all there in one of those Bigfooty threads somewhere and well worth finding. From memory it was closer to the start of the thread but I could be wrong.

That's poster Bunnie and the conversation starts about here https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/claremont-serial-killings.985161/page-113#post-37525026

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. The call log was under the name Spears. Taxi driver SR said he wrote it down as Spears. Look it up.

Hanging out for the day this case folds into an outcome. Still pondering that Sarah thought she got into the taxi she ordered. And whether that car that arrived had already premeditated her abduction.
Claremont had taxis sit close because the amount of jobs that would be called from the nightclub hotspot.
Im hearing everyone on the 6 minute taxi arrival. I wonder if the cab calls back on the job as a cancel, and that was 6 minutes? Obviously it goes into a database or they wouldnt have the details.
Ill have a look for the taxi records.

Presuming this person is who they say they were.
Further to this I was working at a certain taxi company when CSK were happening and when we received a call through from police operations to check the records of calls made to phone booths, street corners and businesses near Stirling hwy on the date/2 hour timeslot that SS disappeared. It was my job to search the call data and confirm firstly the call, and cab number and status of the fare. I can reassure you that I did find her call (under the name Spears) and that the allocated cab number called back with NT "not there". That cab then went on to pick up another fare within that zone reasonably quickly.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/claremont-serial-killings.985161/page-113

Sarah Spiers - Bright Spier

Sarah means 'bright'

Jane Rimmer - John Rhymer

Ciara Glennon - Dark Cloak

Ciara means dark, a feminine of Ciarian

The PMS Pantone printing system
Crabstick - where threads go to die

You've scared everyone away. Again, don't mean to be nasty but someone needs to point it out to you.

Gday everyone, back after a few busy weeks.
Just reading back through the pages and I'm disappointed for the Spiers family. I was hoping those skeletal remains were Sarah's for the fact it would of brought an element of closure for the family.
Does anyone believe an arrest is in the near future? I sincerely hope so, for the families sake.
Now with the dispatch/call out system for taxi's back 20 years ago, would they of been easy to scan with a radio scanner? Only reason I ask is, IF someone had a radio scanner, then they could potentially intercept the call out job and pull up to Sarah and say to the effect "hey, you're lucky, I was just around the corner dropping a few off to the clubs". You wouldn't think twice hoping in then, none of us would either. It would also raise the least amount of attention too if the vehicle was new-ish and with a sticker and light imitating a local cab driver as previously discussed.
Thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Gday everyone, back after a few busy weeks.
Just reading back through the pages and I'm disappointed for the Spiers family. I was hoping those skeletal remains were Sarah's for the fact it would of brought an element of closure for the family.
Does anyone believe an arrest is in the near future? I sincerely hope so, for the families sake.
Now with the dispatch/call out system for taxi's back 20 years ago, would they of been easy to scan with a radio scanner? Only reason I ask is, IF someone had a radio scanner, then they could potentially intercept the call out job and pull up to Sarah and say to the effect "hey, you're lucky, I was just around the corner dropping a few off to the clubs". You wouldn't think twice hoping in then, none of us would either. It would also raise the least amount of attention too if the vehicle was new-ish and with a sticker and light imitating a local cab driver as previously discussed.
Thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Claremont Serial Killings

(modsnip)

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...are_fid=23893&share_type=t&share_pid=37530990

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that.I wasn't sure. I was only a pup back then. I use a 2 way at work currently, but wasn't sure how it all worked back then as I was in school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiajean