Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the Police used the TRG to make the arrest from a PR POV. I think it instills confidence in the general public. Police had already lost a lot of brownie points in this case. No need to pussy foot around once they had their man. But that's not to say the other reasons put forward on here aren't correct.
I agree, high profile case deserves all the bells and whistles.

3. Karakatta Cemetry. I think there's been some good speculation on Karakatta of late and definitely think it's a really significant location for most if not all of the offences. For what it's worth, I think people on here are on the right track in terms of it being a location for the murders.

I think KK makes for an excellent possibility as a murder site, the proximity to the abduction point is a great start. Serial killers love familiarity, it helps them feel comfortable. The fact the CSK chose to abduct from the same geographical location proves this is the case with him, and with having taken the KK victim there in 1995 it would suggest that the KK location fits within his comfort zone. So there is great reasoning behind this being a murder location as speculated by other members, I am leaning more towards this theory myself.

The alleged CSK BRE has been officially charged with wilfull murder (same as murder 1 in USA I think) now so the WAPOL case is now subjudice because the legal process has started so they can't publicise any evidence they do or don't have against him. Everything will come out in the trial. No one else has ever been charged in this case so the rules of the court haven't applied to any previous POIs. IMO this bagging of WAPOL and evidence released is trying to derail the thread not others who are discussing methods, locations, etc. That said you have the right to your opinions as do I and none of us deserve to be abused for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well said Owlie !

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1987-1991 Dennis Lyddieth rapes women in home invasions.
1988 CSK attempts home invasion.

1994 Stirling Hwy attempted abductions and rapes.
1995 CSK blitz attack and rape KK.

1996 SS abducted.
1996 & 1997 JR and CG abducted.

His known victims, that have been linked through evidence, all occur after the media would have reported similar crimes. Maybe these inspired him. IMO.

I find SS to be an anomaly, possibly linked to the other abductions/rapes that involved taxis. Who knows how many serial killers were operating at the same time in this area. IMO the ones linked to taxis could have been a two man team who were operating in the area at the time and inspired the CSK.

I agree with recent speculation that CSK may have changed his MO frequently. Perhaps there are other crimes that could have been copied. There are definitely missing women who fit his type.

Dennis Lyddieth
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/repeat-rapist-fails-to-get-out-of-jail-ng-ya-252533

Stirling Highway timeline
http://missingandmurderedaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/claremont-timeline.html

Perth missing women and a couple SKs.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...s/news-story/0c2ef54e364745c7c0582b4e60685a91

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With regards to the fibres from the commodore upholstery that reportedly went missing. It wouldn't be too hard for the defence to argue and create doubt that the commodore fibres could have easily been contaminated by an officer who handled/ transported them given that the police drove the same type of vehicle. Especially if the fibres went missing and were found to be in the possession of police at a later date. They will need more than that given how common the type of vehicle was. Of course if the accused's car still contains evidence then you have a smoking gun. On their own they are not worth a lot especially if they are proven to have been "lost".

This is in regards to claims that DNA evidence could be planted or falsified.

Planting evidence in one crime scene in this day and age is hard, It can be done and does continue to happen but planting evidence across multiple crime scenes makes things even harder. When collecting or accessing evidence there is a chain of command. A police officer, detective or forensic expert must sign for the evidence on both check out and check in of storage. If someone were to plant DNA in the evidence files for the Huntingdale attack, Karakatta rape kit and Ciara Glennon murder there would be a paper trail as clear as day. It is not an impossible probability of this happening but the chances are that slim that I would personally consider it to be non existent. Evidence is preserved in the condition they were received in. they are kept in a security sealed evidence bag that cannot be interfered with. Outside of LE experts might have access to the evidence but the require an expert certificate and also must follow the same procedures put in place for LE. Planting evidence is most likely to occur at the time of evidence collection (accounting for 89.2% of proven evidence tampering cases) I just find it inconceivable that police would have planted DNA evidence for one Bradley Robert Edwards at the time of collection with a cunning master plan of making the link some 20 years later.

DNA evidence alone will not convict criminals so even if the jury is presented with the slightest hint of doubt police will introduce evidence of the crime, character, reputation or conduct of the defendant, or evidence of a tendency the defendant has or had in order to make their case. The DNA evidence, considered with all the other evidence in the case, is likely to show there is no other reasonable explanation other than the defendant's guilt but it will not be the sole evidence for making the case against Bradley Edwards.

Agreed. And in Australia DNA evidence is identification evidence which can get a prosecution past a no case to answer point but not to beyond reasonable doubt on its own.

Hi all, this is probably telling everyone how to suck eggs, but I only found this by chance a few months back. If you want to know which members are on line at the time you are reading/posting just scroll right down near the bottom left of screen and in blue writing below adverts etc. you will see everyone's names listed who are online plus the number of guests viewing at that time, this changes constantly of course as people go on and off. Also a little green light is next to the name of the poster when they are on line. Probably bleeding obvious but just thought I'd mention it for any new people on here. It's interesting to watch how many "guests" turn into members on line as the posts heat up!:lurk:

nugget
i dont think the CSK used a gun simply because there was no blood or any sign of a struggle found
this is why the cops think he killed the girls somewere else
im leaning towards the same mo as the KK attack

Hi all, this is probably telling everyone how to suck eggs, but I only found this by chance a few months back. If you want to know which members are on line at the time you are reading/posting just scroll right down near the bottom left of screen and in blue writing below adverts etc. you will see everyone's names listed who are online plus the number of guests viewing at that time, this changes constantly of course as people go on and off. Also a little green light is next to the name of the poster when they are on line. Probably bleeding obvious but just thought I'd mention it for any new people on here. It's interesting to watch how many "guests" turn into members on line as the posts heat up!:lurk:

Thanks for that I had realised about the names but not the green light

Yeah I don't believe in conspiracy theories and set ups, I will back WAPOL on this one.

Thanks for that I had realised about the names but not the green light

You're welcome Janwa! I'm always the one that asks the bleeding obvious question/makes the bleeding obvious statement, usually the one everyone else wanted to ask/say but was too scared to. I have a little ornament of a giraffe with a tiny sign which says "stick your neck out", kind of sums it up for me!!

You're welcome Janwa! I'm always the one that asks the bleeding obvious question/makes the bleeding obvious statement, usually the one everyone else wanted to ask/say but was too scared to. I have a little ornament of a giraffe with a tiny sign which says "stick your neck out", kind of sums it up for me!!

I always like the saying
"The only dumb questions are the questions that DON'T get asked!"

Same same but different :)

nugget
i dont think the CSK used a gun simply because there was no blood or any sign of a struggle found
this is why the cops think he killed the girls somewere else
im leaning towards the same mo as the KK attack
when did stun guns become available, and don't they leave a recognizable mark on a victim? disablement, no mess

[emoji887]

That's a lotta neck to stick out!
I hope you know Kung fu or self defence tactics! Lol [emoji23]

I always like the saying
"The only dumb questions are the questions that DON'T get asked!"

Same same but different :)

BBM Why do you ask this Grasshopper? :doorhide:

What exactly was lost, just the JR Commodore fibers right? or did they lose DNA evidence also? from my understanding there has never been a mention of the kimono being lost, only that it was in storage and unchecked, and KK and CG evidence hasn't been mentioned as being lost so I'm assuming the DNA evidence still remains in good standing and the only questionable piece would be the fibers which Macro managed to lose on 2 occasions.

I highly doubt that BRE had any inclination that he was a suspect and with confirmed linked killings of the CSK having stopped in 1997 there was no reason for Macro to act post haste, and unprepared in arresting the accused. I speculate that they had already begun building a case prior to the arrest and that DNA was just icing on the cake, everything since is formality. As bad of a reputation as WAPOL might have I can't see them bungling such a public case as the Claremont Serial Killer, there is just way too much at stake.

Fibres, from JR were identified as having not been tested during a review.

When testing was authorised, the fibres could not be located, as they had been misplaced, but not lost during a move.

When they were subsequently located and tested, they were linked to fabric from White VS Commodore Station Wagons known to be used as Telstra fleet vehicles.

Evidence is of course, properly stored in tamper evident storage containers and there are protocols for accessing and handling it.

The same review identified “a critical item” that had been overlooked for testing from CG, which subsequently produced DNA evidence.

This item was not misplaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members