Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an additional theory to where the crimes were committed, in the event that the CSK is indeed BRE or another Telstra worker, has anyone considered the Telstra exchange on Clive St just a km down the road from Club Bay View off Stirling Hwy?

This is a warehouse type building opposite another warehouse type building (currently Automasters, not sure if it was this at the time).

Presents an excellent alibi for a Telstra worker to be in the area/building ie emergency works. Far less public or a chance for witnesses than the cemetery plus fits earlier theories that he would have killed the victims nearby.

Interested in the groups thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Captain T. This has been discussed, if I remember rightly, back in previous thread 12? Or could have been earlier on this one. Complete with photos of the building from all angles etc. I think the gist of the discussion came down to the fact that you'd need access codes to get in and records would be kept, but it was a very spooky looking building and certainly was/perhaps still is, worth a look? I'm sure others that checked it out will come on here and tell you more. Stick around, there's always something interesting, thought provoking, sometimes annoying, sometimes downright hilarious, happening on here! :)

Thanks Captain T. This has been discussed, if I remember rightly, back in previous thread 12? Or could have been earlier on this one. Complete with photos of the building from all angles etc. I think the gist of the discussion came down to the fact that you'd need access codes to get in and records would be kept, but it was a very spooky looking building and certainly was/perhaps still is, worth a look? I'm sure others that checked it out will come on here and tell you more. Stick around, there's always something interesting, thought provoking, sometimes annoying, sometimes downright hilarious, happening on here! :)

Ok I'll look, thanks

Remember that SS was pre 9/11 and security was a bit more lax at the time. Maybe a key was all that was required (which a Telstra worker would have) so likely no records/CCTV etc.

Ok I'll look, thanks

Remember that SS was pre 9/11 and security was a bit more lax at the time. Maybe a key was all that was required (which a Telstra worker would have) so likely no records/CCTV etc.

My husband had similar theory about that exchange. Like he would have offered a lift home saying I'm heading that way I just have to drop off some equipment first if you don't mind then drives there, pulls into the garage of the place and that's it, easy as that.

I have posted about both topics prior so apologies for rehashing old stuff. Regarding Ted Bundy, my understanding is that he was from anything but a normal family; he was born an illegitimate child to a young mother who had him in a women's refuge, then returned to her family home where Ted was raised as her brother rather than son by his grandparents. His grandfather was supposedly very abusive in the household, so Ted would have been exposed to the primary male figure being violent, controlling and abusive towards the females in the household, which would have created a template for his understanding of power relationships and male dominance. He would have also experienced childhood trauma being exposed to family domestic violence, which significantly affects brain development and the ability to emotionally self-regulate. Antisocial behaviours can come about from dysregulated childhoods with ruptured or insecure primary care-giver attachments, initially it might be because they are 'acting out' to express emotional distress and becomes a more habitual behavioural pattern to seek attention. The impaired brain development, and lack of secure attachment can result in people developing poor levels of interpersonal empathy, but they also have higher tolerances for excitement and are more likely to be impulsive and seek out pleasure sensation through risk behaviours, so it's not hard to see how this lays the path to 'psychopathy'. On top of this apparently Ted 'knew something was not right' in his family, experienced a profound identity crisis, and came to develop a deep hated of his mother as he learned she had 'abandoned him'. It was also said that he had a huge chip on his shoulder about the family's social position and was a narcissistic striver from a young age. So, we're talking about a kid who was exposed to a most unfortunate upbringing and would have had a significantly messed up emotional development.

When he did that final death-row interview he basically abdicated all personal responsibility and placed it on 'hardcore *advertiser censored*', acting like a good concerned citizen, just another glib emotionless ploy from a profoundly psychologically damaged man with no grounding moral centre. Nonetheless, he was right about the effects of *advertiser censored*. We now know that sexual stimuli releases large amounts of dopamine into the brain along with other neurochemicals, and that *advertiser censored* is effectively mainlining sexual stimuli at levels far beyond we're naturally evolved for. After a while, the brain fatigues and doesn't create the same level of dopamine so a person often needs to seek out new and stronger material to achieve the same levels of excitement and stimulation. I would say that there are a significant number of men who have at least somewhat of a dependency or ongoing issue with *advertiser censored*, particularly because it is so readily available on the internet. Now, whether or not people have a 'moral' issue with *advertiser censored* is up to the user to decide, but regardless *advertiser censored* and the kinds of behaviours seen in it are normalised in users minds, and it is not uncommon for people to have 'cognitive distortions' about sexual relationships, expectations and performance. This occurs even in the minds of psychologically healthy people, but you can imagine the effect it might have when regularly consumed by someone with high sensation seeking tendencies towards risk behaviours and a poor sense of empathy for others where their needs are placed above the needs of others. So *advertiser censored* on its own does not an offender make, but it can be a contributing factor to an individual significantly predisposed to antisocial behaviour through childhood developmental issues.

I would feel very confident in speculating that the accused has a history of *advertiser censored* use. I believe that sexual excitement would have been his largest preoccupation at different stages of his life depending on the circumstances and that he would likely have been driving around fantasising about all manner of things, particularly all sorts of possibilities for himself, fuelled and justified by various cognitive distortions and beliefs. I suspect he is very private with this though, and while might have been distressed about a breakup with EE, that he also might have felt quite liberated to have space to himself to use as he pleased, which would have coincided with increased *advertiser censored* use. I also feel very confident that he would have continued to use *advertiser censored*, perhaps very extreme content only found on the dark web. I think he would have had an area in the house, spare bedroom perhaps, set up to be quite private for both gaming and other nocturnal activities, and that he would have been very protective and intimidating about this space. I think CGE would have found this very unusual and although frightened, possibly explored his computer setup while he was not there. This is all speculation, but I would bet that knowing what we've just said about neural wiring around pleasure seeking behaviours, that any WAPOL psych would have taken one look at a 48 y.o. man smack bang in the target offender age range with a highly unattended to yard but a private interest in gaming and computers and found it at least rather compelling.

Great post perpendicular - thanks.
You obviously are very well educated and well versed in psychological development and processes.

Have you considered becoming a verified insider on WS? I'm guessing your profession would definitely warrant verification.

Because if you plan to not include your sources please consider becoming verified as a professional.

Even though I agree with your comments, and I recognise their accuracy, I still think you need to include web links as per the RULES of WS.

Ok I'll look, thanks

I agree with your comment CaptainTurbid in regards to different security levels pre 9/11. Although systems were often in place back then, there was quite often ways and means around them.

For example, I had a number of friends in the 80's & 90's who were flight attendants and although there was strict airport security in place, they got up to all kinds of shenanigans - around the security systems in place.

I am also aware of a number of examples in the marine industry which have security systems in place.

The point I am making is that although systems were in place, there was often an easy way around these systems pre 9/11. 'Back in the day' people were also very trusting.

I would imagine that it would have been quite possible for entry into the Telstra building outside of the normal entry procedure.

Looking through some old threads and found these interesting comments regards to the CSK profile - developed by WAPOL in conjunction with experts (mentioned in drpath's post below in 2013 - note only part of drpath's post quoted)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by drpath
The Crime Investigation Australia episode about the CSK, made in conjunction with the WA Police, states the following regarding the CSK profile that was developed by Police in liaison with Claude Menicini and former FBI Captain David Caldwell...

"All that's (publicly) revealed about the killer's profile is that he's organised and that the abductions were carefully planned and controlled...this person clearly knew what he was doing and had planned it meticulously right down to what they were going to do when the girls got in the car, how they would restrain them...it would have to have been well planned for it to be carried out so well"

Is there any reason to think that the location of the murders might be different to the dumping grounds? I think someone said there was a police statement about the girls being murdered closer to Claremont & then dumped? Can anyone provide a link?

I wonder if the SK may have evolved & started doing that after SS. My reason being, I remembered a post (thread 5) about a scream that was heard in Pechey rd carpark on the night of SS disappearance. Is that scream confirmed or just rumour? And was it really on the night of the disappearance?

300ac8224e88a33785ad5fb93422e2bd.jpg
992a7c5c1d54a5f3541f44eb54f3b31b.jpg
69c4f5afafbd42e4db3894e697998bdc.jpg

I think the CSK changed his MO quite a bit...
The white commodore station wagon is mentioned quite a lot in attempted abductions /abductions and even the offering of lifts back in the late 1990s

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Thanks for your post mandy.maree - do you by any chance have the other column of the article posted whereby the woman mentions that "she got into the back seat and was groping for the keys when" ...

Just wondering what happens next? TIA.

Thanks for your post mandy.maree - do you by any chance have the other column of the article posted whereby the woman mentions that "she got into the back seat and was groping for the keys when" ...

Just wondering what happens next? TIA.
From the Subiaco Post Dec 22,2015
850ed6a600ac0ea402c995613c9c56dc.jpg

dfb13683d3fe12c9002c95b8ee485990.jpg

Seemed a bit hard to read on my screen so thought I'll send this as well in case the other isn't working

The below article mentions that Mr Ross picked up SS in his taxi the night before she disappeared and mentions that "she got into a taxi with two strangers, one really drunk girl and a bloke, who hopped in at the last minute:"

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/claremont-serial-killer-investigation-ruined-lives-of-persons-of-interest/news-story/2ee1d8937ad7499c2ed91edb39af5a1a

Is it possible that this was perhaps the accused BRE and was his first contact with SS?

dfb13683d3fe12c9002c95b8ee485990.jpg

Seemed a bit hard to read on my screen so thought I'll send this as well in case the other isn't working

Thanks for that mandy.maree, much appreciated :) .

A lucky escape for the woman I think.

If we consider that this 'near miss' incident and also the Cottesloe abduction was not reported to police at the time - how many additional 'near misses' or assaults/abductions have not been reported.

3c1405bbf4b6657aa2042a5e54ce42a9.jpg

This driver has never come forward. JRs Mystery man has never come forward..the driver of the car seen near SS has never come forward.
Pretty sure they are all one and the same...and definitely had something to hide.

Can anyone tell if the accused is left handed?
I cant tell much at all from the footage of him. I ask because MM seems to motion with his left hand so could be

I know why the driver did not come forward. Because it did not happen like that. CG was not talking to anyone and no car stop

I know why the driver did not come forward. Because it did not happen like that. CG was not talking to anyone and no car stop
That is quite possible Frankie. I know you have said no car stopped that night.
Just curious why police would add that in if it's not accurate.
They weren't even looking for such a vehicle back then. They were too focused on taxi drivers and other suspects.
Maybe they had cctv or some other evidence that placed the vehicle in the area

The AOTC's official name was changed to Telstra in April 1993. It adopted the Telstra identity as its trading name overseas, but preserved the Telecom Australia name domestically (with a redesigned logo) until 1 July 1995, where it adopted the Telstra branding domestically as well.
[h=3]Telecom Australia - Wikipedia[/h]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecom_Australia

Just thought this might be helpful to remind ourselves of actual dates when the name change happened and the new
logo change happened in Australia for research purposes. Doing some research myself and seeing where it
takes me with the D sites and perhaps SS site. Let's pray someone gets some insight into this as it's so important we find
dear SS.

Thanks for that mandy.maree, much appreciated :) .

A lucky escape for the woman I think.

If we consider that this 'near miss' incident and also the Cottesloe abduction was not reported to police at the time - how many additional 'near misses' or assaults/abductions have not been reported.

Something similar happened to me recently. A truck screeched to a halt infront of me blocking my path. I stopped & a guy got out explaining he wanted to look for a baby magpie he'd left there. My daughter wanted to go with him to look but when he stopped I'd warned her it was dangerous & she had to stay with me & do what I said no matter what. I looked interested & I'm sure he thought I was about to go check for it with him. When he looked up we were 20m away from him, he kept yelling out warning me it was swooping season. I wasn't really sure if he was a good neighbour caring for the birds or a scary neighbour. And I've had many things like this happen to the point where you don't really notice, it just becomes normal. I have learnt to report things as I've always been wary of strangers, but I can easily understand them not being reported. I did report this case but police didn't want to investigate or record it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600