Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #3

I think it will be Elisa.....How very very sad for her family. Regardless of whether it was misadventure, suicide or foul play - there are 3 little children without a mother to kiss them and tuck them in tonight....
IMO it’s going to be near impossible to make a determination between accident/suicide.
It would be a shame if she DIDN’T kill herself but due to her history of depression and closing her Facebook account (shock horror - she must be suicidal)
they conclude she DID.
That’s why if I did something like that, I would leave a note so no- one was in any doubt that it wasn’t their fault or something they did or didn’t do - but my own inability to go on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, I'm really feeling it for those kids. I live near by and drive past their street often, did so just yesterday, took a deep breath as I did, glanced up, thought of those kids. It is feeling very close to home at the moment. At kinder pick up today all I had to say is 'they found a body' and all the parents knew what I was talking about. Very close to home. Hug your kids. Live life in the moment, the moment is all we really have. x

There are currently 40 users browsing this thread. (14 members and 26 guests)

Sad ending.

G'night guys.

Attachments

• IMG_1823.JPG
    IMG_1823.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 81
The one thing that makes me think it wasn't an accident was that she turned her phone off on Sat night. A parent who is away from their children wouldn't turn their phone off. Unless something was very wrong...

If it was an accident and for some reason she turned her phone off before bed on Sat night, why didn't she turn it on as soon as she got up on Sun morning? I can understand her not taking it with her for a morning run, but why didn't she turn it on before she left to check her messages etc?

Her poor family. I hope they can determine what happened for her family's sake.

“The remains will need to be examined by a pathologist to establish the identity of the person and the cause of death.
“Anyone who locates what they believe to be human remains on the beach is asked to leave them in place and call police.”...............

Oh dear.

By 2.15pm the remains were bagged and removed from the quiet stretch of beach as water police on jetskis and the force’s air wing joined the recovery search.....

Longtime friends Clare from Collingwood and Renee from Tasmania had been staying near the Curry holiday home and said the story had captivated everyone.
“It’s been such a big topic here, it’s shaken the small town,” Clare said.
“Everyone walking around the town has been fearing the worst.
“It’s such a beautiful part of the world here; I just hope there can be some closure that comes for the poor family.”

Anglesea resident Chris Evans said while the beach at the centre of Wednesday’s find was abuzz with people on the weekend, it was typically a quiet and peaceful spot.
Walking in the area with his young children, Mr Evans said his family were all surprised to see such a large police presence flock into their seaside neighbourhood.
“There was too many police there not to see them,” he said.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/...fb89508434b717

Speculation swirls about body found near Anglesea
The Sydney Morning Herald
Tom Cowie, Debbie Cuthbertson
4 hours ago (as at 00:30 AEST 12 October 2017)

‘The questions started coming soon after the grim find on a beach near the small seaside town of Anglesea: is it her?’

[...]

‘All that could be seen of their work as the rain closed in on Wednesday afternoon were footprints. Then the tide washed those away too.’

http://www.smh.com.au/victoria/spec...body-found-near-anglesea-20171011-gyz20g.html

Rest well . . .

[h=1]Police remain tight-lipped on identity of body found at Anglesea[/h]
Police continue to forensically test human remains, believed to be that of a woman, found on Victoria's surf coast.

A local woman walking her dog discovered the remains in Anglesea about midday today.

"The remains will need to be examined by a pathologist to establish the identity of the person and cause of death," police said in a statement.
Authorities have since warned other locals in the area that they should avoiding touching human remains if they are found, and contact police.
http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...s-found-at-point-roadknight-near-aireys-inlet

Oh boy. That last statement makes it sound like they only found some parts. :(

The one thing that makes me think it wasn't an accident was that she turned her phone off on Sat night. A parent who is away from their children wouldn't turn their phone off. Unless something was very wrong...

If it was an accident and for some reason she turned her phone off before bed on Sat night, why didn't she turn it on as soon as she got up on Sun morning?

Possibly phone charger was in SH? Perhaps no nefarious issue about it being off after 10.30, it just wasn't charged? (?)

Also great marathon photos. Not unusual for runners not to wear Fitbit or record their run if they think it's going to be a 'bad' one.

Was her FB deleted previously, I wonder? Years before even? Then the occurrence is more a coincidence than a pointer. But which fictional sleuth doesn't accept coincidences?

I think it will be Elisa.....How very very sad for her family. Regardless of whether it was misadventure, suicide or foul play - there are 3 little children without a mother to kiss them and tuck them in tonight....
IMO it’s going to be near impossible to make a determination between accident/suicide.
It would be a shame if she DIDN’T kill herself but due to her history of depression and closing her Facebook account (shock horror - she must be suicidal)
they conclude she DID.
That’s why if I did something like that, I would leave a note so no- one was in any doubt that it wasn’t their fault or something they did or didn’t do - but my own inability to go on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really would make things easier for everyone if suicides left a note. Makes it even harder for family if they don't know, likewise police resources.

I am more likely to believe suicide over accident.

We go to Aireys a lot. We have walked some of those paths along the cliffs and they don't go that close to the edge. The very close bits are either fenced or have dense shrubs on the edges.

Is it possible (given the current was going in the right direction) for a body to take 11 days to travel 7kms? Assuming she entered the water at Aireys...

It would be interesting to know if Elisa was a swimmer. She could have gone in for a quick dip and had been taken by a shark or some sort of misadventure on rocks or medical condition ie stroke or heart attack.

“The remains will need to be examined by a pathologist to establish the identity of the person and the cause of death.
“Anyone who locates what they believe to be human remains on the beach is asked to leave them in place and call police.”...............

Oh dear.

By 2.15pm the remains were bagged and removed from the quiet stretch of beach as water police on jetskis and the force’s air wing joined the recovery search.....

Longtime friends Clare from Collingwood and Renee from Tasmania had been staying near the Curry holiday home and said the story had captivated everyone.

“It’s been such a big topic here, it’s shaken the small town,” Clare said.
“Everyone walking around the town has been fearing the worst.
“It’s such a beautiful part of the world here; I just hope there can be some closure that comes for the poor family.”

Anglesea resident Chris Evans said while the beach at the centre of Wednesday’s find was abuzz with people on the weekend, it was typically a quiet and peaceful spot.
Walking in the area with his young children, Mr Evans said his family were all surprised to see such a large police presence flock into their seaside neighbourhood.
“There was too many police there not to see them,” he said.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/...fb89508434b717

Looks like friends in the area have been active in the community - though it's unclear whether they were staying down there before the disappearance. I wonder if one of these friends was the one who spent the Grand Final time with EC. I recall reading very early on that a friend was staying on at the holiday house in case EC returned to the house, which made DC & the kids returning to Surrey Hills seem more logical.

I also wonder how many people were friends with the family in the area, or at least regular holidayers - we're only really aware of a few, but it's likely they had friends visit the area as well as connecting with locals. I guess it opens up the possible scenarios for her interacting with other people (apart from strangers) since that last contact we're aware of. JMO

Not sure whether these have been shared already, but there are pictures of Elisa completing this year's Boston Marathon here - including pictures with her husband, who IMO looks very happy and proud of her. She seems like a genuinely lovely person to me, I feel so sad about this case

http://www.marathonfoto.com/Proofs?PIN=V3S965&LastName=CURRY

What a fabulous achievement. Well done Elisa! I now wonder if Elisa ate a solid meal on the Saturday at some time. If she took off for a run or swim on Sunday morning without any sustenance and replenished fluid levels she may well have gotten herself into medical difficulties.

I am more likely to believe suicide over accident.

We go to Aireys a lot. We have walked some of those paths along the cliffs and they don't go that close to the edge. The very close bits are either fenced or have dense shrubs on the edges.

Is it possible (given the current was going in the right direction) for a body to take 11 days to travel 7kms? Assuming she entered the water at Aireys...

Entirely possible. It depends if a person’s torso was injured in a fall (if it was, the longer their remains may stay on the sea floor), if their remains were caught under rocks, how long their remains stay on the sea floor and the types of scavengers there are in that particular part of the ocean, the person’s weight (the more adipose [fat] tissue a person has, the quicker their remains float to the surface); the salinity, temperature and acidity of the water which impacts on decomposition time; current, swell and wave action; what they were wearing (not to be too gruesome but hands and feet are the first to detach from a body and if the person was wearing runners their feet float).

if this is Lisa, so very sad, but better than not having any answers. You Australians are a wonderful lot and I have appreciated reading your posts. I like the insight from a different perspective. Very smart posters in here, with a lot of empathy and compassion. Perhaps Lisa's loved ones will one day stumble upon this thread and find some nugget of solace, knowing so many folks care and worked so hard to find her.

So very sorry to Lisa's community, her children, (and yes, especially her dog), and all those who know and love her. (staying in present tense... feels better)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back