Australia Australia - Hayley Dodd, 17, Badgingarra WA, 29 Jul 1999 *retrial Guilty, manslaughter*

Hi to everyone - will Hayley Dodd’s thread be kept open so sleuthers can continue trying to find Hayley’s remains? I hope so because information shared here may be relevant to finding poor Hayley😢 MOO

Just think if the police had done their job properly 17 years ago, it would of prevented a rape, abduction and possibly a murder in Queensland.

Hi to everyone - will Hayley Dodd’s thread be kept open so sleuthers can continue trying to find Hayley’s remains? I hope so because information shared here may be relevant to finding poor Hayley MOO

I think so Annalise.

Just think if the police had done their job properly 17 years ago, it would of prevented a rape, abduction and possibly a murder in Queensland.

And probably others we don’t yet know about or ever will. Tragic, isn’t it?

Det Sgt Bethell

This man worked on the cold case and in 2013 found the earring evidence. So all the evidence collected by the original police who were sent to Moora to work was just stored and never tested. The police were told to finish up in Moora and Hayley’s case was made a missing person’s case. Crazy!
These police in Moora in 1999 collected the evidence. Wark was a suspect. Then they were told to pack up and come back to Perth. Had they been allowed to continue Wark may well have been arrested for the crime and Wark would not have committed the rape and probably other crimes. MOO

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/c...20180124/2cb2c712146ad43ea4f7fe45f9d46748.jpg

So I'm just catching up on all this and yet again in utter disbelief that it has taken them so long to arrest this man.
There were people on this site Years ago bringing up that name with what seemed like certainty in relation to Hayleys disappearance.
Better late than never I guess...
Sure hope he tells Hayleys family where she is so she can finally be laid to rest .

And imo this sick ******* was injured by Hayley with the knife given to her that day. He has then gone out of his way to get into an "accident" to cover up the cuts and scratches she inflicted on him...also gave him a nice alibi about his whereabouts that day

Also pretty sure he's tried framing his pedophile housemate for all this.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I understand that you are more informed about this case than I am, probably because you're local! Myself being from Croatia, everything I know from this case is on the internet, so I might be wrong on this one. But, everywhere I go, everywhere I look, everyone says that she was dropped off by lady Margaret Johnson at approximately 11 a.m. on the corner of Winjardie/North West Road. So she commenced her walk 40 minutes later. Now, that means that she reached Watthingara/North West Road corner in 35 minutes on foot, which is almost immpossible, because I saw it on Google Maps. By your calculation, it will be reasonable to assume that she arrived there at approximately 12:38 a.m. If she really arrived there at 11:35 a.m., somebody had to pick her up, but she wasn't hitchhiking, that's a delusion, she was walking on the left side of the road towards the farm, she didn't hold thumb in the air! Margaret Johnson picked her up because she felt sorry for her and offered her a lift which Hayley accepted.

I hope that we can make a healthy discussion on this matter, because I'm very interested in this case. Also, I would like to now, why did police tentatively anounced inquest for the January of this year, they weren't happy with it? I have a feeling that they searhed Wark's property just for the sake of it, so that they can legally delay inquest! Search commenced less than two months before inquest should be held. I'm not saying that he's not involved because he most surely is, but that could have been done much earlier. Just have that awful feeling that someone knows something and wants to hide it from the public.

And I would be really thankful, if you can share a detailed timeline of that day when Hayley dissapeared, because police said that there are many witnesses from where she commenced her walk and the Badgingarra rubbish tip, which is not so far away. And what about occupants of shiny blue/green sedan or army style truck which where seen on that day, on that same road by motorist? Were they ever found or interviewed?

Thanks in advance :peace:
Kraki sorry i had forgotten that you have been on this thread since years ago.
Rereading from the start has reminded me that i read your posts a long time ago. Im reading from the start of the thread to investigate everything thats been put down here.
Just now am reminded that Hayley wasn't actually hitchhiking, more so choosing what she thought were safe vehicles and walking also.
Meaning that it is a good possibility, that Wark had to convince Hayley that she should get in his car right ?
Did he have to do a U-Turn in the ute, to give her the lift ?
If so, this supports an idea ive got that Wark had foreknowledge Hayley was arriving, to go to the Hammonds seldom seen farm that day. .

Reading the posts from the start of the thread is enlightening . There is interesting stuff to be found. Supposing the Police had found the earring but hadnt told Hayley's family or anybody (at that stage 2013).
The media news reports are vague and information released to the media is nondescript. Knowing they had found the earring but not telling Margaret Dodd must have been awfully difficult..?

Perhaps #ian moone will return to locate the victim remains using torah codes....?

#Froglady , you've been here from the start too, much respect. Now i remember why you seemed familiar when you posted on the Nannup missing thread,you were here years ago . Much respect to you, and Kraki for being here so long .
This case is far from over and hope we can figure out more of this as it seems there is more to uncover..

So Where did they dissappear the body ?

my Opinion Only
cfaabafdc03adb1c77fbb84df1144d0b.jpg

Before I offer my opinions on interesting theories that were recently posted, I'd like to paste here paragraphs from the judgment about Jamie Smith. He still wasn't mentioned here and I think that he has to be.

In 1999 Mr Jamie Smith was a friend of Bradley Hammond. He
must have also been friendly with the accused as he used to go into the
Australia Post shop in Moora with him

Mr Smith had lived on Seldom Seen farm on and off for one to two
years over a period which included his 17th birthday which was on
1 October 1998. He was friends with Bradley Hammond and knew
members of his family, including Keith Hammond. Whilst he was staying
at the farm, Ms Dodd came to visit on a couple of occasions with
Kristal Hammond and Ms Dodd's sister. On his 17th birthday he had
drinks at the Badgingarra Tavern with a small group of friends. Ms Dodd
was present. Mr Smith said that although he regarded Ms Dodd as a
friend, he would not have invited her to Badgingarra especially for that
occasion. Consequently, she must have been staying at the farm at the
beginning of October 1998.

Mr Smith was an unimpressive witness. He claimed to have no
recollection of what he was doing on 29 July 1999, despite being spoken
to by the police a few days later about that topic and reading his statement
in preparation for court. Mr Smith did not give evidence that he had an
alibi for the time Ms Dodd went missing. He claimed to not have seen
Ms Dodd around the time she went missing and to have no involvement in
her disappearance. It was not suggested to him that he was lying in that
regard.

Mr Smith may have had an opportunity to offend against Ms Dodd
on 29 July 1999. He knew her as a friend and there is no evidence before
me that he did not have the opportunity to encounter her.
The accused
told the police that he saw Mr Smith at the post office on 29 July 1999.

This is as far as I can go. To make any further findings in respect to
Mr Smith would be to speculate about matters which are not in evidence.

So here we have a guy who is not willing to speak like someone who is fully honest. And I'm not suggesting that he comitted murder when it's obvious that Wark did it. All I want to know is why would someone refuse to simply give as much evidence as he can. There has to be a reason for something like that. Maybe he doesn't want to open old wounds or you can insert here other innocent explanations. But what if it's something more sinister? His friend Bradley also doesn't want to say everything that he knows. Let's discuss. Do they know or one of them knows what happened to Hayley, do they know where the body is, maybe they have told Wark that Hayley is arriving on their farm.

I would also like to write about some details that aren't probably that relevant.

1. There's Dodd Street in Badgingarra. Is that just coincidence or is that some kind of tribute?
2. Excerpt from the judgment:

"Ms Frederickson also gave her a
postcard to post to her daughter in Mount Magnet. The card arrived at its
intended address on 2 August 1999 and so someone posted it. "

Can we somehow explain this? Hayley did that but they can't prove it? Or someone else?

3. Again:
"On Wednesday, 28 July 1999, Ms Dodd telephoned Keith
Hammond and told him that she was planning to visit the farm on
Thursday, 29 July or Friday, 30 July 1999. He told her that he would
not be home on Thursday as he would be attending to responsibilities as a
Shire councillor. He told her that if she arrived at the farm before he
returned home she could make herself at home until he returned.

I will now compare this paragraph with what Mrs Margaret Johnson had to say:

"Mrs Johnson asked whether she would be
able to get into her friend's place if they were not home. Ms Dodd said she would."

What to make of this? Did Keith Hammond left his house open for her?

I intentionally waited for the end of the trial so that I can start writing again. Reason for that is user Ian Moore who actually wrote here that I'm posting wrong informations. That's way I decided to wait until the end of a trial. Just to be sure about facts in this case because the last thing that I want to do is to misinform people. At the end it turns out that Ian Moore was spreading somewhat wrong informations. We all make mistakes, and I believe that he made his one having only the best intentions in his mind.

That part about meat is really interesting. Yet, I have to say that it's hard for me to believe that he was able to do that to her body in such a small timeframe. I'd say that you need longer period of time for something like that, to actually cut body into small pieces, even when you are well prepared. And another thing to take into consideration - where are the other parts if one big bulk was in the freezer? If McConnell was somehow involved in the cover-up, and if that was indeed human flesh there in the freezer, I don't think that he would mention any kind of meat to the investigators.

That part about meat is really interesting. Yet, I have to say that it's hard for me to believe that he was able to do that to her body in such a small timeframe. I'd say that you need longer period of time for something like that, to actually cut body into small pieces, even when you are well prepared. And another thing to take into consideration - where are the other parts if one big bulk was in the freezer? If McConnell was somehow involved in the cover-up, and if that was indeed human flesh there in the freezer, I don't think that he would mention any kind of meat to the investigators.

It was just a random thought. Unlikely, I agree, but there’s often a kernel of truth in every lie.

I'd like to share with everyone here my thoughts about what was going through my head today. Police gave up from this case early on, they decided to abandon Hayley because she wasn't that important. There were some more attractive cases for them at that time. We can only draw one conclusion: You're somehow more important if you vanish in the middle of the big city after night out with friends. Claremont murders, we all know about them. As tragic as they still are, they were killing in another way, innocent people, innocent families, destroying even the only thing that you usually have when your child dissapears - hope. MACRO task force had all the resources available, so much so that it made you think that Hayley is some product of your fiction. All the odds were stacked against her, she had only mother on her side, mother that never gave up, woman prepared to sacrifice her whole life for something that most of us take for granted. Yet, here we are in 2018 and Hayley's case is the first one solved. Isn't that irony of life? And to me it gives some greater sense of justice that's not as palpable as much as the one in court, but I can feel it. Somehow, after almost 20 years, she smashed all the odds.

If Hayley did inflict injury on Wark then the people at the Badgingarra Roadhouse had opportunity to see an injury on Warks body or face . That is when he paid the fuel bill at 1:30pm 29 july99

-------------------------------------

Quote Kraki : "His name is Ian McCooke, at that time he was the owner of Badgingarra Roadhouse. That witness said that Wark arrived early in the morning, around 7:00, refuelled his motorbike, paid 14,40 dollars and that's it. He denied that Wark could have arrived around lunch. Well, we have evidence that he was there after 13:30 with his motorbike. His wife admits that, another witness Mr. Skelley saw Wark and talked with him around that time."

Quote Kraki :
"Next one is Bradley Hammond and now things are becoming interesting if you ask me. During October of 1998, Hayley Dodd was with her younger sister Raenne on Seldom Seen farm, that same farm that she was trying to reach when she went missing. Reason why they were there? Owner of that farm was Keith Hammond who is now deceased, his son Bradley was also living there and his granddaughter Kristal was friend of Hayley's younger sister. Apparently Hayley enjoyed her time on farm, so much so that she talked to many of her friends about Bradley Hammond. Even Bradley's father Keith testified how Bradley had at least two telephone conversations with Hayley. It won't be unreasonable to assume that one of the reasons why Hayley wanted to go on farm again is to see Bradley Hammond again.
Well, problem is that Bradley denied any kind of friendship, it appears as though he's trying for some reason to minimize any kind of talk about Hayley. However he has alibi, on that day he left his car on Wark's property and together with convicted pedophile John McConnell he was picked up by their employer Mr. Terry Jones and trio was mulesing sheeps on farm all day long.
Police obviously doesn't have evidence that can make Mr. Hammond even more suspicious, but I still can't overlook him. Maybe he helped Wark after murder. Why is it so hard for him to admit that Hayley liked him, maybe he's hiding a terrible secret?"

------------------------------------

Regards to your suspicions about Brad H ,
Its possible he actually told his mates or friends close to him that Hayley was traveling to his farm this day,
so he may have inadvertently given forewarning to Wark & Co...

Maybe a mistake that he regrets, if it was innocently done? Causing Brad H to feel guilt for Hayley's murder ?
Rather than thinking suspiciously about his motives in court, i will give him the benefit of doubt at this point because theres no evidence to suggest otherwise is there ?

Therefore when Wark drove past, he recognized who it was when he saw her and was able to convince her to get in the car more easily... ?
He could say "oh Brad H is at my place" or something similar, to persuade her easily to trust him more...?
There are multiple possibilities in that regard .

Focusing on trying to find Hayley’s remains is the most important thing in my opinion now.
I hope now that the perpetrator has been found guilty, that the search for the victim is more possible to achieve ...

I was actually going back and forth in my head, I always try to look at this case from every possible angle. For example, what if Wark met her when she was there in October of 1998. Who knows, maybe he already knew about her at that time.

Only evidence about her letting someone know that she'll arrive in Badgingarra is testimony of Keith Hammond. She called him one day before. And Keith assumed that she'll arrive with car and only later in the afternoon, around 18:00. We can't dispute that, that's a fact. Maybe she earlier called Bradley to let him know.

I think that's a really good theory about Bradley Hammond. Maybe he told someone, perhaps Jamie Smith, that Hayley is arriving. And Smith told Wark in Moora that day when they have seen each other in post office that some girl called Hayley will arrive on that day. Wark maybe even knew her from October of last year. I completely agree, it would be easier for him to lure her into his car if he had mentioned Bradley.

Her earlier arrival in Badgingarra sealed her fate. 5 or more hours later Wark wouldn't have a chance to grab her probably. Trio from the farm had at that time finished with their job and they would be dangerously close to Wark's property or near it.

Even if they bring in Hayley’s Law, I’m not sure they can apply that retrospectively and, if he thinks he’ll die in jail, I don’t think he’s remorseful or compassionate enough to want to give her family closure. Maybe he’ll ‘find God’ in jail or Hayley’s remains may be found by accident. Sadly, both long shots.

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/poli...ved-qld-homicide-of-katie-oshea-ng-b88720090z

According to the reporter at the end of this video "No body, no parole" law will be restrospective, so it can be applied on Wark. If he wants to have any chance of being on freedom again, he'll have to tell where she is.

View attachment 58945

Rsbm..
They have evidence which places Hayley Dodd in the car he was using on the day of her dissapearence.
Snipped ..

From his last victim, 31-year old woman he took earrings and kept them in his house.
Snipped ..
And interesting reply: "She was not in the vehicle when I was driving." - It's like he's admitting that she was in that vehicle but he's not responsible.
Snipped. .
1. Item similar or belonging to Hayley Dodd was found in the car he was using on that day, or he had access to.
Snip..
4. He sold property almost immedately after she dissapeared.
5. Has told neighbours that he has a lung cancer and that he's going to reunite with his family in Queensland.
Snip..
In one interview even her mother Margaret admitted that she knew Wark but like nobody else at that time didn't know that he was a serial sex offender.
Actually, she thought he was in the hospital when Hayley vanished!
Snip..
She wasn't hitchhiking, her thumb was not up in the air and she wasn't holding a card.

Quote Kraki #23 : "In one interview even her mother Margaret admitted that she knew Wark but like nobody else at that time didn't know that he was a serial sex offender.
Actually, she thought he was in the hospital when Hayley vanished ! "
--------------------------------------

Kraki , this is interesting that Hayley’s mother thought Wark was in hospital when Hayley vanished. I dont know where you sourced this information from in 2014 .
Such was his alibi that he was known to Margaret Dodd and yet had covered his tracks well enough .

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/ex-c...ley-dodd-case-ng-b88640061z#seven-news-update

Eddie Rowe (former detective)

I can’t help but feel sorry for this man who was a detective at the time of Hayley’s disappearance. He has been haunted by the fact that he could have solved the case back in 1999.

I know the case was handled badely but a lot of police men and women were hamstrung by their superiors taking them off the case and listing Hayley as a missing person. Hayley’s murder has affected so many people including the police. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searching4Answers2
Back