GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you run a google search and put indecent exposure, assault coburg, coburg lake, merri creek etc, quite a bit comes up in local news etc of reported incidents. maybe there's a link!!

As we know a lot goes unreported, roughly 1 rape in every 20 gets reported.

Here's the thing that struck me. The short hair. I think if he told me he was LE or a security guard or something, I would believe him!

This is so disturbing. I can't stop thinking about what poor Jill went through. If I could, I'd be having an alcoholic beverage or two for her.

For I think the third or fourth time...

You have been asked not to post newspaper clippings as the report needs to be linkable & dated because of copyright issues....please adhere to the rules.

He just looks completely normal, clean cut, in photo, someone you would possibly trust.

And that's what Dan Gregson, the guy in the orange jumper who passed AB and Jill in front of the bridal shop, said - he didn't remember anything special about him, he didn't stand out at all. :(

Just went down Sydney road. What a sad and eerie feeling, it was so wonderful to see that there are heaps of candles outside a church and flowers outside the boutique. I had planned to get out but as you can imagine it was packed so stayed in the car and couldn't find anywhere to park. Was good to see lots of police presence.

Maybe this will be a catalyst for change - change the system to reflect the nature of these paticular sorts of crimes/offenders

Yes. But IMO it shouldn't take such a tragedy where an innocent, young beautiful woman lost her life, to change the flawed system. :(

Yes. But IMO it shouldn't take such a tragedy where a beautiful innocent and young woman lost her life, to change the flawed system. :(

Agreed, agreed, agreed!!!!! When will the legal system wake up and put these animals behind bars where the only people they can hurt is animals like themselves! So, so, so cranky and upset for Jill, and her dearest. She was just a lovely girl, having a fun night, walking home. ANY girl should be able to do that without fear. Xx

Maybe this will be a catalyst for change - change the system to reflect the nature of these paticular sorts of crimes/offenders

Nothing will change if someone doesn't make it change. I will look at how to lobby govt online if anyone is interested? Or is someone here an old hat at that?

Nothing will change if someone doesn't make it change. I will look at how to lobby govt online if anyone is interested? Or is someone here an old hat at that?

I'm all in for this! Let me know how I can help please.

Just went down Sydney road. What a sad and eerie feeling, it was so wonderful to see that there are heaps of candles outside a church and flowers outside the boutique. I had planned to get out but as you can imagine it was packed so stayed in the car and couldn't find anywhere to park. Was good to see lots of police presence.

News footage showed a mass of beautiful flowers outside the boutique and scenes inside the Baptist church. Nice to see all that love to replace the evil.

I'm all in for this! Let me know how I can help please.

Start with your local MP and cc the Attorney-General. Tell them we're over it, they are public servants paid by taxpayers and easily able to be voted OUT by said taxpayers, and it's just about time they pulled their fingers out and took some action.
And no, we don't want to hear about another committee, enquiry or any other time wasting exercise.

I wonder what the stats are on rehabilitated offenders who have committed these sorts of felonies and display recidivism?

Maybe rehabilitation is just barking up the wrong tree.

Found this straight shooting American article :http://www.correctionsone.com/jail-...-Rehabilitation-12-points-for-future-success/

This bit is interesting:

"3. Sex offenders need psychiatric care, not rehabilitation. Study after study has shown that sex offenders will almost always re-offend. We’re wasting our time and money teaching them a trade. I’m not saying society should ignore sex-offenders — we should concentrate on giving them the psychiatric care that can affect their future behavior."

I wonder what the stats are on rehabilitated offenders who have committed these sorts of felonies and display recidivism?

Maybe rehabilitation is just barking up the wrong tree.

Found this straight shooting American article :http://www.correctionsone.com/jail-...-Rehabilitation-12-points-for-future-success/

This bit is interesting:

"3. Sex offenders need psychiatric care, not rehabilitation. Study after study has shown that sex offenders will almost always re-offend. We’re wasting our time and money teaching them a trade. I’m not saying society should ignore sex-offenders — we should concentrate on giving them the psychiatric care that can affect their future behavior."

There's a really interesting blog post here about the effectiveness (or not) of custodial sentences: http://bunyipitude.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/deterrence-or-punishment.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR197708