Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't the barrel have his DNA and fingerprints all over it though? And possibly on the clothing of CM? Fortuitous that he couldn't drop the barrel in the water so maybe there will be trace DNA.
It was one of the questions that I had hoped that MSM was going to ask at the last presser. I hope LE got hold of his clothes, and they weren't washed because that will give away the secret, if the alleged was behind the trigger with GSR testing. It's possible that is what they're searching for, besides the alleged murder weapon. He could have ditched that stuff at any of those boat ramps, in the water or in a rubbish bin, or even just thrown them out the window of the car along the way.

CM's former primary school has vowed to keep her memory alive by creating a permanent memorial area for the allegedly slain student.

Principal Peter Nichols has announced the school will erect a memorial site for the allegedly murdered child, using flowers, cards, and other gifts laid at the school's front gates.

'On behalf of the school, I sincerely thank you for all the cards, flowers and other items placed at our fence,' Mr Nichols said in a statement on Tuesday.

'Every one of them acknowledges how much we all loved CM and how much we will all miss her.'

Mr Nichols said the Red Cross has offered to collect and collate the mementos into a book for CM's family to create a lasting token of the 'spontaneous and thoughtful memorial' that developed outside the school.

touching-way-nine-year-olds-memory-live-on

Putting a body into a barrel, filling it with sand, loading it into a boat presumably to dump out in the open sea, is a pretty complicated method of disposal, not to mention hard work and the risk of being seen on CCTV or by others.

I've never tried to dispose of a body but I would of thought burying it would be more straightforward.

It strikes me that the alleged killer was desperate to ensure that her body was never found.

I can only think of only 2 reasons for that:
  1. The manner of death would immediately reveal it was murder and the fact it was done with a gun means forensics can likely find out the exact gun that was used and link the gun to the alleged murderer.
  2. The victim suffered some type of abuse, injury or neglect prior to her death that the alleged murderer doesn't want people to know about
If CM hadn't been killed with a gun, as alleged by police, then maybe the alleged killer would have used a more straightforward means of disposing of her.

If it was a murder via medication or strangulation and she hadn't been found for years then it would probably be a lot harder to determine what she had died from.

Ugh, it is not easy typing that out.

I think it’s easier to plan a crime than to pull it off in a way you can’t be caught. It’s like Crime and Punishment. If you don’t know the story this is how it goes.
- Unpleasant and selfish and reasonably intelligent individual decides he will be justified in murdering the local pawnbroker because he’s broke. He plans it all out. He kills her, but it was harder and bloodier than he thought. And then her sister unexpectedly arrives arrives home so he has to kill her too. And then, he realises that he and his unfortunate victims were not the only people in St Petersburg. Turns out there are a lot of other people around, who might have seen something. He’s not invisible after all. And then he has feelings - not remorse, but fear, anger, hate, despair. It makes him act strangely and his family and friends notice and want to know what’s up. And the police? Well it turns out that he’s not invisible to them either, and they are all over him and his business in no time at all, applying the pressure until he cracks. (It works.)

This is what happens so, so often. Some one plans a crime but it all falls to pieces in the aftermath. They forget things like other witnesses, phone pings, and CCTV footage. They forget that other people care - really care - about their victims and are looking for them and might not be satisfied with the answers they are given. They think they are smarter than the police, without any real evidence that’s the case. They think they’ve got it under control but they don’t.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Alternative accommodation could be literally anything. She could be in a mental health facility receiving care and finding it difficult to even function at this point.

I don’t know if it’s fair to expect a grieving parent, who no doubt is feeling at least some responsibility for what has happened (assuming no involvement), to be holding memorials etc. Having known people who have sadly lost children most of them struggle for a long time to even put one foot in front of the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
A number of posts have speculated that JS had not planned and that he had panicked and therefore his attempt to dispose of the body was a shambles. However, there is no crime scene, no weapon and no motive ( that we know of). Maybe, JS is smarter ( or his advisors are ) than we are giving him credit for. Perhaps he was jealous of KMs relationship with her daughter and wanted CM out of the way. Premeditated.

I cannot get my head around his method...
Why shoot her ? Why fire a gun at her ? When there are other easier ways to kill a child.
Has there ever been a single child 'shot' (as in murder) in Australia before ?
(Not counting Port Authur)

Why shoot her ? Why fire a gun at her ? When there are other easier ways to kill a child.
That horrible man John Edwards shot his two children a couple of years ago while they cowered under a desk in their home. That’s the most recent case I can remember.

The hardest part for me about this case is the attempted cover up which somehow makes it feel even more untoward (logically I’m not sure that makes sense!).

ETA Karmein Chan was apparently also shot. And I think there are a number of others who have been the victims of murder suicides (as was the John Edwards case also). I agree though, it’s hard to get your head around someone being ok with pointing a gun at a child :(

Last edited:

Shooting is a very detached and 'easy' way of killing.
No physical hands-on effort involved. No having to stare the victim in the eye as you have your hands around their throat. No having to hit them many times over the head because the first hit didn't do it. No scratches and fight marks on your body.

Also, no turning back once you have pulled the trigger.
(Eg: Strangulation can be classed as premeditated because there are seconds involved where you can change your murderous mind and allow the victim to live.)

Last edited:
I wonder why he delayed the disposal. We have seen in MSM that LE have given the time of death between Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning. He waited over a day and half to start the five hour drive around to different boat ramps and what not. Why did he wait so long? Wouldn’t you go straight into CYA immediately? Do you just sit at a property for over a day with a dead child until mum starts to ask questions??? Could the time of death be wrong? I know we don’t have all the timeline info, and we don’t know the mental or drug affected states anyone may have been in. Guess we wait till trial for all that. On another note, could there be any charges of negligence or something similar placed upon someone that may not be directly involved in a death but contributed in some way? I’m having a hard time even understanding how this can happen. Moo
Maybe he waited a while to dispose of the body as he was getting high afterwards?!

You’ve so well articulated my thoughts Miss. I can’t make sense of any of it.

Do we actually know if JS is still using heroin ?

I did see something from a friend on Facebook who said he was angry with KM for using ICE while pregnant & endangering the baby.

I wonder if it was a really bad argument & he thought ‘ an eye for an eye’ - you harm mine so I’ll harm yours. - but for some strange reason I just can’t make anything Fit.
This is could be a probable motive.

Shooting is a very detached and 'easy' way of killing.
No physical hands-on effort involved. No having to stare the victim in the eye as you have your hands around their throat. No having to hit them many times over the head because the first hit didn't do it. No scratches and fight marks on your body.

Also, no turning back once you have pulled the trigger.
(Eg: Strangulation can be classed as premeditated because there are seconds involved where you can change your murderous mind and allow the victim to live.)
Yes cold. Calculated.

That horrible man John Edwards shot his two children a couple of years ago while they cowered under a desk in their home. That’s the most recent case I can remember.

The hardest part for me about this case is the attempted cover up which somehow makes it feel even more untoward (logically I’m not sure that makes sense!).
I remember that one. Then he went home and shot himself after hanging up a T-shirt that said “world’s greatest dad”. That’s was a very typical spousal revenge type murder, where generally the murderer isn’t trying to cover it up. John Edwards wanted his ex-wife to know he killed Jack and Jennifer, just like that other awful man Rowan Baxter wanted Hannah Clarke to know he was the one killing her and her children, but JS appears to have tried to palm off KM and then the police with a bogus story of “she went missing”.

Maybe I’m being mean & judgy but it seems like everyone else BUT the mother is doing all these lovely memorials and vigils for CM - her school, her cousin etc.

When they say KM is in ‘alternative accomodation’ perhaps they mean rehab?

Otherwise why wouldn’t you?
A person who struggles with addiction, who had their child murdered by someone they loved & brought into their lives, whilst the accused lied horrifically to them to cover it up - I'm not surprised she's not in the public eye tbh. She would be struggling just to survive day to day & not get high.

(Assuming no involvement)

There was a mass homicide in Margaret river in which children were shot to death by the grandfather

ETA Karmein Chan was apparently also shot. And I think there are a number of others who have been the victims of murder suicides (as was the John Edwards case also). I agree though, it’s hard to get your head around someone being ok with pointing a gun at a child :(
Have a look at the history of that bloke, what's been reported on JS's past has barely a mark compared to his.

An inquest last year probed how ED was able to get a gun licence despite a 24-year recorded history of domestic violence inflicted on his seven former partners and 10 children.
real-estate-agents-gut-feeling-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member