Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shooting is a very detached and 'easy' way of killing.
No physical hands-on effort involved. No having to stare the victim in the eye as you have your hands around their throat. No having to hit them many times over the head because the first hit didn't do it. No scratches and fight marks on your body.

Also, no turning back once you have pulled the trigger.
(Eg: Strangulation can be classed as premeditated because there are seconds involved where you can change your murderous mind and allow the victim to live.)
That's what crossed my mind about the use of the barrel, a type of psychological detachment.

That's what crossed my mind about the use of the barrel, a type of psychological detachment.

Goes right along with his reported detached manner toward CM when they were on the ferry.

But doesn't go along with the photo of him holding CM - photo possibly taken through the blurry window of a caravan. imo

He had perhaps one way of treating CM when they were alone, and another way of treating her when mum was around.
Lulling her into a false sense of security. It sounds to me that it is likely that he is a schemer who had bad intent on his mind.

Goes right along with his reported detached manner toward CM when they were on the ferry.

But doesn't go along with the photo of him holding CM - photo possibly taken through the blurry window of a caravan. imo

He had perhaps one way of treating CM when they were alone, and another way of treating her when mum was around.
Lulling her into a false sense of security. It sounds to me that it is likely that he is a schemer who had bad intent on his mind.
I just had another look at that photo & I think it was taken on this holiday. She has the same shirt on that she was wearing in the photo with her grandma

I just had another look at that photo & I think it was taken on this holiday. She has the same shirt on that she was wearing in the photo with her grandma

Yes, I agree. I have always thought it was taken on this holiday and given to the police early because KM had it on her phone.

I also had a good look at the window that the photo was taken through. Dried condensation drips clearly showing on the window, and a caravan-type window. Maybe made of perspex. imo

Did KM know about the heavy anti-psychotic medications that her fiancé was taking? I would think it would affect her decision to let her little girl go alone with him to another location, an hour away, for a few nights. I am still not understanding that decision making process.

A person who struggles with addiction, who had their child murdered by someone they loved & brought into their lives, whilst the accused lied horrifically to them to cover it up - I'm not surprised she's not in the public eye tbh. She would be struggling just to survive day to day & not get high.

(Assuming no involvement)
Exactly! How would you or any of us be coping?

It's easy to say why did she let him go with this bloke etc but at the end of the day she sounds like she had ZERO to do with this-

she was already in low socio economic housing, she's got nowhere else to go! the government have probably put her in a refuge or a safe home. It's not hard to work this out.

Exactly! How would you or any of us be coping?

It's easy to say why did she let him go with this bloke etc but at the end of the day she sounds like she had ZERO to do with this-

she was already in low socio economic housing, she's got nowhere else to go! the government have probably put her in a refuge or a safe home. It's not hard to work this out.

For all we know she could be staying with her parents, and they are consequently all keeping a low profile.
Thankfully the media are giving them space (whether or not by choice).

KM is a valuable key witness at this stage, the police will ensure she’s in suitable and safe accommodation. She wouldn’t be able to give interviews even if she wanted to. A written statement by KM or her mother could have been read by a friend or family member but for whatever reason, they chose not to.
As DS Doherty expressed so eloquently, CM doesn’t have a voice and they, the police, have made it their mission to get justice for her! The police don’t have time to be judging parenting styles or the caregiver’s choice of partner and friends, it’s not their job. A crime has been committed against a child and they investigate.
CM’s care arrangements will probably come under scrutiny by DOCS, and if the trip was approved and by who etc.
JMO

Still troubled by the thought AS may not have been completely forthcoming.

I think it's likely JS sought advice from his mother, by phone or in person and gave her a version of events that did not include murder, in the hope she would tell him what to do next.

Maybe just told her CM had disappeared and that no, he hadn't been to police yet.

AS, concerned the child was "missing" but also feeling an absolute parole -buster of a headache coming on, may have advised JS it was in his best interests to get his side of the story across to police first and ASAP.

After the convoluted and generally botched way he disposed of the poor child's body, JS would have been strung out, exhausted, paranoid.

In that state, it seems unlikely the visit to Penrith police was his idea. Either they summoned him after KM reported her daughter missing or he went there on the advice of AS.

The strategy backfired when police seized his ute from the street while he was inside being interviewed.
As we know, in the hours/ days that followed after it became clear JS' verbal account didn't match up with the digital data of his movements (ute GPS and phone) and whatever the tyres/speedometer etc revealed.

The reason I think JS and his mother had a conversation of significance prior his first contact with police (and certainly before his arrest in Surry Hills), is because of what AS said in her daily telegraph interview.

She was so confident, so quick to declare police "should be looking at the mother (KM)" and cast her son as a patsy.
The minimising of his culpability and her authoritive tone implies she'd already formed a opinion of what happened based on JS' version of events.

I'm not in any way suggesting AS knew CM had died or that any crime had been committed at the time.

But it's possible police suspect there are people close to JS who are withholding information because they don't believe he is capable of "murder". Misadventure or accident, yes, but not cold blooded murder.

IMO it's the close confidantes, not the general public, Det Supt Doherty was addressing when he said police wanted to "clear up any ambiguity" about the alleged circumstances of CMs death.

Police want everyone in JS' circle -- (maybe even KM) to understand CMs death was unequivocally an act of murder, in the hope they'll reassess what they think they know.

All speculation, all IMO

Edited twice for clarity

Last edited:
CM's former primary school has vowed to keep her memory alive by creating a permanent memorial area for the allegedly slain student.

Principal Peter Nichols has announced the school will erect a memorial site for the allegedly murdered child, using flowers, cards, and other gifts laid at the school's front gates.

'On behalf of the school, I sincerely thank you for all the cards, flowers and other items placed at our fence,' Mr Nichols said in a statement on Tuesday.

'Every one of them acknowledges how much we all loved CM and how much we will all miss her.'

Mr Nichols said the Red Cross has offered to collect and collate the mementos into a book for CM's family to create a lasting token of the 'spontaneous and thoughtful memorial' that developed outside the school.

touching-way-nine-year-olds-memory-live-on

Oh MY!

What a sweet and thoughtful creation of the Red Cross...
Hard to do this collating by a family in the throes of such grief...

But what an overture of helping the family through their lives of missing sweet CM...<3

Daily Mail Article

C M's stepfather was 'relaxed' and 'unconcerned' after he allegedly murdered the schoolgirl, according to a friend he stayed with at a squalid unit complex following the nine-year-old's death.

More here:
Inside putrid flat where a 'relaxed' JS hid after C M's alleged murder | Daily Mail Online
I wonder who was paying for the $20,000 per month clinic fees for KM? JS?
And why did JS go and stay with this Jason guy instead of going back to the caravan park to stay with KM? CM was still missing at that point , no? Or was KM already in hospital.

And why did JS go and stay with this Jason guy instead of going back to the caravan park to stay with KM? CM was still missing at that point , no? Or was KM already in hospital.

Because he'd run out of excuses /explanations regarding CM's whereabouts and why he couldn't put her on the phone to speak to KM.
He knew KM now suspected something was up

KM's parents? After a lifetime of working, I think it is feasible that they were investing in their daughter's health so their granddaughter could have her mother. And once the rehab was completed successfully (it seemed), visitation could start or resume.

Still troubled by the thought AS may not have been completely forthcoming.

I think it's likely JS sought advice from his mother, by phone or in person and gave her a version of events that did not include murder, in the hope she would tell him what to do next.

Maybe just told her CM had disappeared and that no, he hadn't been to police yet.

AS, concerned the child was "missing" but also feeling an absolute parole -buster of a headache coming on, may have advised JS it was in his best interests to get his side of the story across to police first and ASAP.

After the convoluted and generally botched way he disposed of the poor child's body, JS would have been strung out, exhausted, paranoid.

In that state, it seems unlikely the visit to Penrith police was his idea. Either they summoned him after KM reported her daughter missing or he went there on the advice of AS.

The strategy backfired when police seized his ute from the street while he was inside being interviewed.
As we know, in the hours/ days that followed after it became clear JS' verbal account didn't match up with the digital data of his movements (ute GPS and phone) and whatever the tyres/speedometer etc revealed.

The reason I think JS and his mother had a conversation of significance prior his first contact with police (and certainly before his arrest in Surry Hills), is because of what AS said in her daily telegraph interview.

She was so confident, so quick to declare police "should be looking at the mother (KM)" and cast her son as a patsy.
The minimising of his culpability and her authoritive tone implies she'd already formed a opinion of what happened based on JS' version of events.

I'm not in any way suggesting AS knew CM had died or that any crime had been committed at the time.

But it's possible police suspect there are people close to JS who are withholding information because they don't believe he is capable of "murder". Misadventure or accident, yes, but not cold blooded murder.

IMO it's the close confidantes, not the general public, Det Supt Doherty was addressing when he said police wanted to "clear up any ambiguity" about the alleged circumstances of CMs death.

Police want everyone in JS' circle -- (maybe even KM) to understand CMs death was unequivocally an act of murder, in the hope they'll reassess what they think they know.

All speculation, all IMO

Edited twice for clarity
I’ve wondered how AS came to the conclusion that police needed to speak to KM to get answers. I think this would make sense, I’m assuming JS must have spoken to her at some point before his arrest and gave his version of events which she has bought into, likely knowing that the alternative was too much to comprehend as his mother.

I also wondered if she had perhaps paid for the rehab stint when the pregnancy was announced in an effort to support JS even though it sounds as though she didn’t really like KM.. it would be her grandchild regardless. It was a Sydney based facility from memory. Could also have been KMs parents as SouthAussie speculates but I feel like they would have chosen something closer to them so they could provide more support if that was the case.

All imo

I’m pretty sure she was in hospital from the morning that she was initially reported missing. But it seems odd that he wouldn’t want to be closer to her there in Katoomba..

it seems unlikely the visit to Penrith police was his idea. Either they summoned him after KM reported her daughter missing or he went there on the advice of AS.

JS was on parole.

How frequently would his parole have likely required him to personally visit a nominated Police station (if at all)?

For all we know she could be staying with her parents, and they are consequently all keeping a low profile.
Thankfully the media are giving them space (whether or not by choice).

Uh no, KMs parents are in QLD. Or to you mean accommodation funded by her parents?

Uh no, KMs parents are in QLD. Or to you mean accommodation funded by her parents?

Why wouldn't KM be in Qld? Nothing stopping that as far as I can see.

DS Doherty did not say she was in accommodation in NSW.

I have no strong thoughts on where she might be (because it really doesn't matter, in the big picture). But I cannot exclude her staying with her parents, who obviously care enough to try to reunite daughter and granddaughter.

We also don’t know how far KM is into her pregnancy. She may be having complications from stress or illness or possibly even delivered a premie. Although I wish she would comment to satisfy my nosiness I think there’s valid reasons she’s not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria