Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another article from January 2022

It Mentions CM last seen on the Verandah.

I shudder to think why Charlise was given seroquel ( Quetiapine ) - it's a very powerful antipsychotic. Unlikely she took it willingly / accidentally IMO

Also comes in slow release ( modified release )

Alone with Stein.

I also imagine that Stein would have been on a pretty high dose.

Even a small dose of Seroquel will knock out most young kids if they aren’t used to taking it regularly. Seroquel tablets are tiny and can be crushed (I’m not sure about the long acting version). It wouldn’t be hard to hide it in food or drink and she would absolutely fall asleep within an hour or so (unless she had some tolerance).

This is from 21st May 2024

JS telling his mum how KM was the person to do the Shooting. I wonder if this can be disproved by the close range of the second shot CM received?? MOO

The court was played a phone call which Justin Stein allegedly made to his mother days after his arrest, where he says he witnessed the moment the nine-year-old was shot.

In the call, Stein's mother, Annemie Stein, begged her son not to say the fatal shooting occurred on the family's luxury Mount Wilson property in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney.

In reply, Stein agreed and said instead it was 'on crown land, behind the shed, on the fire break'.

'She (Charlise) ran down, screamed my name, then you heard 'Mummy, no' and then the second gunshot,' the court heard him allegedly say in the recorded phone call made from behind bars.

He said that Charlise's mother, Kallista Mutten, was 'three days deep into an ice bender' and 'severe paranoia... you saw what it was getting like, I was losing my *advertiser censored*,' the jury heard.

I agree, it is so strange that we didn’t hear anything about Mondays proceedings!

I wonder if the jury will be told of the child sexual abuse charges that Stein has been charged with, which were placed on him from being investigated for Charlise’s murder, which still have to be dealt with?

News from March 2023…..

While in custody at Silverwater Jail last year, the 31-year-old was charged with possessing two unauthorised firearms and ammunition.

Police allege he stole them from a neighbouring property in August 2021 during an aggravated break in. Police do not believe the rifle and shotgun were used to kill Charlise.

Her would-be stepfather was also charged with possessing 21 videos that portrayed child sexual abuse but are not related to Charlise.

Stein is now facing 10 charges, including murder, improperly interfering with a dead body, possession of authorised firearms and ammunition, aggravated break and enter, and possession of child abuse material.”

I can’t find the article now, but I only read it this afternoon, that there were 21 videos depicting child abuse material, and these were in the category of Category 1 and Category 2 on the COPINE scale:-

View attachment 505370

IMHO

So highly likely - JS gave CM drugs to partake in this type of activity??? MOO

Forensic testing of Charlise's remains showed the presence of anti-psychotic drug, quetiapine, for which Stein had a prescription to treat schizophrenia.
The most common side effects of a child ingesting quetiapine are sedation or drowsiness, toxicologist Judith Perl told the trial.
Dr Perl said based on the available evidence it was possible - but not conclusive - to say the drug had been ingested within six hours of the girl's death.

If the drug ingested is within 6 hours of the girl's death - I wonder when time of death was??

January 11, 2022

The jury was told Charlise travelled with Mr Stein to his family’s property at Mount Wilson, named Wildenstein, while her mother remained behind at the Riviera Ski Gardens.

Ms Mutten messaged her fiance twice asking if they had arrived home safe.

At 8.20pm he replied: “Hey bubs, sorry left my phone in the car … looked inside for it … I’m just cooking up some chicken, Charsy is watching TV and playing with balloons.”

So KM messaged JS twice and he conveniently did not have phone with him - said he left it in car. IMO

Was CM already drugged at this point?? Maybe 7.30-8.00pm?? Seems maybe KM didn't get to talk to CM only a message from JS.JMO

6 hours after 8.00 pm that is 2.00 am in the morning?? MOO

Does anyone remember if Thread 1 got pulled? I can't find it anywhere, and I wanted to refresh myself on something.
imo
Hi @SouthAussie,
In the existing 'first' thread:
Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022

@Marg944's post says:
"Previously had posted this, but was thread has been pulled, so will re-post, etc."

So, it appears as tho the *original* thread #1 has gone to the place where all threads go when we (some WS members collectively) have been norty & given the Mods a big-headache!

Definitely MOO!!

Edit: Reformatted, to make it look better

Last edited:
  • Her grandparents were stupid to believe their daughter.
Please don't be too quick to criticise the grandparents. They clearly loved her and gave her a normal, happy, stable childhood away from her mother. It's extremely difficult for people in that position to balance the need to protect the child from harm with the pressure to allow some contact with her mother. It's possible Charlise herself wanted a holiday with her mother. It's also possible they felt that allowing her Kallista some contact with Charlise might placate her enough to prevent her from trying to win sole custody when/if she got clean.

I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for the grandparents to make that decision. They'll spend the rest of their lives wishing they'd made a different one - they certainly don't need the public pointing out that it was an error of judgment.

The grandparents deserve our compassion, not our censure. Save that for people who deserve it.

Hi @SouthAussie,
In the existing 'first' thread:
Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022

@Marg944's post says:
"Previously had posted this, but was thread has been pulled, so will re-post, etc."

So, it appears as tho the *original* thread #1 has gone to the place where all threads go when we (some WS members collectively) have been norty & given the Mods a big-headache!

Definitely MOO!!

Edit: Reformatted, to make it look better

Thanks for finding the existing 1st thread. I couldn't even find that one yesterday, but now I have bookmarked it.

I later noticed that the mod says in the 2nd post on this thread (re: sub judice) that .... Previous threads discussing this case have been pulled due to the victim's name being contained throughout.

imo

It's possible Charlise herself wanted a holiday with her mother.

Charlise was apparently very disappointed when a previous (Easter?) visit had to be cancelled, and was super excited for this Christmas visit. I believe it is spoken of in her grandfather's testimony.

There are many factors that play into this crime, and at least several factors that may have prevented it. All of those "what-ifs".

But the one who is guilty of murder is the one who pulled the trigger and shot Charlise dead.

imo

So highly likely - JS gave CM drugs to partake in this type of activity??? MOO

Forensic testing of Charlise's remains showed the presence of anti-psychotic drug, quetiapine, for which Stein had a prescription to treat schizophrenia.
The most common side effects of a child ingesting quetiapine are sedation or drowsiness, toxicologist Judith Perl told the trial.
Dr Perl said based on the available evidence it was possible - but not conclusive - to say the drug had been ingested within six hours of the girl's death.

A little bit more about the Quetiapine .....

the drug was found in Charlise’s spleen liquid
She told the court the drug was not safe for children, and had only been TGA approved for people aged 10 years and above.
If Charlise had taken an adult dose of the drug, Dr Perl told the court it would have resulted in putting her in a “toxic range”.
“It can produce central nervous system depression … alters the level of alertness of the person

So the man who drugged this poor child in order to do God knows what didn't kill her? No, of course not, why would he? He wouldn't be worried about her talking if she remembered anything, of course not. And she would have no reason to try to escape and therefore be gunned down, of course not. No, it had to be her mother.

Charlise was apparently very disappointed when a previous (Easter?) visit had to be cancelled, and was super excited for this Christmas visit. I believe it is spoken of in her grandfather's testimony.

There are many factors that play into this crime, and at least several factors that may have prevented it. All of those "what-ifs".

But the one who is guilty of murder is the one who pulled the trigger and shot Charlise dead.

imo
It looks to me that he's groomed both of them over a long period to get Charlise to himself in a remote place.

I attended Stein’s trial today and as luck would have it, the court has finished early as the prosecution has run out of witnesses.

In the witness stand today was the lady from Lawson’s auctions, Shauna. Shauna visited the house in July and October 2021, for the purpose of inspecting items within the property with a view to auctioning them. She was introduced to Justin Stein in July 2021. Annemie Stein showed her through the property. Shauna stated the house had a hidden room which was accessed by a door within a wardrobe in one of the bedrooms. There was also an underground bunker, which was accessed by the back deck, which was full of items, it was like a storage area. She described Justin Stein’s room as having men’s clothes on the floor and also tattooing equipment, which she thought may have been tattoo guns. She visited the property again on 6th Jan 2022 to refresh her memory regarding the items for prospective auction. She stated that she only saw Charlise on this occasion, on the 6th Jan, 2022. On this occasion she also saw Kallista sitting on the back deck with Justin Stein, but she was not introduced to Kallista. Also on this occasion she noticed a boat in the driveway of the property that she had not noticed previously.

Other witnesses were expert witnesses, a DNA expert and a Forensic expert in gunshot residue.
But I will need a bit of time to report here, so I will post later.

Today there were only 14 jurors instead of the 15…… I don’t know why though.

I did visualise Justin Stein today. He showed no emotion. He was dressed in a dark suit and dark tie with a white shirt. He has either a weak beard or a goatee, hard to tell.

In closing Justice Helen Wilson stated that she will allow the Section 77 to continue to Monday for the accused.

“A section 77 Order allows an inmate to be transferred to a court or tribunal.”

I attended Stein’s trial today and as luck would have it, the court has finished early as the prosecution has run out of witnesses.

In the witness stand today was the lady from Lawson’s auctions, Shauna. Shauna visited the house in July and October 2021, for the purpose of inspecting items within the property with a view to auctioning them. She was introduced to Justin Stein in July 2021. Annemie Stein showed her through the property. Shauna stated the house had a hidden room which was accessed by a door within a wardrobe in one of the bedrooms. There was also an underground bunker, which was accessed by the back deck, which was full of items, it was like a storage area. She described Justin Stein’s room as having men’s clothes on the floor and also tattooing equipment, which she thought may have been tattoo guns. She visited the property again on 6th Jan 2022 to refresh her memory regarding the items for prospective auction. She stated that she only saw Charlise on this occasion, on the 6th Jan, 2022. On this occasion she also saw Kallista sitting on the back deck with Justin Stein, but she was not introduced to Kallista. Also on this occasion she noticed a boat in the driveway of the property that she had not noticed previously.

Other witnesses were expert witnesses, a DNA expert and a Forensic expert in gunshot residue.
But I will need a bit of time to report here, so I will post later.

Today there were only 14 jurors instead of the 15…… I don’t know why though.

I did visualise Justin Stein today. He showed no emotion. He was dressed in a dark suit and dark tie with a white shirt. He has either a weak beard or a goatee, hard to tell.

In closing Justice Helen Wilson stated that she will allow the Section 77 to continue to Monday for the accused.

“A section 77 Order allows an inmate to be transferred to a court or tribunal.”

Thanks for all your updates - you are very observant and explain things very well.

I wonder when the neighbour had dinner with KM and CM and JS?? Was it after the lady from Lawson's Auctions visited on 6th January??

Charlise was found with Quetiapine, Stein’s schizophrenia medication in her stomach and spleen. May have been ingested within six hours of her death. Could have prompted vomiting.

(paywalled)

I think we need a limit on the other side for the quetiapine. Must have been ingested within . . . 24 hours, 2 weeks, 6 months of her death, whatever it is, or it would have passed out of her system.

I think we need a limit on the other side for the quetiapine. Must have been ingested within . . . 24 hours, 2 weeks, 6 months of her death, whatever it is, or it would have passed out of her system.
The witness, forensic pharmacologist with NSW Police Dr Judith Perl, said that she cannot provide a firm opinion, given the body's decomposition, as to what dose or when the drug was ingested. She said that it may have occurred within six hours of death.

The witness, forensic pharmacologist with NSW Police Dr Judith Perl, said that she cannot provide a firm opinion, given the body's decomposition, as to what dose or when the drug was ingested. She said that it may have occurred within six hours of death.
Surely she could say whether quetiapine in sufficient amounts may remain in the body indefinitely, or whether irrespective of the amount consumed all traces would pass away within, say, five years, or one month. Or that there is no research information upon that point.

Quote from above -
“I do however consider it possible the Quetiapine may have been ingested within six hours of death due to the presence of it in the stomach of the deceased.”

Perl also said that an adult dose ingested by a child would probably cause “significant sedation and vomiting”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74