Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this alleged killer used the adult dating app on the night/morning that he allegedly killed Charlise.

Crown Prosecutor Ken McKay SC said detectives obtained data from Mr Stein's phone, which showed he had used an adult dating app between the night of January 11 and the morning of January 12.

It is alleged Mr Stein was the last person to see Charlise and is accused of killing her between 7.16pm on January 11 and 10.06am on January 12, 2022.

Last edited:
Based on what we’ve heard so far, it seems to point to JS pulling the trigger. KM needs to be charged with neglect for her child in her care at the time that she didn’t go and see when told she was sick but went to get drugs instead and looked in the bush for child eventually before calling the police.

Do we know how KM acted after she called police? Did she help trace JS steps and help with the search for her daughter? This would also be very telling as to her involvement in the crime.

It sounds like she did try calling the house on the way back but I suspect a combination of JS not seeming concerned, a preoccupation with getting their hands on some drugs, and not being accustomed to being a full time parent probably explains a lot.

I said earlier in the week that I believe KM loved her daughter deeply but I also think that love didn’t look like we would normally expect in a healthy mother-child relationship. I think she was very used to not having to take responsibility for CM so in a lot of ways the relationship probably resembled more of a big sister-kid sister dynamic. More like fun besties, less like a typical parent who would generally always have their child’s safety top of mind and who would be making a beeline back to a sick child.
This gives an insight to how their relationship could have likely been.
However KM was legally responsible for her daughter who was in her care at the time and as a minimum should be charged with child neglect.

Do we know how KM acted after she called police? Did she help trace JS steps and help with the search for her daughter? This would also be very telling as to her involvement in the crime.

Kallista had a medical episode, and the police had to take her to the hospital.

Kallista suffered a medical episode after her daughter's disappearance, which she is still receiving treatment for in hospital.

Do we know how long she was out of action for as a result ?

The police were able to formally interview her sometime between 22nd January (when she was still in the hospital) and 27th January when the DM reported that she had been formally interviewed.

This gives an insight to how their relationship could have likely been.
However KM was legally responsible for her daughter who was in her care at the time and as a minimum should be charged with child neglect.
I don’t disagree with you :( I wonder how that even works legally given that it sounds like her parents had guardianship of CM? I’m not sure if that was a formal agreement or just something they’d come to as a family.

I also wonder if their arrangement, whatever the terms, was a factor in the grandparents decision to allow the extended holiday in the first place. If they believed that KM was genuinely sober they may have been worried about the risk that she’d fight to have CM back full time (to be a family with JS and the new baby) if they didn’t allow this time with her. I’m sure they would have felt far more concern about the idea of her being in that situation over the long term than for a month in the holidays.

I don’t disagree with you :( I wonder how that even works legally given that it sounds like her parents had guardianship of CM? I’m not sure if that was a formal agreement or just something they’d come to as a family.

I also have wondered. Her mother seemingly allowed Charlise to go to his family's estate, and he was reportedly a medicated schizophrenic and was being medically treated for a heroin addiction. And was also her fiance.

And it sounds, to me, that Wildenstein was a place that Charlise was permitted to go - that the grandparents (and perhaps DCJ?) were aware.

I read yesterday in an article that KM & JS had an argument, I think on the 11th. I wonder what that was about. Did it result in him taking Charlise to Wildenstein? Did KM agree to it willingly, or did she agree under duress? Whose idea was it?

"Police believe Mr Stein killed Charlise earlier that morning.
The court heard Mr Stein sent Ms Mutten the text messages about being a bad father on the drive back to the caravan park.
The jury were told she replied, saying "no you're not, come on stop it" and "things are going to go our way this year".
It is alleged the couple had an argument a day earlier."

Last edited:
I also have wondered. Her mother seemingly allowed Charlise to go to his family's estate, and he was reportedly a medicated schizophrenic and was being medically treated for a heroin addiction. And was also her fiance.

And it sounds, to me, that Wildenstein was a place that Charlise was permitted to go - that the grandparents (and perhaps DCJ?) were aware.

I read yesterday in an article that KM & JS had an argument, I think on the 11th. I wonder what that was about. Did it result in him taking Charlise to Wildenstein? Did KM agree to it willingly, or did she agree under duress? Whose idea was it?

"Police believe Mr Stein killed Charlise earlier that morning.
The court heard Mr Stein sent Ms Mutten the text messages about being a bad father on the drive back to the caravan park.
The jury were told she replied, saying "no you're not, come on stop it" and "things are going to go our way this year".
It is alleged the couple had an argument a day earlier."

I’m sure the grandparents allowed for Charlise to go to Wildenstein. Legally there also wouldn’t be anything wrong with the main carer (KM) temporarily transferring care to her finance JS. However when JS stated that CM was unwell and left with auctioneer lady (who would not have had a close bond with CM), for the main carer KM to go on a day trip to Sydney without checking physically or even by phone on the child that was placed in her care, is child neglect. I hope she gets charged over this too and will not have the opportunity to have any more children.

I’m sure the grandparents allowed for Charlise to go to Wildenstein. Legally there also wouldn’t be anything wrong with the main carer (KM) temporarily transferring care to her finance JS. However when JS stated that CM was unwell and left with auctioneer lady (who would not have had a close bond with CM), for the main carer KM to go on a day trip to Sydney without checking physically or even by phone on the child that was placed in her care, is child neglect. I hope she gets charged over this too and will not have the opportunity to have any more children.

She did make calls to Wildenstein. I don't know how many calls she made.
Either way, she didn't get to Wildenstein until the evening. She was being driven in his vehicle, so perhaps got there when he wanted her to get there - or could no longer avoid it.

Certainly not defending her, but looking at the legal 'neglect' aspect.

While the pair were in Sydney, Mutten made a number of calls to the landline of the Mount Wilson property, the court heard.
There was no evidence that those phone calls were answered.

Either way, she didn't get to Wildenstein until the evening. She was being driven in his vehicle, so perhaps got there when he wanted her to get there - or could no longer avoid it.

While the pair were in Sydney, Mutten made a number of calls to the landline of the Mount Wilson property, the court heard.

That made s

Thank you for pointing out that KM did try to make contact with the property. Not sure why she wouldn’t have called the auctioneer’s mobile phone but we also don’t know what lies JS told KM (the ‘master of lies’ “cooking chicken and letting CM play with balloons”).

With your explanations I can see how KM could be defended from a legal point of view. As a member of society however, I see that she has had multiple chances to make things right again but failed 3 people that we know of - her friend who she killed when DUI, CM and the unborn child :(

I also wonder if their arrangement, whatever the terms, was a factor in the grandparents decision to allow the extended holiday in the first place. If they believed that KM was genuinely sober they may have been worried about the risk that she’d fight to have CM back full time (to be a family with JS and the new baby) if they didn’t allow this time with her. I’m sure they would have felt far more concern about the idea of her being in that situation over the long term than for a month in the holidays.
I totally agree about their probable fear of having a custody battle in the future. Especially if KM sobered up, got married and had a stable place to live. The child would be old enough soon, at 10 or so, to be asked by the court where she wanted to live.

So probably the grandparents were trying to mitigate things and keep everything the same.

Thank you for pointing out that KM did try to make contact with the property. Not sure why she wouldn’t have called the auctioneer’s mobile phone but we also don’t know what lies JS told KM (the ‘master of lies’ “cooking chicken and letting CM play with balloons”).

:(
(snipped) Because the auctioneer didn't exist? Justin said it was someone called Leanne. So not Shauna, who was at the property a week earlier. Doubtful if K would have had even Shauna's number.

It is alleged the couple had an argument a day earlier.

As you pointed out SouthAussie - this reference to the earlier argument?? Must be relevant some how??

Maybe has something to do with KM being pregnant?? and them planning to get married?? Him admitting he's a "bad father"

Police believe Mr Stein killed Charlise earlier that morning.

It is alleged the couple had an argument a day earlier.

The court previously heard that Kallista Mutten was pregnant with Mr Stein's child at the time, and they had planned to get married that week.

KM - like others here have pointed out KM didn't have access to a car so had to rely on JS to take her back and forth to Wildenstein.JMO

KM - wanted desperately to have the relationship with JS work - get married etc - another baby on the way maybe get CM's guardianship revoked?? and returned to her?? IMO

KM probably not willing to fully assess how impulsive JS was and the repercussions of making him angry/or going against his plans? JMO

Wasn't owning up to how her drug addiction had a hold on her. MOO

Didn't assess the idea of breaking into the neighbours property as a genuine red flag for the person who proposed this idea and executed it. IMO

KM was not getting on with JS's mother.IMO

JS also being addicted to drugs. MOO

I am so devastated for CM that this pair of adults unravelled so spectacularly that she lost her life. MOO

(snipped) Because the auctioneer didn't exist? Justin said it was someone called Leanne. So not Shauna, who was at the property a week earlier. Doubtful if K would have had even Shauna's number.
KM must have been very gullible (and fell for JS version of the story) and also careless, putting her own need for drugs before caring for the child. As the carer at the time (KM) to not be aware of or request the number of the person (in this day and age where everyone has a personal mobile phone) who is looking after the child in your care who is sick, is incomprehensible.

Sadly I doubt that it’s coincidence that he was using adult apps on the night / morning when this little girl is thought to have died. I think that’s probably the whole motivation theme behind this horrible case. I also think he’s a very experienced liar and manipulator, and going by what we’ve heard about his cheating etc, possibly also hypersexual. God it’s grim. That poor girl.

Sadly I doubt that it’s coincidence that he was using adult apps on the night / morning when this little girl is thought to have died. I think that’s probably the whole motivation theme behind this horrible case. I also think he’s a very experienced liar and manipulator, and going by what we’ve heard about his cheating etc, possibly also hypersexual. God it’s grim. That poor girl.
Yes he is a very disturbed individual. MOO

Can "AI" be developed to take over his brain and reprogram him - because he needs serious deactivation. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11