Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karen, with her longer shaped face was not suited to long hair as she got older. She would have looked lovely and fresher with shorter hair.
CADS makes mental note...... cut hair when near 50 ... will suit older face.... lol

But I do agree - Karen looked a lot older then her young 47 .... sad her life was cut short

Karen, with her longer shaped face was not suited to long hair as she got older. She would have looked lovely and fresher with shorter hair.

Not my point.
IMO in the photos her hair was always imalculate and I think it suited her.
Her skin reflects lack of sleep, tired and dehydrated.

I refrained from saying what I see when I look at Karen as it may have been taken as 'picky or catty'. That's not the case, it's more concern and JMHO.

Borce is certainly my prime suspect for being Karen's killer, there's no reason a person with a kind and pleasant demeanour can't be a murderer, too - but my impression of him is strongly at odds with that given by this anonymous witness.

RSBM

I think all people have at least several faces. Their professional/work one, their at home one, their happy one, their angry one .... there is no reason to think that Borce doesn't have all of these faces. He is/was an Uber driver, and a business owner. He has to know how to act civil and pleasant. Karen fell in love with him at one point. He can't be completely rotten.

But if he has murderered Karen, I see no reason why he can't have yet another face that also showed up while out of the country, hanging out in a club with some blokes. We have certainly seen glimpses of that stony face, the angry one, the one that needed to be contained. Which has also made me think that he may be capable of domestic violence.

Not my point.
IMO in the photos her hair was always imalculate and I think it suited her.
Her skin reflects lack of sleep, tired and dehydrated.

I refrained from saying what I see when I look at Karen as it may have been taken as 'picky or catty'. That's not the case, it's more concern and JMHO.

Karen was a beautiful woman, who dressed beautifully, and seemed to have a lovely demeanour. But I think was under a LOT of stress and pressure ... for a long time. This certainly would have had an effect on her skin, over time. I agree, she certainly had a 'tired' look on her face in quite a few of her photos.

What an interesting story. Do you think your 3 year old recognised him [emoji23]? I've shown a few people who are not familiar with the case, photos of him smiling and twinkly and we all have agreed it's hard to believe he has done it. When he is on the back foot though I see that stoney look come out.

I don't think my son recognised him, but it's not impossible - he would've seen his face on TV a lot the day before due to news coverage of Karen's funeral. I'm not even sure if he was referring to Borce when he said "look Daddy!", either, but the result of him saying it was me glancing ahead & looking Borce straight in the face.

I agree he can have a stony look come out when on the back foot & no doubt there are other sides to his nature.

SouthAussie makes a very good point that people have different faces for different occasions. In fact that twigged my memory of a post here many months ago from somebody who had either had an Uber ride from Borce, or knew somebody who had & they also said he seemed like a gentle & courteous man.

The face he wears in other situations may well be quite different, but I was quite surprised that he had a friendly and pleasant demeanour when I spoke to him at Highpoint a day after Karen's funeral - with the pressure on him & a tide of public opinion against him, I didn't have expect that. He didn't seem at all perturbed that some random guy was talking to him, nor worried that he might cop a smart alek remark about Karen, or worse.

As I have said previously I am having trouble shaking those words I am an only child and she would not do this to ME.

and Chris Ristevski and his chat with Martin King.
"I just need public awareness."
"I just feel being silent and not talking about it." I can't move on."

Move on! Karen had not been found.

Aunt Patricia - "It doesn't get any easier knowing she is not with us, it is not something you just move on from."
The distress has been exacerbated because the killer has not turned themselves in. The pain has not eased.:tears:

An arrest soon please.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...e/news-story/f3bf54a9c9196e8b467ec5e6c9d6dc14
https://www.9now.com.au/a-current-a...08jhuelm/1724fd01-8972-4693-918f-f226b72f115d

His different demeanor could well be that the problem he had when meeting this new witness in Asia, had been solved by the time you ran into him Amalgam. I hesitate to say his problem was dead and buried.

Being the day after Karen's funeral, it's no surprise that Borce looked very tired, and it wouldn't have surprised me if he had a brusque, abrupt or distant demeanour towards a random guy with a child talking to him.

In fact his demeanour was quite the opposite, he came across as gentle, open, polite & warm. A far cry from somebody who "sends shivers down your spine" in the first minutes after meeting him.

RSBM

A day after his murdered wife's funeral.
Maybe he thought 'pheew all done and dusted' finito.
The longer the police take to charge him the closer he thinks he gets to her Superannuation and life/business insurance or whatever/whoever lurks waiting in the shadows.

Maybe he does walk on cloud 9.

I don't think my son recognised him, but it's not impossible - he would've seen his face on TV a lot the day before due to news coverage of Karen's funeral. I'm not even sure if he was referring to Borce when he said "look Daddy!", either, but the result of him saying it was me glancing ahead & looking Borce straight in the face.

I agree he can have a stony look come out when on the back foot & no doubt there are other sides to his nature.

SouthAussie makes a very good point that people have different faces for different occasions. In fact that twigged my memory of a post here many months ago from somebody who had either had an Uber ride from Borce, or knew somebody who had & they also said he seemed like a gentle & courteous man.

The face he wears in other situations may well be quite different, but I was quite surprised that he had a friendly and pleasant demeanour when I spoke to him at Highpoint a day after Karen's funeral - with the pressure on him & a tide of public opinion against him, I didn't have expect that. He didn't seem at all perturbed that some random guy was talking to him, nor worried that he might cop a smart alek remark about Karen, or worse.

A fascinating insight Amalgam. Children can also bring out a softer, less guarded side in people, myself included.

Does anyone know if Karen smoked? That and regular tanning (even if decades before) would explain it in my experience.

I don't know if Karen smoked, but I do remember that in the very early news coverage after she went missing, it was mentioned that she had a health problem. The nature of the problem was never disclosed to the best of my knowledge, but perhaps it had an impact upon her appearance?

"Senior Constable Ante Sandric said Ms Risteveski has health problems but her family is worried because her disappearance is out of character." - http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...lbourne-woman-highly-irregular-police/7563218

I don't know if Karen smoked, but I do remember that in the very early news coverage after she went missing, it was mentioned that she had a health problem. The nature of the problem was never disclosed to the best of my knowledge, but perhaps it had an impact upon her appearance?

"Senior Constable Ante Sandric said Ms Risteveski has health problems but her family is worried because her disappearance is out of character." - http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...lbourne-woman-highly-irregular-police/7563218

That initial report was a bit off it now seems.
Silver bag, black jeans and not a mention of the coach wallet, money or ruddy shoes.
imo

I think it was suggested that Karen's health condition was asthma in earlier threads, but I don't have a link.
I also think that when photos are enlarged they show up every imperfection .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the stock that Borce ordered whist visiting South east Asia arrived. Oh noooooo not more fake fur. How am I expected to improve sales with this load of fluff. :D

:floorlaugh:....Yay Soso...please no more denim jackets with the fluffy trim... hipster denim flared jeans with wide belts... and please no more MoCassIns to wear in the bush especially when you get sprung by ACA while lookin' for a suitable place to hide "sumfink"...:gaah:

No wonder they didn't have much luck getting rid of all that stock through ALL their wide variety of Retail Outlets over their many years in retail...

Oh!...and lest not forget the pecan nuts they tried to sell to China...I wonder what eventually happened to them? :shame: :silly:...

I think it was suggested that Karen's health condition was asthma in earlier threads, but I don't have a link.
I also think that when photos are enlarged they show up every imperfection .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was no suggestion that Karen actually had asthma.

Amongst speculation regarding the cause of death, Puggle expressed some "random thoughts" which included death due to a medical condition such as asthma. This twigged my memory of a media mention of Karen having a health problem & I quoted the article linked above.

At at no point did anybody say they thought Karen was asthmatic, or provide a link to speculation that she did.

The discussion is here : http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...urne-Vic-29-June-2016-8&p=13192399&styleid=21 from post #439.

There was no suggestion that Karen actually had asthma.

Amongst speculation regarding the cause of death, Puggle expressed some "random thoughts" which included death due to a medical condition such as asthma. This twigged my memory of a media mention of Karen having a health problem & I quoted the article linked above.

At at no point did anybody say they thought Karen was asthmatic, or provide a link to speculation that she did.

The discussion is here : http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...urne-Vic-29-June-2016-8&p=13192399&styleid=21 from post #439.

The only mention of Karen's health problem (asthma) was from a friends FB statement. There was no mention in MSM of what the actual problem was.

I wish police would release a time line of her last known movements. The fact they havent maybe it means they're confident she was alive before 10am on the 29th? Maybe a phone call with a friend or something. Otherwise you think they would have appealed for info from the night before if it was only BRs word to go on

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Yes, me too. Is it always the case that a timeline is provided by police? I suppose it likely that if they had knowledge of movements by the victim or potential suspects then they would only disclose them if helpful to the case. I have always wondered why Sarah's movements/last contact with her Mother have not been articulated, you'd think you'd want to remove suspicion from a young and distressed relative if you could. I have mixed thoughts about her possible involvement and knowledge, she might know, she might not, she may've had a hand in it, I just don't have enough info to make an informed guess. Early reports also say that Karen's phone and bank accounts had not been accessed since she went missing on the 29th (last seen alive at 10AM-apparently). Does this mean she may have used her phone from 12AM to 10AM? Another report says her phone was switched off. I assumed that from the statement that her phone/bank accounts had been used on that day prior to 10AM ish, what does everyone think? Would LE say the 29th if it was actually the night of the 28th that her phone was used? I know its picky but i assumed LE has access to data usage, apps, etc even if they don't have the handset.

LE would've had access to all of Karen's mobile phone activity for the time shortly before her disappearance. I doubt they would refer to phone activity as being on the 28th if it happened on the 29th, even if it was the night of the 28th.

I'd be interested to reread any statements that Karen's phone was switched off on the day she went missing, as it would be in stark contrast to the fact that her phone pinged in Digger's Rest & then in Gisbourne that day. I do vaguely remember that Borce claimed he was trying to call her but it kept going to voicemail, but that doesn't necessarily mean he said her phone was off - it could've hypothetically gone to voicemail after ringing out.

Tim Day's first press conference & related news coverage seemed clear that these pings coincided with the presence on CCTV of a car matching Karen's, which suggests her phone was still switched on shortly before noon on the 29th.

If Borce made claims early on that Karen's phone was actually off at those times, then that's yet another lie counting against him.

I wish police would release a time line of her last known movements. The fact they havent maybe it means they're confident she was alive before 10am on the 29th? Maybe a phone call with a friend or something. Otherwise you think they would have appealed for info from the night before if it was only BRs word to go on

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I don't think police are going to give a detailed timeline. Her phone/bank accounts not being used since Karen was reportedly last seen (by her prime suspect husband) are standard lines used whenever a person is reported missing. Just means that they were not used after that time, but they may not have been used earlier that morning either, or even the previous night.
The point they are making is that she was not communicating, did not grab a bunch of money, suspicious and worrying circumstances had arisen.

I think I recall that police had asked neighbours for their CCTV recordings from the day before Karen was reportedly last seen, as well as the reported day of her disappearance, and after. I am just having trouble finding that link now. But I believe it was mentioned around the time they spoke of Karen's car being caught on CCTV leaving the residence on the 29th June.

ETA: All I can find right now is this sentence, which may insinuate that police had collected CCTV that did show Karen's movements a day or so prior to her disappearance. But I believe there was something a bit more specific.

Police have reviewed CCTV footage taken from the area, but cameras had not captured Mrs Ristevski’s movements on the day she vanished.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1260072567337607&id=121286957882846

Melbourne Crime News FB page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member