Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #15 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anastasia Brighton‏ @ABrighton7
8m8 minutes ago

Borce Ristevski is due to face court on April 18, 2018, he has since been remanded in custody, charged with the murder of his wife Karen Ristevski. A major breakthrough in what has been a difficult 18 month investigation which started when Karen disappeared in 2016. More: #7News

While we are waiting...had a laugh the other day (back to the hair salon). A very good friend of mine who is a Police Officer was in the salon with a head of foils and a salon cape. Directly out the front of my daughters salon 2 Police Officer's nabbed this guy who was dealing fraudulent bills. Apparently even if you are out of uniform you can assist LE. Well she jumped out of chair jumped on his back (with foils and a CAPE) and assisted in cuffing him.

GO our boys and girls in BLUE, they certainly don't get the credit they deserve. Is it too early crack a bottle of champas ??? !!!!

Of course not too early to crack the champers.
We've all been waiting a long time for this moment, and now loads more to expect.

PS. It is a scorcher here today : hope BR is not too comfortable: no pool, no champers, no pets etc, etc.
Stacks nice inmates to chat with.
Yippee!!!!!! :loveyou:

The Age‏Verified account @theage 6m

Borce Ristevski wil plead not guilty to murder of wife Karen Ristevski
... He will spend the next four months behind bars before facing court again.

John Silvester (his nickname, ‘Sly of the Underworld’, refers to the title of his 3AW radio show). Sly is a multi-award winning journalist who currently writes for The Age about the Melbourne crime scene. He’s written a number of bestsellers with another journalist, Andrew Rule, including the ‘Underbelly’ series.

Smart Guy: spot on.
Gave us notice.

Narcissists always plead 'not guilty'. You know that. 'She made me do it' is usually the catch cry. Or, 'Now look what you made me do'. Never take responsibility, as it is always someone else's fault.

I know it just makes me incredibly mad. I was sort of commenting in the moment in my anger.

FYI for those WS who like to follow proceedings:

Pat Mitchell‏ @patty_mitchell
55m55 minutes ago
Replying to @patty_mitchell

Borce Ristevski led away from the dock. Hearing only lasted about 4 mins. He looked at the magistrate for much of the hearing apart from the occasional glance around the room and discussion with lawyer.

58m58 minutes ago

Ristevski will not apply for bail.

58m58 minutes ago

Mr Ristevski says he has spoken with his lawyer. He's told hand up brief due on March 7 ahead of committal mention on 18 April.

59m59 minutes ago

Borce Ristevski has just appeared in the dock, bearded, frowning, wearing a white t-shirt.

1h1 hour ago

Rob Stary, lawyer for Borce Ristevski has indicated his client will plead not guilty over murder of wife Karen Ristevski

1h1 hour ago
Replying to @patty_mitchell @3AW693

Magistrate notices a large media contingent in the courtroom

I wonder if Sarah knew something big was coming and that is why she left on her trip, with a friend to support her when the news broke?

Interesting that he did not apply for bail, maybe he could't make the surety. Finances are stuffed now Borce. Great Christmas present. Well done VicPol. Can't wait till April and see the truth come out and find out who else was involved or new about this despicable crime.

Yes! Finally!! Not surprised by the not guilty plea. Cant believe that justice is finally coming for Karen.

I wonder if he knew they were close to an arrest and that's why he put his house up for rent. Tying up loose ends

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Just got home and saw the news!
YYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance::jail:

Where are you TGY???...Can't wait to hear your response... BR will likely be having cold lumpy horrible porridge for many breakfasts to come...It's a blessing that he is being held in custody until his April 2018 court appearance.

I'm surprised that he didn't apply for bail but not surprised that he is pleading not guilty for Karen's murder...MOO

Brought tears to my eyes reading the news this morning. Vic police have done an incredible job, such a long hard slog to get to this day but it’s here and now justice for Karen!

Same here. So happy justice is beginning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like this is all part of a calculated ploy by his lawyer. I bet the lawyer is anticipating a plea deal

Of course not too early to crack the champers.
We've all been waiting a long time for this moment, and now loads more to expect.

PS. It is a scorcher here today : hope BR is not too comfortable: no pool, no champers, no pets etc, etc.
Stacks nice inmates to chat with.
Yippee!!!!!! :loveyou:

Exactly Tmar ...... super hot today. Going forward I'm in for the trial - car pool maybe anyone!!!! Bring it on.

Just drove past his Oakley home, only one car set up with cameras. Poor neighbours directly beside his home they were outside, not sure if they had spoken to reporters or what but a few of them went crack in there house together , possibly interviewed ?

Thought the home had been rented out?
So BR at 7.20 this morning address was Avondale Heights??

I was sooo elated to hear the Wonderful wonderful news. I take my hat off to LE. Great job! They obviously never gave up. Awesome job and no doubt much needed relief to Karen and her family and friends. RIP Karen: justice is being served.

I feel like this is all part of a calculated ploy by his lawyer. I bet the lawyer is anticipating a plea deal

What would the deal be though? A confession telling all, for a shorter sentence? Or giving up accomplices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ81