Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Mella and thank you for your insight and thoughts.

:welcome:

Just jumping off your post, Makara.
I was also wondering what the tavern's hours of business are. And are they a 'pokies' venue?
Is anyone able to supply the name of the tavern, and I can look for the info myself. :blush

ETA: No worries, found it. It is called Anglers Tavern.

Patrons at the nearby Anglers Tavern watched as a police vessel ....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...i/news-story/4d1204ab2c7ec8b71d18597b8da513c0
It attracts a wide range of patrons. They do have pokies, along with live music on the weekends.

Another angle, you could easily walk the trail out the back of the house and once you hit the road a short walk to tram at Cordite Avenue, would drop you off at The Anglers in no time at all.

That's super interesting Bohemian, VR would know the river and waterways like the back of his hand .......

Hi all. First time poster, long time reader even though only registered recently. What a fantastic site, full of information.

Extremely interested in this case for a number of reasons. I have friends who know Borce and Karen (separately) personally as well as myself having lived in the area for many years.

From what I've been told from those that know them
*It was a known fact that other Watergardens retailers knew the shop/business had been in trouble for some time. People had been talking about her and the store for quite a long time even before she became public knowledge. Not one person that I know, that knows her has said that she's anything but lovely and friendly all the time.
*Borce apparantly is a very soft spoken, wouldn't hurt a fly type of man. There has been talk that his brother was not on very good terms with BR due to the fact that he felt that KR wore the pants in the marriage and as an European man should have taken more of a stand in his life and marriage and that in their culture it is looked upon as being seen as less of a man to allow a woman to control their life/money etc etc
*KR was incredibly ocused on trying to build a celebrity clientel and be seen around the right type of people.
*All neighbours (even streets away) in the early part of when she went missing were door-knocked by her friends handing out posters, asking for info etc.

So that's all I can share from what I've been told.

My personal thoughts? I'm torn between thinking she's either done a runner (and could get into big trouble when found) OR that she's at the bottom of the river and because the temperature is so cold is right at the bottom of it. That river has been known to have everything from cars to other stuff right at the bottom of it (I think it gets emptied every few years from memory).
The fact that her daughter has really not said much is of concern also. So that line of enquiry surely has to come into play?

BBM.

A belated welcome mella!

The general opinion of VR's relationship with his brother piqued my interest, given his statements as reported in MSM:

Police believe missing Melbourne woman Karen Ristevski could have been murdered
news.com.au
July 14, 20163:20pm

'The Herald Sun reports Ms Ristevski’s brother-in-law, Vic Ristevski, made another call to the public to help find her on Tuesday.

"It's terrible ... we are all shocked,” he told media. “If you are still alive talk to us."

“If you don’t want to talk to your husband, give me a call or my wife.”

He said the family was close
and the missing woman was happy while celebrating her daughter’s 21st birthday just a few weeks ago.

"It’s not like her. I don’t talk to her much but when we get together she is happy. He (Borce) is feeling awful, he can hardly talk,” he said.

"It is heartbreaking. I can hardly sleep at night. I wake up at 2am it’s a nightmare.”'

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...d/news-story/cde39d2fb8120ae9484ac5217c1a3edf

That's super interesting Bohemian, VR would know the river and waterways like the back of his hand .......

What would be his motivation? I'm really not getting a VR was involved vibe, but if anyone planned this they'd be dumping her way away from those waterways IMO.

RSBM

I didn't get that vibe about Tom Meagher at all. (I agree that people did suspect him, I could never work out why.) He truly appeared the concerned and then grieving husband to me, at all times. From his first appearances looking bewildered and worried, to the time he read out his prepared statement to the media, and his deep grief when Jill was found. I hope that he has forgiven himself for not joining up with Jill that night, as they often did. Their lifestyle seemed a very typical one for a young city-dwelling couple. Beautiful people, such a tragedy.

This situation with Karen seems very different to me. Argument, time-of-day, significant financial strain, one business closed, possibly a substantial monthly mortgage payment, possibly high-level family dysfunction, Borce not speaking at all to MSM and now (imo) not speaking to the police - not even a prepared statement to the public to highlight the need to find Karen and keep people looking. I just am not sure what is going on with all that.

ETA: Even the police vibe was different with Jill. This is everything we know about Jill's movements. Here is CCTV. Look at it, help us. Here it is again. Here it is again.

This is my thought exactly, everyone initially suspected Tom Meagher had something to do with Jill's disappearance but he was still out there in the media seeking answers even though he would have been a person of interest. And he didn't stop until the truth was discovered. Yet here we have total silence from family members and friends. Just doesn't make sense.

Yes, the Rivers Group was wound up as a result of the Docklands crash. Lou 'sailed away' (with some 'gentle persuasion') but VR obviously didn't. Just answering a simple question about boat ownership, Puggs ;)

btw you can link a .PDF, just right click on the link in your web browser to copy and save it to your clipboard and paste it here just like you would a webpage. Like this (.PDF):

https://www.google.com.au/url?q=htt...ggOMAE&usg=AFQjCNHQt8jAmctJV-jKhn518-E_GbvmRA

Another link here (no download required):

Lou sails into the Gold Coast’s loving embrace
30 Jun 2010
Docklands News
By Shane Scanlan

http://www.docklandsnews.com.au/editions/article/lou-sails-into-the-gold-coasts-loving-embrace_5529/

Yeah maybe VR still has some interest in a boat or two

Thanks for the pdf advise..Ill have a look next time. Have real trouble working out stuff on this ipad.....like copying and pasting etc..

BBM.

A belated welcome mella!

The general opinion of VR's relationship with his brother piqued my interest, given his statements as reported in MSM:

news.com.au

'The Herald Sun reports Ms Ristevski’s brother-in-law, Vic Ristevski, made another call to the public to help find her on Tuesday.

"It's terrible ... we are all shocked,” he told media. “If you are still alive talk to us."

and the missing woman was happy while celebrating her daughter’s 21st birthday just a few weeks ago.

"It’s not like her. I don’t talk to her much but when we get together she is happy. He (Borce) is feeling awful, he can hardly talk,” he said.

"It is heartbreaking. I can hardly sleep at night. I wake up at 2am it’s a nightmare.”'

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...d/news-story/cde39d2fb8120ae9484ac5217c1a3edf

Yes pretty stupid statement that especially so early into the investigation "if you are still alive talk to us". "The family was close". "I don't talk to her much", there's a contradiction, we're a close family but we don't talk much.???????? Be in the family's best interests to maybe keep him away from reporters.

What would be his motivation? I'm really not getting a VR was involved vibe, but if anyone planned this they'd be dumping her way away from those waterways IMO.

Motivation ........ makes me think of the Denis and Laurie Tanner case

I don't think Karen walked anywhere that morning or evening before do that matter

BBM.

A belated welcome mella!

news.com.au

A line of inquiry that has to be looked at. Goes back to initial thoughts on family members.

My thinking this has more credence than AR's involvement.

Yes pretty stupid statement that especially so early into the investigation "if you are still alive talk to us". "The family was close". "I don't talk to her much", there's a contradiction, we're a close family but we don't talk much.???????? Be in the family's best interests to maybe keep him away from reporters.

There appears to be two loose cannons.

Does anyone have the video link where Borce speaks in that first press conference. The one in the blue shirt please?

Last week, detectives from the Missing Persons Squad interviewed Mrs Ristevski’s stepson, Anthony Rickard, who is co-operating with police.

July 27, 2016 9:34am
They spoke to the 32-year-old at length, and the News Corpunderstands they found what he said about a family conflict to be credible.

Mr Rickard denies having anything whatsoever to do with his stepmother’s disappearance.

During his police interview, Mr Rickard made a number of allegations, which detectives are taking seriously.

That police interview came two weeks after Mr Rickard’s father, Borce, was interviewed over his wife’s disappearance, in what is standard police practice.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...e/news-story/5ba4fb8e6d266bfbb279f81d2eda1318

I'm. Really offended by this! What's ur point that Avondale heights is not middle class??? I live here & take offence to the notion that we can't afford designer labels!!

He's not the only member of the family to be contradictory. Read back over The Australian articles where AR talks about KR or, if you don't have a subscription or clippings, through her three WS threads where snippets of the articles have been discussed:

Thread 1:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Karen-Ristevski-47-Melbourne-Vic-29-June-2016

Thread 2:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ren-Ristevski-47-Melbourne-Vic-29-June-2016-2

He's not the only member of the family to be contradictory. Read back over The Australian articles where AR talks about KR or, if you don't have a subscription or clippings, through her three WS threads where snippets of the articles have been discussed:

Thread 1:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Karen-Ristevski-47-Melbourne-Vic-29-June-2016

Thread 2:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ren-Ristevski-47-Melbourne-Vic-29-June-2016-2

Yes I think AR is just a complete contradiction in himself that's why I don't take much of what he says as fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici