GUILTY Australia - Khandalyce Pearce (Wynarka) and Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #11

Earlier reports said Hazel Passmore had a young daughter in the car, who survived the accident and who was about the same age as Khandalyce. There was a photo of her wearing a pink wool-lined jacket that was said to be the same or similar to one of Khandalyce's. I thought that daughter was her child with Daniel Holdom but that might be wrong.
DH thought the child was his, HP told him it wasn't in 2011, that was part of the reason they broke up, he was devastated, she was cruel.

The case would have been defended and settled by Holdom's third party car insurer. Holdom would have no say in the amount of any settlement.
The car involved in the accident was a hire car from Alice Springs and DH was on a cocktail of drugs which I thought would have canceled out any insurance but I could be wrong as she obviously got the money when she sued.

The car involved in the accident was a hire car from Alice Springs and DH was on a cocktail of drugs which I thought would have canceled out any insurance but I could be wrong as she obviously got the money when she sued.
Just sort of guessing, but I think the insurer would pay compensation to the victim and then try to recover that by suing the drug-affected driver. Providing he had some assets to make it worthwhile.

60 Minutes this Sunday. There is a video attached to tweet but I can't bring it over.

60 Minutes Australia‏Verified account @60Mins 49m49 minutes ago
A mother and daughter mysteriously vanish. Their bodies are discovered five years, and over 1,000 kilometres apart in Australia’s biggest murder investigation. Now, go inside the crime that stunned the nation. What was really inside this suitcase? 8.30 Sunday on #60Mins.

60 Minutes: How police uncovered one of Australia's most sadistic killers
Abo reveals the extraordinary police investigation across two states that led detectives to uncover one of the Australia’s most sadistic killers.

A massive police investigation was then able to connect the two crime scenes and ultimately catch Holdom, the monster responsible for the murders.

Former detective Clive Small, who caught notorious serial killer Ivan Milat in the Belanglo forest, says there are haunting similarities between the backpacker murders and the killing of Karlie and Khandalyce.

“I’ve seen some pretty notorious murders over my time but really this takes the cake,” Small tells 60 Minutes.

60 Minutes: How police found one of Australia's most sadistic killers

The images were beamed across the country. And in the Northern Territory, Tanya Webber was one of the many who saw the news reports. She stared at the little girl’s pink dress, examining it at length. She’d seen it before. She had to delve deep into her memory before she realised why the garment was familiar. She’d seen her best friend’s granddaughter, Khandalyce Pearce, running around her Alice Springs lounge room wearing the very dress, seven years earlier.
But Tanya didn’t want to believe the dress belonged to Khandalyce, she didn’t want to believe that Khandalyce – who she called Khandles – was the little girl in the suitcase. But she couldn’t shake the image from her mind, and in a vain attempt to allay her fears, she called Crime Stoppers.

Tanya was caller 1267 and after months with no answers, detectives finally had their breakthrough.
How a Crime Stoppers call unlocked the mystery of the 'Angel of Belanglo'

suitcase-300x168.jpg

I remember sleuthing the little tutu and we saw that it was a common little dress from, IIRC Cotton On and it was an absolute long shot that this woman Tanya recognised the little pink dress and called Crimestoppers. Well done Tanya for caring enough to be number 1267 caller.

suitcase-300x168.jpg

I remember sleuthing the little tutu and we saw that it was a common little dress from, IIRC Cotton On and it was an absolute long shot that this woman Tanya recognised the little pink dress and called Crimestoppers. Well done Tanya for caring enough to be number 1267 caller.
It was someone in Adelaide who recognized the material patterns on the quilt that pieced it together. The 60mins story was not entirely accurate but i guess close enough

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back