Australia Australia - Kylie Blackwood, 42, Pakenham, Vic, 1 Aug 2013

That's always stood out to me - why has no reward been offered? Why has no plea been made??

I wonder if they offer rewards tactically. It was two years after Bung went missing that a reward was offered, and a big one at that. It was around the time new info came about iirc. Got me thinking if sometimes rewards are offered when they think they are close but need some crucial evidence. Just a thought.

I've just been going through old MSN etc, refreshing my memory, and found the video from Ch 7 in this post, is now private.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Australia-Pakenham,Vic - Kylie Blackwood, 42,murdered in her home,August 1st 2013

The video is Titled: New clue in mother's murder - YouTube

Is it just me or is it strange for a News Video to be made private? I've seen them be deleted, but not made private.

Yep, that IS weird. But so much is here, is it not??!!:scared:

I dont really have anything much to add to what had already been said, except that i am really pleased to see some more action on this case, because it distresses me that such a horrific crime can go unsolved for so long.

the thing that I find really confusing is that the type of assault/injuries that Kylie experienced are not what I would have expected from a 'robbery gone wrong'. I always thought that injuries inflicted to a person's face were usually 'personal'. and even if that is not the case then why would someone in the midst of a bungled robbery go to some much 'effort' to attack someone so viciously when surely it would be easier to go for vital organs/chest area IF you wanted to kill....but being a 'burglary gone wrong' then that would not be the main 'motive'. Something just doesnt make sense.
I know that some of these ice / drug related murders make people go 'wild' (for want of a better term) but it STILL doesnt seem 'quite right' to me.

The other thing is that (from memory, correct me if I am wrong) Kylie was found sitting upright on her lounge STILL ALIVE at 3.40 by her daughters when they came home. the daughters got a neighbour who said that Kylie will still alive at that time. So does this mean that Kylie was still alive for 3 hours after the attack? And sitting on the lounge? Have I got my facts twisted? because it just seems really strange (and all the more disturbing NOW).

also, earlier reports say that the man was seen looking in her house, he went away and then came back (when she returned from shopping) which would suggest to me that it wasnt random. If it was just a burglary gone wrong they surely he/they would not have returned when she was there, it would be easier to do it when she was out.

Does anyone know which bank it was, because I always thought that ALL ATMs took the card after 3 incorrect attempts. I looked at the links before about the account being frozen for 24 hours but I went on to the ANZ site and delved deeper: (it says this)

tHow many times can I incorrectly enter a PIN at point-of-sale and ATMs before my account is locked?
ANZ cardholders are allowed three PIN retries at point-of-sale terminals and three tries at ATMs from midnight-to-midnight AEST. Your PIN retry counter will be reset at midnight AEST each day. If you exceed three PIN tries at an ATM, your card will be retained by the ATM.
http://www.anz.com.au/personal/credit-cards/security/pen-pin-authorisation/
Do we know how many times they tried?
But then all banks could have different policies. But in this case the 'frozen account' is for point of sale terminals not ATMs.

Hi all new member here.

I live in pakenham first of all and here's some of my input into this.

1. To get from mrs blackwood's house to Main Street you have to cross the Princes Highway which is a MAJOR highway and at that time of day you'd be crossing into a lotta traffic seeing as no get away car was seen or mentioned.

2. In regards to the hoodie it may have been removed whilst in the act then used to cover up any blood or trauma of the kind on the offenders t/shirt you'd think you wouldn't not be noticed otherwise.

3. Off the top of my head , there are three banks along the main road there and two of them are within 1-2 minutes and in direct sight of harcourts . The other bank the bendigo is at the corner at the top of the street heading back towards my place .

4. Just a bonus extra there I guess. I was working at the local pub there and done the wake and met a lotta people including her kids , husband and his work mates have to say though they were very controlled in grieving and I mean what do you say you know.!

Hi GregtheGrand. Welcome! :seeya:

You don't happen to know if the Princes Highway has CCTV near Racecourse Rd or McGregor Rd do you? Police did say in one of the articles that they were considering that the suspect may have got into a car.

I am presuming (from Google) that these are the roads that would be used to get to Main Street from Kylie's house.

How many times can I incorrectly enter a PIN at point-of-sale and ATMs before my account is locked?
ANZ cardholders are allowed three PIN retries at point-of-sale terminals and three tries at ATMs from midnight-to-midnight AEST. Your PIN retry counter will be reset at midnight AEST each day. If you exceed three PIN tries at an ATM, your card will be retained by the ATM.
But then all banks could have different policies. But in this case the 'frozen account' is for point of sale terminals not ATMs.

RSBM

This article says there were three attempts to use the card at an ATM. So I guess that he didn't exceed the three PIN attempts, unfortunately. Could have been so helpful to have Kylie's card and check it for fingerprints.

I also notice that this article says that the credit card was from their account.

"Between 12.30pm and 2.30pm, that person made three attempts to withdraw cash from the Blackwood's account at an ATM located in Pakenham, but on each occasion the wrong pin number was entered."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/24197735/bank-blunder-hampers-murder-investigation/

I dont really have anything much to add to what had already been said, except that i am really pleased to see some more action on this case, because it distresses me that such a horrific crime can go unsolved for so long.

the thing that I find really confusing is that the type of assault/injuries that Kylie experienced are not what I would have expected from a 'robbery gone wrong'. I always thought that injuries inflicted to a person's face were usually 'personal'. and even if that is not the case then why would someone in the midst of a bungled robbery go to some much 'effort' to attack someone so viciously when surely it would be easier to go for vital organs/chest area IF you wanted to kill....but being a 'burglary gone wrong' then that would not be the main 'motive'. Something just doesnt make sense.
I know that some of these ice / drug related murders make people go 'wild' (for want of a better term) but it STILL doesnt seem 'quite right' to me.

The other thing is that (from memory, correct me if I am wrong) Kylie was found sitting upright on her lounge STILL ALIVE at 3.40 by her daughters when they came home. the daughters got a neighbour who said that Kylie will still alive at that time. So does this mean that Kylie was still alive for 3 hours after the attack? And sitting on the lounge? Have I got my facts twisted? because it just seems really strange (and all the more disturbing NOW).

also, earlier reports say that the man was seen looking in her house, he went away and then came back (when she returned from shopping) which would suggest to me that it wasnt random. If it was just a burglary gone wrong they surely he/they would not have returned when she was there, it would be easier to do it when she was out.

Does anyone know which bank it was, because I always thought that ALL ATMs took the card after 3 incorrect attempts. I looked at the links before about the account being frozen for 24 hours but I went on to the ANZ site and delved deeper: (it says this)

tHow many times can I incorrectly enter a PIN at point-of-sale and ATMs before my account is locked?

Thank you so much for that thoughtful post, EveD :seeya:

I just checked and she was dead when the neighbour found her - she just looked alive as she was positioned in a sitting position on the lounge.

"I ran over there and when I went inside I saw her just sitting there on the lounge like she was watching TV. I stayed with her and kept rubbing her leg and telling her she'd be all right and that the ambulance was on its way. But there was so much blood. She was already gone.''

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...other8217s-death/story-fni0ffnk-1226738956486

And I totally agree with you re the personalised nature of the attack. That's no robbery IMO. It's personal - the face suggests a relationship with the killer IMO. (as does the apparent positioning of the body after death)

You know, I'm just thinking - prompted by your last post EveD - we don't actually know what time Kylie was killed. Obviously LE would now have a clear idea due to the autopsy, but that info's never been released to the public

What if she was killed in the afternoon? What if she was killed AFTER 12.30 and the whole 'trying the ATM' was indeed an attempted alibi or intentional red herring???

It sounds like she looked alive when the neighbour found her.....if she was killed three and a quarter hours earlier, would she still look so alive? Or would discoloration have started? Shall Google about the human body after death as I don't know off the top of my head.......

Okay, so it sounds like if she died three hours earlier she would have looked pretty normal, but rigor mortis would be setting in.

Rigor normally appears within the body around two hours after the deceased has passed away with - as we have already mentioned - the facial and upper neck and shoulder muscles first to visibly suffer from its effects. Many Scenes of Crime Officers (SOCO) have reported that upon discovering the deceased that their face might have taken on what looks to be a grimace; this is because the facial muscles have contracted as ATP drains from them.

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/rigor-mortis-and-lividity.html

That aside, I'd love to know exactly what time LE believe she died......

Hi GregtheGrand. Welcome! :seeya:

You don't happen to know if the Princes Highway has CCTV near Racecourse Rd or McGregor Rd do you? Police did say in one of the articles that they were considering that the suspect may have got into a car.

I am presuming (from Google) that these are the roads that would be used to get to Main Street from Kylie's house.

Pretty sure racecourse road does and plus its near the station as well so CCTV would be good from there. McGregor road is a connecting road nearing so it maybe camera viewed as well.. Plus the traffic lights you'd take to get onto Main Street would have them too.

Well, that is the thing, IrisRising. There are s0o many conflicting reports. WHile most say she was dead when the girls found her, there is one that says that she was dying and another saying she was clinging to life (or something like that) and that the ambulance paramedics worked on her for a while. there are so many different reports it is confusing and i have to wonder why there is so much differing information.
Another article I read said she was 'bleeding heavily' when the girls found her. so forgetting the was she dead/dying argument, if she was described as heavily bleeding then the blood was moist (not dried) so I would imagine from that she died died not too long before that.

it is just such a horrific case. I really hope that they find who did it soon.

http://www.homehound.com.au/listing.../pakenham/5-mccaffery-rise-pakenham-vic-3810/

The Blackwood's home looks like it was leased out in October last year

Yes, I saw that at the time. The house is really lovely inside - made me feel both sad and a little voyeuristic to look through it on the net, knowing it's where Kylie lived.

I assume the people who rented it know exactly what happened there??! I personally could never live in a house where such an awful thing occurred.

That real estate site has some interesting facts about Pakenham demographics:

The median age of people living around 5 McCaffery Rise, Pakenham VIC 3810 is 31 with median weekly rent of $291. The average household size within the Pakenham area is 2.8, which is above the national average.

The Pakenham area consists of 94% houses, 5% apartments & 1% other with the most common profession being Technicians & Tradies.

http://www.homehound.com.au/listing.../pakenham/5-mccaffery-rise-pakenham-vic-3810/

Median age of 31 is very young.

I was looking at this Google view of Main Street, Pakenham. It really retains the country town feel, with all of the shops grouped together along a specific stretch of the street, then meandering off into housing at the ends.

The banks are quite close together.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-38...!1e1!3m2!1s_dFFkhNe8edh9NO3HhTPxA!2e0!6m1!1e1

Potentially, there could be a lot of CCTV along there.

The police officer in the radio interview that enzeder posted said that they had gathered a lot of CCTV the day after Kylie was murdered and soon after. Let’s hope they find what they need. :please:

I was looking at this Google view of Main Street, Pakenham. It really retains the country town feel, with all of the shops grouped together along a specific stretch of the street, then meandering off into housing at the ends.

The banks are quite close together.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-38...!1e1!3m2!1s_dFFkhNe8edh9NO3HhTPxA!2e0!6m1!1e1

Potentially, there could be a lot of CCTV along there.

The police officer in the radio interview that enzeder posted said that they had gathered a lot of CCTV the day after Kylie was murdered and soon after. Let’s hope they find what they need. :please:

Yes Main Street is a very clustered sort of road my street runs off it and near the back of the princess highway. The banks are close together too as is harcourts real estate where mr Blackwood worked. Brazen. And the top of Main Street was where I used to work and you've got the station too with CCTV. lots of options there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back