Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
She said 'police are taking it [her allegations] very seriously' and are willing to travel interstate, where she now lives, to get her statement, the Manly Daily reported.

"The 53-year-old claimed she was raped by two teachers at Beacon Hill High School (pictured) in 1979 and 1980"

This dated prior to Chris teaching at Beacon Hill High School. I suspect he was there in 1982. Assuming the allegations are true, from the 53 year old (1979 and 1980) and Kate Mcauley (1987) last week the culture at Beacon Hill was equally as bad as Cromer High.

Not a good school to send Chris to IMO, but maybe they were safe at that point in time because of his infatuation with Joanne.

Nicholas Cowdery resigns as White Ribbon chair after Keli Lane comments

While this may appear to be off topic, Cowdery was the DPP at the time of Lynn's original sparse and dismissive 'investigation'... I reckon attitude had a lot to do with that, the prevailing attitude at the time, ( and who can claim it's any better now? ) that women just walk out and leave their poor husbands with everything... sure.. kids, bank account , $property, job etc... ….

anyways.....! that's how I see it!

Nicholas Cowdery resigns as White Ribbon chair after Keli Lane comments

While this may appear to be off topic, Cowdery was the DPP at the time of Lynn's original sparse and dismissive 'investigation'... I reckon attitude had a lot to do with that, the prevailing attitude at the time, ( and who can claim it's any better now? ) that women just walk out and leave their poor husbands with everything... sure.. kids, bank account , $property, job etc... ….

anyways.....! that's how I see it!
Yes and he failed to prosecute CD twice. And got Keli Lane the promiscuous irresponsible mother locked up, again no body no evidence except for all her lies. CD must have been a good man for Cowdery, he wouldn't lie!

I hope other domestic cases prosecuted or otherwise by Cowdery, will get looked at by the new DPP.

Nocookies

sometimes it will state the story sometimes it says nocookies...annoying!!
conflict of interest at the dpp NOT RECORDED until this year.

this really is bigger than all of us.
what a damn mess.
and most importantly how does it affect getting justice for lynnette

the fact babbs 'conflict of interest' wasn't documented in the register at the time (as is procedure), didn't inform the police strike force liasing with him....didn't inform the family of the victim who assume he is the man they confer with...….. tells me exactly who was running the investigation :mad::mad::mad:

there is still *advertiser censored* covering boys club hoohaa going on and it smells like *advertiser censored*:confused::confused:

Nocookies

sometimes it will state the story sometimes it says nocookies...annoying!!
conflict of interest at the dpp NOT RECORDED until this year.

this really is bigger than all of us.
what a damn mess.
and most importantly how does it affect getting justice for Lynnette

The NSW police and Lyn's family did not find out until this year. I guess that is why they have an official register.

I don't understand why an Attorney General would know but it not be recorded particularly since Lyn's family had requested that the case be reviewed. It makes me mad.

The NSW police and Lyn's family did not find out until this year. I guess that is why they have an official register.

I don't understand why an Attorney General would know but it not be recorded particularly since Lyn's family had requested that the case be reviewed. It makes me mad.

bbm

it smells very very fishy :mad::mad::mad:

bbm

it smells very very fishy :mad::mad::mad:
I wasn't implicating the then Attorney General in any way. What I was saying is why tell a senior officer but not make it official for 7 years. Lloyd Babbs was in an important legal position in New South Wales and obviously knew the rules on conflict of interest which is why he declared it.. kind of.. I am sure the first thing people learn about law is evidence. If it's not there there is no proof anything happened... Well that was the DPP's view in 2001 and 2003, it might have changed since then.

Last edited:
I wasn't implicating the then Attorney General in any way. What I was saying is why tell a senior officer but not make it official for 7 years. Lloyd Babbs was in an important legal position in New South Wales and obviously knew the rules on conflict of interest which is why he declared it.. kind of.. I am sure the first thing people learn about law is evidence. If it's not there there is no proof anything happened... Well that was the DPP's view in 2001 and 2003, it might have changed since then.
someone somewhere in the department didn't follow through on legal protocol.
the question has to be asked..why?
there is something not lining up with who knew what when. why wasn't it documented and why was it kept on the low down.
if simply a case of the paperwork slipped through the cracks ...ok

but forgot to tell the family when they were personally corresponding with this department head entrusting he is seeking justice for their beloved.
but also.... forgot to tell the detectives feeding him information about the case that he has removed himself for conflict of interest.

We only have the information feed to us via msm and its pretty alarming imo.

now its just an embarrassing question mark in a very important office which stems from the missing wife of a single lone self indulgent narcissist .

it really is maddening!

edited to add.
sorry drt I highlighted your point because in my guess it seems the AG didn't know anything about it at the time by the contradictory statements coming from the media.:confused:

Last edited:
WHAT .....IS ......TAKING .....SO......LONG..... :mad:

wonder how the nsw DPP actually ever gets around to bringing forward charges against anyone.
this crap stinks
The original case took several months for the ODPP to make the decision to not to charge a known person.

Maybe it takes longer to make the decision to charge a known person?
While there have been new witnesses come forward, some of the original witnesses have passed away. eg Phil Day, Helena Simms.

They also have to make decisions without the DPP due to conflict of interest.

Last edited:
The original case took several months for the ODPP to make the decision to not to charge a known person.

Maybe it takes longer to make the decision to charge a known person?
While there have been new witnesses come forward, some of the original witnesses have passed away. eg Phil Day, Helena Simms.

They also have to make decisions without the DPP due to conflict of interest.
why is the dpp playing judge and jury with this case.
that isn't there prerogative to do so.

the reported conflicts of interest in varying places in this case is sabotaging progress imo.
a higher hand needs to step in.
if its all legit and above board there shouldn't be any need to hide or stagnate this case.

royal commission I say!!!!! :p:p

moo

What’s the appeal of the true-crime podcast The Teacher’s Pet – escapism or empowerment? | Zoe Williams

This article asks what is so compelling about the series 'Teachers Pet'...…

I am astonished that any one could ask that question!!……..

Link didn’t work for me, Troop. This one did:

What’s the appeal of the true-crime podcast The Teacher’s Pet – escapism or empowerment? | Zoe Williams

(Posting it in case anyone else has difficulty with yours.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member